Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#548251 Jun 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. seriously, why do you insist on claiming G_O_D posted something derogatory when you've been proven wrong by both believers and non-believers on this thread? What's wrong with you ??..
"A person consumed with hate can rarely see past their wrinkled brow." - Me

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548252 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That IS the system.
<quoted text>
Are you claiming that you atheists aren't a group of interacting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex whole?
By your criteria there is no difference between a Jew, a Muslim and a Christian.

ROFLMAO

Praise Ellah !

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548253 Jun 19, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are wise not to post any personal information on Topix. The mentally ill will use it against you ..
I do so to expose the mentally ill.

Most of my info is public record and I have far more than Topix looneys to worry about.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#548254 Jun 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You really think I care that a bunch of azz clowns from a atheistic religion thinks I'm, a buffoon??
Whatever you think of us, no, I doubt many of us think you care about very much apart from saving your soul. You've told us that both explicitly and implicitly - when you told us that your family came second to your religion. That was pretty disturbing, although not unexpected. Your religion teaches you to be selfish:

"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26

Isn't this really saying to put yourself and your desire to be a disciple of Jesus ahead of your family's interests? Imagine the horror for a wife and kids if a man told them that he had just decided to become Jesus' disciple, and that they would now be taking a back seat to Jesus. That's great for the church and the priests, but not for the family.

Your religion teaches you some horrible values.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548255 Jun 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to ask you a couple of things if you don't mind
Is it a cultural thing where you are at for certain religious understanding to be passed down or was that more to do with your family tradition?
And I see you say in this post you are an atheist
I am assuming you did believe at one time?
If so what faith were you brought up in? And did you go straight from belief to unbelief or did you reject the organized religion first and still believe in God and then kind of over time became atheist?
If so or if you never believed, either way, what is the reason why if you don't mind me asking?
I ask because I know a lot of people that left the faith but still maintain a belief in general in God and i know some who left the faith and don't believe in God at all. I am just generally curious how the progression from belief to unbelief took place with individuals
(T) Peace
OMG, u sound lovely!! Why the hell are the 'guys' at war with u?

It's more of a family thing. Our Guru's did tell us to educate ourselves, but not everyone listens, most don't listen. I guess we are all born different too! Some people want to learn others don't, u can't force anybody to learn!

I'm not an atheist!!!!!!!!!! I only said that coz i was messin' with trifecta1. trifecta1 said that Buddha was an atheist. I was saying that if Buddha was an atheist like 'Tide' is then i'm an atheist too......NOT! I WAS BEING SARCASTIC! I've always had Indian philosophy and Jesus in my heart and with the grace of God it's gonna stay that way. Sometimes i say that I've been an atheist and my grandfather is one too, but he or I have never been atheists like 'Tide' and 'catcher' are.

I've always believed that we don't know anything about ourselves, the world etc...but we r here to learn and find out!

I don't really 'mix' with any religious group. We stay away from religious organisations!!!

People who keep changing their mind don't really get anywhere in life. I've met people who are Christians one day then they convert to Islam the next day. It's like, WTF? Christianity didn't make sense to u but Islam did? My friend at uni was a Christian for half of the week and an atheist for the other half. He could just not make up his silly mind. But i guess we all have freedom of choice!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548256 Jun 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your argument is essentially that the bible is more reliable than the Internet because it is older and has survived criticism....
All the arguments for the validity of the Bible can be equally applied to the TaNaKh and the Qu'ran. The TaNaHk is 2500 years old. The Catholic Bible is 1700 years old. The Qu'ran is 1400 years old and the KJV is 400 years old.

The Jews win. Convert now RR !

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#548257 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the first hospitals were Egyptian, based on their religion - NOT atheism.
There is no evidence that their hospitals were based on their religion. Where did you get that idea from? In any case, they certainly weren't Christian.

Point being, again, that there is nothing about a lack of religion that correlates to a lack of morality, or helping others.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548258 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your argument is essentially that the bible is more reliable than the Internet because it is older and has survived criticism. For me, that isn't a warrantee that its contents are more reliable than the Internet, especially given its provenance and the way the Christian religion was spread - at the point of a sword.
Also, there is the fact is that the bible has been sterile through those two millennia except as a tool of exploitation. To me, it is sterile: it has nothing useful in it. Not one good idea in the bible originated there. And the few good ideas are diluted by a lot of bad ones that are responsible a lot of suffering. It's very difficult to identify anything of benefit to the world that came from that book.
Whatever its value may have been in the past, today its contents have no value to the world except possible as poetry or inspiration for those that like that kind of thing. So, to me, you have not made an effective argument for trusting a holy book more than web sites and pages.
Contrariwise, even though there is a lot of crap on the Internet, there is also a lot of useful material. The Internet is a valuable source of information if you know how to navigate it and critically evaluate its content.
Well no, that wasn't my point. The Bible is on the Internet, too.

The point is that the Bible has withstood the test of time. It has withstood the test of atheists and other religions for over 2,500 years and I believe will continue to do so for another 2,500 years.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548259 Jun 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
By your criteria there is no difference between a Jew, a Muslim and a Christian.
ROFLMAO
Praise Ellah !
Wait, I disagreed with you. You're supposed to call me a liar...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548260 Jun 19, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence that their hospitals were based on their religion. Where did you get that idea from? In any case, they certainly weren't Christian.
Point being, again, that there is nothing about a lack of religion that correlates to a lack of morality, or helping others.
Again, I didn't say the first hospitals were Christian. I said they were religious. They were first created in Egyptian temples. What do you suppose a temple is for? They were built for the official worship of the gods.

I said nothing about morality, you're attempting to change the goalposts.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#548261 Jun 19, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The facts are you told me it was stupid that I told someone I thought they were not being honest
Nope.

It said was stupid to call Grace a liar, not what you have turned it into. It is not stupid to ASK somebody if they are being honest, or to suggest that they may be mistaken.
Skombolis wrote:
you lied and claimed you were talking about "gratuitous alienation" which doesn't even come close to accurately depicting the situation
That phrase describes it perfectly.

It is very possible to question the veracity of a comment without calling its source a liar. It is a choice, not a necessity, to do so. And it was the choice you made, as is so frequently the case with you. You take pleasure in the use of that word, and you gratuitously alienate others when you do, as you did with me. We were once friends. I'm sorry that you didn't value that as much as you did calling me a liar for no necessary reason.

That is gratuitous alienation. This is what we once had: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

You threw that away for nothing of value in return, unless you value calling people "liars."
Skombolis wrote:
Your original message was clear. Even if someone thinks it is true that someone else is not being honest, saying nothing is the smart move as someone could gain an ally by doing so.
Clear? You have no idea what you the words you read mean. That's YOUR spin, and it reflects YOUR projection of your YOUR onto MY words.

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand." ~Bertrand Arthur William Russell

My message is that it is strategically foolish to turn potential friends and allies into enemies for the ephemeral satisfaction of slandering them. It's not necessary, hence the use of the word "gratuitous."

Location hidden

#548262 Jun 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I promise, Clementine, I've been good.
There's a buffoon here spreading nasty rumors.
I think he's jealous.
Well, u r a sexy gangster lawyer who works for the mafia, so people r gonna get jealous when u give me so much attention. I don't blame 'em!

Why don't u guys get on with Skom? So far he/she sounds nice to me.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548263 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no, that wasn't my point. The Bible is on the Internet, too.
The point is that the Bible has withstood the test of time. It has withstood the test of atheists and other religions for over 2,500 years and I believe will continue to do so for another 2,500 years.
The Bible has only existed for 1700 years, Jesus was only born approx. 2010 years ago.

Are you a moron, insane or a liar ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548264 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I disagreed with you. You're supposed to call me a liar...
You are very disagreeable, true. That is not what makes you a liar.

“FOUR HORSEMEN!”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#548265 Jun 19, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, u'r not as bad as me!:-)
I hate this Google chrome thingy, it's so stupid. When i write the British way of spelling a word i get a red line underneath the word, BUT if i write the America spelling it's fine with it. It was better using internet explorer at least i never got any red lines.
You know why you always get red lines? Because you're not one Tully Blanchard.

FOUR HORSEMEN!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548266 Jun 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I didn't say the first hospitals were Christian. I said they were religious....
Wrong.

You stated that atheists never built a hospital.

That was disproved by the existence of hospitals in the USSR and Red China.

Then you moved the goal posts again.

Location hidden

#548267 Jun 19, 2013
Idolatry,witchcraft,hatred,var iance,emulations,
wrath,strife,seditions,heresie s,I have also told you in time past that they which do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Galatieans 5:20-23

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548268 Jun 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Whatever you think of us, no, I doubt many of us think you care about very much apart from saving your soul. You've told us that both explicitly and implicitly - when you told us that your family came second to your religion. That was pretty disturbing, although not unexpected. Your religion teaches you to be selfish:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26
Isn't this really saying to put yourself and your desire to be a disciple of Jesus ahead of your family's interests? Imagine the horror for a wife and kids if a man told them that he had just decided to become Jesus' disciple, and that they would now be taking a back seat to Jesus. That's great for the church and the priests, but not for the family.
Your religion teaches you some horrible values.
I think [your] religion Atheism teaches some horrible values.

And lets clarify, I would not put my family above a religion. But I definitely would put Jesus Christ, before my family. Absolutely.

If someone loves this life and and the things of this life like they family or bank account or yacht or whatever, the most they can be is a religious Christian, but they not no Jesus Follower.

A true disciple of Jesus Christ..nothing in this world comes before Jesus Christ. Not family not wife not anything.

So if you living your life based only on this existence--then good for you, no one no envy you for you secular humanism.

Location hidden

#548269 Jun 19, 2013
Tully Blanchard wrote:
<quoted text>
You know why you always get red lines? Because you're not one Tully Blanchard.
FOUR HORSEMEN!
What? Where did u come form?

Location hidden

#548270 Jun 19, 2013
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall deprt from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.1 Timothy 4:1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profitional massage for girl in Sohar (oman) (Jan '15) 7 min Bewithme 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 38 min Classic 3,809
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 40 min Bongo 64,059
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Steve III 654,009
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 973,805
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 5 hr Clive 27
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr Clive 80
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,508
More from around the web