Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#546759 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes Kemosabe. Tonto irritated ..
.. let me clarify ..
.. I don't give a shit what Trifecta thinks about my sex life ..
I think about it often ;)

I have a vivid imagination, like SpongeBob.
Toby

Portland, OR

#546760 Jun 14, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed this simply is repressed homosexual feelings. The most striking example Pastor Ted Haggard with his flaming attacks at homosexuals all the time.
And why does Christianity so much want to condemn homosexuality as half of the Roman Catholic priests are themselves this way?
As I wrote before this has to do with repression of all sexual feelings. Deep in Christianity is the Gnostic idea that the spirit is kept imprisoned in the body by desires, the strongest is sex. So sex itself is a problem to them. Even heterosexuals should only have sex for procreation, not for lust.
But repressing sex has some other benefits for the church. If you repress sexual energy people can transform this energy in religious zealousness. The repression of the sexual energy is what fuels proselyters.
This goes especially for homosexuals in protestant movements who can not fulfil their sexual desires like others. They start to think continuously about sex. We often see here that their rejections are filled with very vivid descriptions as their mind is absorbed with thought about sex.
The repression also leads to sadomasochistic fantasies as they are constantly suffering. In Catholic orders it is quite normal for priest to whip themselves to punish the flesh for it evil thoughts. It also explains why Christianity has been so repressive against Women. We see the same things in Islam too.
That is what you get when you replace the Divine natural laws by man-made artificial rational laws in a book. These laws were simply made to produce lots of offspring in the old days when numbers were important to wage war and conquer wealth and power.
The bible was primarily written to give people a history and to steer their conduct for what was regarded beneficial to society in those days. It is not an ethical work, nor does it have a timeless moral. That is why the Jews were smart enough to make the interpretation of it (The Talmud) more important. If you understand the time bound nature of the Torah than you can create interpretations fitting the new times.
Christianity and Islam reject this approach and so they are stuck with a bronze age moral. In the future Psychiatrists will recognize Christianity and Islam as a by indoctrination induced mental disorder, I am sure of that.
Homosexuality is a preference like any taste. You can have this from birth or you can also acquire it, like other preferences. The discussion is typically binary thinking, one or the other. But nature is not binary, only logic projects this on reality with its "Law of the excluded. middle". The discussion is nonsensical as homosexuality between consenting adults harms no one, except an imaginary figure.
It's called Reaction Formation in psychology

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#546761 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you are one of the gracious Christians posting here and usually gauge your words carefully. In private, do you perhaps chuckle at gay jokes? To the homosexual, such jokes have little humor. The same standard applies to ethnic jokes ..
.. we are all members of the human species and it's my contention that the bible endorses and promotes separation of people based on race, class or sexual orientation. This is unacceptable ..
.. your thoughts ??..
Hello HL. No, I don't. I do not find humor in making fun of anyone. Unless it is yourself. Doing so is acting like you are better than the person(s) being mocked. Also, I also agree with what you said in another post. Context is important as is the person telling the joke. A mean spirited person who tries to make themselves look good by belittling someone else is not funny IMO.
None of us are perfect, and all of us have something about our self that is different. That doesn't make it OK to make fun of us. And just because you have a group of people singing your praises for mocking someone else, still doesn't make it right. I don't like hurting and I don't like others being hurt. There is enough hurt in the world. I would rather see healing and lifting people up than I would hurting and tearing people down.
I respect your right to your opinion. But there is nothing in the Bible that endorses or promotes separation of race, or class. Sexual orientation? I don't see sexual orientation in the Bible at all. The Bible does say that homosexuality is a sin. And so too is adultery etc, etc, etc. I have lusted after women since I was a very little boy. And not a woman, but most all women. And I still do if I allow myself to dwell on it. Temptation is not a sin. Acting on it, and feeding that temptation is. I know that you don't agree with me on this. And I respect that. But, your opinion is not my opinion nor visa versa. As I told a Lieutenant in the Marine Corp, when I die I have to answer for my action, not you or the Marine Corp. I still feel that way and because I do, I repect others feeling the same way. We each can give our opinion. But, it is the individual that has make their own choice. Just some of my thoughts on the matter :)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#546762 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
You are NOT giving a good comparison of ABNORMAL or UNNATURAL, using a handicapped person!!, whether it be deaf mute, no feet no arms etc--- they KNOW after seeing their parents and others when they grow up in age, that they are NOT like them, they find out they are HANDICAPPED and they were BORn with this defect.
Being BORN with this DEFECT---they know how to use other senses to LIVE a NORMAL life! They still know and realize they are DIFFERENT, and did not CHOOSE to be this way --(handicapped).
HL , you think you are so SMART--but you are so silly and CORNEY on a LOT of subjects!!! You are the one that needs to GROW UP!
YOU try to act like a teenager , and yet you probaly are in your 60's!!
.. if you think a blind or deaf person is abnormal or unnatural, you can join the other idiots on this topic because you are wrong ..

.. handicaps are defects? That's unadulterated hogwash coming from someone who probably doesn't resent my position in this matter as much as he resents me. You even agree that handicap people compensate ..

.. it's really quite simple: being born with a handicap makes a person different, not unnatural, abnormal or defective ..

GROW UP

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#546763 Jun 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe heaven is just a form of operant condition, very close to positive reinforcement, it is the promise of reward especially a perpetual award that influences people to gravitate toward religion. I was reading about operant conditioning several years ago and made the connection. The treat of eternal damnation and eternal punishment is the threat of positive punishment. There can only be the promise of positive reinforcement and the threat of positive punishment when dealing with the metaphysical that is religions.
Exactly. In reality, why should after I die be any different than before I was born?

Location hidden

#546764 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. there's a difference between calling someone abnormal and saying something is abnormal ..
.. blindness and deafness are abnormal human conditions. They do NOT make a person abnormal or unnatural ..
.. get it ??..
I absolutely get it! I'm getting more deaf as the years go on, that's not normal, I'm ok with that.

Besides, normal is boring ;)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#546765 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you think a blind or deaf person is abnormal or unnatural, you can join the other idiots on this topic because you are wrong ..
.. handicaps are defects? That's unadulterated hogwash coming from someone who probably doesn't resent my position in this matter as much as he resents me. You even agree that handicap people compensate ..
.. it's really quite simple: being born with a handicap makes a person different, not unnatural, abnormal or defective ..
GROW UP
BOYIE! you do not read very good---I did NOT say that blind or deaf mute or born with no feet, arms were ABNORMAL or UNNATURAL!!!!

They are BORN HANDICAPPED and learn to use other senses to LIVE a NORMAL life with this DEFECT.

Stop using the HANDICAPPED person for ABNORMAL OR UNNATURAL .
First off---they did have an ABNORMALITY DEFECT within the womb to happen (science tells you this!)---they CAN live a NORMAL life.

Ole woman---act your age.

Location hidden

#546766 Jun 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Who made you the arbiter of what is good and bad? I think you're doing bad right now.
<quoted text>
"I say it is better to stand alone, offending the many"
Here is that Christian separatism and exceptionalism again. You have it in your head that you are somehow righteous because you have chosen some dogma, isolated yourself from the majority, and insulted us with it. You're not.
"The many are not the judge of your heart. And the judge of your heart could care less about the opinions of the many."
You're disconnected and lost. The many couldn't care less about your judgment.
What are you rambling on about now? I am not the arbiter of what is good and bad. I have never said anything like that, or thought it, or believe it. And I would correct anyone that would try to make me such. I am not qualified. You came up with that one completely out of your head. Again trying to make a big deal out of something from of your imagination.
That's your right to think I am doing something bad. But it is not something I am concerned with.
The many couldn't care less about my judgment? I didn't give a judgment. I gave an opinion. And I would agree that the many couldn't care less about my opinion either. But it seems you do.
Try to not get so worked up IANS. It can't be good for your health.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#546767 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
GROW UP
http://youtu.be/GSayMXTaQY8

Was this guy born normal?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546768 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Why not? because YHWH commanded his servant to write that YHWH forbids it, that why not.<quoted text>I disagree. Why? because YHWH says no. So what you going to do next? Some parts of U.S Society already say you can go lay down in bed with a man and be intimate like a man and a woman. So what else you want? for Christians to say it OK?
Not this Christian. Is a perversion and an abomination before YHWH God and I as a Christian believe YHWH going to damn and destroy you soul for eternity for it. You not care? that cool, go enjoy it. But me as a Christian you know my view.
You have the right to be wrong.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#546769 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
An AMAZING story! Everyone please watch that link.

With Established Harem

#546770 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
BOYIE! you do not read very good---I did NOT say that blind or deaf mute or born with no feet, arms were ABNORMAL or UNNATURAL!!!!
They are BORN HANDICAPPED and learn to use other senses to LIVE a NORMAL life with this DEFECT.
Stop using the HANDICAPPED person for ABNORMAL OR UNNATURAL .
First off---they did have an ABNORMALITY DEFECT within the womb to happen (science tells you this!)---they CAN live a NORMAL life.
Ole woman---act your age.
.. OK, we're there ..

.. my frustration is a result of Trifecta and Skom claiming a handicapped individual was abnormal or unnatural ..

.. you have now separated the person from the handicap and I'm in full agreement with you ..

Location hidden

#546771 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, that guys awesome.

I wonder what happened, though, after he dove in the pool....

Location hidden

#546772 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
BOYIE NOT ABNORMAL UNNATURAL BORN HANDICAPPED LIVE NORMAL DEFECT HANDICAPPED ABNORMAL OR UNNATURAL ABNORMALITY DEFECT CAN NORMAL
lol

Location hidden

#546773 Jun 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to be wrong.
You have the right to be frisked.

Full cavity search.

Lemme go find Officer HL.

With Established Harem

#546774 Jun 14, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
.. he was born with an abnormality. That does not make him abnormal ..

.. looks like he considers himself a happy, normal individual capable of achieving a quality life ..

.. we're pretty much in agreement now. At this point, it's just a matter of verbiage ..

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#546775 Jun 14, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but I'd say the vast majority of Brits aren't too good on geography either.

Probably not quite as bad as most Americans, though.
What about all the other subjects?
Like common sense, rationality, logic, et cetera?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546776 Jun 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the right to be frisked.
Full cavity search.
Lemme go find Officer HL.
Make sure she brings the cuffs.

Location hidden

#546777 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. he was born with an abnormality. That does not make him abnormal ..
.. looks like he considers himself a happy, normal individual capable of achieving a quality life ..
.. we're pretty much in agreement now. At this point, it's just a matter of verbiage ..
Officer HL, Officer HL! I have (hot) female suspect in custody. I need a female officer to give her a good friskin'. I want you to double- and triple- check her various cavities for paraphernalia.

I was gonna cuff her, but she already did that herself....

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#546778 Jun 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
A better analogy would be a car with a right side steering wheel and a car with a left side steering wheel, both cars still have the same basic functions. The car with the left side steering wheel would seem abnormal, but it fact it is not missing anything or without anything. Homosexuals are not not missing a sexual orientation that just have a different sexual orientation.
Well said, please stay around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 743,923
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Tim Osman 118,294
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min confrinting with ... 545,098
Is it time for Muslim Internment Camps? 8 min Kid_Tomorrow 14
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 11 min Doctor REALITY 25
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Catcher1 228,577
Cooking club 15 min Kid_Tomorrow 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Pegasus 260,199
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Hot Top 2020 979
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE