Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#548387 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obsessed and intrigued by violence, Catch.
I have pity for you.
I don't care for violence, and I don't need your pity. Direct it where it belongs.

Where was your pity when you felt inclined to strike your six-month-old baby?

Where was your pity when you decided to smack your wife?

Since: Jul 08

Brecksville, OH

#548388 Jun 19, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
my spell is more perfect from your low IQ EDUCATION at church elementary school-now you spit of your past priests and nuns teachers
Your confusion is noted.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#548389 Jun 19, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
"because of your just punishments"..
What do you think that is??
Seperation from Heaven and the pains of Hell..
Defend your Catholic church all you want to there
Skom.
You are as ugly a poster as it is a religion.
So you say. I left the rcc for my own reasons but do look back on my time as well spent. I can still remember being a 9 year old listening to soft rain outside during mass wanting to know God more. This isn't really the place to debate doctrine but I am thankful that God is good and He places where He wants. As with most of your postings Le Le I thank God I don't know what you speak of. Mind you its not my aim to defend evil in the rcc or anywhere, say a public school where a teacher harms a child. Just thankful this religion you are at war helped me to want to know Christ.

Since: Jul 08

Brecksville, OH

#548390 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So am I. Kids are 14 & 16. The baby mama is just an egg donor.
Well worth it.
It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it.

Fremont, CA

#548391 Jun 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Him and his congregation use the same tactics that televangelists use to get donations, i.e., a good believer contributes. A "smart" person donates, and you're not smart unless you do what they want you to. Anyone trying brainwashing on me is in for a big disappointment. I'm not buying a ticket to heaven (lame) OR a stub for a trip down the Pathway of Paradigmatic Paragonia (it's too sterile for me).
He.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#548392 Jun 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>No God.
That is the most arrogant and evil value, ever.
Circular argument.
Not to mention dangerous in that it may cause people that mentally cannot look into the absurdity of atheism for themselves, who have heard the Gospel of Christ, go reject it, and end up experiencing the Wrath of a Holy God on their soul with eternal unimaginable punishment.
You really think a God which would play such lame guessing games would be worth worshipping?

Besides that, if your deity already knows everyone's fate in advance, none of that makes any sense. Also, if God created everything then God also created atheism. Why does God create things that God disapproves of?
It no matter if they no believe in Satan or hell or not, I know that what they in store for. And to me, the Atheism Philosophy is Dangerous to the human race.
Sooooo...it matters whether you believe in God but not whether you believe in Hell.

???

Oh, and also, atheism is not a philosophy. You might want to learn what it is before you criticize it.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#548393 Jun 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure the owners think so.
http://www.lagunawoodsvillage.com/section.cfm...
There are so many to go around, though, I don't see how they are "dearer" than they are "mean", to any but their owners. Do you covet any not your own? Obviously not. So I don't see a point except the one of distancing yourselves from those around by using it. You wouldn't wear an alienating armband, would you?
Images, nor temples, validate thoughts. Images and temples can always be torn down.
It occurs to me that the bulk of Christianity relies on or utilizes iconic imagery, symbols and methodologies. Known as idols or idolatry if it's any other religion being discussed.

It angers or upsets many Christians for it to be referenced in that way, but, I've seen many Christians point out those same flaws in other religions and the only difference between them and those others is that word, Christian.

Which, if you think about it, even that word, "Christian" has become idol like to many people.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548394 Jun 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists haven't had a voice EVER prior modernity. Your bible haven't survived our test yet.
It's already been tried. Your kind of people executed Jesus and here we are, still arguing the same argument.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548395 Jun 19, 2013
You right, circular argument. Because you chase this circle of argument for months now and I not going to run around the circle with you.
[QUOTE who="wilderide"]< quoted text>
Circular argument.
<quoted text>
You really think a God which would play such lame guessing games would be worth worshipping?
Besides that, if your deity already knows everyone's fate in advance, none of that makes any sense. Also, if God created everything then God also created atheism. Why does God create things that God disapproves of?
<quoted text>
Sooooo...it matters whether you believe in God but not whether you believe in Hell.
???
Oh, and also, atheism is not a philosophy. You might want to learn what it is before you criticize it.
I know what it is, it is a religion, and a philosophy.

If you no think Jesus Christ worth worshiping, then simply don't worship Him then.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548396 Jun 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deity mythology should be on the table, too(since you believe in it).
According to this Christian website, http://www.ldolphin.org/pickett.html , an estimated preflood population ranged from 5-17 billion, with an avg. of 10 billion given as being reasonable. Maybe you can find something that gives numbers that are different.
Let's go with 10 billion for now.
10 billion people. Dead. Because your deity was angered.
Oh, I forgot, out of the 10 billion, 8 people were saved.
AB Genesis 6:7; 7)So the LORD said: "I will wipe out from the earth the men whom I have created, and not only the men, but also the beasts and the creeping things and the birds of the air, for I am sorry that I made them." (Gen 6:7 NAB)
Previously, in the mythical story the god has expressed satisfaction or joy, doubt, fear, anger, sorrow and contempt.
Strangely, the deity expresses entirely human like emotions.
The deity in its frustration and sorrow, will also take out these feelings on plants, trees, bugs, animals, birds, kittens and puppies, unborn children, babies, children, teens, and full grown adults that it created. By killing them. Not by a snap of its godly fingers.
Not by instantly snuffing all life out of existence. Something a perfect deity and perfectly omnibenevolent loving deity would likely do.
But, by a steady and progressive storm of rain that will inexorably raise the waters of the earth. Eventually drowning every living thing on it.
Death by drowning.
The people and other creatures on earth will suffer by watching others, and finally loved ones drown, frantically climbing trees, scrambling up hills and mountains, eventually, with no other place higher to go. No doubt they would try to escape as the waters rose higher, swimming, thrashing and eventually succumbing to drowning themselves.
Now the deity has shown another human behavior.
Cruelty.
But, that's your myth.
Of course, there is no evidence of an engulfing world wide flood ever happening. You can visit here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_long-liv... and see a list of some life forms that have been alive anywhere from 2,000 years, all the way to 80,000 + years.''
Life forms that could not have survived underwater, or immersion in brackish water.
What does any of that matter to you, you think the flood story is a myth and do is all of christianity.

Pol Pot & Stalin aren't myths, they are murdering atheists, according to G... Take it up with him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548397 Jun 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your deity mythology should be on the table, too(since you believe in it).
According to this Christian website, http://www.ldolphin.org/pickett.html , an estimated preflood population ranged from 5-17 billion, with an avg. of 10 billion given as being reasonable. Maybe you can find something that gives numbers that are different.
Ya...lol...

"Although it is difficult to obtain an actual value of world population at the time of the flood, 5 to17 billion people would appear to be reasonable populations"

"5-17 billion"...... Give or take agree zeros.

LMMFAO! Good guess!

By the way, there was oy rightly 2,000 years between Adam & Noah.

Starting with just 2 people, there's no way 2 people could turn into 5 billion in just 2,000 years.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548398 Jun 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He.
Too bad that's all you've got.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548399 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is. It is a biased and poorly translated collection of Jewish and Christian texts assembled under the authority of the pagan Roman Emperor Constantine circa 350 AD. THE KJV is an altered, poorly translated and further reduced set of that collection created under King James around 1600 AD.
Too bad all you alleged Christians don't know anything about your own religion.
In 2,008, a pottery shard with biblical inscriptions on it was found near Jerusalem that dated to the 10th century, BC. The bible is much older than you think. At least the writings of it are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548400 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Stalin was an ex-catholic that established atheism as a dictum of the USSR. He also starved to death and murdered at least 10 million of his fellow Russians, mostly do to his ridiculous agricultural reforms.
However, that does not compare to the 1700 years of murder and torture committed by the Christian Churches.
10 million?! It was more like 40 million.

Do your homework, prufesir.

Fremont, CA

#548401 Jun 19, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad that's all you've got.
For you, yes.

You are very, very rude.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548402 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you do have a big enough mouth.
ROFLMAO
What would I need a big mouth for?

You can f_ck a Cheerio without breaking it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548403 Jun 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care for violence, and I don't need your pity. Direct it where it belongs.
Where was your pity when you felt inclined to strike your six-month-old baby?
Where was your pity when you decided to smack your wife?
Yes you do, you definitely need pity. And you have mine.

You're far too obsessed with violence. You even think that spanking a child is "violent behavior" or "domestic violence".

You're sad, even for a liberal Californian.
RogerThat

AOL

#548404 Jun 19, 2013

BIBLE 1 world changes a person's life

http://youtu.be/xmaemV5ONUA

Location hidden

#548405 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What does any of that matter to you, you think the flood story is a myth and do is all of christianity.
Pol Pot & Stalin aren't myths, they are murdering atheists, according to G... Take it up with him.
hahaaa...

I get it, I get it...

I get it.

Your deity can be referred to by myself as something mythic, and something I don't believe in, even going as far to say, in your words:

"Pol Pot & Stalin aren't myths". <<(why is that?)

So, it seems, your belief that your deity is absolutely real(the bible is your story and evidence), and has done everything you certainly believe it did, and represents "reality", to you, is off the table as far as murderous atrocities go.

Because "I" don't have your theistic deity belief.

So, watch this.

I don't think Pol Pot and Stalin murdered people because they were atheists. My reasoning for that is simple.

Roughly 13% of the population of earth right now is atheist, and atheists aren't murdering people because they are atheists.

What I do think, is Pol Pot and Stalin were despots, and they had economic strategies, regional domination desires, and emperor/deity personal agendas that led them down the road they traveled.

Atheism is nothing more than not having the belief a theist has that deities exist.

Location hidden

#548406 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2,008, a pottery shard with biblical inscriptions on it was found near Jerusalem that dated to the 10th century, BC. The bible is much older than you think. At least the writings of it are.
Link that information, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Lonestar 93,075
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Richardfs 979,549
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min kent 668,095
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 21 min USA-1 39,226
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rob Ford 286,116
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sky Writer 31 183,699
--- Pres TRUMP 100% Match to ANTICHRIST, TRIB --- 3 hr Haha 2
More from around the web