“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#547265 Jun 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed the quote wasn't in a book
I said a book would never quote somebody partially out of context, a book would include the whole quote
The partial quote you gave is one that is Internet-wide as a partial quote on anti-Christian websites
I also don't believe on your own you would coincidentally partially quote something in the exact way it is partially quoted on the Internet if you had taken it from a book
And lastly I don't believe you made the partial quote from a book and then returned it to the library in-between my replying to it.
And lastly I don't believe you would give six different reasons for why you couldn't give me the page number like you did instead of simply saying you no longer had the book if that was really the case. You only came up with that lame excuse as your 7th reason months after-the-fact for not sourcing the page.
You are still a liar and an obvious one as your excuses are so stupid that they don't pass the most basic of litmus tests for credibility
You keep showing just how unethical most your group really is
.. and, you're still a buffoon ..
Gary God

United States

#547266 Jun 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your guess is like gas releasing farts from your empty brain
Music to my ears, fragrance to my nose! When are we to have closet game time again, precious person?

Be my smart feller, and I'll be your fart smeller.

With Established Harem

#547267 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your proxy doing?
.. hush !!..

.. Alice might find out that last night in Vegas Sheila was her substitute ..
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you?
.. you're nemesis ..
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the judgeits?
.. gave you a ha-ha, brilliant and agree ..

.. where are my hearts ??.

With Established Harem

#547268 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Skom that I am now at the Reno airport.
:)
.. SKOM - Catcher is at the Reno airport catching a flight to LA ..

.. he told me to tell you that you're a buffoon ..

With Established Harem

#547269 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Friends sometimes communicate and share their enjoyment of life.
.. I'm not sharing Alice with you ..

With Established Harem

#547270 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to HL---Happy Father's day???? LOL
.. thanks. I'll pass it on to her dad ..

Location hidden

#547271 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I never could figure out who was Cain scared of after God put the mark on him-- Cain said least they HUNT him down kill him..
Had to have been more people, than Adam and Eve , his parents.
There is not any record of how long they were in the garden before the fall. Or is it recorded what happened during that time.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#547272 Jun 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Yes, to SP---Happy Douchebag day....LOL
I forgot to get something for Trifecta.

I suppose I could make up some sutras to ward off ghostly apparitions and demonic aberrations.

If only he would heed my warnings.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#547273 Jun 16, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Well, i thought it was better than the 2nd one.
I also watched sucker punch. I wasn't going to watch it coz i saw the trailer, but then i found out it was Quentin Tarantino's worst movie of the year so i watched it. I thought it was very interesting and deep. I think it's such a misunderstood film.
Oh, that helps, thank you very much, Tide! I thought there was more than one, now i'm confused!
There may be...more than one. It is not yet clear...how many there are. We must make sure...to be vigilant. If you understand...nod your head.

Location hidden

#547274 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In the original Sumerian myth from which Genesis evolved, it was the Abel figure that murdered the Cain figure.
Go figure.
There is no evidence of that.
People to this day get credit for someone else's idea. Just because there might currently be documents dated previous to documents of Genesis, Does not necessarily indicate which came first. Or who took an idea from who. In fact similarity does not even indicate one or the other came from one or the other.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#547275 Jun 16, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not any record of how long they were in the garden before the fall. Or is it recorded what happened during that time.
How can a story that is modified version of a 6000 year old Sumerian myth suddenly become history ?

The Jews know it is an allegorical myth, most Christians know it is an allegorical myth. It is only 5% of Christians (Literalists)that think it is verbatim history.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547276 Jun 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to get something for Trifecta.
I suppose I could make up some sutras to ward off ghostly apparitions and demonic aberrations.
If only he would heed my warnings.
I've heard that a book of magical incantations and sayings, along with a talisman or effigy is what many people use.

Location hidden

#547277 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what happens when you take mythology as history.
You would think that talking smakes would be a clue. I guess they believe in Aesop's talking animals, too.
I don't know about Aesop. But animals do talk. And there are plenty that understand them.
Mockery doesn't disprove anything.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#547278 Jun 16, 2013
"In Sumerian myth the senior gods spent their time in leisure, while the junior gods laboured at digging the channels of the rivers and other tasks. Eventually the junior gods rebelled and threatened to overturn the heavenly order. The senior god Enki therefore fashioned the first men from clay, mixed with spittle and the blood of a slain god, so that men could work and the gods could rest. Originally Enki made seven men and seven women, but the numbers of mankind soon multiplied.In another Sumerian myth the goddess Ninhursag created a beautiful garden full of lush vegetation and fruit trees, called Edinu, in Dilmun, the Sumerian earthly Paradise, a place which the Sumerians believed to exist to the east of their own land, beyond the sea. Ninhursag charged Enki, her lover, with controlling the wild animals and tending the garden, but Enki became curious about the garden and his assistant, Adapa, selected seven plants and offered them to Enki, who ate them.(In other versions of the story he seduced in turn seven generations of the offspring of his divine marriage with Ninhursag). This enraged Ninhursag, and she caused Enki to fall ill. Enki felt pain in his rib, which is a pun in Sumerian, as the word “ti” means both “rib” and “life. The other gods persuaded Ninhursag to relent. Ninhursag then created a new goddess named Ninti,(a name made up of “Nin”, or “lady”, plus “ti”, and which can be translated as both Lady of Living and Lady of the Rib), to cure Enki. Ninhursag is known as mother of all living creatures, and thus holds the same position as Eve. The story has a clear parallel with Eve’s creation from Adam’s rib, but given that the pun with rib is present only in Sumerian, linguistic criticism[7] places the Sumerian account as the more ancient."

http://www.ericnunnally.net/...
Gary God

United States

#547279 Jun 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
work part time to pick up all trush thrown by Reno passangers
idiot like you only can do this,and travel inside of your own halucinations,
stupid baffon
Baby Come Back!

Location hidden

#547280 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a story that is modified version of a 6000 year old Sumerian myth suddenly become history ?
The Jews know it is an allegorical myth, most Christians know it is an allegorical myth. It is only 5% of Christians (Literalists)that think it is verbatim history.
What is your evidence that anything was modified? And what is your evidence of it being 6000 years old.
And "every what ever scientist says" doesn't prove anything. How is the 6000 years determined? While there might be Jews that believe that, there are also Jews that believe it is literal. So, The Jews know, is not accurate. Genesis has not been disproven. There are plenty of theories.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#547281 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no evidence of that.
People to this day get credit for someone else's idea. Just because there might currently be documents dated previous to documents of Genesis, Does not necessarily indicate which came first. Or who took an idea from who. In fact similarity does not even indicate one or the other came from one or the other.
Ther is plenty of evidence. Even Genesis itself does, Abram is a Sumerian from Ur. The Hewbrews ARE Sumerians.

You might as well argue that the US Constitution and Articles of the Confederation have no connection.

Looking honestly at the truth is the best way to find it.
Sure, finding out the stories you were told all your life were wrong sucks but such is the Kingdom of God.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#547282 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know about Aesop. But animals do talk. And there are plenty that understand them.
Mockery doesn't disprove anything.
You are not making your case at all.

Animals do not talk. You will never have aconversation with a rabbit or a turtle.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#547283 Jun 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I've heard that a book of magical incantations and sayings, along with a talisman or effigy is what many people use.
You have to be careful about talismans. Some of them are fake.

Buy from a reputable shaman.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#547284 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This is possibly very TRUE. Genesis 2:1 thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the HOST of them--host meaning PEOPLE perhaps? Nomadic people?
'And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch..' Genesis 4:16-

Cain from there on!
Enoch... through to Lamech.
...'such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.'
...'Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
...'Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron'

These 'people' were not 'stone-age nor nomadic' but when intermarried with the sons of God...'men of renown'!

... then this...

Isaiah 40:21-22
Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
26-28
'Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.'
etc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min truth 39,644
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 min RADEKT 269,038
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min PELE78 810,318
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min hojo 574,332
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min Al Capone 5,562
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min ANAL SEX ADVOCATE 97,906
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? 2 hr MUQ2 19
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 3 hr Jon 19
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 19 hr viky235 164
More from around the web