Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#548678 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you cherry pick everything to make your case...
"Prof. Gershon Galil of the University of Haifa who deciphered the inscription: "It indicates that the Kingdom of Israel already existed in the 10th century BCE and that at least some of the biblical texts were written hundreds of years before the dates presented in current research."
Galil is an Israeli apologist.

We already know that Hebrews lived in 1000 BC Middle East. There is not a single thing in the text that aligns to a single Hebrew Scripture.

In short, Galil is a jewtard.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548679 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not faith. It's reason.
Unless there is evidence of gods or unicorns, there is no reason to believe they exist.
No faith involved.
So say you.

Atheists have a hard time understanding faith in other other way than religious faith.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548680 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, actually. I didn't write that. CC said that we all kill Jesus.....
CC responded to YOUR post that the atheists here killed Jesus.

You can't even remember your own posts ?

I am sorry for your loss of braincells.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548681 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
While the statement isn't false, it's misleading.
Atheism is a lack of belief in deities. That cannot motivate a person towards anything, be it murder or building a hospital.
Knowing that a person is a theist or an atheist tells you very little about them. Having a belief in some kind of deity tells you very very little, while not having a belief in a deity tells you nothing.
Why'd you write a misleading statement?

I disagree, atheism can and does motivate a person to do things. I've seen pictures posted here of things like freeway billboards and city buses that have anti-god(atheist) propaganda on them. That was motivated by people's atheism.

You've likely also heard of the atheist monument, the courthouse bench in Florida with atheist sayings and phrases on it. Was that motivated by nothing? No, it was motivated by people's atheism.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548682 Jun 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have the mind of a Child 'Memorex', so you need to be spoken to slooooowly lol.
The NT was written in Greek. The Greek word for soul is psuche or psyche. In Hebrew Soul is nephesh and Greek psuche
Jesus clearly differentiate the Soul from the Body:
Jesus said: "Be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28). Here, Jesus differentiated between the "soul" and the body. "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul," he said (verse 28). His words indicate that while the body is corrupted at death, the "soul" continues on, though both "soul" and body can end in soul-destroying hell.
http://www.gci.org/spiritual/soulspirit
So I go by what Jesus say. Jesus differentiate the body from the soul and it is Memorex.
I said Hebrew Scriptures. The NT is NOT Hebrew Scripture.
"Nephesh" is Hebrew for "Living Thing"

You are a Putz

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548684 Jun 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you admit Adolf Hitler was a Christian, that the Christian Church murdered tens of millions of people; from the Purges of Constantine, The Jewish genocide Pogroms, the Crusades, the Inquisitions and witch burnings right through the Holocaust.
Adolfo Hitler was a Christian, until he turned his back on God and starting thinking that he was a god. Many atheists do the same thing. Look at Mark, he was a Christian but isn't anymore, and he thinks the sun is a god.

The Spanish Inquistition was a State ministry, not a Papal organization.

The Holocaust was not a Christian thing, it was conducted by godless fools that murdered Christians.

Whatever number you have in your head is wrong, just like your numbers yesterday of the amount of people the atheist Stalin murdered, which is close to 40 million.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548685 Jun 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Galil is an Israeli apologist.
We already know that Hebrews lived in 1000 BC Middle East. There is not a single thing in the text that aligns to a single Hebrew Scripture.
That pottery shard is older than the Dead Sea scrolls.

You say "not a single thing", huh? You like being ignorant?

1' you shall not do [it], but worship the [Lord].
2' Judge the sla[ve] and the wid[ow]/ Judge the orph[an]
3'[and] the stranger.[Pl]ead for the infant / plead for the po[or and]
4' the widow. Rehabilitate [the poor] at the hands of the king.
5' Protect the po[or and] the slave /[supp]ort the stranger.

That's what was translated from the shard, prufesir.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#548686 Jun 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
It's not faith. It's reason.
Unless there is evidence of gods or unicorns, there is no reason to believe they exist.
No faith involved.
Do you have Personal Messages disabled?

Your little envelope is missing.

I wanted to send you links to pictures of my junk.

Going to the scrap yard soon to sell it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548687 Jun 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

You're just jealous that he's a real professor.

Gershon Galil is Professor of Biblical Studies and Ancient History and former chair of the Department of Jewish History at the University of Haifa, Mount Carmel, Haifa, Israel. He received his doctorate at Hebrew University in Jerusalem. His work, The Chronology of the Kings of Israel and Judah,[1] suggests a new chronology for the kings of ancient Israel and ancient Judah. His thesis was published by Brill Academic Publishers in 1996 and his chronology contrasts with those presented by the more traditional William F. Albright or Edwin R. Thiele. He has published extensively on Ancient Near Eastern Culture and History including: Israel and Assyria (Hebrew; Zmora-Bitan, 2001); The Lower Stratum Families in the Neo-Assyrian Period (BRILL, 2007) and more. He also co-edited two volumes of the Supplement to Vetus Tesatamentum: Studies in Historical Geography and Biblical Historiography presented to Zecharia Kallai (with M. Weinfeld, Brill, 2000); and Homeland and Exile: Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies in Honour of Bustenay Oded (with M. Geller and A. Millard, Brill, 2009).

Location hidden

#548688 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So say you.
Atheists have a hard time understanding faith in other other way than religious faith.
I've never seen such atheists.

Who the hell are you talking about?

I do have a hard time tolerating people committing the fallacy of equivocation, which happens ALL THE TIME with the word "faith".

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548689 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Adolfo Hitler was a Christian, until he turned his back on God and starting thinking that he was a god....
Once Saved Always Saved.

Hitler was a Christian and is in Heaven right now.

When did Hitler ever say he was God ?

You really should stop lying so much.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#548690 Jun 20, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God of peace, make me perfect in every good work to do your will. Work in me that which is well pleasing in your sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever (based on Hebrews 13:20-21). You are worthy of all praise, honor, and glory. Please see my worth through the blood of Jesus Christ, my Redeemer. Please forgive me of my shortcomings, and help me to live a holy life unto You, oh my God of peace. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
"Please see my worth through the blood of Jesus"

yuuuuuk, a bloody fantasy he is

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548691 Jun 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
CC responded to YOUR post that the atheists here killed Jesus.
You can't even remember your own posts ?
I am sorry for your loss of braincells.
No, dude. CC posted that we ALL killed Jesus because of ALL of our sins. He never singled out atheists.

My comment was that the Romans killed Jesus, in that regard I was speaking literally.

Now what do say about braincells??
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#548692 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't buy in to Mark's ignorant rants.
He says the SS Nazi's where Christian because they swore to God.
With that logic, then the entire American military, including POTUS, is Christian because they too swear to God.
Your lies are so easily disproved

Himlers words, leader of the SS:
In a slim volume called 50 Questions and Answers for the SS-Man the first question is: "What is your oath?" The answer is: "We swear to you, Adolf Hitler, loyalty and bravery as leader and chancellor of the German Reich. We vow to you and to the principles laid down by you obedience to the point of death. So help us God!" The second question is: "Thus you believe in a God?" The answer is: "Yes, I believe in a Lord God." The third question is: "What do you think of a person who does not believe in a God?" The answer is: "I consider him arrogant, stupid, and a megalomaniac; he is not suited for us."

I have reminded you of these three questions and answers in order to make our attitude to religion completely clear. Be in no doubt that we would not be able to be this body of men bound by a solemn oath if we did not have the firm belief in a Lord God who rules over us, who has created us and out Fatherland, our people and this earth, and who sent us our leader.

We have the holy conviction that according to the eternal laws of this world we are accountable for every deed, for every word, and every thought, that nothing our mind thinks up, our tongue speaks, and our hand does is completed with the act itself, but is a cause which will have its effect, which in an inevitable, inexorable cycle redounds on ourselves and our people in the form of a blessing or curse. Believe me, men with this conviction are anything but atheists.
See, he even had the same attitude towards atheist as you have.

Location hidden

#548693 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why'd you write a misleading statement?
To help you understand. <-- I mean to ATTEMPT to help you understand.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I disagree, atheism can and does motivate a person to do things. I've seen pictures posted here of things like freeway billboards and city buses that have anti-god(atheist) propaganda on them. That was motivated by people's atheism.
How does lacking a belief in deities provide direction to do anything?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You've likely also heard of the atheist monument, the courthouse bench in Florida with atheist sayings and phrases on it. Was that motivated by nothing? No, it was motivated by people's atheism.
I'm an atheist and I'm not motivated to do that.

That proves you are wrong.

Atheism is very simple. It's a lack of belief in deities. My lack of belief in deities is the same as everyone else's lack of belief in deities. If that alone can direct action, it must necessarily direct the same action for every atheist. It does not.

You are making a categorical error.

Causality in the human decision making process is complex in the extreme. You need a lot of data and analytic skills to have any hope of accurately mapping it.

If you find yourself asking, "Why do atheists do SOMETHING?", the first part of the answer might be because they have the freedom to do so. Beyond that, the motivating factors are going to be determined by the circumstances surrounding the individual atheists in question. There's a lot of correlation in atheist behavior, but pretty much all of that is due to the freedom of not having a belief in deities. Remember that atheism is the null state. We're all born lacking a belief in any deities. Adopting beliefs can provide direction. Not adopting them does not.

Neither theism or atheism provide any direction on their own, because they are just positions on one generic type of belief. Theists believe in at least one deity, while atheists don't believe in any. This distinction alone tells you almost nothing.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548694 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I do have a hard time tolerating people committing the fallacy of equivocation, which happens ALL THE TIME with the word "faith".
I'm talking about all of you atheists here. Every time it's mentioned that y'all have faith in your belief that deities don't exist, you all freak out and desperately try to change the word 'faith' to something else. Like Alice changed it to 'reason'

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548695 Jun 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:

Once Saved Always Saved.
Says who?
Hitler was a Christian and is in Heaven right now.
Says who?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#548696 Jun 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right....
And the sun is a god, huh?
For me? Yes one of many
I base that on personal experience
But for the not spiritual it is a thing

But it does exist and is not book fantasy
Only christians belief fairy tales to be real truth
That is why they fight so hard
to make it believed
it is make-belief

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#548697 Jun 20, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.

One more time:

There is a logical fallacy that goes by the name of the fallacy of equivocation. It occurs when the same word is used to mean two or more distinct things, and the speaker changes from one meaning to another mid-syllogism. For example, banks are places where money is deposited, and rivers have banks, therefore rivers are places where money is deposited. The two meanings are not interchangeable.

If I take two completely different ideas and call them both faith, I can do the same thing. Faith 1 - religious faith - is the sense of certitude without proof that is impervious to contradictory evidence. Faith 2 - rational, secular trust - is confidence based in experience and past performance, and which is proportionate to the quantity and quality of supporting evidence, and amenable to new findings that may make the idea more or less likely to be correct. These are radically different - as different as savings banks and river banks.

Atheists don't have religious faith - faith 1 - even if they have one or more other kinds of faith. But religious apologists seem to think that they benefit by fostering this confusion.

I'm ready for the responses from those who are wilfully ignorant.

Since: Jun 13

Julian, PA

#548698 Jun 20, 2013
i love this thread

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr MOGADORE 994,029
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 8 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web