“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#548074 Jun 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
And it has to be crummy old English to hide how unelevated the ideas are.
It is simply a ode to slavery. The more they herald their God, the punier man becomes. they do not call themselves "servants" for nothing
But this guy rules nothing, if he did, he did not need humans to convert people. He is completely powerless. He is simply a fantasy created by scholars.
Crummy ole English, ja... it is even crummier today from all that I am picking up in here... and I can't speak for a puritan - which was the first time I used even this English word yesterday – in my response. That's their business and choice, and not mine to condemn nor judge. It is not my world nor my language, but if others are happy with it, and together we can share and enjoy some common thread within that, who are you to discard what is peace?

Slavery is what you experienced with whatever the religion you claimed you were enslaved into, but not everyone has felt that way... nor about Jesus. Not even me - and yet have said -.with the way Christians by name and not heart have treated me I should be the first to denounce them.
The fact that I have seen and spoken with Jesus when they denounced me, is good enough for me to know he doesn't give a damn about what language a person speaks. And you are right... many grab the jugular of a non believer and do not demonstrate any true God Love in their approach to strangers... but grasp their own egos to add another notch to their accumulation of saved souls.

… vasbyt maatjie Whatever history tells of all religions wrongs, it still doesn't change why some claim to hold onto their faith and why others choose not to... nor prove who is right or wrong when it comes to what or why they each believe... God or no God. True Spiritual is an altogether different realm.

I for one will remain with it regardless because of the results proven to me, and only time will tell when my little report book is opened, and the truth which even I the least among them all share is revealed about any. Believe me... I am a scholar of a different kind, and it is no fantasy if in Suid Afrika what I presented – taken from the Bible – was Noble material the greats in science recognized before they knew how I came by it !
Gaan veilig...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548075 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Oy lady!, where you getting your information from?
I am familiar with Buddhism and Buddha was indeed an atheist. Or to be more precise Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism was an atheist:
http://philosopedia.org/index.php/Gautama
“[Gautama] is chiefly interesting to us,” wrote Joseph McCabe,“from the fact that, though the religion which now goes by the name of Buddhism is a crass and to a great extent corrupt mass of superstitions, he was an atheist. It is admitted that he was educated in the Sankhya philosophy, which was atheistic. Brahmanism had become so abstract a religion, while the mass of the people clung to the grossest myths, that there was a wide spread of atheism at that time. Gautama decided to devote his life to a purely humanist and very simple preaching of ideals of conduct among the people.” McCabe cites Prof. T. Rhys Davids of Cornell as saying that Gautama “denied the existence of any soul”(cosmic or human). The Encyclopaedia of Religion, however, entrusts its article on Buddha to one of the clerical writers who held that Buddha must have believed in God.“These sophists,” argues McCabe,“first argue that atheism is inconsistent with high ideals and then that any man whose ideals they cannot deny must have been a theist. The real authorities agree that Buddha was an atheist.”
[[
We discussing religions and philosophies on the billboard, so if you going to talk about the traditions of religions, get it right.
This is exactly what I've been talkin' about, Mr trifecta1!

So u r saying Buddha ji was an atheist like the poster Tide is? I love Tide and all, but i would never put him in the same category as Buddha ji.

Buddha ji was a sant, he wanted to reach the state of Nirvana and get out from this cycle of pain. He had the same goal that sants before him have had. Bhagat kabeer was an atheist too;

Standing at His door, mythical Brahma studies the Vedas, but he cannot see the unseen Lord. With the oil of knowledge about the sense of reality, and the wick of Naam, the Name of the Lord, this lamp illuminates my body. I have applied the Light of the Lord of the Universe, and lit this lamp. God, the knower knows. The
unstruck melody of the Panch Shabad the Five Primal Sounds, vibrates and resounds. I dwell with the Lord of the world. Kabir, your slave, performs this Aartee, this lamp-lit worship for You, O Formless Lord of Nirvana”.- Sikh scripture.

Guess what? I'm an atheist too!!! I hope i reach Nirvana!!

I hope that helps!

Stop listening to western people telling u what Eastern philosophy is, they haven't the foggiest!!! Also the word atheist is never used for a sant, NEVER! It's very disrespectful, but i don't think Buddha ji minds!
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#548076 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame that there isn't a religion based on love, respect and common decency for all mankind that the ignorant masses could believe in.
The only deity I can see evidence of is the one they call Satan.
There are many, they do not have such a big mouth.
They don't proselyte

What we see here is this: http://goo.gl/dbIIb

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#548077 Jun 18, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. All of the little details I don't remember as well as you. In fact when the name first came back up I didn't remember it. Then as the story unfolded. I did remember. I remember that very quickly I, as did many of us others, even those of us who were generally on opposing sides, found the whole thing to be unbelievable. I personally found the same information, using only her/him/it's posts. And with very little effort found that the tactic used here was common for them. The same tactic was used on other sites. Most all of those of who were regulars at the time, saw through it. If I remember correctly there was a few that tended to defend her. But, I think their own personal life experiences leaned them in that direction. Anything that G posted, was given to him by the bunny poster themselves.
Thanks, B-Man. Trifecta thinks that no one remembers what happened a year ago, he hates me and can;t use the truth to attack me so he has to lie.

There are so many truthful things about me one can attack me with I don't know why anyone has to lie.

I am a failure as a husband and father.
I was a drug addict and alcoholic.
I am arrogant and obnoxious.
I am a braggart.
I am egotistical.
I am an academian.
I am a slut.

Isn't that enough ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548078 Jun 18, 2013
You no have no power you cast no spell over no one life. The Evil you wish for others is already on you. You living a long painful lonely life huh? we all see why--who the heck want you around them?
[QUOTE who="G_O_D"]<quot ed text>
May you and anyone who believes your lies live a long, painful and lonely life.
An aside to all you Christians standing by.
This is what your religion looks like to most people.
You have a "brother" do this kind of disgusting shit and yuou stand by and say nothing...some of you will even pat these scumbags on the back as soon as they say "Praise Jesus".
You have no problem jumpimg on the typos of an atheist but never confront the pigs in your own midst.
Because everyone see you what you is..an evil disgusting cretin.

We all see the truth, you can't deny it. You say is lies and we all read the truth for ourselves. So basically you asking people who they going to believe you? or they lying eyes..lol.

You can't hide writer, YOU EXPOSED. So continue you rabid foaming at the mouth at Jesus and at those that defend Jesus. We all see why you do it, you're a evil sick little twirp.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548079 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a shame that there isn't a religion based on love, respect and common decency for all mankind that the ignorant masses could believe in.
The only deity I can see evidence of is the one they call Satan.
They r ignorant masses what do u expect? LOL

Don't be too sad, there have been many who have, are and will keeping dying to help save the minds of ignorant people. Actually, that's even more depressing, good people keep dying to save stupid people. Oh, i wanna cry! Now look what u done!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548080 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*facepalm*
I am sure in your fantasy world only Christians build hospitals.

Perhaps you should get off the internet so reality won't interfere with your hallucinatory existence.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548081 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*facepalm*
Really?!
How would the church paying tax have to do with you atheists actually building a hospital instead of talking about it?
According to you there were no hospitals in the former USSR and Red China.

You really like making an ass of yourself, don't you ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#548082 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, B-Man. Trifecta thinks that no one remembers what happened a year ago, he hates me and can;t use the truth to attack me so he has to lie.
There are so many truthful things about me one can attack me with I don't know why anyone has to lie.
I am a braggart.
I am egotistical.
I am an academian.
I am a slut.
Isn't that enough ?
To summarize---You're a Evil SOB, like I said. Thanks for admitting.

I attacked you with the truth. It's a legitimate question to me from writers as why I choose to bring it up from last yr---I have my reasons.

But it is the truth--use it to set you free.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#548083 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem sister:) And it still kind of fits us as everybody still lives in both the spiritual and the secular world for now.
<quoted text>
Yep. There are a lot of people on Topix that would have nothing to do all day if they couldn't get Christians to engage them on their beliefs. every so often I try to correct something or help an understanding or show something simply is Internet nonsense and not true. But for the most part i don't argue my beliefs either with people outside the faith as I can't give them faith and the rest is pointless then. Why people spend so much time worried what others believe I will never understand. I think it stems from a lack of fulfillment. But for me Jesus will always be the truth and convincing someone else who doesn't think so and has their heart set to oppose that is somethign I don't bother with
<quoted text>
Amen
<quoted text>
To you as well my friend
:)
I know you do – each in our own way - thanx my friend. You are one of the few who are strong enough to be my sounding board, and I thank you too for that. We might have different views, but both the same love for Jesus... plus the thing we do respect is what we share about our experiences we do not discard but leave the book open to 'all things are possible to those who love God'

It is automatic that those – meaning anyone – who is passionate enough for a cause will pursue it... but is the end result which tells if it's right or wrong. Patience my brother becomes stronger with that belief... and if the belief is God or no God... having met Jesus in real life terms, I am sure he will speak for himself when he's ready, and not just when some are waiting, ja?
… there truly is 'a reason for everything under the sun!'
True Peace is God Love in whatever language it is written.
… and it is written!
LuvU2 dare Brother, and God Bless

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548084 Jun 18, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible did not call JESUS what you did ~ still don't know what your point was but will leave it with you..... shocking as it is.
Yes it does.

God got Mary pregnant before she was married.(a bastard child)
Mary was engaged to Joseph whe God got her pregnat (adultery)
Mary was a young girl conned by a much older man into a reproductive activity (statutory rape).
Mary was probably under 16 years old (pedophilia, child abuse and rape)

Maybe you should read the bible without the blinders the preachers gave you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#548085 Jun 18, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained how it seems a lot happened in my year of absence 2012... but since I've been back, I don't see this bunny poster to talk with and you also talk behind back. Why you bring back subject what was making so much trouble one year ago just for more problems in here today. If you want to share Christian... it is Christian to forgive, ja ?
... and move on, and bring back some peace to sharing a discussion.
move on?? sure, I can do that. I made my point.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548086 Jun 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. So a few days ago I was in my sisters house. She and her husband make it very clear they don't believe in God. As a person that does I do the same thing as I do on topix, stand up for Christ. Its why I see my sister perhaps once a year. This visit was because of a death in the family. They did invite me to a bar which is silly since I quite drinking in 2004. Good point.
You treat your own family like shit.

Thanks for another case against your religion.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#548087 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's 'cuz you ain't happy at home.
I am.
Yep. Vacation travel is such a pain.

You're so lucky.

You get to stay home and play with your rooster.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#548088 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
o·bi·ter dictum
n. pl. obiter dicta
1. Law An opinion voiced by a judge that has only incidental bearing on the case in question and is therefore not binding. Also called dictum.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obiter+dictu...
[[
"Incidental Bearing". Which means some kind of bearing. So it's not irrelevant to the case, it has some bearing on the case.
Incidental:
Of a minor, casual, or subordinate nature:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/incidental
Therefore his comments does have some bearing on the case.
The only way you could be right is if his comments were some how deemed irrelevant to the case. Clearly there is some relevance.
This is the relevant portion of the ruling.

"But whether atheism is a "religion" for First Amendment purposes is a somewhat different question than whether its adherents believe in a supreme being, or attend regular devotional services, or have a sacred Scripture. The Supreme Court has said that a religion, for purposes of the First Amendment, is distinct from a "way of life," even if that way of life is inspired by philosophical beliefs or other secular concerns.(...) A religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being (or beings, for polytheistic faiths)

(...)

The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a "religion" for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions,(...) The Establishment Clause itself says only that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion," but the Court understands the reference to religion to include what it often calls "nonreligion." In McCreary County, it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause analysis as "the principle that the First Amendment mandates government neutrality between religion and religion, and between religion and nonreligion."

(...)

"At one time it was thought that this right [referring to the right to choose one's own creed] merely proscribed the preference of one Christian sect over another, but would not require equal respect for the conscience of the infidel, the atheist, or the adherent of a non-Christian faith such as Islam or Judaism. But when the underlying principle has been examined in the crucible of litigation, the Court has unambiguously concluded that the individual freedom of conscience protected by the First Amendment embraces the right to select any religious faith or none at all."

http://federal-circuits.vlex.com/vid/james-ka...

The above is clear. The above references and provides for and supports or clarifies other previous rulings.

I've tried explaining it to you, and I see that doesn't work, I cannot understand it, for you.

Read this again.

"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a "religion" for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions"

(...)

"it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause analysis as "the principle that the First Amendment mandates government neutrality between religion and religion, and between religion and nonreligion."

(...)

"But when the underlying principle has been examined in the crucible of litigation, the Court has unambiguously concluded that the individual freedom of conscience protected by the First Amendment embraces the right to select any religious faith or none at all."

http://federal-circuits.vlex.com/vid/james-ka...

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548089 Jun 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? They have much more in common with you. My take is many that claim to be Christian are not, its that simple.....
I don't care what you label yourself.

Your posts demonstrate to me that you don't believe in the teachings of Jesus and that you live a life guided by Satan.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#548090 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>move on?? sure, I can do that. I made my point.
Thanx... but can you forgive ?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#548091 Jun 18, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You made it clear that some other poster wasn't welcome to "chime in" on this *public* forum. You are no less a bully than your buds here.
I did that?

Care to show me?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#548092 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a braggart.
I am egotistical.
I am an academian.
I am a slut.
Isn't that enough ?
.. tell us more about the slut part ..

“Love much, trust none”

There

#548093 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Khatru said something different. Wretched, evil, etc. Stuff that ain't in the bible.
Moving on...
No he didn't.

What deity do you worship that tells you to consantly lie ?

Stan ? Santa? Something like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
__POPE to Lead U.N. 1-World GOVT "Launching" 2 min UMakeWORLDPEACEID... 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 796,679
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min marge 568,578
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 26 min AN NFL FAN 120,765
White girls who live in Texas that wanna sexy a... 27 min bigblack 1
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 33 min menglihua 16
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min Student 39,681
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 267,563
Scientific proof for God's existence 2 hr eyeful 642
More from around the web