Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#546948 Jun 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get this idea that moral ethics is unique to Christianity? Go study Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, or Epicurus. There are many ethical systems which predate the Hebrews by many centuries, and many more which have since been created entirely outside of the Abrahamic religions, especially in Asia (which also predate the Hebrews, and in some cases even the Greeks).
??? I never say ethics are unique to Christianity. I no know where you get that from.

I know many people that practice Hinduism or Buddhism and they ethics is quite sound. So I no know what you talking about.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546949 Jun 15, 2013
Toby wrote:
Atheism is not a philosophy, or a worldview, it's simply choosing not to believe in the metaphysical. I'm agnostic anyway, you kind of jumped the gun on that assumption.
Wrong.

The U.S supreme court calls it a religion.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#546950 Jun 15, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
get education and study what sin is?
Was that a question?

Sin is an immoral act and considered to be against God's law.

There, I'm educated.
and stop sleep with female animals
And start sleeping with male animals like you?
bed is only for humans created by god, not animal shed house
Odd... My chickens have a house and a bed, my dogs have their own beds, my horse had his own bed, too....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546951 Jun 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to heaven regardless, because I used to be a born-again Christian, and that can't be taken away, if you believe what the Bible says.
:)~
No.

Luke 9:62
Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."
[[[

You looked back. You were once a Christian, you quit and turned your back on Jesus Christ.

Because of that Jesus says you're not going to heaven. Go pick up back you plow turn back to Jesus, then you will inherit heaven.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546952 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Yes, we are born sinners, according to the bible.
But where do you get evil, wretched and unworthy from?
scaritual wrote:
Christianity.
Oh. Thanks for being so clear, scar.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#546953 Jun 15, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
skom, once asked me if I admired dr shrink ... I have come to admire ... This person has created the simplest character. And wiped the floor with all of you. And not one person that I have seen, has been able to touch him. Or knock him off his square. This simple creativity, I admire.
I'm not surprised, Bernie. You have always demonstrated a keen mind and excellent judgment, and you have once again here.

The eating sperm and farting up noses is no doubt the creativity to which you refer, since the man has never posted anything more substantial or witty in my experience on this thread.

You and he are each a credit to your god. How great thou art!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546954 Jun 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A blind or deaf person just experiences the world differently than you do. In many ways they might experience more things than you. So where do you get off saying they are flawed? They are just different.
Birds can fly, yet you can't, does that make you flawed, because you can't experience what they do?
A flaw does not accurately describe a blind or deaf person. Someone with a scar or a limp or something or a stutter, those are flaws. A person with a flaw can still mostly perform everything a person without that flaw can.

Deaf or Blindness is a handicap. Those are physical handicaps. People with handicaps cannot perform in a world or society built for people with all five senses. Reason there are braille for the blind, wheelchairs for a those with no legs, sign language for the deaf. They are physically abnormal. How come that not obvious to you??

Compare apples to apples-humans to humans. You comparing humans with a birds?? You talking about God irrational, You the one irrational.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546955 Jun 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised, Bernie. You have always demonstrated a keen mind and excellent judgment, and you have once again here.
The eating sperm and farting up noses is no doubt the creativity to which you refer, since the man has never posted anything more substantial or witty in my experience on this thread.
You and he are each a credit to your god. How great thou art!
Off topic but funny as hell, here:

A Marine was deployed to Afghanistan. While he was there he received a letter from his girlfriend. In the letter she explained that she had slept with two guys while he had been gone and she wanted to break up with him. AND, she wanted pictures of herself back.

So the Marine did what any squared-away Marine would do. He went around to his buddies and collected all the unwanted photos of women he could find. He then mailed about 25 pictures of women (with clothes and without) to his girlfriend with the following note:

“I don’t remember which one you are. Please remove your picture and send the rest back.”

LIKE A BOSS

Fennario

#546956 Jun 15, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Bongo wrote:
This is someone to fear and respect. Atheist supposition is fatally flawed and does not inure to the benefit of its adherents. Without unequivocal evidence to support the claim that this arcane being does not exist it is tantamount to suicide by atheism. Eternity is a long time. Theres an old saying, if you cant beat em, join em
I appreciate your effort to work in so many less common words. I'm not sure that your using the word "inure" correctly, however. Can a supposition inure?

Arcane is a great word. Look at esoteric, recondite and recherché as well.

I find it a tad disheartening that you recommend acceding to the threats made in the name of that god because you cannot rule out the possibility of its existence.

Incidentally, I do have unequivocal evidence that your god is fantastic, but I can't impart it to you without your willingness to be persuaded by a compelling argument.

Worse, even if you are correct - even if our universe is run by the monster in your bible - you're screwed. We're all screwed, even the faithful. As you pointed out, such a god would be able to do whatever it pleases, and we have seen what pleases it. It is not bound by its promises, promises it has already broken.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546957 Jun 15, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are NOT giving a good comparison of ABNORMAL or UNNATURAL, using a handicapped person!!, whether it be deaf mute, no feet no arms etc--- they KNOW after seeing their parents and others when they grow up in age, that they are NOT like them, they find out they are HANDICAPPED and they were BORn with this defect.
Being BORN with this DEFECT---they know how to use other senses to LIVE a NORMAL life! They still know and realize they are DIFFERENT, and did not CHOOSE to be this way --(handicapped).
HL , you think you are so SMART--but you are so silly and CORNEY on a LOT of subjects!!! You are the one that needs to GROW UP!
YOU try to act like a teenager , and yet you probaly are in your 60's!!
true thing writer!

She making it sound like we talking about someone's Worth. A handicap person has just as much Worth as a physically normal person. But to protest that the deaf or the blind is physically normal is simpyput dumb...pun intended.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546958 Jun 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Blind and deaf people are not Unnatural, Homosexuality is Unnatural.
Blind and deaf people are physically abnormal. Reason being blind or deaf is considered a physical handicap because they are limited in what they can do compared to people with sight and hearing can do.
Even a 2nd grader can see that. Why you can't in simply your blind irrationality to treat your lust for the same sex as normal. It ain't.
Sorry. There aren't any second graders here for you to match wits with. What a shame. It would be worth watching.

Fennario

#546959 Jun 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
So my non-Christian brethren and sistren here gathered under the light of the magnificent Sun. Let us pray for our less gifted Christian fellow humans, deceitful they may be but they have fallen victim of evil indoctrination. May they see the light and find the strength to free themselves once again. We know they are struggling and full of doubt, and find it hard to stand up against their fears. They are taught to distrust us and see us as the devilish but let our love and good guidance lead them into happiness again.
Amen
Today let our special love go out to brother Skombolis who was stricken by predators when weakened through his drug abuse.
==========
Ament (sic).

LOL. They're not going to like this.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#546960 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we are born sinners, according to the bible.
But where do you get evil, wretched and unworthy from?
No only Christians are.
They admit to that
And I believe them
Their history proves them right
They are indeed evildoers.

I was not born a sinner

I think humanity should ask itself whether it wants to be ruled by people that confess to they are innate evildoers. I say no. I have no problem with homosexuality, but evildoing is unethical. We should not let the evil rule us.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546961 Jun 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
No only Christians are.
They admit to that
And I believe them
Their history proves them right
They are indeed evildoers.
I was not born a sinner
I think humanity should ask itself whether it wants to be ruled by people that confess to they are innate evildoers. I say no. I have no problem with homosexuality, but evildoing is unethical. We should not let the evil rule us.
I purposefully wrote "according to the bible" just to please you atheists.

It flew right over your squeaky little head.

To what "innate evildoers" are you referring?

You say; "I have no problem with homosexuality, but evildoing is unethical.". I agree. Now who's gonna decide what's evil and what's not?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546962 Jun 15, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. There aren't any second graders here for you to match wits with. What a shame. It would be worth watching.
Take him down, I could.

Yes.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546963 Jun 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>true thing writer!
She making it sound like we talking about someone's Worth. A handicap person has just as much Worth as a physically normal person. But to protest that the deaf or the blind is physically normal is simpyput dumb...pun intended.
Pssst..... Trifecta....

*whispers*
Over here.....

Can you drop the handicapped/normal/abnormal debate already?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#546964 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I purposefully wrote "according to the bible" just to please you atheists.
It flew right over your squeaky little head.
To what "innate evildoers" are you referring?
You say; "I have no problem with homosexuality, but evildoing is unethical.". I agree. Now who's gonna decide what's evil and what's not?
Read it again and you will know

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546965 Jun 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it again and you will know
Everyone that's not Christian gets to decide what's evil & what's not?

Ok, fine.

Get started. Gimme a few examples of evil.

Go.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#546966 Jun 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I have help, Jesus Christ.
That imaginary being can only work on your soul. You need something else to work on your aura. We haven't even gotten to your chakra yet. It's in bad shape too.
trifecta1 wrote:
That all the help I need writer.
You don't have anyone guiding your astral projection, do you? It's rather obvious.

Hey, I'm just trying to warn you. If you're reincarnated as a dung beetle, don't blame me.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#546967 Jun 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Blind and deaf people are not Unnatural, Homosexuality is Unnatural.
Blind and deaf people are physically abnormal. Reason being blind or deaf is considered a physical handicap because they are limited in what they can do compared to people with sight and hearing can do.
Even a 2nd grader can see that. Why you can't in simply your blind irrationality to treat your lust for the same sex as normal. It ain't.
Homosexuality is natural. It's also in the normal range of human sexual expression.

Blindness and deafness are abnormal, the people are not.

This is me trying to teach you. You're not a 2nd grader, are you? A 2nd grader could learn this.

Please find a 2nd grader to heal your cootie infection, before it's too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr MOGADORE 994,029
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 8 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web