|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, your ways are not our ways. Sometimes we hurt and don't understand why. Sometimes it seems we cannot go on. But we know that your ways are much higher than ours. Help us to trust You, the God of the universe, as You orchestrate the events of life when they seem the darkest. Thank you, God.
Prime Time with God
Amen

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
My lawyer did impeach his testimony in every way that was possible
A jury of your peers apparently wanted you in prison. Were they all picking on you, or did you belong there?
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.
Hebrews 13:5
K-Love
"be satisfied with what you have"?

While you continue to "pray" for stuff?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
A jury of your peers apparently wanted you in prison. Were they all picking on you, or did you belong there?
Despite the prosecutor getting to the verdict through corrupt means, technically there was a case for exceeding self-defense. I don't regret it as I was protecting people I cared about it. I would explain to you that sometimes you have to bite the bullet and take the consequences, that it is what being a man is about, but i know you wouldn't understand. If you ever had any "friends" you are the type of guy that would leave them to the mercy of others while outnumbered and injured while running away peeing on yourself!

You couldn't be more out for yourself in every area of life. No possible way you put your physical safety at risk for another. Not that you could do much anyway I would imagine or you wouldn't have admitted you probably wouldn't talk to people in real life the way you do on Topix. You are a little man living in fantasy world. Then again I guess i understand, when you leave your fantasy, you are in Mexico!

What would you do if someone physically attacked your wife and burro? Run away? Beg and offer them pesos? You wouldn't fight, that much I guarantee

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jury service is a great experience. People try so damn hard to get out of it, but those who do it universally find it to be a real eye opener, and there's usually great bonding among the jurors.
You're right - I did enjoy it. But then, it was something I'd always fancied having a go at. I'll send a link to the press report.

It helped having a lengthy case like this (approx 120 witnesses) rather than a handful of shorter ones. My wages were paid throughout.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the typical reaction of Christians
Stereotyping, what a surprise

Like I said, you are on your way to becoming IANS

I see you decided not to address the post about you presenting prayer as an either/or option. By this post it would seem you didn't do any thinking either about you want to proceed

You are on the path to becoming an obsessed bigot. Someone who has Christianity on the brain and can't stop talking about it negatively and can no longer distinguish between people as individuals. You will start judging and broad-brushing thousands of millions of people more and more. And your judging will continue to become more negative, less substantiated, and then just blatantly dishonest. You will do or say anything regardless of the ethics so long as the end result is an attempt to make Christianity look bad

When you first started this little crusade, did you ever imagine you would be stereotyping? You obviously an intelligent guy and should understand stereotyping for the ignorant exercise it is.

You should save that post you made to Ians about his own actions. You are gonna need to read it yourself real soon.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

The Thinking Man wrote:
The Gospel of Peter was written in the mid to late 2nd century. It wasn't written by the Apostle Peter. The Gospel of Peter was a gnostic gospel written in the name of Peter to compete with the early Christian movement. Peter had already been dead by 80-100 years before that.
You say that the Apostle Peter never wrote his Gospel as if the other apostles wrote theirs - which, they didn't.
The Thinking Man wrote:
The first witnesses to the empty tomb were women. Mary Magdalene and another woman named Mary. This is attested in all 4 gospels, and is consistent with Jewish burial practices at that time. Men would not have been going to handle the body of Jesus 2 days after He died because handling a dead body was viewed as "unclean" in that culture. As a patriarchal culture, men were viewed as having the chance to go to Heaven, and women were not. So on the Sunday after the Sabbath it was normal that the women would go to the tomb to put spices on Jesus' body. If a Jewish man were to touch a dead body and then die himself before ritual cleaning, it was believed that the man would be "unclean." This explains why women were the first witnesses to the empty tomb and the risen Christ. And this was deeply embarrassing to the early church who very likely clung to their patriarchal prejudices as a matter of habit. Had they not been so strict in their observance of Jewish laws, then men would have been the first to see the empty tomb and the risen Jesus. The accounts of men would have been far more credible if the story was an invention, and yet curiously, Jesus appeared to the women first.
Although you say that the Gospel of Peter came later, that in itself doesn't disprove what his gospel actually says.

Bearing that in mind, you can't be sure that what you're saying is correct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Malone wrote:
<quoted text> Amen
Hey Malone

Good to see you still checking in

(T) Peace

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
Why do monotheist pray to only one God. Because their ego can not accept anyone else above them. And they even kid themselves, they are that God, that they speak his voice, and act his deeds.
It is nonsense to make people pray to any God, but is equally wrong to forbid people doing that because it is something you can relate to. That would be like the colour blind forbidding others to talk about colours.
.. instead of a bouquet of roses glorifying their Master, many Christians on this thread fetch a vase of thorns. They wallow in gloom and doom and eagerly anticipate end times. Why are they so joyless? Is grimness a Christian virtue? Is haughtiness, sarcasm and sometimes downright cruelty an expression of joy and love for their fellow man ..??

.. it seems a gloomy Christian is a contradiction. Isn't a belief in Jesus suppose to fetch fruits of the Spirit including joy, love for your fellow man, kindness and goodness ??..

.. perhaps all the inconsistencies in the Bible create inconsistencies in the believer ??..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**POSTED TO AIN**My orginal post showed where sin orginated 1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil;for the devil sinneth from the beginning.
.. since everyone commits 'sin,' all humanity is of the devil ??..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. instead of a bouquet of roses glorifying their Master, many Christians on this thread fetch a vase of thorns. They wallow in gloom and doom and eagerly anticipate end times. Why are they so joyless? Is grimness a Christian virtue? Is haughtiness, sarcasm and sometimes downright cruelty an expression of joy and love for their fellow man ..??
.. it seems a gloomy Christian is a contradiction. Isn't a belief in Jesus suppose to fetch fruits of the Spirit including joy, love for your fellow man, kindness and goodness ??..
.. perhaps all the inconsistencies in the Bible create inconsistencies in the believer ??..
You are going to talk about haughtiness? The person who just the other day claimed Christians aren't capable of understanding how the world works and best to just let attrition take its course and put the knowledge out there for those capable of understanding?

The irony of your daily hypocrisy is that you don't realize how much it gives away about yourself. You are a text-book example of overcompensation and projection. You run away at the first hint of introspection you always loudly demand others do it. You cover up your daily fears and insecurities with sexual innuendo and talk about others being joyless. You, some who is gay, could even present an argument to support being born gay and instead was making arguments that would convince people of the opposite yet you want to question the ambiguity of the bible?

You are rudderless HL. You are terrified to spent 2 minutes in front of a mirror looking at what you need to fix in yourself. So you puff up your ego with false pride and feelings of superiority and sell yourself lies about others. I guarantee most Christians in this room are generally content with their lives and happy. They aren't so jittery and uncomfortable where any time something personal is asked they start asking everyone around them to have sex because they learned long ago that is a good distraction.

In short

Physician, heal thyself

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. since everyone commits 'sin,' all humanity is of the devil ??..
Allegedly.

According to most of Christian dogma, all humans are evil and need to "believe" everything their religion says or be tortured for eternity by a deity(s).

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

I have come to realize that Satan, being the clever imp he is, must surely realize that torturing souls is exactly what his "arch enemy" wants.
As a result, Satan has made Hell even better than Heaven just to piss off YHWH.

I sure am looking forward to going to Hell.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So homosexuals are animals?
of course

we all are

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are mixing the concepts of "natural", "normal" and "statistical average"
when did you decide to become a heterosexual?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>heterosexual is normal development.
Homosexuality is neither normal or natural and your statistical argument is a farce since there are no scientific evidence homosexuality is biological.
you never responded to the post.

It was too complex for you

after all you are only a christian

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>why not God? Science has even less answers.
ignorance does not create gods.

oh

your a christian

in that case, ignorance does create gods

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Another bare assertion, based in a faith supported belief.
<quoted text> Who told the story?
<quoted text> "They wrote". Remember the 13 hammers?
Why don't you believe in Vishnu? Why don't you believe in Zoroaster and Ahura Mazda?
Why do you dismiss those stories?
When you realize that your own understanding amounts to less that a grain of sand in a universe of information, you realize that you don't know enough to critique people who think, see and understand far beyond this dimension, not only in the physical but the spiritual. Most of you who adopt an atheistic point of view do so because you were taught by another mortal how preposterous the notion of a Supreme Being is. Yet he or she who taught you haven't even begun to scratch the surface when it comes on to the light of knowledge and the great truth.

Tell me now Mr. Ritual, where in what I just said did you start to get confused?

CS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Allegedly.
According to most of Christian dogma, all humans are evil and need to "believe" everything their religion says or be tortured for eternity by a deity(s).
A bit overstated IMO. I don't think the message is so much that man is evil but rather man wages a daily battle against the flesh. Man by nature is capable of tremendous good and tremendous evil. The belief is man will likely succumb to his own desires if living for themselves and not living for God

It is true many Christians believe in eternal suffering. But it is the exception in my experience to find Christians who border on obsessed with hell and a fire and brimstone message. And even most of those are convinced they themselves don't run this risk. I think most Christians, be it those that believe OSAS or those that believe in Faith plus works, feel pretty comfortable that despite their failings, they are on the path to salvation due to their faith and God's mercy

IMO the perception that Christians are self-effacing and see man as solely an evil species by nature is because we are taught to address our failings and not to brag or look for compliments for their successes. It is this way because it helps to keep us humble. When we lose sight of our need for Christ to overcome temptation is when we become most likely to give into it.

I do concede a little more emphasis could be placed on the positive. It is just a healthy thing to do IMO. But I do think for the most part people understand it is an ongoing conflict between both parts of our nature

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First paragraph: I am not insulting you.
Second paragraph: How about a few insults? I know you're a guy, but here, how about if I call you a woman?
You're better off sticking to your Yahwehbabble. At least that's incomprehensible gobbledigook, so you can get away with it.
Holding out hope that you can reach a decent level of understanding and a desire to discuss without the cynicism is futile at best. Interesting how the same things you often complain about are the same things you're doing. You don't respect anyone's beliefs but you would like people to respect you and the others you defend. Let's just hope I don't decide to make you my personal project, coz trust me...your intimidation factor as it stands with me, is less than zero.

And I'm being real nice.

Counter_Terrorist.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to talk about haughtiness? The person who just the other day claimed Christians aren't capable of understanding how the world works and best to just let attrition take its course and put the knowledge out there for those capable of understanding?
The irony of your daily hypocrisy is that you don't realize how much it gives away about yourself. You are a text-book example of overcompensation and projection. You run away at the first hint of introspection you always loudly demand others do it. You cover up your daily fears and insecurities with sexual innuendo and talk about others being joyless. You, some who is gay, could even present an argument to support being born gay and instead was making arguments that would convince people of the opposite yet you want to question the ambiguity of the bible?
You are rudderless HL. You are terrified to spent 2 minutes in front of a mirror looking at what you need to fix in yourself. So you puff up your ego with false pride and feelings of superiority and sell yourself lies about others. I guarantee most Christians in this room are generally content with their lives and happy. They aren't so jittery and uncomfortable where any time something personal is asked they start asking everyone around them to have sex because they learned long ago that is a good distraction.
In short
Physician, heal thyself
.. instead of answering my questions, you mounted another attack of false statements, innuendos and insults ..

.. what is wrong with you ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 520,101 - 520,120 of598,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

404 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min petesake kis 114,684
Gold buyers Wanted 9 min andet1987 3
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Cisco Kid 530,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min andet1987 717,118
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min andet1987 171,519
Jamaican man seeking to start a new life with a... 36 min andet1987 2
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 41 min abhijit bharat sharma 110
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min Lab28 223,289
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••