Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#544386 Jun 8, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
....Just because I pointed out your hypocrisy of judging and condemning Skom while turning a blind eye and condoning what those like Lacey and Ian say in their attacks against God and his Word (which is exactly what you've been doing) doesn't mean I've posted anything against Grace.....
Grace is doing exactly what the Bible says to do. Confront fellow believers and turn your back on unbelievers.

You should read the Bible before it si too late, John.
You VIPER

Brooklyn, NY

#544387 Jun 8, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What a contemptible fool Skombolis is. He argues addiction vs. dependence with a board certified hospice physician, and Miranda rights with a prominent attorney.
Buck Crick was the same, adding an argument about infinity with a PhD mathematician to his CV of hubris.
And both of these people live failed lives characterized by substance abuse, violent crime, prison time, and doing unskilled, entry level work midway through their potentially most productive years.
I guess that you don't find that as outrageous as I do, or if you do, you don't express it.
Speaking of hubris, this entire post of yours is laced with it.
Who the hell are YOU to say that they have lived "failed lives?"
You criticize intolerance, and yet you do the same thing. You viper! You hypocrite!

Your board certification means nothing. Not when you act the way you do. Why did you choose pain management? No need to answer. I already know the answer. It's easier than actually treating the symptoms. The perks are great from the pharmaceutical industry. Dinners, vacations, money, etc. All to physicians who push their product. Legalized drug dealing. Plain and simple. And the biggest category of drug abused by patients AND physicians? Pain management meds.

And here's a website that tells about these practices. Ironic that it's an atheism website.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/phil/bl...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#544388 Jun 8, 2013
You'll always be free to worship privately without being bothered, and even publicly if you don't mind scorn and ridicule. Do you need more religious freedom than that?
Skombolis wrote:
scorn and ridicule from whom?
The growing body of unbelievers. As our numbers grow, we will become increasingly vocal about and averse to religion. I expect that we are on a learning curve now, one that began with people being accustomed to having to show deference to religion either with silence or with overly polite language.

You like to think that nothing is being accomplished by discussions like these, but you are obviously wrong. Unbelievers appear to be learning to step up and take no-nonsense stands regarding the problems caused by religion. All you need to do is look at this thread to see the evolution. Look at Lacez, for example. Look at how much his demeanor has changed since his arrival. Even our kindest and gentlest posters are becoming more impatient and more critical of public Christianity.

Can you extrapolate? What do you think that it will be like for belligerent, outspoken Christians like the ones we see here in ten, twenty, and thirty years from now? I'll bet they have to shut up or suffer scorn and ridicule, just like atheists, gays, the Klan and NAMBLA.

That's what social stigma does: it closets those not willing to deal with the blow back. I am aware of two closets that should be avalaible for occupancy in the near future, and they aren't the Klan and NAMBLA closets.

And the ugliest of you are our helpers in this. Why would Lacez have evolved without people like LAWEST to share his contemptible religion with us, and people like me to encourage him to respond with contempt and indignation?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#544389 Jun 8, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha.
You tell us that, before we "outsiders" entered this thread, it was such a nice place for believers to discuss and share their beliefs, in a cooperative manner.
Is this the sort of thing you meant?
Cause, like wow.
Back in the day there were many more inter-faith "knife fights" and a couple full scale wars.

Without unbelievers here they turn on each other.

I like both spectacles.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#544390 Jun 8, 2013
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images of any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth:thou shalt not bow down to thyself to them nor serve them:for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me:and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#544391 Jun 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So now Jesus is made from clay.
You can't keep your story straight.
People that don't believe in magic don't believe Genesis either you moron.
Then God looked into Mary's vagina, and behold, it was very good.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#544392 Jun 8, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven images of any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,or that is in the earth beneath,or that is in the water under the earth:thou shalt not bow down to thyself to them nor serve them:for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me:and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me and keep My commandments.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.
Ooops

http://ebachan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#544393 Jun 8, 2013
Morning !!!

“People do not quit playing because they grow old;
they grow old because they quit playing.”

~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

Thought for the day

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#544394 Jun 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! About the chin thing..... I thought we'd already discussed that.....!:)
Just kidding Al. It's quite becoming.

;-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#544395 Jun 8, 2013
Today's Prayer

Great are you Lord, and most worthy of praise. You are a mighty fortress. I clap my hands and sing praises of joy before you, most awesome Lord on high. I know that you, God, reign over the nations and you, God, are seated on your holy throne. And from that throne you may speak words of vengeance or words of protection, and it is done. May you be exalted. Please protect your people and help us to be united for you as we live and minister to one another in this world. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#544396 Jun 8, 2013
Encouraging Words....

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8

K-Love

Location hidden

#544397 Jun 8, 2013
Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy,six days thou labor and do all thy work:but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God:in it thou shalt not do any work,thou nor thy son,nor thy daughter,thy manservant,nor thy maidservant,nor thy cattle,nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:for six days the Lord made heaven and earth,the sea and all that in them is and rested the seventh day:wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it.

Honour thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill

Thou shalt not steal

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house thou shalt not covet they neighbour's wife,nor his manservant,nor his maidservant,nor his ox,nor his ass,nor anything that is thy neighbour's.

Fennario

#544398 Jun 8, 2013
Fascinating. I ask again, which of us haven't you called a liar?
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>no misdirection at all. I gave you the reasons and you intentionally deleted them from your response. You are hoping that being in a group of people, many of which lie, that it will somehow make the claim appear less credible. It won't since I have shown where
Fascinating. I ask again, which of us haven't you called a liar?

Your analyses have pretty much been rejected by all of us. I don't care who you think is a liar or why any more. The sheer number of these accusations speaks for itself.

So I ask you once again, which of us haven't you called a liar?

Fennario

#544399 Jun 8, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
7 BILLIONS around this globe,just urinate of take s...
You're just showing off your excellent medical education now, aren't you?

Do you use commas at random?

Location hidden

#544400 Jun 8, 2013
Sorry it double posted.

Fennario

#544401 Jun 8, 2013
mobile7 onp wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey know it all...Christianity isn't something we DO....Its something we RECEIVE
..Christ said to DENY yourself...You can't comprehend exactly what that means, can you?
Le Le can't Pretend to be Something that she didn't do in the first place.
JESUS DID THAT AND SHE ACCEPTED IT...
That's all it took.
If a persons behavior determined whether or not we are a Christian...Then your own behavior speaks loud and clear and that would mean that you Lied as well. You twisted her words to suit your argument and make everyone doubt her but it didn't work..Jesus paid much too high a price for YOU to pick and choose who is a believer..people like YOU are the reason WHY people turn away from God...Most people agree that the Idea of God isn't that bad, Its His followers that they can't stand.
You are right to chastise this vile form of Christian.

Gentler Christians like you, Le-Le, Peace Warrior, RiversideRedneck and blind man benefit from emphasizing the distinction between Christians like yourselves and Christians like the hyena pack - Skombolis, Counter_Strike, Trifecta, Dr. Shrink, LAWEST and perhaps others.

You have an interest in emphasizing the distinctions, and in distancing yourselves from them. You have an interest in it being understood that not all Christians are as vile as those people.

Despite the claims to the contrary, my interest is not in grouping you all together in order to condemn all Christians, but in isolating the vile contingent and silencing them peacefully and democratically. When I say that I want to silence the church, it's not people like you.

Your type hardly has a voice in the public conversation anyway. You don't define public Christianity or Christian political issues such as fighting gay marriage and blaming mass killings in public schools on atheist removing prayer from them. It's people like Dobson, Phelps, Robertson, and when he was alive, Falwell, that do that and who define the public face of Christianity that so many of us want to smack:

[33 second video clip from Airplane]

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#544402 Jun 8, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
RA is a douche.
I like most of the Christians here. I like Skom. I like Riverside Redneck. I absolutely love Epi and PW. Sometimes I like to play with Lil Whispers but I like her too. Even Trifecta makes some sense sometimes. It's not about their religious beliefs to me.
Awww....Give me "Widdle Hug...Missy"

I like pretty much everyone here also....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#544403 Jun 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Good night all. Gotta get up in a few hours. Bring home the bacon and all that.
Peace.
Night All...I like the way you think.....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#544404 Jun 8, 2013
^^^Al not All^^^

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#544405 Jun 8, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people in this nation Mr. Catcher wouldn't care if they had no rights
Great sentence! Let's make it poetry:

Many people
In this nation
Mr. Catcher
Wouldn't care
If they had
No rights.

(adding "at all" would make it even better!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Lyndi 8,252
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min lightbeamrider 124,368
Gay/Bi men in Leeds (Jul '16) 13 min Treg88 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min another viewer 982,475
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr kent 682,157
Perforated Aluminum Plates Company 4 hr kingpanel 1
Wholesale Professional Brushed ACP Sheet 4 hr kingpanel 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 hr onemale 286,505
More from around the web