Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#548023 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking ?
Of course.
The truth often is.
I didn't write the Bible, I just know what it says.
The Bible did not call JESUS what you did ~ still don't know what your point was but will leave it with you..... shocking as it is.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#548024 Jun 18, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear Father in Heaven, Please work in me today to ripen the fruit of the Spirit. Help me to bear this fruit in my life...to show and share love, joy, and peace; to be long-suffering, gentle, and good; to have strong faith; to be meek and temperate, slow to speak and quick to listen. I want to walk in the Spirit so that my life will be pleasing to you and a light in the darkness, that the world may know that you are God. With praise and thanksgiving, in the name of Jesus. Amen
Prime time with God
Amen

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#548025 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the first time, logic has failed you.
There is a point to defending something you believe in.
There's no point in arguing a non-belief.
Indeed. So a few days ago I was in my sisters house. She and her husband make it very clear they don't believe in God. As a person that does I do the same thing as I do on topix, stand up for Christ. Its why I see my sister perhaps once a year. This visit was because of a death in the family. They did invite me to a bar which is silly since I quite drinking in 2004. Good point.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#548026 Jun 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Can the invisible man not defend himself?
Strange huh
Only atheists believe in an invisible man.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#548027 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity would have more credibility IMHO if the sane and decent Christians would virtualy bitchslap their psycho bretheren.
I find it sad that most of those who aren't sociopaths are afraid to confront their own maddogs.
Why? They have much more in common with you. My take is many that claim to be Christian are not, its that simple. The word of God states that many will be shocked that the Lord says I never knew you. Christianity has 100% credibility to everyone that has met with Christ. Nothing you or anyone else that is full of hate will change that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548028 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind."
Isaiah 64:6
Everything the bible god does is praiseworthy. while mankind is morally corrupt, ignorant and deserving of burning for all eternity.
We've had centuries of being belittled by Christianity, centuries of Christians claiming their false moral superiority.
If you can't see that then clearly you have a problem.
Khatru said something different. Wretched, evil, etc. Stuff that ain't in the bible.

Moving on...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#548029 Jun 18, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. All of the little details I don't remember as well as you. In fact when the name first came back up I didn't remember it. Then as the story unfolded. I did remember. I remember that very quickly I, as did many of us others, even those of us who were generally on opposing sides, found the whole thing to be unbelievable. I personally found the same information, using only her/him/it's posts. And with very little effort found that the tactic used here was common for them. The same tactic was used on other sites. Most all of those of who were regulars at the time, saw through it. If I remember correctly there was a few that tended to defend her. But, I think their own personal life experiences leaned them in that direction. Anything that G posted, was given to him by the bunny poster themselves.
Yeah I remember you specifically saying at the time that it wasn't adding up. I certainly understand why people who have dealt with such things in any form would be emotionally vested in the subject and empathize with that. However it seemed to me like that situation was for show as why tell someone what keywords to use when looking it up on Google then complain when they post the link? Have a good one

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#548030 Jun 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
flush you stupid gay child of belzebub,
write report to ban me,for encouraging you to eat sperm,insted inject to your stinking body flesh through your a.....
or ask head d....Ians,or "lawyer"Catcher "maybe they defend you and you will share with them glass of full man sperm on brealfast
pfuj abominable and earthly wicked dung of devil seed?
More ranting about sperm eating. What is your fixation on that about?

San Francisco

#548031 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
*facepalm*
Really?!
How would the church paying tax have to do with you atheists actually building a hospital instead of talking about it?
Do you count hospitals that were not built as part of religious organizations as atheist? Or do you insist that a hospital be built in the name of religious skepticism specifically?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#548032 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly my belief that "God" is not a deity. Christians can't grasp that. They think "God" is a deity (a bearded dude sitting on a throne of golden clouds (or some similar nonsense)).
Yeah, that's our original true belief that is written in the scriptures.

Exactly, it's not just the Christians it's the Hindus/Sikhs too. But there is nothing we can do, the Hindu religion has been telling us for thousands of years that people r not going to listen to u, they want to worship idols and dance around the fire and make sacrifices. As long as they do not hurt anybody else they are allowed to follow their belief, we can't stop them.

This is why the caste system was created. It was not bad, it did not have bad intentions, clever people in India realized that the population is stupid and clever people must take control before the stupid kill themselves and us and destroy the planet. But then the caste system got corrupted too. The clever people turned evil and started killing everyone else. Charming, everything in this world gets corrupted!

San Francisco

#548033 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only atheists believe in an invisible man.
Bzzzzt! Wrong answer.

Location hidden

#548034 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Christians hate the people who wrote their religious texts ?
Seems the fruits of your beliefs are far better.
I just find it unbelievable that people say they believe something but they don't actually know or understand what they believe. They are all fake!

Location hidden

#548035 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, true
I visit PTAG often, ever see what topics are discussed there?
Anything that can be argued.
Thats why I left there. For me to leave a place because it is nothing but arguing says something! LOL And it was the stuff being argued like you said, anything and everything so long as someone could draw a line in the sand.

There are a lot of unbelievers I like. In fact I don't even think about them as unbelievers as unless someone makes an issue out of belief, it really makes no difference to me what they believe. This need some have to demonized the other side based on belief is just silly to me

Do you know how many times in real life I have been in an argument over beliefs? Zero. It just doesn't come up much in day-to-day life.its not like I go to the grocery store and someone asks if I'm a Christian and then just starts in. And like a lot have admitted, they probably would not challenge people in real life.

I can see if someone is gay and in a state where they are fighting for gay marriage maybe it having an effect. But most people for all their complaints of Christians trying to force their beliefs on others can't give a single example how Christianity impacts their daily life. If they want nothing to do with it then that's easily accomplished. And most seek Christians out online. It just is for lack of anything better to do IMO.

When arguments come up I can argue with the best of them. But I don't seek out conflicts over belief especially. Although like you also said, standing up for what you believe makes sense. Seeking out people who believe differently just so someone can argue with them is just stupid to me

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548036 Jun 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. So a few days ago I was in my sisters house. She and her husband make it very clear they don't believe in God. As a person that does I do the same thing as I do on topix, stand up for Christ. Its why I see my sister perhaps once a year. This visit was because of a death in the family. They did invite me to a bar which is silly since I quite drinking in 2004. Good point.
Your sis doesn't believe in God, but does she have posters or statues or anything depicting her non-belief?

Oh, btw. You can go to a bar and not drink any alcohol. Maybe you shudda went....

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#548037 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
At night? Never. I have a life. Catcher's here sometimes til after 2AM.
Imagine that.
The only times I have EVER posted at that sort of hour, are when I am on vacation in Europe, or China, or some other far-off time zone. I post during normal hours where I am, but a Redneck doesn't understand that.

Imagine that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548038 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you count hospitals that were not built as part of religious organizations as atheist? Or do you insist that a hospital be built in the name of religious skepticism specifically?
That atheist courthouse bench in Florida has ensctipted on it that an atheist should build a hospital instead of a church.

How bout that? So do it, atheist.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#548039 Jun 18, 2013
Oh, and I often vacation in far-off places.
It's part of the life I don't have, while you revel in the Inland Empire, RR.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#548040 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Bzzzzt! Wrong answer.
Ask any atheist what God is, they'll say he's the "invisible skydaddy".

That's an atheist belief, not Christian.

Location hidden

#548041 Jun 18, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I just find it unbelievable that people say they believe something but they don't actually know or understand what they believe. They are all fake!
IMO there are a few ways to look at this. Many of the ex-Christians on Topic must not have known what they try to use to stump Christians while they were still in the faith or by their own reasoning they would not have stayed. And it's not like they learned everything in a day and then quit the faith. Many have spent untold hours trying to research it and find Internet arguments against it and so forth be Aussie now they are out of the faith and want to try to make it look bad. They call people stupid for believing just what they used to believe. We're they idiots when in the faith? I personally think they do what they do in part because it makes them feel better for leaving. And then some is just the Topic tit for tat

But you do bring up an interesting point. Consider if there was just one Bible in existence. People would do just about anything to get their hands on the words of God. So I do think we as Christians get a little lazy or spoiled with it being so accessible and are content to be taught instead of learning. We should as a whole pit more time into learning our faith and testing what we have been taught

Although another way to look at it can be necessity. Things are simplified where all one really needs to know are the two greatest commandments; love God and love your neighbor as thyself. The rest while good to know doesn't change that it really books down to that. And the Bible is a very long, tough read. Especially if one wants to know the original translations. Sometimes living the faith is more important than learning it

Just different ways to look at it I suppose

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#548042 Jun 18, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, thanks for that, it did help.
Now I know that you're a Sanatan Sikh and they are the true Sikhs, while other Sikhs aren't so true.
It's a good argument.
I'm amazed that I never hear any of the thousands of Christian denominations claiming that they are the true faith and the others aren't true.
It's the truth ans u know it!:-p

People say they are Christians but they don't even know what's written in the Bible. They r fakers!

The koran clearly allows slapping your woman around but yet women keep converting to Islam. Either they r stupid or they r fakers and they don't actually understand their religious text, actually either way, they are still fakers!!

It's like saying, "i'm a Nazi but i don't believe in Hitler". That's just so stupid!! U r a Nazi coz of Hitler. He created Nazism!! U can't be a Nazi if u don't believe in what Hitler believed in.

U can't be a real Hindu or Sikh or Christian or Muslim etc... if u do not believe and follow the true teachings. U can keep telling yourself that u r a Nazi or a Hindu, but the truth is that u ain't, my friend!

The scriptures clearly state this and they teach us to beware of the fakers! "They chant the name of ram with their tongues, but they carry a hidden dagger under their arm" - Sikh scripture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Bongo 122,782
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min old_moose 6,634
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 36 min bad bob 184,861
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 49 min kent 681,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,430
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... (Jun '16) 2 hr Christ sans politics 101
Guilty of a DUI or DWI? Important IDRC Info (Jan '12) 2 hr Durka 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr New Age Spiritual... 982,158
More from around the web