|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, not my opinion.
Professor Norman Doe director of the Centre for Law and Religion my dissertation supervisor when I was studying for an LL.M in canon law.
Him global legal authority.
you jobless kitchen salesman.
This is cool. It's actually pretty f*cking awesome.

So somebody poor atheists are going to bitch and whine that quote the religious people get to have their gatherings, so should we".

And when the Supreme Court agrees with that says "yes you can", now the atheists are happy.

Then when somebody exposes it, points out that the atheists want to consider atheism a religion so they can have the same rights, all the other atheists get pissed.

LMMFAO!!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
And the Lord call unto Adam and said unto him where art thou.Genesis 3:9
Playing peek-a-boo. How cute.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know WHAT they are doing, it makes no sense WHY they're doing it.
Personally, I don't believe in Santa Claus. I'm sure you agree with me on that, as I'm sure pretty much all adults will agree on that. So how come there are people out there spending all her time, all their free time anyway, trying to prove that Santa Claus isn't real?
Why? Because they already know that Santa Claus isn't real so they won't bother wasting anytime even debating it with somebody. If all you so called atheists really didn't believe in God and didn't believe what the Bible had to say, you wouldn't waste one minute of your time debating it.
But you do debate it, all day every day.
Imagine that.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If all you so called atheists really didn't believe in God and didn't believe what the Bible had to say, you wouldn't waste one minute of your time debating it.
Imagine that.
If all you so called christians really did believe in God and did believe what the Bible had to say, you wouldn't waste one minute of your time debating it.
Imagine that.

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.2 Peter 1:21
Sooooo. The Holy Ghost was around long before Jesus.

That invalidates a whole lot of Christian doctrines.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave unto Him to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass and He sent and signified it by his angel unto His servant John.Revelation 1:1
Jesus had a screwed up idea of "shortly come to pass". We've been waiting 2000 years.

Maybe it is Revelation that is wrong and not Jesus.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please.
You can do better.
Sure I can but you aren't worth the effort.

I don't try to teach pigs to sing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you;searching what or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signigy when it testified beforehand the suffering of Christ and the glory that should follow.1 Peter 1:10&11
Tuesday or Green. It depends on which side of the coin one wakes up in.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed;then he wrote the dream and told the sum of the matters.Daniel 7:1
I had a dream!

I dreamed I saw seven cows climb seven hills,

And when they reached the top they said,

'Say it now! Say it loud! I'm a cow and I'm proud!'

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t. If atheists think that all the stories in the Bible are pure fabrications, then why do they waste their time even talking about?!....
For the same reason they would talk about 2 billion people who want to destroy modern civilization because they believe the Flintstones cartoons were made by God.

I just like to watch you make asses of yourselves. It makes me feel good about myself.
Mark

Ammerzoden, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That is good if you can. I need internet because I have nothing... but when I am looking for one of my favourite songs this blind lady - Fanny Crosby - was writing it also!
Tell me the story of Jesus,
Write on my heart every word.
Tell me the story most precious,
Sweetest that ever was heard.
Fanny Cros≠by
ďI will bring the blind by a way that they knew notÖI will make darkness light before them.Ē Isaiah 42:16
I am focused... you don't worry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soulís Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.
Riches I heed not, nor manís empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heavenís joys, O bright Heavenís Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Be thou my Vision
DallŠn Forgaill - 6th century Translated English, 1905
And it has to be crummy old English to hide how unelevated the ideas are.

It is simply a ode to slavery. The more they herald their God, the punier man becomes. they do not call themselves "servants" for nothing

But this guy rules nothing, if he did, he did not need humans to convert people. He is completely powerless. He is simply a fantasy created by scholars.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullsh*t.
You called Christians that, Christians didn't call themselves that.
Why do lie so much ?

Christians say that crap about themselves and others all the time.

It is a basic tenet of Christianity that all humans are so disgustingly evil that they deserve to be tortured for eternity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's your opinion.
But we weren't talking about your opinion, we were talking about the opinion of the Supreme Court.
Which you have yet to post.

Don't bother though, you wouldn't understand it.

According to you IBM is a human being.

You can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality so there is no way you can grasp what a "legal fiction" is.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't be necessary. He is already leading a very tiny life.
It's as tiny as his snickers and grins when he is frustrated and angry. It's as tiny as thinking that his country's courts decide what religion is for the world. It's as tiny as letting that court decide what religion is for him.
It's so tiny that he worships a monster. It's as tiny as the comment, "There are only two choices. Yeshua or Satan." His life is already so tiny that it is lived in hope of a promise that won't be kept, and in fear of a threat that can't be delivered.
Isn't that curse enough?
Yeah. I guess your right.
He lives an Hell all his own making.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know WHAT they are doing, it makes no sense WHY they're doing it.
Personally, I don't believe in Santa Claus. I'm sure you agree with me on that, as I'm sure pretty much all adults will agree on that. So how come there are people out there spending all her time, all their free time anyway, trying to prove that Santa Claus isn't real?
Why? Because they already know that Santa Claus isn't real so they won't bother wasting anytime even debating it with somebody. If all you so called atheists really didn't believe in God and didn't believe what the Bible had to say, you wouldn't waste one minute of your time debating it.
Imagine that.
RR for a split second I understood your logic...after that...the different side came in.

So here is how I see it...for me at least.

It is not if someone believes in God that is my concern...it is how that belief is used in society...how it affects others.

No one that believes in Santa has condemned my fate to eternal fire.

They have not called me wicked, abominal, evil, dog vomit, worthless, lacking in true love, compassion and kindness.

Those that believe in Santa have not judged me as a human being based on what I believe or don't believe.

You say it makes not sense why atheist are here...turn the question around...why are you on threads that challenge you to prove there is a god. If you are so sure...why bother discussing it.

Actually this goes far beyond whether one believes a god exists...

I believe there is a higher power...some outside source. Yet because I see that higher power differently...according to some...I am no better than an atheist and some will tell you worse than one.

As individuals our beliefs hold very little power...collectively those beliefs have the power to mold our society. IMO we ALL should have a voice in how the beliefs of others affect our lives.

Whether God exists or not is not the issue...it is how that belief affects the lives of those that believe differently.

Other than that...

Have a great day RR!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a dream!
I dreamed I saw seven cows climb seven hills,
And when they reached the top they said,
'Say it now! Say it loud! I'm a cow and I'm proud!'
...and we can jump over the moon!

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For whatever purposes, United States Supreme Court ruled that a person can celebrate atheism, and worship atheism, and talk about atheism, have atheism groups, have atheism gatherings, JUST like a religion.
Go figure.
'just LIKE a religion'

now you're getting it.
Mark

Ammerzoden, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
sweety
Blessed are they who love Him without of doubts,and they who leep His Word;
they shall enter into the city to dwell in the house of Lord;
And oh, the joy of knowing,as the Lord'redeemed can know
While often sad and lonely,through the earthly life they go
there shall br no more sickness;there shall be no more pain;
There shall be no more parting,loved from the loved again;
THRE SHALL BE NO MORE WEEPING,KNEELING BESIDE EARTH'S BIERS;
THERE SHALL BE NO MORE DYING,THROUGH THE ETERNAL NOT PASS AWAY YEARS
But is there life's pleasure? Are there beautiful sunsets? Are there fine women? Can we enjoy the spectacular experiences nature offer us? No all we get is, is words, make-belief. We have to trade in real experiences for phony ones that come out of the minds of fantasizers.

The only thing these monotheistic religions ever did is fuck up the experience here, where it matters. Why? Because these people are mostly misanthropes who through selfish behaviour lost the ability to enjoy this world. Now they are looking for an escape.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is cool. It's actually pretty f*cking awesome.
So somebody poor atheists are going to bitch and whine that quote the religious people get to have their gatherings, so should we".
And when the Supreme Court agrees with that says "yes you can", now the atheists are happy.
Then when somebody exposes it, points out that the atheists want to consider atheism a religion so they can have the same rights, all the other atheists get pissed.
LMMFAO!!
If you feel that you need to interpret it that way to soothe your addled brain then feel free.

It's not like you're ever going to need to pass a course in statutory and Judicial interpretation now is it.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Chinese rather prefer one party system with serves the national interest.
Oh please. They don't serve the national interest, because they aren't accountable to the populace. Their raison d'Ítre is to keep themselves in power. Period. It's an oligarchy.
This way rivalry is internalized, but after some time it creates stable division of wealth and power. It promotes harmony. This system has worked for thousands of years.
Harmony? Stable division of wealth? In China? Yeah, not so much. Ask a starving farmer in the provinces who's kids have all fled to the nearest large city to try and get factory job how harmonious and equitable their society is. Not to mention the corruption and wealth of the ruling classes.
The Chinese have always regarded the Europeans as predators, and so right they are.
They are right. And in that regard they are no different. Just ask the Tibetans. Or the Taiwanese.
we are predators in a predator society. In a predator society competition is normal and seen as beneficial. Warrior societies believe that war makes people stronger, peace makes you weak. So we fight over everything possession, religion, power. Even games and sports become serious competition. We think this normal because we do not know better.
IMHO I'm afraid it's just human nature. All of written history supports this. If we could ever get beyond that, it would be great. But meanwhile, that's how we all are to whatever degree.
I am still amazed when I see how bloody our computer games are. Why youngsters are still so in love with slashing. Or as a Japanese games developer said: the only games you can sell to the west are those in which people can kill aliens.
More specifically, it's mostly males who are interested in those games. We live in a patriarchal society, and males tend to be more aggressive and competitive.
But the good news is, we are definitely getting less aggressive. And now we can vent our aggression virtually on the internet.
I don't think we are getting less aggressive so much as our aggressiveness has necessarily been forced underground, because we are all tied together by economics and our ability to self-destruct if a local war got out-of-hand. Someone once said, I don't know how WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Sad, isn't it?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear about the lady who was attacked by 3 men outside a gay bar? Two of them held her down, while the third did her hair.
Well thank God SOMEONE did something about that awful perm!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

584 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Blue Walker 115,639
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min feces for jesus 722,228
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 256,983
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 533,616
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min drDouchebag 38,485
GMO foods and you! 17 min Hidingfromyou 4
Producer Chris Diodati Planning More Remixes of... (Jan '14) 17 min jenstannick 2
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 55 min rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••