Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#547283 Jun 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I've heard that a book of magical incantations and sayings, along with a talisman or effigy is what many people use.
You have to be careful about talismans. Some of them are fake.

Buy from a reputable shaman.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#547284 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This is possibly very TRUE. Genesis 2:1 thus the heavens and the earth were finished and all the HOST of them--host meaning PEOPLE perhaps? Nomadic people?
'And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch..' Genesis 4:16-

Cain from there on!
Enoch... through to Lamech.
...'such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle.'
...'Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ.
...'Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron'

These 'people' were not 'stone-age nor nomadic' but when intermarried with the sons of God...'men of renown'!

... then this...

Isaiah 40:21-22
Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth? It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
26-28
'Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.'
etc
Satan

West Mifflin, PA

#547285 Jun 16, 2013
buy a comic book it has as much credibility as the bible

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#547286 Jun 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be...more than one. It is not yet clear...how many there are. We must make sure...to be vigilant. If you understand...nod your head.
Hmmm...I'm gonna give u a half nod.

Oh, r u saying that the many could be just one or that there might just be many?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#547288 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"In Sumerian myth the senior gods spent their time in leisure, while the junior gods laboured at digging the channels of the rivers and other tasks. Eventually the junior gods rebelled and threatened to overturn the heavenly order. The senior god Enki therefore fashioned the first men from clay, mixed with spittle and the blood of a slain god, so that men could work and the gods could rest. Originally Enki made seven men and seven women, but the numbers of mankind soon multiplied.In another Sumerian myth the goddess Ninhursag created a beautiful garden full of lush vegetation and fruit trees, called Edinu, in Dilmun, the Sumerian earthly Paradise, a place which the Sumerians believed to exist to the east of their own land, beyond the sea. Ninhursag charged Enki, her lover, with controlling the wild animals and tending the garden, but Enki became curious about the garden and his assistant, Adapa, selected seven plants and offered them to Enki, who ate them.(In other versions of the story he seduced in turn seven generations of the offspring of his divine marriage with Ninhursag). This enraged Ninhursag, and she caused Enki to fall ill. Enki felt pain in his rib, which is a pun in Sumerian, as the word “ti” means both “rib” and “life. The other gods persuaded Ninhursag to relent. Ninhursag then created a new goddess named Ninti,(a name made up of “Nin”, or “lady”, plus “ti”, and which can be translated as both Lady of Living and Lady of the Rib), to cure Enki. Ninhursag is known as mother of all living creatures, and thus holds the same position as Eve. The story has a clear parallel with Eve’s creation from Adam’s rib, but given that the pun with rib is present only in Sumerian, linguistic criticism[7] places the Sumerian account as the more ancient."
http://www.ericnunnally.net/...
I don't see the correlation at all. The word rib? seriously. That's clutching at straws. I could understand coming to the conclusion, that it could have come from this or something like that. But, this is quite a leap. I have watched day after day after day all of this stuff being put out as proven facts and used treat other people as ignorant and inferior. What is being done on this thread is very sad to see. When lawlest describes an act, all hell breaks loose. He is so terrible for it. But daily, most all day, sexual comments are made, people goo on and on out about nipples, or rubbing down further and further till they reach the spot. Oh that's great. A person that claims to be a believer that makes a comment that in any way can be construed as condescending, and they are attacked and all Christians are attacked. Yet, day after day, all day long, the professed believer is subject to this bulling tactic. Your personal comments to others are generally giving back what is dished out. That is not the case with many of the others. I personally am finding what is going on in here is BS and double standards. Yes, as you say, you are the professor. And as I say, I am not. But, I can google. And there are countering arguments to the BS that is being passed off as facts. And there are people with just as much experience and more, and just as many degrees and more. Who don't agree with your conclusions. Come on G, you can do better then what you've been giving out lately.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547289 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
"In Sumerian myth the senior gods spent their time in leisure, while the junior gods laboured at digging the channels of the rivers and other tasks. Eventually the junior gods rebelled and threatened to overturn the heavenly order. The senior god Enki therefore fashioned the first men from clay, mixed with spittle and the blood of a slain god, so that men could work and the gods could rest. Originally Enki made seven men and seven women, but the numbers of mankind soon multiplied.In another Sumerian myth the goddess Ninhursag created a beautiful garden full of lush vegetation and fruit trees, called Edinu, in Dilmun, the Sumerian earthly Paradise, a place which the Sumerians believed to exist to the east of their own land, beyond the sea. Ninhursag charged Enki, her lover, with controlling the wild animals and tending the garden, but Enki became curious about the garden and his assistant, Adapa, selected seven plants and offered them to Enki, who ate them.(In other versions of the story he seduced in turn seven generations of the offspring of his divine marriage with Ninhursag). This enraged Ninhursag, and she caused Enki to fall ill. Enki felt pain in his rib, which is a pun in Sumerian, as the word “ti” means both “rib” and “life. The other gods persuaded Ninhursag to relent. Ninhursag then created a new goddess named Ninti,(a name made up of “Nin”, or “lady”, plus “ti”, and which can be translated as both Lady of Living and Lady of the Rib), to cure Enki. Ninhursag is known as mother of all living creatures, and thus holds the same position as Eve. The story has a clear parallel with Eve’s creation from Adam’s rib, but given that the pun with rib is present only in Sumerian, linguistic criticism[7] places the Sumerian account as the more ancient."
http://www.ericnunnally.net/...
my old friend
please don't plagarize this crap.

rather quote Watchtowers from JW,instead this BS

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#547290 Jun 16, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Hmmm...I'm gonna give u a half nod.
Oh, r u saying that the many could be just one or that there might just be many?
How many...I'm not sure, but many...there are.

I will be back...shortly...after I shower...naked.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547291 Jun 16, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the correlation at all. The word rib? seriously. That's clutching at straws. I could understand coming to the conclusion, that it could have come from this or something like that. But, this is quite a leap. I have watched day after day after day all of this stuff being put out as proven facts and used treat other people as ignorant and inferior. What is being done on this thread is very sad to see. When lawlest describes an act, all hell breaks loose. He is so terrible for it. But daily, most all day, sexual comments are made, people goo on and on out about nipples, or rubbing down further and further till they reach the spot. Oh that's great. A person that claims to be a believer that makes a comment that in any way can be construed as condescending, and they are attacked and all Christians are attacked. Yet, day after day, all day long, the professed believer is subject to this bulling tactic. Your personal comments to others are generally giving back what is dished out. That is not the case with many of the others. I personally am finding what is going on in here is BS and double standards. Yes, as you say, you are the professor. And as I say, I am not. But, I can google. And there are countering arguments to the BS that is being passed off as facts. And there are people with just as much experience and more, and just as many degrees and more. Who don't agree with your conclusions. Come on G, you can do better then what you've been giving out lately.
MY OLD POOR G
loose slowly memories, and brain.disease consume him from the top and down
I pray all day long with 12 old mamas crying loud to our Lord,to save this old crip his soul, and allow him still be alive and return noraml senses
his enki doesn't exist and never existed,
google is bunch of Lies like IANS

BMB
never allow anyone outside esspecialy wicked athists servants of satan
to control you,and your faith,or rebuke you

You are great true believer,I always mention you in my private prayers
we admire only our Lord,not each other,like sick brain IANS accused you

I know your spiritual thoughts,and agree with you 100%

may God always bless you,in your life journey to the true home dwelling place of our heavenly Father

pray for poor old pal G.
our prayers are able to do miracles and make this old pap sane and true faithul beliver in Jesus our Lord

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547292 Jun 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be careful about talismans. Some of them are fake.
Buy from a reputable shaman.
Always, flazatham.

Location hidden

#547293 Jun 16, 2013
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547294 Jun 16, 2013
Satan wrote:
buy a comic book it has as much credibility as the bible
toilet paper is the best for you to read,and wipe up your a...(mouth)
from spewing poor skiny s.....around

funiest thing is
How many more stpid ones like you enter here bambling drug infested halucinations
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#547295 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
There is not any record of how long they were in the garden before the fall. Or is it recorded what happened during that time.
This is the idiocy of Christianity.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547296 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not making your case at all.
Animals do not talk. You will never have aconversation with a rabbit or a turtle.
animals talk to each other,or birds also talk to each other

human animals esspecialy atheists are able only talk to each other few sentences,'no god" and prrrrrt

if atheost doctor would plant dog brain inside of your skull,
I bet you would talk like poor dog?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#547297 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
....Just because there might currently be documents dated previous to documents of Genesis, Does not necessarily indicate which came first.....
Brain damage.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547298 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry , was that OFFENSIVE to you?
It was offensive to me. As a mother there has been twice in my life that I have had to step up and not only fulfill my role as a mother but also assume the role that most would think belongs to a father.

I taught my children to ride their bikes...drive a car...change a tire and check their oil. I also helped coach baseball teams while teaching my children to throw a ball. I taught them how to use a screw driver and a hammer. I took them camping and taught them how to pitch a tent.

There are dad's out there that are taking their children to dance class...fixing lunches...putting hair in ponytails.

Our children are loved...taken care of...given the best as single parents that we can possibly give them.

As far as I am concerned your stabs at HL and her child is a stab at all of us single mothers...actually...at all single parents.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#547299 Jun 16, 2013
Gary God wrote:
I am close frind of Dr. Shrink. We are close pals of long time ago. Sometime we play a closet game for many minutes, when Shrink parents are out of town. That last for five years until Shrink wrecks a skateboard and never the same sense. We still play closet game but he's lost that lovin' feeling.
I can still smell his farts in my nose, precious memories.
as lovely addition for your lovely post,and admiration of your old friend dr Shrink
I sent you full bucket of roses sprinkle with farts and light blue dihrahea perfumes made in White House of washington dc

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547300 Jun 16, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It was offensive to me. As a mother there has been twice in my life that I have had to step up and not only fulfill my role as a mother but also assume the role that most would think belongs to a father.
I taught my children to ride their bikes...drive a car...change a tire and check their oil. I also helped coach baseball teams while teaching my children to throw a ball. I taught them how to use a screw driver and a hammer. I took them camping and taught them how to pitch a tent.
There are dad's out there that are taking their children to dance class...fixing lunches...putting hair in ponytails.
Our children are loved...taken care of...given the best as single parents that we can possibly give them.
As far as I am concerned your stabs at HL and her child is a stab at all of us single mothers...actually...at all single parents.
Yeah, I'm a single parent, full custody since my son was 15 months old or so.

It was after I was a single parent that my understanding and respect for single mothers(and parents, as you noted) went up immeasurably.

Pay those dogs no mind, they can only whine about who is on the porch...

Location hidden

#547301 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals do not talk. You will never have aconversation with a rabbit or a turtle.
There is nothing that says that it is impossible to understand the language an animal speaks.
Mothers understand their babies and can tell the difference by their cries if they need a diaper changed or they are hungry or if they just want attention etc.
Hunters can tell when their dogs have found a trail, when they are getting close, and when they have the animal treed or cornered. So what is there to say that it is impossible to have a conversation with an animal. Perhaps the person is more in tune with the animal than most. And in a time of the garden, whose to say what could or couldn't be cone. Prove it? Disprove it. And by the way, I have :)
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#547302 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know about Aesop. But animals do talk. And there are plenty that understand them.
Mockery doesn't disprove anything.
Yep. Meet Smokey:

http://share.nbc4i.com/media/3548396

Personally, I think Satan is behind it all.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#547303 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are friends with a rabbit or a turtle...no words are necessary to have a conversation.:-)

Here is a thought provoking thought!

"We speculated what it was like before we got language skills. When we humans had our first thought, most likely we didnt know what to think. Its hard to think without words cause you havent got a clue as to what youre thinking. So if you think we suffer from a lack of communication now, think what it must have been like then, when people lived in a verbal void - made worse by the fact that there were no words such as verbal void."

Jane Wagner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 881,132
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 41,172
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min waaasssuuup 8,362
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min Lyndi 177,900
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Michael 603,582
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Pegasus 272,906
Is Steve Harvey's 'Family Fued' racially biased?? (Oct '13) 53 min andet1987 12
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr sangili karuppan 7,656
The Christian Atheist debate 8 hr Critical Eye 4,082
More from around the web