Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#542984 Jun 3, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people have family members who are homosexual that happen to also be very good people. For those, it's a matter of arguing for equal rights for a family member.
Nothing wrong with that.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#542985 Jun 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have been killing Jews for two thousand years.
The starting shot was given by Jesus himself in John:
<quoted text>
Okay Jesus acknowledges they are Abraham's descendants.
But next he says:
<quoted text>
Look at the crazy reasoning. He says that the Jews who are Abraham's descendants are not his children because the are sinful. And then he uses the false reasoning: that they can only be Abraham's children if the love him?
He goes even further and speaks the death sentence over the Jews:
<quoted text>
These words have killed hundred of millions Jews and Pagans. Those who do not love Jesus, do not love God, and are automatically children of the Devil. The Devil is the arch enemy of God and his Children must be killed.
This is what the bible teaches. The ideas of Jesus are no different than that of Hitler. You will find it in Mein Kampf:
<quoted text>
Nazism = Christianity
LOL!

this really isn't rocket science; if you wanna know where fascism is coming from, just look at who it is that's trying to remove ancient boundaries and establish all kinds of new ones!;)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#542986 Jun 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but notice your use of the past tense. Some of the best scientists were indeed Christians.
Take Isaac Newton - few will dispute that he was one of the greatest of them all.
Yet he was a Christian. Why was that? It was because he lived in a time when practically everyone was a Christian.
It's pretty safe to say that he would not be a Christian if he was around today and he'd gotten to see the discoveries that science had made.
In any event, most of the world's scientists don't believe in your god.
only 1/3 of the world is Christian and believes in my God, so what's your point?

You talking about a hypothetical situation involving Isaac Newton as to what you think he would or would not be today. pointless to debate.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#542987 Jun 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>All Christians have a earthly assignment. YHWH has a purpose for everyone of His followers.
Some Christians simply look forward to eternity more than others. Nothing wrong with that. But I see God's created Earth as marvelous, beautiful, full of splendor and full of awe. And YHWH wants me to enjoy my existence on His creation as much as I can. Eternity started for me the day YHWH revealed Himself to me through Yeshua the Christ. Eternity begins on Earth.
I see

Has your god spoken to you when he communicated this purpose to you?

It's a shame that this vision of loveliness you have for your god's creations doesn't extend to his creation of homosexuality.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#542988 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here you are, seeking out a Christian themed room with the sole intent of pushing your opinion of the beliefs of others onto people who were minding their own business
In what possible way can you claim you don't do the very thing you say you are against?
See, again this martyr feeling, just because you are confronted with someone else opinion. No i do not hate you, I do not want to hurt you, I do not want to kill you, i do not want to convert you. I am not a Christian.

Try to understand that a non-christian is not in a sacred cosmic quest to destroy his arch-enemy, like Jesus and his followers. I am just telling you how you are being perceived. But like the snake, the vulture, the hyena, the maggot, the Christian too has a place in nature. No reason to start killing them, hurting them or changing them. But it is good to warn people to stay away from some creatures.

You can accuse me that I am not flattering of Christianity, Jesus and his most loyal followers. But being sincere that is something I find hard to do. I am simply not that good in embracing the evil as Jesus. I think you need to be pretty sick yourself to be good at that.

The difference between your kind and me is that I judge people on their behaviour and history and you guys judge people by the book.

So I give you my blessing. I hope Jesus will permanently take you away from this place into his heaven and that you may have a good time there.

See, we not even have a conflict of interest, you want to leave permanently and I fully support that. You want to be happy, I want to see you happy too. Really? really. If only you people could really be happy, what a change that would make to the world. Alas we can not make you happy, except maybe by dying and be tortured in flames. But that is to much to ask. I know your wishes all to well, but sorry there are limits to my generosity.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#542989 Jun 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Might be the only time I will agree with so many of your points.
Your argument about Children is a good one. I have had that conversation with others myself.
And there are many Christians that are in hopelessness and depression. But that is their fault. if they spend the time in the Spirit and the word as they should, they should not be in that state.
The only disagreement I would have is that I not think anyone can tell from this billboard who is a joyous Christian. The billboard is about argument and debates about philosophies and controversial issues.
I don't think it is impossible, but extremely difficult for anyone discussing heavy societal issues like what's on here to stay joyful while debating them. After they get off the billboard and away from the debates, sure. People probably did not think Jesus had Joy while he was condemning and scolding his enemies the pharisees and the scribes.
Good points as there seems to be at least two misconceptions. One being that looking forward to the end times is synonymous with a desire to see it occur before God's timetable. And the other thinking that knowing there are bad things in this world or looking forward to something better means someone is incapable of being joyous. There are many ways to find joy within God's creation and fellowship yet that doesn't change that we believe a better life awaits us. One can enjoy their life and still look forward to something better

Watford, UK

#542990 Jun 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>only 1/3 of the world is Christian and believes in my God, so what's your point?
You talking about a hypothetical situation involving Isaac Newton as to what you think he would or would not be today. pointless to debate.
In as much as the vast majority of the world's scientists don't believe in yours, or indeed, anyone else's god(s).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#542991 Jun 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest and Clearwater are two excellent examples of gloom and doom "can't wait until it's over" mindsets.
<quoted text>
.. both have said they cannot wait to be with Jesus, to be out of this immoral, disgusting world ..
There is that lack of spiritual discernment rearing it's ugly head again, it can really make one a biiiiiiiiiggg LIAR!!!!!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#542992 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Good points as there seems to be at least two misconceptions. One being that looking forward to the end times is synonymous with a desire to see it occur before God's timetable. And the other thinking that knowing there are bad things in this world or looking forward to something better means someone is incapable of being joyous. There are many ways to find joy within God's creation and fellowship yet that doesn't change that we believe a better life awaits us. One can enjoy their life and still look forward to something better
100% agree.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#542993 Jun 3, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
God, your ways are not our ways. Sometimes we hurt and don't understand why. Sometimes it seems we cannot go on. But we know that your ways are much higher than ours. Help us to trust You, the God of the universe, as You orchestrate the events of life when they seem the darkest. Thank you, God.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#542994 Jun 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I see
It's a shame that this vision of loveliness you have for your god's creations doesn't extend to his creation of homosexuality.
I no believe God create Alcoholics. And I no believe God created Homosexuals either. Both of them is Choice.

Watford, UK

#542995 Jun 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I no believe God create Alcoholics. And I no believe God created Homosexuals either. Both of them is Choice.
So you're not being honest when you say that your god created everything.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#542996 Jun 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
this really isn't rocket science; if you wanna know where fascism is coming from, just look at who it is that's trying to remove ancient boundaries and establish all kinds of new ones!;)
Why? Jesus is very clear about it
What part did you not understand?
He wants them dead.

Facism is one of those Roman traditions revived by Mussolini and taken over by Hitler. It was in bed with the church to fight communism. Without the support of the church both would have been nowhere.

In return Hitler and Mussolini where great supporters of the faith. I mean support where it really counts, in the pocket. Mussolini gave the Pope his own state, and Hitler made Germany the biggest contributor to the Vatican by collecting the church tax with the income tax.

And they were doing gods work, killing the Jews, just like Jesus wanted.

Christianity leaves good people with a dilemma.
- Should we deny how horrible it is, and give it a free pass?
- Or should we expose it and maybe give other low lives an excuse?

So most want to reform it, others like me want to expose it. But i respect both positions. It is not out principle but practicality that I expose Christianity: I think Hitler proved, even after 2000 years Christianity is still the same ulster.

We are now into a new age of science, and people are dropping Christianity, it is not such a bad idea we make up the balance. It will become an even more extreme minority. Maybe psychology and psychiatry can be helpful in bringing more happiness to the remainder. But not by force, not like Christianity or Communism. But With the kindness and love Jesus so lacks for this world.
Expert

Redding, CA

#542997 Jun 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you agree that the stories of Paul are negative.
\
Compared to what?

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#542998 Jun 3, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a Ted Haggard kind of a no-homosexual
Married an all that?
Maybe you can answer this:
Is Ted Haggard?
1 a homosexual heterosexual
2 a heterosexual homosexual
3 a heterosexual
4 a homosexual
5 loving everyone like Jesus
6 seduced by Satan anyone can become a homosexual
7 he only wanted to score meth
8 He was converting the guy sacrificing himself
We non-Christians try to understand you guys
I can't speak for Ted Haggard.

Who are the "you guys"?

Fremont, CA

#542999 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
My move?
That is one person
How does that equate to "many Christians in this room?
What does that have to do with all the insults claiming many Christians in this room are joyless, haughty, sarcastic, don't honor God and are cruel?
What does that have to do with the questions being disingenuous?
Are you really claiming observations can't be insults?
I believe HL to be dishonest, hypocritical, and insulting. Those are my observations. Yet she constantly calls them personal attacks and insults. Why the double-standard?
Your move
My experience in this thread leads me to conclude that many christians here are joyless, haughty, sarcastic, don't honor their god's teachings, and are often cruel to other posters.

Fremont, CA

#543000 Jun 3, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said anything about a parking lot. Read it again.
CS.
Sorry, dude.

I tend to zone out on your posts.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#543001 Jun 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I see
well let me rephrase lol.

If...and is a big 'IF' because no evidence this is the case. But if someone was born from the womb attracted to the same sex and want to serve Jesus Christ, they going to have to stay single and celibate.

Matthew 19:12
For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.
[[[

Now eunich don't mean homosexual. But that the closest I see Jesus talk about anybody born a certain way.

Again, there is NO evidence that people born attracted to the same sex. But if they did and they want to serve Jesus, they going to have to stay celibate after they commit to Yeshua. a person want to actively involved with homosexual sex acts and think they can really serve Jesus Christ...I no think it possible. But that up to Jesus when that soul see Him.

Fremont, CA

#543002 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet here you are, seeking out a Christian themed room with the sole intent of pushing your opinion of the beliefs of others onto people who were minding their own business
Slight correction: FORMERLY "a Christian themed room."

The theme has become far broader since the arrival of several people.

Fremont, CA

#543003 Jun 3, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't like the 21st century, do you?
I think that's a major reason for the "gloom and doom, can't wait till it's over" feeling of some of the Christians here.

Scientific breakthroughs, anthropological and archeological findings, acknowledgement of civil rights, all get in the way of the stultified Biblical mindset.

Things were so much better in the Inquisition and witch-burning days....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Hangman 971,828
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 650,441
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min ChristineM 445,931
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 16 min Buck Crick 56,096
Incest Lesbian Pedo Sex Snapchat (Oct '14) 26 min Heibdjcbf 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 39 min Steve III 44,970
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 44 min bad bob 182,948
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web