There

#546911 Jun 15, 2013
Christian Science is an oxymoron.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#546912 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Levites were a very sexually open tribe, it nearly destroyed them. They needed these laws to curb their lusts as much as possible.
Note: These laws were written for the Levites, not every Christian or Jew.
6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
So, what if the NT was for "the people back then"?

How would you know?

That seems to be the Christian explanation in many instances.

"No no no, you see... those rules or laws were for the PEOPLE OF THE TIME, BACK THEN..."

hahaaa How would you know?

Just arbitrarily decide that?

"Hmmm, that whole Sabbath thing really messes with NASCAR, sporting events and other things I like to do.... HEY, HONEY!...MAKE ME A HAM SANDWICH!"

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#546913 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Levites were a very sexually open tribe, it nearly destroyed them. They needed these laws to curb their lusts as much as possible.
6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations. I am the Lord.
7 “‘Do not dishonor your father by having sexual relations with your mother. She is your mother; do not have relations with her.
8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.
9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.
10 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your son’s daughter or your daughter’s daughter; that would dishonor you.
11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.
12 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s sister; she is your father’s close relative.
13 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your mother’s sister, because she is your mother’s close relative.
14 “‘Do not dishonor your father’s brother by approaching his wife to have sexual relations; she is your aunt.
15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.
16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.
17 “‘Do not have sexual relations with both a woman and her daughter. Do not have sexual relations with either her son’s daughter or her daughter’s daughter; they are her close relatives. That is wickedness.
18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living.
19 “‘Do not approach a woman to have sexual relations during the uncleanness of her monthly period.
20 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.
21 “‘Do not give any of your children to be sacrificed to Molek, for you must not profane the name of your God. I am the Lord.
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
23 “‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion.
A good question is: Who were the Levites? In the sense of Aaron and his sons were the High Priests. My thoughts are along the line of in the New Testament, the position of bishop required them to not be a partaker of strong drink. Where as the position of elder, required them to not be a partaker of much strong drink. The higher position requires stricter guidelines, or adherence to the guidelines.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#546914 Jun 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your god is the most the most immoral and monstrous creature in all of fiction. Jehovah-Jesus nearly sterilized the earth once and intends to do it again. What monster can match that?
In between - according to legend - Jehovah killed another two-and-a-half million that are enumerated, plus untold numbers of others in the flood and other disasters without death counts. And he ordered dozens of genocides. Just ask the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Girgashites, the Canaanites, and the Jebusites.
Then thers are the instruction from Jehovah-Jesus:
• "Show No Mercy!" Deut 7:2
• "Make no peace!" Deut 7:2
• "March to War!" Numbers 32:20
• "Ethnic cleanse!" Deut. 20:15
• "Commit genocide!" Joshua 10:20
• "Enslave!" Lev. 25:44
• "Beat to death!" Ex. 21:20
• "Kill women and chilldren!" Numbers 31:17, 1 Samuel 15:3
• "Kill all prisoners!" Deut 7:2
• "Destroy!" Deut. 7:16
• "Annihilate!" Deut. 17:29
• "Slaughter!" Deut. 13:15, Joshua 8:24
• "Burn!" Deut. 13:15
• "Torture!" Lev. 24:23, Numbers 5:11
• "Massacre!" Numbers 21:2
• "Exterminate!" Deut 2:34, Deut 3:3
• "Crush!" Deut. 33:29
• "Kill!" Joshua 9:24
• "Destroy!" Deut 31:4
• "Smite!" Esther 9:5
• "Slash!" Judges 15:8
• "Burn!" joshua 6:24
• "Kill!" Joshua 10:10
• "Kill!" Judges 11:33
• "Kill!" Deut 9:3
• "Loot!" Deut. 20:10
• "Plunder!" Numbers 31:9, Deut 2:35
• "Rape!" Numbers 31:18, Deut. 21:10, Judges 21:11
• "Pillage!" 1 Samuel 23:5
• "Kill!" Deut 20:15
• "Kill!" Judges 21:11
Your god goes on to command:
• KILL anyone who wears mixed fabrics.
• KILL any kid who disrespects his parents
• KILL anyone who works on Saturday
• KILL anyone who eats meat AND cheese together
• KILL anyone who swears by god
• KILL any man who goes into the temple after having sex with a woman who is on her •
And that's not even the bad part, not by far. Your vicious monster god has built a fiery torture pit and stocked it with demonic inquisitors so that he may keep you conscious for eternity to suffer.
=========
I challenge you to name a fictional character that has done more harm to human beings. For you to consider that monster moral is itself morally reprehensible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Wow, dude. Talk about cherry picking....
Cherry picking? Do you need more?

These aren't arguments of yours, these "cherry picking" and "out of context" drive-by's. I can't call them arguments, because they are not. They're merely utterances.

You're implying that I'm misrepresenting the bible by manipulating scripture. You're implying that I'm not showing people the true bible. Curiously, you never think to show the other part - the missing context and unpicked cherries - that redeem your bible from the argument made against it.

I just made an argument that your god is the most malicious villain in the lore of Western culture, and I enumerated countless examples of that god's psychpoathy resulting in the deaths of billions, which, BTW is a lot of cherries.

And yes, "psychopath" is what we would call a human being with that CV, so it is what we should also call such a god.

So do you have any better rebuttal to my argument than that? Can you name a worse monster of villain? I don't think you can.

"The god of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

Fennario

#546915 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Note: These laws were written for the Levites, not every Christian or Jew."

Then these rules do not apply to you?

Fennario

#546916 Jun 15, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
exist no defintion of earthly mean love
earthly love is not love-only mostly dirty passion,depraved moraly lust ending with diseases, sickness,divorces, and tragedies
this type of your definiton love,is product of complete moral phisical depravation existing only to the time of man existing testotrone
YOU ARE JOHN JAWS FOOLING YOURSELVES AND EVERYOBODY AROUND,POSTING SIMPLE BS AND HAVING NOT CLUE WHAT
AGAPE LOVE IS
It would be nice for you,if you would dissapear from here with high waves of horse dung misex with water
This is the Shrinkinator, is it not? There can't be two of these. It's like somebody swallowed a case of alphabet soup and crapped out a post.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#546917 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
This is the Shrinkinator, is it not? There can't be two of these. It's like somebody swallowed a case of alphabet soup and crapped out a post.
Hahaha that's funny. You, I mean skom, once asked me if I admired dr shrink and if I wanted to be like him. The answer was and still is no. But, one thing I have come to admire. In this Topix world of make believe people. With the same person presenting themselves as people of opposing view points and different personas. Each so smart and the great defender of what ever it is they are supposed espouse. This person has created the simplest character. And wiped the floor with all of you. And not one person that I have seen, has been able to touch him. Or knock him off his square. This simple creativity, I admire. And if a person is able to sort through the rhetoric, you some times find some pretty good thoughts.
There, now that will stir up the masses :)
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#546918 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Your god is the most the most immoral and monstrous creature in all of fiction. Jehovah-Jesus nearly sterilized the earth once and intends to do it again. What monster can match that?
In between - according to legend - Jehovah killed another two-and-a-half million that are enumerated, plus untold numbers of others in the flood and other disasters without death counts. And he ordered dozens of genocides. Just ask the Hittites, the Hivites, the Perizzites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Girgashites, the Canaanites, and the Jebusites.
Then thers are the instruction from Jehovah-Jesus:
• "Show No Mercy!" Deut 7:2
• "Make no peace!" Deut 7:2
• "March to War!" Numbers 32:20
• "Ethnic cleanse!" Deut. 20:15
• "Commit genocide!" Joshua 10:20
• "Enslave!" Lev. 25:44
• "Beat to death!" Ex. 21:20
• "Kill women and chilldren!" Numbers 31:17, 1 Samuel 15:3
• "Kill all prisoners!" Deut 7:2
• "Destroy!" Deut. 7:16
• "Annihilate!" Deut. 17:29
• "Slaughter!" Deut. 13:15, Joshua 8:24
• "Burn!" Deut. 13:15
• "Torture!" Lev. 24:23, Numbers 5:11
• "Massacre!" Numbers 21:2
• "Exterminate!" Deut 2:34, Deut 3:3
• "Crush!" Deut. 33:29
• "Kill!" Joshua 9:24
• "Destroy!" Deut 31:4
• "Smite!" Esther 9:5
• "Slash!" Judges 15:8
• "Burn!" joshua 6:24
• "Kill!" Joshua 10:10
• "Kill!" Judges 11:33
• "Loot!" Deut. 20:10
• "Plunder!" Numbers 31:9, Deut 2:35
• "Rape!" Numbers 31:18, Deut. 21:10, Judges 21:11
• "Pillage!" 1 Samuel 23:5
• "Kill!" Deut 20:15
• "Kill!" Judges 21:11
Your god goes on to command:
• KILL anyone who wears mixed fabrics.
• KILL any kid who disrespects his parents
• KILL anyone who works on Saturday
• KILL anyone who eats meat AND cheese together
• KILL anyone who swears by god
• KILL any man who goes into the temple after having sex with a woman who is on her •
The most common command in your bible is to kill, usually for some trivial infraction.
And that's not even the bad part, not by far. Your vicious monster god has built a fiery torture pit and stocked it with demonic inquisitors so that he may keep you conscious for eternity to suffer.
=========
I challenge you to name a fictional character that has done more harm to human beings. For you to consider that monster moral is itself morally reprehensible.
This is someone to fear and respect. Atheist supposition is fatally flawed and does not inure to the benefit of its adherents. Without unequivocal evidence to support the claim that this arcane being does not exist it is tantamount to suicide by atheism. Eternity is a long time. Theres an old saying, if you cant beat em, join em
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#546919 Jun 15, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Lord, "here am I, send me." Isaiah experienced your presence and fell on his face in repentance. He was so in awe that he cried out for you to send Him. Lord, as a child of yours, I beg for Your forgiveness and ask You to send me out into my world of influence to do Your will, to reach others for You, to accomplish that which You would have me do. I pray for your guidance always and your wisdom, and boldness through the Holy Spirit. I pray for my neighbors, that those who know you would grow closer to you and be Christ-like in the community and that those who do not know you will see Jesus in us and our lives. I pray that they will see themselves in need of a Savior, and see the blessings You have bestowed upon us, and know that You are God. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Translation:
Let me be your slave. let me work as salesman without pay. Let me feel happy in this. Let me be able to sell my believes to others.[kneel, bend, humble humble]

It may seem humble if people pray like this. It is not, by accepting this overlord they can place themselves above anyone that does not. Praying for people is condensending superiority. We should not accept this gift without something in return.

==========
So my non-Christian brethren and sistren here gathered under the light of the magnificent Sun. Let us pray for our less gifted Christian fellow humans, deceitful they may be but they have fallen victim of evil indoctrination. May they see the light and find the strength to free themselves once again. We know they are struggling and full of doubt, and find it hard to stand up against their fears. They are taught to distrust us and see us as the devilish but let our love and good guidance lead them into happiness again.

Amen

Today let our special love go out to brother Skombolis who was stricken by predators when weakened through his drug abuse.
==========
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#546920 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
What are the odds? Hes the only troglodyte I know whos sporting a case of mega colon.
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#546921 Jun 15, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Let me be your slave. let me work as salesman without pay. Let me feel happy in this. Let me be able to sell my believes to others.[kneel, bend, humble humble]
It may seem humble if people pray like this. It is not, by accepting this overlord they can place themselves above anyone that does not. Praying for people is condensending superiority. We should not accept this gift without something in return.
==========
So my non-Christian brethren and sistren here gathered under the light of the magnificent Sun. Let us pray for our less gifted Christian fellow humans, deceitful they may be but they have fallen victim of evil indoctrination. May they see the light and find the strength to free themselves once again. We know they are struggling and full of doubt, and find it hard to stand up against their fears. They are taught to distrust us and see us as the devilish but let our love and good guidance lead them into happiness again.
Amen
Today let our special love go out to brother Skombolis who was stricken by predators when weakened through his drug abuse.
==========
This is reskombulous

BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#546922 Jun 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Christian Science is an oxymoron.
you are like christian science.
and look like this animal moron on your awatar,called in greek bor suuuk uk
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#546923 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
what what bible is saying about scumbags like you,

nobody gave you authority to sniff who is who on this topic.

anyway hell already swallow you,you poor american refuge from justice sword of Domockless american law

capisho do do bum?

if you are not able to eat alphabet soup, start ear chilly beans and fart mexican farts,instead post snoopy posts

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#546924 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, WTF? Where'd you find that supposed Christian view?
Christianity teaches us that all humans are born sinful. In other words, born with evil in them.

It's all nonsense; however, claiming that humanity is inherently flawed has fooled the gullible and left them prone for more condemnation.

And condemnation is what we've seen. Time and time again, men are degraded as being wretched, worthless, evil, etc and are told they should be thankful that the god of the bible actually tolerates them.

Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#546925 Jun 15, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
These aren't arguments of yours, these "cherry picking" and "out of context" drive-by's. I can't call them arguments, because they are not. They're merely utterances.
You're implying that I'm misrepresenting the bible by manipulating scripture. You're implying that I'm not showing people the true bible. Curiously, you never think to show the other part - the missing context and unpicked cherries - that redeem your bible from the argument made against it.
I just made an argument that your god is the most malicious villain in the lore of Western culture, and I enumerated countless examples of that god's psychpoathy resulting in the deaths of billions, which, BTW is a lot of cherries.
And yes, "psychopath" is what we would call a human being with that CV, so it is what we should also call such a god.
So do you have any better rebuttal to my argument than that? Can you name a worse monster of villain? I don't think you can.
"The god of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins
note
that all what you wrote wer applied to ancient israel waging wars with axes,swords,knifes, beheading enemies,cut their balls,

be careful if similar strange nation enter mexican soil,for sure your balls will be cut hang a\up in the middle of mexican village,
and bedeaded pumpkin stupid head, children will throw around like baseball game

you stupid old refuge moron

Watford, UK

#546926 Jun 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to take from scriptures positive things.
"I said you are ALL Gods."
"Go forth and multiply."
"Love your neighbors and even enemies."
"The Kngdom of God is inside you."
and of course, Song of Songs in its entirety.
Fair enough

I like the way that you're your own man on this - it shows in a positive way.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#546927 Jun 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it was you, not me, that claimed Trifecta is right. The opposite of right is wrong ..
.. this has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with how a handicap person views self ..
.. for some people born without feet, it's normal to walk on their hands ..
.. nobody with a handicap wants to be viewed as abnormal or unnatural ..
.. you & Trifecta are both wrong. You don't get to claim a handicapped person is abnormal or unnatural. The handicap may be abnormal development but it is not unnatural since it happens in nature ..
GROW UP
nobody said it is not normal to them. What is being said is that has no bearing. Are you claiming mike sting children is normal because it is normal to the pedophile? Whether talking morality or biology abnormal simply means different that the norm. By definition that does not indicate better or worse or moral or immoral...simply different. Other factors determines the rest. And it is abnormal to say be born with 6 fingers on one hand. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it or change the fact that it may be normal to the person with six fingers. It also doesn't change the fact that biologically that is abnormal. It is you that needs to grow up as you are acting like a child and all because your pride prevents you from conceding common sense definitions and explanations

Watford, UK

#546928 Jun 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
In Genesis, God has Adam 'try out' all the animals as a "wife" before making a human woman for him.
Christian apologetics (AKA B.S.) in 3... 2.... 1...
Lol

Thanks. I'd forgotten about that.

Another example of the contempt in which the bible holds women.
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#546929 Jun 15, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha that's funny. You, I mean skom, once asked me if I admired dr shrink and if I wanted to be like him. The answer was and still is no. But, one thing I have come to admire. In this Topix world of make believe people. With the same person presenting themselves as people of opposing view points and different personas. Each so smart and the great defender of what ever it is they are supposed espouse. This person has created the simplest character. And wiped the floor with all of you. And not one person that I have seen, has been able to touch him. Or knock him off his square. This simple creativity, I admire. And if a person is able to sort through the rhetoric, you some times find some pretty good thoughts.
There, now that will stir up the masses :)
thank you my brother

they are not able to resist their naight mares about dr Shrink,

day halucinations torment them who is who,

dr Shrinks is not a lot on this cyber space,
defending Bible,and make from those opossers not POS, only street old donkey dung left full of white maggots ,stink, and denials of natural grow of creativity nature by God

example is IANS, not only viomits,but primitivosm below IQ of primitive mexicans living in the mexican cages

they try all the time without of any sucess to ban.or remove my MOST HANDSOME,MOST HUMBLE,MOST TRUTHFUL POSTS ABOUT THOSE SCUMBAGS,ATHEISTS,FAKEN CHRISTIANS,AND CYBER IDIOTS, TYPING BY S..FINGERS WITH CLOSE EYES, OR DRANK FACE

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#546930 Jun 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Wow, dude. Talk about cherry picking

No, no, no.... You've cherry picked quite enough.

I mean seriously, dude. You've even gotten so low as to take one word and quote it, then provide the scripture. Like this:

"In" Genesis 1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 53 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Just Think 701,335
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 10 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722