Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#546559 Jun 14, 2013
_Alice_ wrote:
How did Khan transport himself to Qo'noS from Earth?
Tide with Beach wrote:
That's a long way to go for sub sandwich.
"We love the subs"

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#546560 Jun 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"We love the subs"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aZrks-BPeLQXX
Let's play "Worst Spokesperson of All Time"

Eat our Burritos. They're the shit.

Fennario

#546561 Jun 14, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Don't do that. You've taught me how to stay on track with topics, I ask you to do the same.
Don't do what? Ask you to make your case? You claimed that I took scripture out of context. I assume that you meant that in so doing, I caused the reader to get a false impression of what the writer intended. In the literal sense, any time we reproduce less than the entire bible, we are removing the part we quote from the surrounding context. That is only meaningful if it changes the apparent meaning of the words.

I pointed out to you that merely saying that something was taken out of context is an insufficient rebuttal. You need to demonstrate how the removal of some of the surrounding text misrepresents the original intent of the author.

How is that not staying on topic? That I asked you to explain yourself rather than just accept your judgment?

Fennario

#546562 Jun 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You took Matthew out of context to artificially advance your argument and I'd like to know why.
And I've asked you to show me what you mean. Show me what you think is artificial about what I did, and I will explain it to you.

What you need to do is show us what I posted, and then juxtapose it beside what I posted with whatever relevant context you think was removed restored. If you can't do that, I have nothing to say except that you haven't made your case, and that I reject your claim.

Here is the scripture that you claim has been removed from relevant context:

"I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." - Matthew 16:28

And here is an example of a pastor doing what I did: citing that scripture without including any of the rest of the chapter. Is he taking the words out of context as well? Is he misunderstanding or misrepresenting your bible as you imply I am?:
http://pastormark.tv/2012/02/16/tough-text-th...
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#546563 Jun 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for admitting your lack of knowledge. Here are the main elements of the Messiah concept in Judaism :
"The mashiach will be a great political leader descended from King David (Jeremiah 23:5). The mashiach is often referred to as "mashiach ben David" (mashiach, son of David). He will be well-versed in Jewish law, and observant of its commandments (Isaiah 11:2-5). He will be a charismatic leader, inspiring others to follow his example. He will be a great military leader, who will win battles for Israel. He will be a great judge, who makes righteous decisions (Jeremiah 33:15). But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demi-god or other supernatural being.
It has been said that in every generation, a person is born with the potential to be the mashiach. If the time is right for the messianic age within that person's lifetime, then that person will be the mashiach. But if that person dies before he completes the mission of the mashiach, then that person is not the mashiach."
More here:
http://www.jewfaq.org/mashiach.htm
It should be noted that a "Messiah" is never mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures (OT). It is a Jewish invention/hope/belief/doctrine .
The attributes of Messiah were also fulfilled by Herod the Great with the building of the Second temple and even fulfilled by the Persian king Cyrus the Great, who returned the Jews to Judea in 538 BC.
I think you missed some important points, but I will explain that later, but for now:

What the difference do you make between a Jew and Hebrew?
Was Jesus a Jew or a Hebrew?
Ashamed

United States

#546564 Jun 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
I am saddened when I read much of the posters here in the thread.

Then Truths writes this.

Truths wrote:
We look to be directed into helping folks such as you.

Put a Label on people such as you. HUH
Taking a cheap shot at other posters because you as a Christian are
Better than them. Yeah brag on God (Truths)

Fennario

#546565 Jun 14, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
One person sees something that is bad. And says that it is bad, offending many that do the bad. Another person sees that same something bad. And says nothing. Gaining the praise of the many that do the bad. Is it better to stand alone for good, or is it better to stand with the crowd for bad?
Who made you the arbiter of what is good and bad? I think you're doing bad right now.
Which is better? The person who tries to do what is right, but looks foolish because they don't know what they are doing because they have more to learn.
Or, The person who does nothing even though they know what to do.
I say it is better to stand alone, offending the many, doing the best you can even if it makes you look foolish. The many are not the judge of your heart. And the judge of your heart could care less about the opinions of the many.
"I say it is better to stand alone, offending the many"

Here is that Christian separatism and exceptionalism again. You have it in your head that you are somehow righteous because you have chosen some dogma, isolated yourself from the majority, and insulted us with it. You're not.

"The many are not the judge of your heart. And the judge of your heart could care less about the opinions of the many."

You're disconnected and lost. The many couldn't care less about your judgment.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#546566 Jun 14, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Was Jesus a Jew or a Hebrew?
In the end, he was a piñata.

Shut up and hit the donkey with the big stick that you were handed. Do you want candy or not?

Tehee Candor

“A Time for laughter and ...”

A Time to be candid.

#546567 Jun 14, 2013
Good Morning

Why Should Jesus Love Me?...

I wondered this morning that very question. Why should He love me? Is Jesus obligated to love me? Is that a ridiculous question? I don't pretend to have all the answers. I know what I believe and I just try to learn more and increase my faith.

I'll be honest, there are days ... I'm weak and I have to force myself occasionally to remember that in my weakness He is there. If only I will let go and Let God.

Dear Jesus, I thank you for touching me, loving me and that You made it possible for a sinner as I am (once was) to know Salvation.

Peace and Good Will to you all.

PS, I apologize I didn't come back and look to see if there were notes left for me. I saw all the spam and I just didn't think to come back as my time is busy and I don't have much time to indulge in play. Thanks

Tehee Candor

A Time to be candid.

#546568 Jun 14, 2013
Hello
Ashamed wrote:
Truths wrote:
Then Truths writes this.
Truths wrote:
I'm confused with how this is put together. Did Truth make it sound as if ...?

Folks such as ... us,... want to love on all others and we want to share the good news as we know it to be. Some Christians indeed get up on their high horses and appear to act superior, but in our hearts (those of faithful followers of Jesus) we know better. We have a zeal to share and some actually think they want to help SAVE, but we know ... free will doesn't allow us that authority. Peace :)

Tehee Candor

A Time to be candid.

#546569 Jun 14, 2013
Dear me, now I don't know how to get back where I was. These pages most certainly do move fast.

Good morning It Aint Necessarily So.

I'll be going now. Have a nice day.:)

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#546570 Jun 14, 2013
3 score and half year ago wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Ask in Jesus' name to stop China from making and importing household and homegoods products.
You mean sending them here to the USA ?

First- people would have to quit demanding their products.

People are the problem- Bot Jesus .

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#546571 Jun 14, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Deb
Just waving HI
(c:

Waving HI back (((((Steve)))))))

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#546572 Jun 14, 2013
NOT Jesus----

Fennario

#546573 Jun 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Ethnic joke time:
A photojournalist doing a piece about urban life runs across a couple of African-American ladies on the streets and asks one of them for permission to shoot some photos of them, which she gives. Her girlfriend notices him adjusting his camera, and asks her friend, "What's he doing?"
"He's trying to focus."
"Bofus?"
<quoted text>
Why does it have to be an "Ethnic joke"? Why does it have to be African-American ladies?
I stand corrected. Let's change the joke:

A photojournalist doing a piece about WASP women runs across Barbara Bush and the queen of England on the streets and asks the Bush matron for permission to shoot some photos of them, which she gives. Her Majesty notices him adjusting his camera, and asks the former First Lady, "What's he doing?"

"He's trying to focus."

"Bofus?"

==========

Better?

Fennario

#546574 Jun 14, 2013
Mark wrote:
It is in the fable:
Matthew 18: 19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
I'm guessing that you're going to be told that you took this out of context.

Fennario

#546575 Jun 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Are you familiar with Ebonics?
Whatchu talkin''bout, Willis? Fo' shizzle my nizzle!

[I bet I'm about to be called a racist again.]

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#546576 Jun 14, 2013
Ashamed wrote:
Truths wrote:
Then Truths writes this.
Truths wrote:
Christians are supposed to behave Christlike- non Christians would also gain by behaving Christlike~ Yet- we do not set a good example.

Fennario

#546577 Jun 14, 2013
My two daughters are African-American young ladies and I resent them being portrayed as ignorant and whores.
Sorry.

I've taken care of that. It's now Barbara Bush and Queen Elizabeth II that are depicted as the ign'ant ho's. Better?

Tehee Candor

A Time to be candid.

#546578 Jun 14, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean sending them here to the USA ?
First- people would have to quit demanding their products.
People are the problem- Bot Jesus .
AMEN!

I found my place back there, so I thought I would drop one more for the time being.

Thanks for that TRUTH!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Jim-ca 2,500
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Bongo 118,971
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 4 hr Wanckerty 59
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr diseases 546
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 5 hr reparations 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Phooey 678,912
Canned pet food contains parasites 8 hr Purina Is Evil 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr _KENTUCKY 982,135
More from around the web