“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#547979 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who you are dealing with though
People who took the closest thing they could rhyme with spiritual and named themselves Scaritual, for no other reason except so his name would serve as a beacon for other Internet trolls
Most the atheists that come here and argue beliefs would definitely be considered trolls by every definition of the word except they travel in packs.
There are of course the exceptions like Chess who are intelligent and occasionally will put out a thought-out argument but is here to socialize as much as anything else. But most of them spend their days doing nothing except looking for Christians on the Internet.
They were left talking to themselves on Prove There Is A God and that had to be sooooo boring for them. These guys would kill themselves if they had to spend a week together just themselves talking about anything. The only thing they enjoy and the only thing they are good for is trolling
They WOULD argue anything even things they didn't believe at all IMO. They tell you how much better their lives are without Jesus and then spend their entire day trying to get people to engage them talking about Him! It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic
Lol, true

I visit PTAG often, ever see what topics are discussed there?

Anything that can be argued.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#547980 Jun 18, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Defending it from what?
Attack, slander, libel, decimation, you name it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547981 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? If a Muslim were to tell me that I'm doing it wrong, I'd laugh it off and move on. When atheists tell me I'm believing in something that doesn't exist, I do the same.
And, if someone told me that Santa wasn't bringing me presents this year....
<quoted text>
Godbot
Religitard
Idiot
Ignorant
Liar
Fool
Manipulated
...Just a few examples of 'judgements' atheists being down on theists.
<quoted text>
Because I believe God exists and I defend that belief.
In turn, I don't believe Santa exists and wouldn't waste a second arguing about it.
<quoted text>
I agree with that last statement.
You too have a great day!
This is why I do not frequent Topix as much as I used to.

In the post that I responded to you asked why would atheists argue against something that they don't believe in. I tried to answer that from my perspective. Instead of responding to what I posted you responded with a defensive post.

I never said that it was one-sided...not here in Topixland or in the real world. I just tried to respond to what you posted in your first post. Until we can at least attempt "see" each others view points these debates will continue. Oh well...they have from the beginning of time...why should they stop now?

Since: May 11

UK

#547982 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then an atheist should build a hospital...
maybe when the churches start to pay tax?

how's that?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547983 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but it's a monument to your belief.
A monument to a disbelief is absurd.
Do you have pictures on your wall of your current spouse or your exes?
I do not see it as a "disbelief". IMO "only"...Atheist have a "belief" that no god exists.

Not being Atheist myself...I can only speak to how I understand it.

Many of us "believe" in mankind...some of us have a "belief" not only in a higher power but also in mankind. Based on that "belief" would not it be the same to build that monument?

BTW...I have no current spouse and the only "ex" that I have is deceased. No...there are no pictures on the wall but I do have them...I even have a few of old boyfriends from a long time ago...I think I do.

UK

#547984 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack, slander, libel, decimation, you name it.
I've never taken a case of decimation, do tell.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#547985 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Condoning slavery is not the same thing as mandating it, but condoning it is bad enough, don't you think?
When it comes to slavery, it's what the scriptures don't say that's important here.

We're told in no uncertain terms not to kill or steal but there's no instruction ordering us not to keep people as slaves against their will.

God tells us not to boil a goat in its mothers milk and not to plough a field with an ox and a donkey. In the bible there are instructions for making candles and tents.

The bible god could easily have said something here and slavery would not have been the blight it was. If the god of the bible is truly omniscient, he would have known that millions of Africans would be captured, tortured, castrated and kept as slaves by their christian white masters. If there had been passages in the bible strictly banning slavery then it would not have been anywhere near as bad as it was, But no, the bible god doesn't care. Don't come near god if you have broken testicles (he hates that) but he stays silent on slavery.

God gives instructions on how to acquire slaves and also tells us that a slave is his master's money - in other words nothing more than a financial investment.

There are numerous different occasions where God sells the Israelites into slavery (usually for 40 years).

Jeremiah 15:14 tells us that if God so chooses, he will once again sell people into slavery.

So it's do what God wants (worship him) and be rewarded or disobey him and be sold into slavery. So much for choice and free will, huh? And so similar to obeying God and he sends you to heaven or disobey him and he sends you to hell.

Enslaving people is simply wrong on so many different levels and yet the bible god does nothing to outlaw it, preferring to ban menstruating women instead.

There's nothing good about this.

UK

#547986 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the first time, logic has failed you.
There is a point to defending something you believe in.
There's no point in arguing a non-belief.
....of course there is when some loon tells starts telling you your method and mode of unbelief.

There is no unifying doctrine of unbelief, no scripture to tell me how not to believe in something.

Belief or unbelief is not an act of will, one believes or one doesn't.

For example "You should try to believe" is an idiotic statement.

Nottingham, UK

#547987 Jun 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the system?
All atheism is is the lack of belief in a deity.
In that respect and contrary to religion, atheism doesn't play on fear. Neither does it discourage reason.

Also, unlike the religious, atheists do not believe in the supernatural. In fact, we non-believers prefer to rely on what we know, rather than what we are told we have to believe on pain of eternal pain and suffering.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547988 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
And I told you why that one person would use a proxy.
You offered speculation and conjecture based upon your conspiratorial mindset why you thought a proxy was used.

Something that is utterly ridiculous, since Catcher has no reason to use a proxy to call you for what you are, be it buffoon, dolt, or dunce.

If Catcher desired to name you as such, he would, and it would be using his registered screen name, and I know this from experience by seeing his posts on other threads.

It's a last resort with him, and rarely will he utilize a name such as dolt etc.. for a poster, but make no mistake, he doesn't hide to say anything.
Skombolis wrote:
I also told you the reason I stopped responding to you. Yet you persisted on writing me over and over and over again.
Yeah, your explanations for what you perceive things to be mean little.

I responded because you were saying I made statements I didn't make, and I corrected you, plain and simple.
Skombolis wrote:
Let's see if it happens again this time! My bet is yes!
It certainly will, and I will continue to do so.

I will always point out your misunderstood and misconstrued blunders due to your inability to read something, and then you go off into la la land fantasy stories as to what you think it means.
Skombolis wrote:
I read ahead too. None of your posts address anything in them..as usual.
Of course.

Non response is implicit forfeiture or acceptance of the inability to rebut or respond.

But you go ahead and think what you want. You being wrong and thinking you are right is a hallmark of Skombolis.

Why do you do that?
Skombolis wrote:
The loser runs deep in this one! LOL
I wouldn't call you a loser, buffoon is apt, however.
Skombolis wrote:
Tell ya what, do that social experiment. Wear your "scary" T-shirt.
See, right here, you've decided that you have my screen name figured out, and will blunder around making bigger and bigger claims of "knowledge" on that premise.

I've explained where the SN originates from and its meanings. Here on topix, as far back as far back as 2010. It has nothing to do with your buffoonish rantings and ravings.
Skombolis wrote:
Then get back to me. Perhaps at that point I will respond to you again after this.
You don't have to respond. Not responding is your safest bet. You won't blunder around making wild accusations and erroneous assumptions like you regularly do.

I don't require you to respond back, to make a point.

Do as you wish.
Skombolis wrote:
In the meantime, you are definitely back on the dummy pile!
No one is piling on you, Skombolis, and don't be so hard on yourself.

That's just another of your conspiracy musings.

And, besides, if people were piling on you, it'd be called "The buffoon pile".

You buffoon.

Nottingham, UK

#547989 Jun 18, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
you could always take a picture and send it to me, I can let you know how everything is aligning........
Sounds like a good idea - I'm up for that.

While I'm at it I'll also check if Jupiter aligns with Mars.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547990 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you have to write so much and so long to make you point should be an indicator to you that you fighting a losing battle.
Look how simple I make it...
A Supreme Court Judge rendered a remark pertaining to said case that used the term "Secular Humanism" in a sentence using other examples of Religion. Buddhism, Taoism for example, which are also Atheistic Religions.
Done. If the judge did did not consider Secular Humanism to be religious, he would not have grouped the term 'Secular Humanism' with Buddhism and Taoism:
...Among the religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism, and others..."
~~grin~~~
I think I know why you fighting so hard. Because when you stop and consider what an atheistic religion teach, you can help but see yourself as a azz clown.
But then when you look at what you believe with Atheism in the absence of religion...then it seem to you that you intellectual and brilliant.
The truth, shall set you free. You're part of a Religion.
A footnoted passing remark, otherwise known as "obiter dictum" by a Supreme Court Judge does not factor into the ruling and carries no legal weight.

"An obiter dictum is a remark or observation made by a judge that, although included in the body of the court's opinion, does not form a necessary part of the court's decision. In a court opinion, obiter dicta include, but are not limited to, words "introduced by way of illustration, or analogy or argument."[1] Unlike the rationes decidendi, obiter dicta are not the subject of the judicial decision, even if they happen to be correct statements of law. Under the doctrine of stare decisis, statements constituting obiter dicta are therefore not binding" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiter_dictum

Nottingham, UK

#547991 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
An outsider might be surprised how much Jews, Muslims and Christians hate each other over the questionable and unprovable status of a long dead Jewish peasant.
You're right.

I don't belong to any of those religions so I guess that makes me an outsider.

It's scary to see how the brainwashed sheepies are prepared to kill others over ancient superstition and myth.
Beela Beely

Lansdowne, PA

#547992 Jun 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
And when he is come,He will reprove the world of sin and of righteousness and of judgment.
John 16:8
It's funny how this comforter is responsible for all the heinous crimes done in the name of jesus.
Beela Beely

Lansdowne, PA

#547993 Jun 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.2 Peter 1:21
We all sure know that's a blatant lie.

UK

#547994 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh....
You're incorrect so often and yet you still feel nauseous?

UK

#547995 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't understand the English language.
I'm not here until the wee hours of the morning trying to get laid, like you are. I actually have a life.
again...your not inconsequential post score would tend to indicate the contrary.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#547996 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to slavery, it's what the scriptures don't say that's important here.
We're told in no uncertain terms not to kill or steal but there's no instruction ordering us not to keep people as slaves against their will.
God tells us not to boil a goat in its mothers milk and not to plough a field with an ox and a donkey. In the bible there are instructions for making candles and tents.
The bible god could easily have said something here and slavery would not have been the blight it was. If the god of the bible is truly omniscient, he would have known that millions of Africans would be captured, tortured, castrated and kept as slaves by their christian white masters. If there had been passages in the bible strictly banning slavery then it would not have been anywhere near as bad as it was, But no, the bible god doesn't care. Don't come near god if you have broken testicles (he hates that) but he stays silent on slavery.
God gives instructions on how to acquire slaves and also tells us that a slave is his master's money - in other words nothing more than a financial investment.
There are numerous different occasions where God sells the Israelites into slavery (usually for 40 years).
Jeremiah 15:14 tells us that if God so chooses, he will once again sell people into slavery.
So it's do what God wants (worship him) and be rewarded or disobey him and be sold into slavery. So much for choice and free will, huh? And so similar to obeying God and he sends you to heaven or disobey him and he sends you to hell.
Enslaving people is simply wrong on so many different levels and yet the bible god does nothing to outlaw it, preferring to ban menstruating women instead.
There's nothing good about this.
This is exactly what I tell Christians. God found time to condemn shellfish as an abomination, but made no mention of slavery also being an abomination. Hell, Jesus supposedly healed a slave! That would have been a great opportunity to condemn the practice...you'd think. But apparently even Jesus thought slavery was fine.

Nottingham, UK

#547997 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
During the crusades, the Muslims would treat Christian POW's wounds while the Christians simply let their POW's die.
One chronicler noted an incident where a prisoner exchange took place and the first thing the Christians did to their own people was tear out the "Satanic" stitches from their wounds. The men of course die, it was "OK" because it was better to die and go to heaven than be cured by the devil.
I often think that given their propensity to die, Muslims have stronger faith than Christians.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#547998 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I often think that given their propensity to die, Muslims have stronger faith than Christians.
Unfortunately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Zahid 777,563
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 15 min Doctor REALITY 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min June VanDerMark 560,241
Darüssafaka SIEMENS Derbent Maslak 299 I5 34 ... 20 min saymener 1
( Siemens ) Siemens Ev Aletleri ( 299 I5 34 )... 21 min saymener 1
YENİKÖY SERVIS ) Siemens Servisi 299 I5 34... 24 min saymener 1
Ladies: What is the perfect penis size for you? (Jan '11) 26 min Cool aha 90
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web