“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#546711 Jun 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course it can. Hire an editor. It's just a book.
Well go live outside the laws of that book. it's just your soul <shrugs>

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#546713 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
S'up?
:)
You forgot DAWG....

You gotta beef wit me? Why you tryin ta keep us bruthaz down, yo?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546714 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I don't a shit how you view my sex life ..
GROW UP
I like to view it up close.
Toby

Portland, OR

#546715 Jun 14, 2013
Reliable sources and factual evidence are usually backed by empirical evidence, it's comical the way most competent people demand reliable sources, yet when it comes to religion all they need is some antiquated polygamous patriarchs writings, mix in some excellent myths, and base it all on allegories and parables and voila, holy writ.

So when people say " it's written in the Bible and the Bible is right" they aren't saying much.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#546716 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only sex allowed by your God is when a married man and woman do so with the intention of having a baby?
What a sad, dour, joyless religion.
My doctor is a woman and yesterday I had a prostate exam.
It was the best date I have had in a while.
Didn't get a kiss good-bye, though.

Talk about mixed messages. LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#546717 Jun 14, 2013
Well stop bringing your sex life on the billboard if you no care
[QUOTE who="Happy Lesbo"]<quoted text>
.. when did I make the giant leap from blind and deaf to sex? That was YOU ..
.. being born blind or deaf is natural and normal for a person born without hearing or sight ..
GROW UP
But they are not normal. If you think a blind or deaf person, living without two of their major senses in this world is as normal as people born into a world built for the function of all five senses, then you just stupid. And there is no fixing stupid.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#546718 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. when did I make the giant leap from blind and deaf to sex? That was YOU ..
.. being born blind or deaf is natural and normal for a person born without hearing or sight ..
GROW UP
I was born wihtout wings. I find it quite normal. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to fly though.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#546719 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How would that exclude gay people?
This isn't something I like talking, especially with someone who is gay, as my attitude is very much live and let live when it comes to this. I would also vote for gay marriage as this in not a theocracy and I feel Christians lost all rights to marriage when they included secular rights to it. And i think in a country where people marry for money or insurance or on TV for money or can order their bride through the mail is a country that has no right to suddenly claim sanctity of marriage. But with that said the Bible views the act of homosexuality as a sin

Now I would think the argument would be why compound the sin by encouraging non-committed sex. Although someone else might say why approve a sin so someone doesn't sin more?

So that's why I have no problem with people who abstain from voting. I would vote for it for the reasons listed as I feel it is not my place to force my religious requirements on someone else so long as they aren't hurting anyone

But that's pretty much all the different sides to it

I personally have no problem with two people who love each other engaging in an adult, consensual committed relationship.

Then again I have no problem beating someone up who slaps my girlfriend even if they no longer pose a threat

Point being I don't claim my morality is universal. But what I do legally anyway is between me and God and the same should be for others

(T) Peace

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#546720 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus says love thy neighbor. so obviously everyone should love. But just because a man love another they can't go lay down in bed with each other like a man and woman and think it right.
Why not? Gay people love just like everyone else, they want to have relationships just like everyone else. Two men who love each other can be emotionally intimate and that's fine. Why can't a male couple who love each other and want to be physically intimate within their marriage be able to do so in exactly the same way as their straight married neighbors?

San Francisco

#546721 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>marriage is between a man and a woman.
Only? By what rationale?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#546722 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting point. Why did God only start with a single pair? Who would necessarily need to be incestuous?
That is actually kind of an assumption as well

The Bible only states they were the first man and woman, God could have created more

Yes we are all descendants of Adam but that could simply mean because he was the first man

Then again I think it is metaphorical

San Francisco

#546723 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well stop bringing your sex life on the billboard if you no care <quoted text>But they are not normal. If you think a blind or deaf person, living without two of their major senses in this world is as normal as people born into a world built for the function of all five senses, then you just stupid. And there is no fixing stupid.
A blind or deaf person just experiences the world differently than you do. In many ways they might experience more things than you. So where do you get off saying they are flawed? They are just different.

Birds can fly, yet you can't, does that make you flawed, because you can't experience what they do?
Toby

Portland, OR

#546724 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well stop bringing your sex life on the billboard if you no care <quoted text>But they are not normal. If you think a blind or deaf person, living without two of their major senses in this world is as normal as people born into a world built for the function of all five senses, then you just stupid. And there is no fixing stupid.
Homosexuals are not born without anything, they have a sexual orientation, just a different one then heterosexuals have, the blind man analogy is erroneous on many levels. Factually homosexuality has existed for millions of years, it is as "normal" whatever you mean by normal, as heterosexuality. I don't understand it and never will but I'm not hardwired to understand it, but that doesn't mean I should pass some kind of moral value judgement on it based on some mythical religious beliefs.

San Francisco

#546725 Jun 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course it can. Hire an editor. It's just a book.
The Bible has already been edited many times.

To begin with, Martin Luther edited seven whole books out of the Catholic Bible to make the Protestant one.

So why did God allow a flawed Bible to be circulated for over a thousand years? Or is the Protestant Bible the one which is flawed?

San Francisco

#546726 Jun 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born wihtout wings. I find it quite normal. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to fly though.
Trust me, it's highly overrated. Especially in coach.

;)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#546727 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible has already been edited many times.
To begin with, Martin Luther edited seven whole books out of the Catholic Bible to make the Protestant one.
So why did God allow a flawed Bible to be circulated for over a thousand years? Or is the Protestant Bible the one which is flawed?
Better yet, why did God allow a couple hundred Christian texts to circulate for 300 years before he had Constantine make the Bible and burn all other books ?

Must be the same reason that "returning soon" is taking 2000 years.

San Francisco

#546728 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't something I like talking, especially with someone who is gay, as my attitude is very much live and let live when it comes to this. I would also vote for gay marriage as this in not a theocracy and I feel Christians lost all rights to marriage when they included secular rights to it.
That's very fair.
Point being I don't claim my morality is universal. But what I do legally anyway is between me and God and the same should be for others
(T) Peace
That's fine. I just don't see what the rationalization is that a committed straight couple's romantic/sexual relationship is any different than the same relationship with two gay people. There is absolutely no difference except for the genitals of the two people involved. It makes no sense to me to discriminate between the two.
Toby

Portland, OR

#546729 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't something I like talking, especially with someone who is gay, as my attitude is very much live and let live when it comes to this. I would also vote for gay marriage as this in not a theocracy and I feel Christians lost all rights to marriage when they included secular rights to it. And i think in a country where people marry for money or insurance or on TV for money or can order their bride through the mail is a country that has no right to suddenly claim sanctity of marriage. But with that said the Bible views the act of homosexuality as a sin
Now I would think the argument would be why compound the sin by encouraging non-committed sex. Although someone else might say why approve a sin so someone doesn't sin more?
So that's why I have no problem with people who abstain from voting. I would vote for it for the reasons listed as I feel it is not my place to force my religious requirements on someone else so long as they aren't hurting anyone
But that's pretty much all the different sides to it
I personally have no problem with two people who love each other engaging in an adult, consensual committed relationship.
Then again I have no problem beating someone up who slaps my girlfriend even if they no longer pose a threat
(T) Peace
The sanctity of marriage reminds me of Newt Gingrich babbling on about the sanctity of marriage while asking his dying wife for an open marriage, the Bible belt is replete with the most outrageous religious hypocrites in America, while the rest of the silly Bible thumpers give a hardy , Amen!

San Francisco

#546730 Jun 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are not born without anything, they have a sexual orientation, just a different one then heterosexuals have, the blind man analogy is erroneous on many levels. Factually homosexuality has existed for millions of years, it is as "normal" whatever you mean by normal, as heterosexuality. I don't understand it and never will but I'm not hardwired to understand it, but that doesn't mean I should pass some kind of moral value judgement on it based on some mythical religious beliefs.
Exactly. Bravo!

San Francisco

#546731 Jun 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, why did God allow a couple hundred Christian texts to circulate for 300 years before he had Constantine make the Bible and burn all other books ?
Must be the same reason that "returning soon" is taking 2000 years.
OK, you probably know more about this than I do, hence the question:

Wasn't the canon of the Bible dictated by the councils of Nicea? Did Constantine enter into that? How was the canon formed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 560,470
Scientific proof for God's existence 4 min killedjoe 49
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Edthirty 265,450
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 6 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,477
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min killedjoe 4,896
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 778,334
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 20 min Hatti_Hollerand 99
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr risque 137
More from around the web