Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#547905 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
YHWY only mandated slavery for captives during the lulls in his mandated complete genocides.
Yes, Bible God mandated slavery.
There were a few instances where God commanded his favorite tribe to attack and enslave their neighbors, come to think of it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547906 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS the system.
Y'all atheists here practice your religion everyday.
Atheists even feel the need for public displays of their beliefs:
"The first U.S. public monument to Atheism is set to be unveiled outside a Florida courthouse later this month."
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/04/americas-...
A 'disbelief' in something doesn't require a monument....
Does a "belief" in something require a monument in order to have that belief?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#547907 Jun 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already brought forth the evidence from last years posts by Jodi (AKA SnowBunny) that proves you are a liar and scumbag POS.
I hope you have a long, miserable and painful life. You deserve it.
Go get Bunny abuser, if she agree with your evidence, then you can state you claim.

But as long as Bunny not here to defend her and her child, you still a woman and child abuser and you ramp it up to a sniffling coward as well bashing the woman and she not here to defend herself.

At least all see what an evil lowdown dirt your religion Atheism made you into. No god or gods will claim you, the best you can do is call yourself god..lol!.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547908 Jun 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin agrees:
Carlin is the same as you, Irrelevant.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#547909 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read just the headline, I read and reported what the Supreme Court said.
"We have already indicated that atheism may be considered, in this specialized sense, a religion. See Reed v. Great Lakes Cos., 330 F.3d 931, 934 (7th Cir. 2003)('If we think of religion as taking a position on divinity, then atheism is indeed a form of religion.')"
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a 'religion' for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions"
http://www.atheist-community.org/library/arti...
You should go water skiing on lake Tough Titicacs.
Some quotes from the 'monument':

Some quotes from the Florida monument:

“An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that a deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty banished, war eliminated.”— Madalyn Murray O’Hair

“It will never be pretended that any person employed in that service [writing the Constitution], had interviews with the gods, or were in any degree under the inspiration of Heaven.”– John Adams

“Where a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its professors are obliged to call for help of the civil power,‘tis a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.”– Benjamin Franklin

...very scriptural.LOL

San Francisco

#547910 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, we know how human sexuality works, it is just that gays and the APA have not found a counter argument against it.
No, science does not have a full grasp of how human sexuality works. As your religious mythology, it is stuck in the Iron ages. It doesn't even know about crop rotation or bacteriology.
Straight people do not need to choose to be straight, 99% people being straight, normal people having two arms, two legs, two eyes, two ears, one nose, one mouth would place all these in the category of norm and not having to choose to be this way.
Oh, well I guess if 1% of the population are born with a special ability to choose their sexuality, and they choose to be gay, then being gay must be superior.

Great argument. Lol!
Exactly how do gays and lesbians have sex? I mean most mammals have sex in a heterosexual manner, but how does this equate to human homosexuality and other mammal sexual behaviors?
But you just said that you knew all about human sexuality. Yet you don't even know the basic mechanics?

Hmmmm. Does Jesus approve of lying?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547911 Jun 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
This may be why you have been called a "buffoon" so many times by so many posters. Your claim was that SCOTUS determined what was true.
Perhaps "tomfool" would be more to your liking than "buffoon."
??? but wait..

You really think I care that a bunch of azz clowns from a atheistic religion thinks I'm, a buffoon??

LOL. I think you're a Fool Dr[do little], you care? let me know that you care and I will keep calling a you a Fool then.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547912 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>No, all you have done is point to the fact that the APA has failed to find any scientific evidence to support the political gay position. Yes, we know how human sexuality works, it is just that gays and the APA have not found a counter argument against it. The APA says that they do not believe that homosexuality is a "CONSCIOUS" choice, when they could have simply said choice. Straight people do not need to choose to be straight, 99% people being straight, normal people having two arms, two legs, two eyes, two ears, one nose, one mouth would place all these in the category of norm and not having to choose to be this way.
Exactly how do gays and lesbians have sex? I mean most mammals have sex in a heterosexual manner, but how does this equate to human homosexuality and other mammal sexual behaviors?
Some times the best thing is to ignore the evidence that is stacked up against you.
true thing writer!!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#547913 Jun 18, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
RR for a split second I understood your logic...after that...the different side came in.
So here is how I see it...for me at least.
It is not if someone believes in God that is my concern...it is how that belief is used in society...how it affects others.
No one that believes in Santa has condemned my fate to eternal fire.
They have not called me wicked, abominal, evil, dog vomit, worthless, lacking in true love, compassion and kindness.
Those that believe in Santa have not judged me as a human being based on what I believe or don't believe.
You say it makes not sense why atheist are here...turn the question around...why are you on threads that challenge you to prove there is a god. If you are so sure...why bother discussing it.
Actually this goes far beyond whether one believes a god exists...
I believe there is a higher power...some outside source. Yet because I see that higher power differently...according to some...I am no better than an atheist and some will tell you worse than one.
As individuals our beliefs hold very little power...collectively those beliefs have the power to mold our society. IMO we ALL should have a voice in how the beliefs of others affect our lives.
Whether God exists or not is not the issue...it is how that belief affects the lives of those that believe differently.
Other than that...
Have a great day RR!
Ditto!

San Francisco

#547914 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. Anybody can write a blog and put it on the Internet.
Anybody can make a website and writing it whatever they feel like.
Not just anybody can compose the Bible and make it indoor World War II thousand years even against the harsh criticism and hatred that atheists and other religions have for it.
You obviously know more about the authorship and provenances of the various parts of the Bible than any Biblical scholar does.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547915 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the decision of the court in full.
You wouldn't be replying with that if you had.
Maybe if you embrace the facts and truth of the Law of the United States where you live, that as an "atheist" lol...as an atheist, you're part of a religion and protected as religious, you can move on to write better responses.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#547916 Jun 18, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
There were a few instances where God commanded his favorite tribe to attack and enslave their neighbors, come to think of it.
The most perverted (IMHO) was when YHWY ordered the entire tribe of Mose's wife (Midianites) exterminated.

How do you get rid of pesky in-laws ? Kill them all and say God told you to do it.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#547917 Jun 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read just the headline, I read and reported what the Supreme Court said.
"We have already indicated that atheism may be considered, in this specialized sense, a religion. See Reed v. Great Lakes Cos., 330 F.3d 931, 934 (7th Cir. 2003)('If we think of religion as taking a position on divinity, then atheism is indeed a form of religion.')"
"The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a 'religion' for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions"
http://www.atheist-community.org/library/arti...
You should go water skiing on lake Tough Titicacs.
You simply don't understand the English language.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547918 Jun 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "beating up" going on.
And where were these supposed morals when you attacked me while I did not attack you back?
what attack? describing to you what you already practice as a homosexual man?? how is that attacking you?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#547919 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Go get Bunny abuser, if she agree with your evidence, then you can state you claim.....
Her posts proved you are a godless liar.

Enjoy sucking off Satan.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547920 Jun 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you thought trifecta WASN'T a big pile of crap?
LOL..you is a funny writer!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#547921 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>??? but wait..
You really think I care that a bunch of azz clowns from a atheistic religion thinks I'm, a buffoon??....
I am sure that most of the people in your life know you are a buffoon as well.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547922 Jun 18, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Go get Bunny abuser, if she agree with your evidence, then you can state you claim.
But as long as Bunny not here to defend her and her child, you still a woman and child abuser and you ramp it up to a sniffling coward as well bashing the woman and she not here to defend herself.
At least all see what an evil lowdown dirt your religion Atheism made you into. No god or gods will claim you, the best you can do is call yourself god..lol!.
Yet you are the one that brought Bunny and her child back in to this thread. In a sense that also makes you part of the problem. The subject was over.

I don't know how Bunny thinks but possibly she might also see you as an abuser by continuing to use her and her child to further your agenda against "G".

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#547923 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you began to give your fantasy conspiracy scenarios.
I'm interested in the actual habit and action of the person.
Not your fairy tale musings.
You are a buffoon.(Picture yourself)
And I told you why that one person would use a proxy.

I also told you the reason I stopped responding to you. Yet you persisted on writing me over and over and over again.

Let's see if it happens again this time! My bet is yes!

I read ahead too. None of your posts address anything in them..as usual.

The loser runs deep in this one! LOL

Tell ya what, do that social experiment. Wear your "scary" T-shirt. Then get back to me. Perhaps at that point I will respond to you again after this.

In the meantime, you are definitely back on the dummy pile!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#547924 Jun 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Then you should mention that separately, not include that as the quoted portion of what Justice Black gave as his opinion, or noted that in what you wrote afterwards.
You probably didn't read this, from the link you supplied:
"You shouldn’t alter what the original writer wrote, so use brackets around your clarification. For example, if the original quotation reads,“This enterprising paleontologist discovered a new species of plant eater,” you shouldn't change it to “[Bob Jones] discovered a new species of plant eater.” You’d have to quote the material this way:“This enterprising paleontologist [Bob Jones] discovered a new species of plant eater.”
(Note also that you wouldn’t be allowed to use parentheses around the name you add, because it would seem—incorrectly—like an aside that appeared in the original text.)"
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/parenthe...
Now you know.
<quoted text>
Nope.
Cite the court case, and the exact wording and language used in the ruling that states atheism is a religion(not the footnoted personal opinion, or *obiter dictum* of the Justice).
lets look at what *obiter dictum* means in legal terms.
"An obiter dictum is a remark or observation made by a judge that, although included in the body of the court's opinion, does not form a necessary part of the court's decision. In a court opinion, obiter dicta include, but are not limited to, words "introduced by way of illustration, or analogy or argument."[1] Unlike the rationes decidendi, obiter dicta are not the subject of the judicial decision, even if they happen to be correct statements of law. Under the doctrine of stare decisis, statements constituting obiter dicta are therefore not binding(...)" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obiter_dictum
See?
The fact that you have to write so much and so long to make you point should be an indicator to you that you fighting a losing battle.

Look how simple I make it...

A Supreme Court Judge rendered a remark pertaining to said case that used the term "Secular Humanism" in a sentence using other examples of Religion. Buddhism, Taoism for example, which are also Atheistic Religions.

Done. If the judge did did not consider Secular Humanism to be religious, he would not have grouped the term 'Secular Humanism' with Buddhism and Taoism:

...Among the religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism, and others..."

~~grin~~~

I think I know why you fighting so hard. Because when you stop and consider what an atheistic religion teach, you can help but see yourself as a azz clown.

But then when you look at what you believe with Atheism in the absence of religion...then it seem to you that you intellectual and brilliant.

The truth, shall set you free. You're part of a Religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Thinking 29,801
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Steve 43,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Patrick Daniels 637,920
Compare bf and gf butt 1 hr Bballerryan 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 280,530
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 2 hr LayedbackMick 140
Looking for Female Yorkie to mate with my male ... (Mar '13) 2 hr Ann Todd 144
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Hukt on Fonix 968,870
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 181,944
More from around the web