Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#547596 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>\
You missed the point
I was commenting on why HL would tell me what you are up to
For a lawyer you don't pay attention too well:)
But since we are on the subject, were you vacationing from all that non-work you have been doing? You probably needed a break huh?
:)
Squaw Valley and Lake Tahoe are spectacular. I hiked, did stand-up paddleboarding, hiked in beautiful mountains, and dined at a great lakefront restaurant. The days were sunny, with a high around 70. It does cool off, to about 40, at night.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#547597 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed you guys don't have the free will where you must travel in a group. You simply choose to. But I think we have gone over " group" as much as we needed to and then some.
Why would Catcher use a proxy? My guess(...)
You should avoid guessing.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#547599 Jun 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I particularly wonder at Christian women. I mean, do they really read the Bible? It's clearly misogynistic, from the very beginning. Women are characterized as the cause of all humans problems (Eve), they are property, they are ordered to be silent in church, and defer to their husband or male relative. I mean, hellooooo?
Then again, it's the same with Black evangelicals in the US. Here is a group of people who have embraced the enforced religion of their former oppressors. The Bible clearly endorses slavery. I mean, seriously, WTH???? Wake up people!
Both of you (and many atheists) are assuming that all the stories in the bible are meant to be strict laws.

WTH?!

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#547600 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe Catcher didn't come to that hot vacation spot you are in!
Aren't Mexican slums all the rage still these days for tourism?
LOL
What?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#547601 Jun 17, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> You've fell for the sensationalist headline like many others. I've presented this here, before.
They didn't declare that atheism was a religion, they declared that atheism was afforded equal protection with religions under the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.
You will have to understand the language used.
Quotes excerpted from:
No. 04-1914
JAMES J. KAUFMAN,
Plaintiff-Appellant,
v.
GARY R. MCCAUGHTRY, et al.,
Defendants-Appellees.
The Supreme Court has recognized atheism as equivalent to a “religion” for purposes of the First Amendment on numerous occasions, most recently in McCreary County, Ky.v. American Civil Liberties Union of Ky., 125 S.Ct. 2722 (2005). The Establishment Clause itself says only that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,” but the Court understands the reference to religion to include what it often calls “nonreligion.” In McCreary County, it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause analysis as “the principle that the First Amendment mandates government neutrality between religion and religion, and between religion and nonreligion.”
Id. at *10 (internal quotations omitted). As the Court put it in Wallace v. Jaffree, 472 U.S. 38 (1985): At one time it was thought that this right [referring to the right to choose one’s own creed] merely proscribed the preference of one Christian sect over another, but would not require equal respect for the conscience of the infidel, the atheist, or the adherent of a non-Christian faith such as Islam or Judaism. But when the underlying principle has been examined in the crucible of litigation, the Court has unambiguously concluded that the individual freedom of conscience protected by the First Amendment embraces the right to select any religious faith or none at all.
But whether atheism is a “religion” for First Amendment purposes is a somewhat different question than whether its adherents believe in a supreme being, or attend regular devotional services, or have a sacred Scripture. The Supreme Court has said that a religion, for purposes of the First Amendment, is distinct from a “way of life,” even if that way of life is inspired by philosophical beliefs or other secular concerns.
2113; Charles, 348 F.3d at 610-11. But the defendants have not answered Kaufman’s argument that by accommodating some religious views, but not his, they are promoting the favored ones(...)their rejection of Kaufman’s request cannot survive the first part of the Lemon test. See Lemon, 403 U.S. at 612-13; Books, 235 F.3d at 301.(...)
Unless the prison system had excluded all gatherings with regard to views on religion, prohibiting a group of atheists to gather is a violation of the Establishment Clause. They also could not have prohibited all groups with regards to views on religion from meeting to rectify the situation, either.
Atheism was not declared a religion, but given protection under the Establishment Clause outlined in the First Amendment.
It's simple to understand, read this excerpt, again.
"it described the touchstone of Establishment Clause analysis as “the principle that the First Amendment mandates government neutrality between religion and religion, and between religion and nonreligion.”
Very good, thank you.

By you saying, "Unless the prison system had excluded all gatherings with regard to views on religion, prohibiting a group of atheists to gather is a violation of the Establishment Clause." you are also admitting that atheism is a religion.

Just like the Supreme Court did.
Girl22

Northallerton, UK

#547602 Jun 17, 2013
CBart95 wrote:
"Just Wondering" just wandered in to a place of Love and high expectations. This happy "accident" may actually be the result of Divine Love or maybe someone here "prayed" you here.
You overall approach seems to suggest that your are praying to a "GOD" who is not as forgiving and loving as the "God" so many of us celibrate.
Your list of Daily "Sins" has you living in fear and regret when, by our way of believing, all you've done is the obvious things simple living has us doing that may keep us less than fulfilled on a daily basis, but certainly not living in dread about our chances of getting into Heaven.
Our "GOD" is a loving God...a forgiving ,patient higher being who Loves each of us. Thus we believe in the goodness of the Lord as we go out into the Land of the Living! Our lives take on new meaning and focus and we contribute our thoghts and energy toward the fulfillment of our souls.
It's a priviledge to welcome you here to join with us in this celebration of God's LOVE.
PS: Pay no attention to the Athiests and other unhappy types you will encounter here: We prayed them here too.
Excuse me - 5,127? If god is so forgiving, why Hell?
Also - if he made us to live forever, and Jesus brought us back 'from death' when man turned away from God, then why is it we still have to die? I thought he was supposed to have 'tasted death for every man?'
And if he could resurrect people back on the earth with their families, the way he did Lazarus and the 12 year old Maiden, why do we have to die and go elsewhere?
Why cant he heal us on the earth and have us live here as God originally planned?
Why can't he get rid of all the wicked on the earth and have those who want to do good live forever as God planned?
If God never intended us to die in the first place - why do we have a soul that supposedly leaves the body when we do die?
Answer me these questions, because they should have answers to them?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#547603 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Um....hmmmm.
Trying not to jump the gun here.
You can't possibly be suggesting that it is just black men who seem to have difficulty with monogamy can you?
Or that European men don't?
And please keep in mind divorce and marriage rates don't factor in undisclosed infidelity.
One could argue African Americans are more honest in that regard as they won't put up the front to satisfy some expected social obligation of marriage and monogamy.
Not that it necessarily means there are not unethical things that can also take place. Such as not supporting a child or things like that
But if you are saying what it appears like you are saying, what are the reasons you feel the struggle with monogamy is something more inherent to the black community and not men in general?
This type fallacy is called straw man

Learn to discuss properly first

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#547604 Jun 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of you (and many atheists) are assuming that all the stories in the bible are meant to be strict laws.
WTH?!
Condoning slavery is not the same thing as mandating it, but condoning it is bad enough, don't you think?
RogerThat

AOL

#547605 Jun 17, 2013

Walking CLOSELY to the Lord?..reality-Check>>

http://youtu.be/xaRDEqO7_TE

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#547606 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
To be paranoid I would have to have something to be paranoid about.
Hahahaha, great.

Fantastic, you buffoon.

You made me laugh out loud.

Since: May 11

London, UK

#547607 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
So...
Once again your posts shows that children are not told they are going to hell
Thanks a third time dummy
LOL
that's right scumbo, they didn't even get to hell.

the catholic god didn't want them and neither did the catholic devil.

my wife told me about when she was a kid, the priest would come to her school to take confession, she would find herself fabricating things to tell the priest so she could get confession over with.

If she made up REALLY bad stuff he was satisfied relatively quickly and she got out of there quick smart, if she'd had a relatively 'sin free week', he'd have her sitting there for bloody ages trying to find something evil she had done to guilt herself out with for the week.

It's all about the guilt when it comes to Catholicism and kids.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#547608 Jun 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"COURT RULES ATHEISM A RELIGION"
The Supreme Court has said a religion need not be based on a belief in the existence of a supreme being. In the 1961 case of Torcaso v. Watkins, the court described “secular humanism” as a religion.
http://mobile.wnd.com/2005/08/31895/#MV3osEHu...
One more dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about but feels the need to chime in anyway.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#547609 Jun 17, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Really, i thought u shower with your clothes on, coz u get 2 in 1 jobs done, u and the clothes are washed.
Does shortly mean something else in your world? OMG, I just thought of something. Where's River? What r u guys up to?!
Shortly: momentarily, soon, by and by, presently, directly, promptly...

Don't even tell me what you thought!

River is posting under the name Alice. We're always up to no good.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#547610 Jun 17, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I never claimed you guys don't have the free will where you must travel in a group. You simply choose to. But I think we have gone over " group" as much as we needed to and then some.
Why would Catcher use a proxy? My guess would be he is a hypocrite and for all his finger pointing about the level of discourse others engage in, he is no better. He also hasn't made a negative post to me since I decided to hammer him on some of the "legal" claims he made and for a guy that always defends Ians and HL that would not be characteristic given the past exchanges. So this allows him to post with impunity. And if you can't see the obvious as far as an anonymous poster making dorky jokes and defending Ians and HK who kept replying to my posts using the word 'buffoon' then out of nowhere a reply using that word comes up under his registered account I don't know what to tell ya except proxies are not very reliable and people get caught all the time because of it
As for lying for each other, do you REALLY believe HL thinks there is no problem with calling someone a filthy gay liar as long as the person making the accusation thinks its true or that insults are not insults if you characterize them as observations? HL claims calling people negative things is simply her making observations but when others do the exact same thing it is a personal attack and bullying
You are a buffoon.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547611 Jun 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on RR, there is a vast world of good gay jokes, and that's not one of them. Try again.
gay jokes stinks with AIDS AND HIV
they are not any gays good jokes,you raise leg like dog and Pee pee on the corner

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#547612 Jun 17, 2013
Girl22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me - 5,127? If god is so forgiving, why Hell?
Also - if he made us to live forever, and Jesus brought us back 'from death' when man turned away from God, then why is it we still have to die? I thought he was supposed to have 'tasted death for every man?'
And if he could resurrect people back on the earth with their families, the way he did Lazarus and the 12 year old Maiden, why do we have to die and go elsewhere?
Why cant he heal us on the earth and have us live here as God originally planned?
Why can't he get rid of all the wicked on the earth and have those who want to do good live forever as God planned?
If God never intended us to die in the first place - why do we have a soul that supposedly leaves the body when we do die?
Answer me these questions, because they should have answers to them?
I'm afraid ole Cbart wont be answering any of your questions anytime soon. And its to bad, because he either now has all the answers, or none of them..........

Cbart passed on into the nether world about 2 years ago or so. God rest his soul..........

Since: May 11

London, UK

#547613 Jun 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more dumbass who doesn't know what he's talking about but feels the need to chime in anyway.
I'm paraphrasing here but...

atheism/secular humanism, is to be afforded the same rights, recognitions and privileges as a religion for the purposes of the first amendment...

sounds exactly like, "atheism is a religion" to the 'faithful'.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547614 Jun 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
where are you now?
in airport of Eskomo land?
he he heeee
your halucination everyday are worse and defeat how stupid you are seatink like zombie on this thread,and Lie without of end

you never,or don't impress anyone with common sense
you half head waering broken condom

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#547615 Jun 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:

Condoning slavery is not the same thing as mandating it, but condoning it is bad enough, don't you think?
With today's thinking, yes.

But under the circumstances of the days those verses were written, slaves having any kind if protection was a huge step forward.

Catcher1

Fremont, CA

#547616 Jun 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good, thank you.
By you saying, "Unless the prison system had excluded all gatherings with regard to views on religion, prohibiting a group of atheists to gather is a violation of the Establishment Clause." you are also admitting that atheism is a religion.
Just like the Supreme Court did.
Scar.

Don't try it.

RR is bulletproof--completely resistant to reason, logic or fact.

Buck was easier to deal with....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Free CLASSIFIEDS | POST UNLIMITED FREE CLASSIFI... (Mar '16) 14 min gina5l 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 19 min swampmudd 2,733
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 28 min Bongo 119,228
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Paul Scott 6,274
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 3 hr Paul Scott 457
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr kent 679,242
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr xavier 4,112
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr VIKING EATS YOUR ... 982,143
More from around the web