“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#546700 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what you meant:)
But you can't expect me to let TWO 'get a room' type jokes go uncontested!
LOL
True dat.

Um......yo.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546701 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Society can say BAM! it's fine to anything. Society can say [BAM!--marry your dog.] Society can't change what God calls evil, good. Every person in society will have to answer to YHWH. So just because society say you can do it you think it fine---go right on ahead writer.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> Society can't change what God calls evil, good.
Of course it can. Hire an editor. It's just a book.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#546702 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because something is natural and normal to someone..DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.
<quoted text>
.. so, being born blind or deaf is wrong ??.
Or even flawed?

I know I ranted about this before, but I gotta say it again.

Someone born blind is not flawed, they just experience the world differently that someone who can see. All of us have limited perceptions. There are many animals who have far better eyesight than humans do. Does that make humans flawed?

Likewise, someone born gay is no more flawed than a left-handed person is. They just experience the world differently.

People seem to mix up what is common vs. what is "normal". No one is in a majority in all things: we all belong to minorities by one definition or other. We all experience the world differently. No one has the right to judge another person's experience of the world as better or worse than theirs. It's just different. Judge not.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#546703 Jun 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sky -God obviously couldn't create many humans at once, he could create an entire Universe but he couldn't create more that two people in the beginning, which leaves me wondering about the immediate need for incest to procreate, and what in hell was the land of Nod?
I also take from your post that when I have sex in the future I should do it to honor God, it should be planting a flag on a mountain top in the name of a nation, " I perform this Cunnilingus in the name of Sky-God, all hail Sky-God !"
I generally don't respond to posters I don't know

Especially when they ask questions that I don't know how anyone could have based on my post

But I am feeling friendly and will make an exception

I believe Genesis is metaphorical. Just like Revelations is about visions or Isaiah is about prophesy or Psalms is about prayers. Some books follow themes

And what I said is I don't think having sex with someone you love dishonors God. And if God joined the marriage I can't see any objection to two people making love. Just so long as the focus of our physical desires do not outweigh our spiritual obligations. When we stat focusing on our physical wants and needs more than God or put them ahead of God is when it is considered a problem. It is never said we can't do anything we take pleasure from

when the Bible talks about giving way to the flesh it means sinning

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546704 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:

.. I don't a shit how you view my sex life ..
Tonto say you miss word.

Location hidden

#546705 Jun 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
True dat.
Um......yo.
S'up?

:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#546706 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't God be just as OK marrying gay people as straight people?
marriage is between a man and a woman.

San Francisco

#546707 Jun 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Sky -God obviously couldn't create many humans at once, he could create an entire Universe but he couldn't create more that two people in the beginning, which leaves me wondering about the immediate need for incest to procreate
That's an interesting point. Why did God only start with a single pair? Who would necessarily need to be incestuous?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546708 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Moreover, let's go back to your previous comment about sex and love (which are two entirely different things). Do you really think that only straight people are capable of loving each other? Surely not.
Jesus says love thy neighbor. so obviously everyone should love. But just because a man love another they can't go lay down in bed with each other like a man and woman and think it right.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546709 Jun 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Mark sure is one confused dude, ain't he ?
I feel bad for him.

They only allow 4,000 characters per post...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546711 Jun 14, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Of course it can. Hire an editor. It's just a book.
Well go live outside the laws of that book. it's just your soul <shrugs>

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#546713 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
S'up?
:)
You forgot DAWG....

You gotta beef wit me? Why you tryin ta keep us bruthaz down, yo?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546714 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
GROW UP
I like to view it up close.
Toby

Portland, OR

#546715 Jun 14, 2013
Reliable sources and factual evidence are usually backed by empirical evidence, it's comical the way most competent people demand reliable sources, yet when it comes to religion all they need is some antiquated polygamous patriarchs writings, mix in some excellent myths, and base it all on allegories and parables and voila, holy writ.

So when people say " it's written in the Bible and the Bible is right" they aren't saying much.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#546716 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So the only sex allowed by your God is when a married man and woman do so with the intention of having a baby?
What a sad, dour, joyless religion.
My doctor is a woman and yesterday I had a prostate exam.
It was the best date I have had in a while.
Didn't get a kiss good-bye, though.

Talk about mixed messages. LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#546717 Jun 14, 2013
Well stop bringing your sex life on the billboard if you no care
[QUOTE who="Happy Lesbo"]<quoted text>
.. when did I make the giant leap from blind and deaf to sex? That was YOU ..
.. being born blind or deaf is natural and normal for a person born without hearing or sight ..
GROW UP
But they are not normal. If you think a blind or deaf person, living without two of their major senses in this world is as normal as people born into a world built for the function of all five senses, then you just stupid. And there is no fixing stupid.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#546718 Jun 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. when did I make the giant leap from blind and deaf to sex? That was YOU ..
.. being born blind or deaf is natural and normal for a person born without hearing or sight ..
GROW UP
I was born wihtout wings. I find it quite normal. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to fly though.

Location hidden

#546719 Jun 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How would that exclude gay people?
This isn't something I like talking, especially with someone who is gay, as my attitude is very much live and let live when it comes to this. I would also vote for gay marriage as this in not a theocracy and I feel Christians lost all rights to marriage when they included secular rights to it. And i think in a country where people marry for money or insurance or on TV for money or can order their bride through the mail is a country that has no right to suddenly claim sanctity of marriage. But with that said the Bible views the act of homosexuality as a sin

Now I would think the argument would be why compound the sin by encouraging non-committed sex. Although someone else might say why approve a sin so someone doesn't sin more?

So that's why I have no problem with people who abstain from voting. I would vote for it for the reasons listed as I feel it is not my place to force my religious requirements on someone else so long as they aren't hurting anyone

But that's pretty much all the different sides to it

I personally have no problem with two people who love each other engaging in an adult, consensual committed relationship.

Then again I have no problem beating someone up who slaps my girlfriend even if they no longer pose a threat

Point being I don't claim my morality is universal. But what I do legally anyway is between me and God and the same should be for others

(T) Peace

San Francisco

#546720 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus says love thy neighbor. so obviously everyone should love. But just because a man love another they can't go lay down in bed with each other like a man and woman and think it right.
Why not? Gay people love just like everyone else, they want to have relationships just like everyone else. Two men who love each other can be emotionally intimate and that's fine. Why can't a male couple who love each other and want to be physically intimate within their marriage be able to do so in exactly the same way as their straight married neighbors?

San Francisco

#546721 Jun 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>marriage is between a man and a woman.
Only? By what rationale?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min Pegasus 267,614
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Religionthebiglie 797,009
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 6 min eyeful 33
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Concerned in Brasil 568,661
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 42 min cheer the f up 120,778
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 57 min Student 39,400
Newest Android Phones 57 min jack webber 1
Scientific proof for God's existence 7 hr let your brother rip 647
More from around the web