“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#547259 Jun 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you explain enough people to build an entire city?---and for whom?
That is what happens when you take mythology as history.

You would think that talking smakes would be a clue. I guess they believe in Aesop's talking animals, too.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#547260 Jun 16, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, the bits of the New Testament where Jesus tells us to love our neigbours, etc is just a reworking of the Golden Rule which appeared thousands of years earlier in Hindu scriptures.
Oh, Mr Khatru u r so enlightened!! It's a pleasure to be in your presence!! lol!! How do u know about Hindu scriptures? I thought u said u didn't know anything about us?
Gary God

United States

#547261 Jun 16, 2013
I am close frind of Dr. Shrink. We are close pals of long time ago. Sometime we play a closet game for many minutes, when Shrink parents are out of town. That last for five years until Shrink wrecks a skateboard and never the same sense. We still play closet game but he's lost that lovin' feeling.

I can still smell his farts in my nose, precious memories.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#547262 Jun 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen it...yet.
You be careful. There's a rabid buffoon on the loose.
Well, i thought it was better than the 2nd one.

I also watched sucker punch. I wasn't going to watch it coz i saw the trailer, but then i found out it was Quentin Tarantino's worst movie of the year so i watched it. I thought it was very interesting and deep. I think it's such a misunderstood film.

Oh, that helps, thank you very much, Tide! I thought there was more than one, now i'm confused!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#547263 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry , was that OFFENSIVE to you?
Why would it be offensive to me? I wrote it for you.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#547264 Jun 16, 2013
Doctor Jordon wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that anyone scrolling through here will see you name calling and attacking, which makes you the one with the buffoonery.
.....Perhaps by chance posters are supposed to be bias and ignore you. Is that it?
.. Alice will have a bone for you a bit later ..

.. beg nice ..

With Established Harem

#547265 Jun 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed the quote wasn't in a book
I said a book would never quote somebody partially out of context, a book would include the whole quote
The partial quote you gave is one that is Internet-wide as a partial quote on anti-Christian websites
I also don't believe on your own you would coincidentally partially quote something in the exact way it is partially quoted on the Internet if you had taken it from a book
And lastly I don't believe you made the partial quote from a book and then returned it to the library in-between my replying to it.
And lastly I don't believe you would give six different reasons for why you couldn't give me the page number like you did instead of simply saying you no longer had the book if that was really the case. You only came up with that lame excuse as your 7th reason months after-the-fact for not sourcing the page.
You are still a liar and an obvious one as your excuses are so stupid that they don't pass the most basic of litmus tests for credibility
You keep showing just how unethical most your group really is
.. and, you're still a buffoon ..
Gary God

United States

#547266 Jun 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your guess is like gas releasing farts from your empty brain
Music to my ears, fragrance to my nose! When are we to have closet game time again, precious person?

Be my smart feller, and I'll be your fart smeller.

With Established Harem

#547267 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your proxy doing?
.. hush !!..

.. Alice might find out that last night in Vegas Sheila was her substitute ..
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you?
.. you're nemesis ..
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And the judgeits?
.. gave you a ha-ha, brilliant and agree ..

.. where are my hearts ??.

With Established Harem

#547268 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell Skom that I am now at the Reno airport.
:)
.. SKOM - Catcher is at the Reno airport catching a flight to LA ..

.. he told me to tell you that you're a buffoon ..

With Established Harem

#547269 Jun 16, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Friends sometimes communicate and share their enjoyment of life.
.. I'm not sharing Alice with you ..

With Established Harem

#547270 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, to HL---Happy Father's day???? LOL
.. thanks. I'll pass it on to her dad ..

Location hidden

#547271 Jun 16, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I never could figure out who was Cain scared of after God put the mark on him-- Cain said least they HUNT him down kill him..
Had to have been more people, than Adam and Eve , his parents.
There is not any record of how long they were in the garden before the fall. Or is it recorded what happened during that time.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#547272 Jun 16, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Yes, to SP---Happy Douchebag day....LOL
I forgot to get something for Trifecta.

I suppose I could make up some sutras to ward off ghostly apparitions and demonic aberrations.

If only he would heed my warnings.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#547273 Jun 16, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Well, i thought it was better than the 2nd one.
I also watched sucker punch. I wasn't going to watch it coz i saw the trailer, but then i found out it was Quentin Tarantino's worst movie of the year so i watched it. I thought it was very interesting and deep. I think it's such a misunderstood film.
Oh, that helps, thank you very much, Tide! I thought there was more than one, now i'm confused!
There may be...more than one. It is not yet clear...how many there are. We must make sure...to be vigilant. If you understand...nod your head.

Location hidden

#547274 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In the original Sumerian myth from which Genesis evolved, it was the Abel figure that murdered the Cain figure.
Go figure.
There is no evidence of that.
People to this day get credit for someone else's idea. Just because there might currently be documents dated previous to documents of Genesis, Does not necessarily indicate which came first. Or who took an idea from who. In fact similarity does not even indicate one or the other came from one or the other.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#547275 Jun 16, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not any record of how long they were in the garden before the fall. Or is it recorded what happened during that time.
How can a story that is modified version of a 6000 year old Sumerian myth suddenly become history ?

The Jews know it is an allegorical myth, most Christians know it is an allegorical myth. It is only 5% of Christians (Literalists)that think it is verbatim history.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#547276 Jun 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to get something for Trifecta.
I suppose I could make up some sutras to ward off ghostly apparitions and demonic aberrations.
If only he would heed my warnings.
I've heard that a book of magical incantations and sayings, along with a talisman or effigy is what many people use.

Location hidden

#547277 Jun 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what happens when you take mythology as history.
You would think that talking smakes would be a clue. I guess they believe in Aesop's talking animals, too.
I don't know about Aesop. But animals do talk. And there are plenty that understand them.
Mockery doesn't disprove anything.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#547278 Jun 16, 2013
"In Sumerian myth the senior gods spent their time in leisure, while the junior gods laboured at digging the channels of the rivers and other tasks. Eventually the junior gods rebelled and threatened to overturn the heavenly order. The senior god Enki therefore fashioned the first men from clay, mixed with spittle and the blood of a slain god, so that men could work and the gods could rest. Originally Enki made seven men and seven women, but the numbers of mankind soon multiplied.In another Sumerian myth the goddess Ninhursag created a beautiful garden full of lush vegetation and fruit trees, called Edinu, in Dilmun, the Sumerian earthly Paradise, a place which the Sumerians believed to exist to the east of their own land, beyond the sea. Ninhursag charged Enki, her lover, with controlling the wild animals and tending the garden, but Enki became curious about the garden and his assistant, Adapa, selected seven plants and offered them to Enki, who ate them.(In other versions of the story he seduced in turn seven generations of the offspring of his divine marriage with Ninhursag). This enraged Ninhursag, and she caused Enki to fall ill. Enki felt pain in his rib, which is a pun in Sumerian, as the word “ti” means both “rib” and “life. The other gods persuaded Ninhursag to relent. Ninhursag then created a new goddess named Ninti,(a name made up of “Nin”, or “lady”, plus “ti”, and which can be translated as both Lady of Living and Lady of the Rib), to cure Enki. Ninhursag is known as mother of all living creatures, and thus holds the same position as Eve. The story has a clear parallel with Eve’s creation from Adam’s rib, but given that the pun with rib is present only in Sumerian, linguistic criticism[7] places the Sumerian account as the more ancient."

http://www.ericnunnally.net/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min UStheNWOWarmonger 830,400
I wish God would get rid of all homosexuals in ... 12 min Paul Porter1 6
Why God made males UGLY but females PRETTY ? 50 min Rosa_Winkel 10
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 51 min dollarsbill 3,959
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr worship GOD 7,145
the homosexuals who are EMBARRASSMENTS to the ... 1 hr Titania 7
Rajkot gay Topix 1 hr botam 41
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr karl44 585,787
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Student 40,223
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Paul Porter1 99,270
More from around the web