"Leave YHWY alone! Go pick on some deity your own size!"

ROFLMAO

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#548050 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? If a Muslim were to tell me that I'm doing it wrong, I'd laugh it off and move on. When atheists tell me I'm believing in something that doesn't exist, I do the same.....
That is alie well documented on this thread.

I find it amazing how much (alleged) Christians constantly lie on this thread.

Who is it that they claim is the Father of Lies ?

That must be the deity they really worship.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548051 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So the difference between Sikhs and Hindus is not religious. It boils down to a willingness to fight?
U kinda hit the nail on the head, but not exactly!

The Hindus that converted into Sikhs were mainly from the warrior tribes. The Gurus themselves were from the Khatri caste (the warrior clan). The Brahmins mainly stayed Hindus, they didn't fight, coz they never had it in them, they r just brains and not muscle.

U are not understand, it's about philosophy! I don't blame u the Hindu religion is at least 5,000 year old, new evidence is revealing that it's probably much older. We got a lot to cover, lol!:-)

Just remember that the core belief of ALL the Indian religions is the same! It never came to destroy the previous religions!!!

In our scripture it tells us to follow in the footsteps of saints that came on this earth thousands of years ago. They were Hindus, but still my religious scripture is saying they were they "purest of the pure".

Our eastern religions are not fighting with each other, the stupid people are. Brothers and sisters fight all the time. The whole world is just 1 big crazy family who loves to fight!!

And also, Buddha was NOT an atheist!!!

Also, don't forget that Muslim saints also wrote the Sikh scriptures, so we love Muslims too!!

lol, it's complicated!!!:-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548052 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A footnoted passing remark, otherwise known as "obiter dictum" by a Supreme Court Judge does not factor into the ruling and carries no legal weight.
"An obiter dictum is a remark or observation made by a judge that, although included in the body of the court's opinion, does not form a necessary part of the court's decision. In a court opinion, obiter dicta include, but are not limited to, words "introduced by way of illustration, or analogy or argument."[1] Unlike the rationes decidendi, obiter dicta are not the subject of the judicial decision, even if they happen to be correct statements of law. Under the doctrine of stare decisis, statements constituting obiter dicta are therefore not binding" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiter_dictum
o·bi·ter dictum
n. pl. obiter dicta
1. Law An opinion voiced by a judge that has only incidental bearing on the case in question and is therefore not binding. Also called dictum.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/obiter+dictu...
[[
"Incidental Bearing". Which means some kind of bearing. So it's not irrelevant to the case, it has some bearing on the case.

Incidental:
Of a minor, casual, or subordinate nature:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/incidental

Therefore his comments does have some bearing on the case.

The only way you could be right is if his comments were some how deemed irrelevant to the case. Clearly there is some relevance.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#548053 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists Want Hospitals — Not Churches
"The concept of the church’s care of ‘the poor’ was basic to the founding of the earliest hospitals. The hospital was, in origin and conception, a distinctively Christian institution, rooted in Christian concepts of charity and philanthropy."
It remains for atheists to present a comparable atheist version of the history of atheist hospitals.
http://godfatherpolitics.com/11326/atheists-w...
---
So, no. An 'unaffiliated' hospital ain't gonna cut it.
An atheist hospital.
Go.
Uh, well, first of all, the earliest hospitals that we have records for were from the ancient Egyptians...which predated the Hebrews, nevermind the Christians. So your whole premise is false.

See? That's what happens when your only information comes from biased sources: confirmation bias.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548054 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then an atheist should build a hospital...
You mean like Childrens Hospital in Philly ?

Founded by Ben Franklin, a Deist.

Every time you post you reveal that that you are even more stupid than the last time.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#548055 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Find one Christian that'll tell you God is an invisible man.
Until then, it's an atheist belief because atheists believe that.
I'm sorry RR, but is this how you think logic operates?

"If no Christian says that God is an invisible man, then atheists believe in an invisible man."

Well, unless you find a Christian who says that Muhammad is the true profit of God, then you are a rutabaga.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#548056 Jun 18, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not deflecting or attempting to censor anybody.
I gave you a welcome!
You made it clear that some other poster wasn't welcome to "chime in" on this *public* forum. You are no less a bully than your buds here.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548057 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No? What does this mean to you?
""We have already indicated that atheism may be considered, in this specialized sense, a religion."
It is called a Legal Fiction.

By your adled mind's reasoning corporations are human beings.

We can only assume that all your beliefs are built on the inability to discern fact from fiction.

Talk to your doctor about Haldol.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548058 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Attack, slander, libel, decimation, you name it.
ROFLMAO

You are the one making a mockery of your religion.

You virtually piss on Jesus and shit on the Bible with almost every post you make.

Location hidden

#548059 Jun 18, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ChQiotW1gSIXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
If only...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548060 Jun 18, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
...I have no current spouse and the only "ex" that I have is deceased. No...there are no pictures on the wall but I do have them...I even have a few of old boyfriends from a long time ago...I think I do.
Aaaawwweee, that is so sweet.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#548061 Jun 18, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U kinda hit the nail on the head, but not exactly!
The Hindus that converted into Sikhs were mainly from the warrior tribes. The Gurus themselves were from the Khatri caste (the warrior clan). The Brahmins mainly stayed Hindus, they didn't fight, coz they never had it in them, they r just brains and not muscle.
U are not understand, it's about philosophy! I don't blame u the Hindu religion is at least 5,000 year old, new evidence is revealing that it's probably much older. We got a lot to cover, lol!:-)
Just remember that the core belief of ALL the Indian religions is the same! It never came to destroy the previous religions!!!
In our scripture it tells us to follow in the footsteps of saints that came on this earth thousands of years ago. They were Hindus, but still my religious scripture is saying they were they "purest of the pure".
Our eastern religions are not fighting with each other, the stupid people are. Brothers and sisters fight all the time. The whole world is just 1 big crazy family who loves to fight!!
And also, Buddha was NOT an atheist!!!
Also, don't forget that Muslim saints also wrote the Sikh scriptures, so we love Muslims too!!
lol, it's complicated!!!:-)
Oy lady!, where you getting your information from?

I am familiar with Buddhism and Buddha was indeed an atheist. Or to be more precise Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism was an atheist:

http://philosopedia.org/index.php/Gautama
“[Gautama] is chiefly interesting to us,” wrote Joseph McCabe,“from the fact that, though the religion which now goes by the name of Buddhism is a crass and to a great extent corrupt mass of superstitions, he was an atheist. It is admitted that he was educated in the Sankhya philosophy, which was atheistic. Brahmanism had become so abstract a religion, while the mass of the people clung to the grossest myths, that there was a wide spread of atheism at that time. Gautama decided to devote his life to a purely humanist and very simple preaching of ideals of conduct among the people.” McCabe cites Prof. T. Rhys Davids of Cornell as saying that Gautama “denied the existence of any soul”(cosmic or human). The Encyclopaedia of Religion, however, entrusts its article on Buddha to one of the clerical writers who held that Buddha must have believed in God.“These sophists,” argues McCabe,“first argue that atheism is inconsistent with high ideals and then that any man whose ideals they cannot deny must have been a theist. The real authorities agree that Buddha was an atheist.”
[[

We discussing religions and philosophies on the billboard, so if you going to talk about the traditions of religions, get it right.

Location hidden

#548062 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>IMO there are a few ways to look at this. Many of the ex-Christians on Topic must not have known what they try to use to stump Christians while they were still in the faith or by their own reasoning they would not have stayed. And it's not like they learned everything in a day and then quit the faith. Many have spent untold hours trying to research it and find Internet arguments against it and so forth be Aussie now they are out of the faith and want to try to make it look bad. They call people stupid for believing just what they used to believe. We're they idiots when in the faith? I personally think they do what they do in part because it makes them feel better for leaving. And then some is just the Topic tit for tat
But you do bring up an interesting point. Consider if there was just one Bible in existence. People would do just about anything to get their hands on the words of God. So I do think we as Christians get a little lazy or spoiled with it being so accessible and are content to be taught instead of learning. We should as a whole pit more time into learning our faith and testing what we have been taught
Although another way to look at it can be necessity. Things are simplified where all one really needs to know are the two greatest commandments; love God and love your neighbor as thyself. The rest while good to know doesn't change that it really books down to that. And the Bible is a very long, tough read. Especially if one wants to know the original translations. Sometimes living the faith is more important than learning it
Just different ways to look at it I suppose
(T) Peace
I understand what u r saying and i don't blame u people in the west. The East has been corrupted so why wouldn't the west be?

I come from a family where religious knowledge is passed down from generation to generation. We r educated in understanding our scriptures coz of nurture and maybe even nature. I can read and understand my religious book in it's original form, so obviously i have a better understanding than u could ever have. That is not to say that i'm a better person and u are bad, it just means that in this topic i'm better educated than u.

The people who r controlling the religions are sooooooooo educated in understanding their religious texts that is why they r the controllers! Whether they decide to follow those teachings is another matter.

Yh, but what if u don't understand what God is? How could u possible love something u don't understand. How can u love Jesus if u know nothing about him? This is what people r doing, they don't get Jesus, they don't understand the deeper meaning of religious texts they are like sheep. If 1 jumps, they all do.

U don't have to sit there reading page after page, day and night. Just don't contradict yourself when reading scripture. If u read something and u think that it contradicts something u read earlier, research that within the Bible, look within NOT to an another source. If the Bible is truly the word of God then it can't be wrong and all the answers must be within! SO LOOK WITHIN!!! "Seek and u shall find"! I'm sure that's a quote from the bible?

The Hindu scripture is the largest on the planet, people have that memorized! LOL! Don't do that, i'm just sayin'!:-)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#548063 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sis doesn't believe in God, but does she have posters or statues or anything depicting her non-belief?
Oh, btw. You can go to a bar and not drink any alcohol. Maybe you shudda went....
Nope. They know its a sore spot with me. Just a year and a half ago my wife's brother drank himself to death. Don't know about any statues but she does have quite a few bottles of booze around the house.

Location hidden

#548064 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That atheist courthouse bench in Florida has ensctipted on it that an atheist should build a hospital instead of a church.
How bout that? So do it, atheist.
Too late!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/for-gods-...

There are atheist groups in America who are seeking tax-exempt status to spread their "beliefs" too, IOWs, more sales tax for Bob to pay on those atheist t-shirts and other baubles he pushes.

Location hidden

#548065 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Clementia...had some autocorrect errors. Should say because not "be Aussie". Another should say boils down to that not "books" Another should say were they idiots when still in the faith not we're. There may be more but I think those were the obvious ones
I forgive u, this time!:-)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548066 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I often think that given their propensity to die, Muslims have stronger faith than Christians.
It is a shame that there isn't a religion based on love, respect and common decency for all mankind that the ignorant masses could believe in.

The only deity I can see evidence of is the one they call Satan.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#548067 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah--that you writer. You abuse that woman and her child on this billboard.....
You can't stop lying, can you ?

"Lies are prayers to Satan."

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#548068 Jun 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Clementia...had some autocorrect errors. Should say because not "be Aussie". Another should say boils down to that not "books" Another should say were they idiots when still in the faith not we're. There may be more but I think those were the obvious ones
What does 'be - or not be - Aussie' mean ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web