Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#542871 Jun 3, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are mixing the concepts of "natural", "normal" and "statistical average"
when did you decide to become a heterosexual?
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>heterosexual is normal development.
Homosexuality is neither normal or natural and your statistical argument is a farce since there are no scientific evidence homosexuality is biological.
you never responded to the post.

It was too complex for you

after all you are only a christian

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#542872 Jun 3, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>why not God? Science has even less answers.
ignorance does not create gods.

oh

your a christian

in that case, ignorance does create gods

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#542873 Jun 3, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Another bare assertion, based in a faith supported belief.
<quoted text> Who told the story?
<quoted text> "They wrote". Remember the 13 hammers?
Why don't you believe in Vishnu? Why don't you believe in Zoroaster and Ahura Mazda?
Why do you dismiss those stories?
When you realize that your own understanding amounts to less that a grain of sand in a universe of information, you realize that you don't know enough to critique people who think, see and understand far beyond this dimension, not only in the physical but the spiritual. Most of you who adopt an atheistic point of view do so because you were taught by another mortal how preposterous the notion of a Supreme Being is. Yet he or she who taught you haven't even begun to scratch the surface when it comes on to the light of knowledge and the great truth.

Tell me now Mr. Ritual, where in what I just said did you start to get confused?

CS.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#542874 Jun 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Allegedly.
According to most of Christian dogma, all humans are evil and need to "believe" everything their religion says or be tortured for eternity by a deity(s).
A bit overstated IMO. I don't think the message is so much that man is evil but rather man wages a daily battle against the flesh. Man by nature is capable of tremendous good and tremendous evil. The belief is man will likely succumb to his own desires if living for themselves and not living for God

It is true many Christians believe in eternal suffering. But it is the exception in my experience to find Christians who border on obsessed with hell and a fire and brimstone message. And even most of those are convinced they themselves don't run this risk. I think most Christians, be it those that believe OSAS or those that believe in Faith plus works, feel pretty comfortable that despite their failings, they are on the path to salvation due to their faith and God's mercy

IMO the perception that Christians are self-effacing and see man as solely an evil species by nature is because we are taught to address our failings and not to brag or look for compliments for their successes. It is this way because it helps to keep us humble. When we lose sight of our need for Christ to overcome temptation is when we become most likely to give into it.

I do concede a little more emphasis could be placed on the positive. It is just a healthy thing to do IMO. But I do think for the most part people understand it is an ongoing conflict between both parts of our nature

(T) Peace

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#542875 Jun 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First paragraph: I am not insulting you.
Second paragraph: How about a few insults? I know you're a guy, but here, how about if I call you a woman?
You're better off sticking to your Yahwehbabble. At least that's incomprehensible gobbledigook, so you can get away with it.
Holding out hope that you can reach a decent level of understanding and a desire to discuss without the cynicism is futile at best. Interesting how the same things you often complain about are the same things you're doing. You don't respect anyone's beliefs but you would like people to respect you and the others you defend. Let's just hope I don't decide to make you my personal project, coz trust me...your intimidation factor as it stands with me, is less than zero.

And I'm being real nice.

Counter_Terrorist.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#542876 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to talk about haughtiness? The person who just the other day claimed Christians aren't capable of understanding how the world works and best to just let attrition take its course and put the knowledge out there for those capable of understanding?
The irony of your daily hypocrisy is that you don't realize how much it gives away about yourself. You are a text-book example of overcompensation and projection. You run away at the first hint of introspection you always loudly demand others do it. You cover up your daily fears and insecurities with sexual innuendo and talk about others being joyless. You, some who is gay, could even present an argument to support being born gay and instead was making arguments that would convince people of the opposite yet you want to question the ambiguity of the bible?
You are rudderless HL. You are terrified to spent 2 minutes in front of a mirror looking at what you need to fix in yourself. So you puff up your ego with false pride and feelings of superiority and sell yourself lies about others. I guarantee most Christians in this room are generally content with their lives and happy. They aren't so jittery and uncomfortable where any time something personal is asked they start asking everyone around them to have sex because they learned long ago that is a good distraction.
In short
Physician, heal thyself
.. instead of answering my questions, you mounted another attack of false statements, innuendos and insults ..

.. what is wrong with you ??..

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#542877 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit overstated IMO. I don't think the message is so much that man is evil but rather man wages a daily battle against the flesh. Man by nature is capable of tremendous good and tremendous evil. The belief is man will likely succumb to his own desires if living for themselves and not living for God
It is true many Christians believe in eternal suffering. But it is the exception in my experience to find Christians who border on obsessed with hell and a fire and brimstone message. And even most of those are convinced they themselves don't run this risk. I think most Christians, be it those that believe OSAS or those that believe in Faith plus works, feel pretty comfortable that despite their failings, they are on the path to salvation due to their faith and God's mercy
IMO the perception that Christians are self-effacing and see man as solely an evil species by nature is because we are taught to address our failings and not to brag or look for compliments for their successes. It is this way because it helps to keep us humble. When we lose sight of our need for Christ to overcome temptation is when we become most likely to give into it.
I do concede a little more emphasis could be placed on the positive. It is just a healthy thing to do IMO. But I do think for the most part people understand it is an ongoing conflict between both parts of our nature
(T) Peace
I see your point.

I don't live 'for' God. I live 'through' God.
I strive to live up to the declarations in Psalm 82.

<smile>

Location hidden

#542878 Jun 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. instead of answering my questions, you mounted another attack of false statements, innuendos and insults ..
Oh Happy "victim" Lesbo

Your questions were based on negative )and incorrect) conclusions you have made about the Christians in this room. And your lack of integrity and inability to engage in introspection once again has prevented you from seeing this

Your "questions" were intellectually dishonest and were wondering if the reason Christians are so joyless is that they can't follow their contradictory Bible. And your complete lack of even a minimum level of honesty allows you to claim that isn't a personal attack?

What is wrong with you?

Why can't you be honest at all?

And I simply showed the irony and hypocrisy of your statements

1) You call Christians haughty while saying things that could not be more haughty

2) You say Christians are joyless yet you have shown yourself to be someone terrified at looking at themselves for any length of time and for any substantial reason

3) You think our problems stem from not being able to understand the Bible when you can't can't even understand yourself

Your post was an attack, your denials are dishonest, your victim act has gotten old, and any problems you think you see in Christians you should be able to easily see in yourself yet self-blindness and denial prevents it

Like I said:

Physician, heal thyself

Location hidden

#542880 Jun 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your point.
I don't live 'for' God. I live 'through' God.
I strive to live up to the declarations in Psalm 82.
<smile>
Or Him through you

But can't go wrong with Psalm 82

A good way to approach life

(T) Peace

“"None shall pass"”

There

#542881 Jun 3, 2013
My 'Vette won 3rd place in its class (Stock C3) at the car show Saturday.

Ah, the sin of pride. LOL

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#542882 Jun 3, 2013
BIBLE TRUE JEHOVA wrote:
<quoted text>
sir
I found your post posted to Anna-lesbian
You reject Jesus Christ as Your Saviour and redeemer of all those who His Fther Yehova Gave Him as His own church
according to 1 John 2;22-23...
YOU ARE ANTICHRIST
QUOTE;
" WHO IS A LIAR BUT HE THAT DENEIETH THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST(YOU DENIED IN POST WRITTEN TO ALICE LESBIAN)
he(you) is AN'TI-CHRIST,THAT DENIETH FATHER AND SON
23/
whosoever denieth the son the same hath not the Father but
HE THAT ACKNOWLEDGETH THE SON HATH THE FATHER?
Your rants denying Son reap you out from the Father Yehova(YHVH)
IT WAS MY HUMBLE PLEASURE TO WARN YOU BEFORE COMPLETE FAIL,
ALSO IS PLEASURE TO INFORM TOPIC POSTERS TO BE AWARE OF YOUR DECEIVINGS,LIES, AND LOW IQ spiritual simple understanding GOSPEL OF G-D
Have good day, rest of evening spend to pray for forgiveness,there exist not other option to be please with your evil mouth,against atheists,gays,lesbians,sceptic s, and the worst you are ANTICHRIST DENY SON AND FATHER,LIKE ALL THOSE POOR ATHEISTS
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF YOU?
please?don't respond.
Great G-D YAHVEH Assembly doesn't require any responds or debates with ANTICHRISTS DENYING SON JESUS AND HIS FATHER AT SAME TIME
What I have REJECTED is you posers, who grab a piece of what the Apostles believed, a piece of Judaism and a piece of Roman paganism.

I have REJECTED the name Jesus and restored His Original Hebrew name. The ben of Yahweh, born in a Hebrew town, in a Hebrew country, to a Hebrew mother and adopted Hebrew father, given His name (Yahshua who became Ha Mashiach) by His heavenly Father who revealed Himself to the Hebrews and chose them as His righteous inheritance.

What I reject is you people who submarine the TRUTH and FAIL to study, who know the TRUTH but run away and hide from it. Ye Hypocrites and parasites, knowing a form of righteousness but denying the power thereof. It is you who Matthew 7 warns about. Sock puppet of Dr. Shrimpy 2.5. Yes, you gave yourself away as a sock puppet way too easily, for one with such a high IQ as yours. LOL x 21

They have turned many who were called for a righteous path into clowns and jesters, boasters and hypocrites, and gave you paganism instead of undiluted truth. I won't tell anyone they will go to the flaming abyss of spiritual deletion, for that is not up to me to say who will eventually go. What I will tell you though is that the more you pronounce me destined for the furness, the more you resemble Nebuchadnezzar who condemns but condemns himself being unrighteous and ignorant.

Have a NICE day.

:)+)

Counter_Terrorist.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#542883 Jun 3, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do homosexuals exist in nature?
Yes, you say?
Then it's natural. Case closed.
Find another ridiculous argument to justify your fear.
all of nature has been corrupted since it follows its mentors who have been given dominion as its caretakers. so sad for all of 'nature', huh?:(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#542884 Jun 3, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So you could be sexually attracted to men if you chose to, is that what you are trying to tell the group?
yes - anyone could be sexually attracted to anything they choose! just like everything that's bad for us tho, we hafta aquire a taste for things that are awful by continuing to do it even tho we're initially repulsed!

you're gonna learn more good stuff here by accident than at other places you may pay tens of thousands of $$$$ to get a diploma!:)

Location hidden

#542885 Jun 3, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. instead of a bouquet of roses glorifying their Master, many Christians on this thread fetch a vase of thorns.
Insult #1 -claiming Christians don't glorify God
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
They wallow in gloom and doom and eagerly anticipate end times.
Insult #2 - claiming Christians wallow in gloom and doom anxiously awaiting the end-times. Not only people are not wallowing in doom and gloom but it would be selfish to desire the end-times as the time for others to be saved will then be over. We know our time with God will come soon enough either way
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are they so joyless?
Insult #3 - self-explanatory

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is grimness a Christian virtue?
Insult #4 - self-explanatory
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is haughtiness,
Self-explanatory

Insult #5
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
sarcasm
Insult #6

Self-explanatory
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
and sometimes downright cruelty an expression of joy and love for their fellow man ..??
Insult #7

Self-explanatory
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it seems a gloomy Christian is a contradiction. Isn't a belief in Jesus suppose to fetch fruits of the Spirit including joy, love for your fellow man, kindness and goodness ??..
.. perhaps all the inconsistencies in the Bible create inconsistencies in the believer ??..
Insult #8

Claiming Christians either don't have the fruits or don't show they do. Claiming the Bible is filled with inconsistencies

Yet you want to say you were simply asking questions??! No, your "questions" were based on insults and were not even legitimate questions. You just thought that was a clever way to somewhat cover-up your insults

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#542886 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Insult #2 - claiming Christians wallow in gloom and doom anxiously awaiting the end-times. Not only people are not wallowing in doom and gloom but it would be selfish to desire the end-times as the time for others to be saved will then be over. We know our time with God will come soon enough either way
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Self-explanatory
Insult #5
<quoted text>
Insult #6
Self-explanatory
<quoted text>
Insult #7
Self-explanatory
<quoted text>
Insult #8
Claiming Christians either don't have the fruits or don't show they do. Claiming the Bible is filled with inconsistencies
Yet you want to say you were simply asking questions??! No, your "questions" were based on insults and were not even legitimate questions. You just thought that was a clever way to somewhat cover-up your insults
And watch her dance around with excuse after excuse in response to what you said as she lives in her world of delusional denial.

So predictable and so sad.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#542887 Jun 3, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
... anyone could be sexually attracted to anything they choose!...
You must really like Apple Pie. Saw you in a movie.

ROFLMAO

With Established Harem

#542888 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You call Christians haughty while saying things that could not be more haughty
2) You say Christians are joyless yet you have shown yourself to be someone terrified at looking at themselves for any length of time and for any substantial reason
.. no, I wrote "SOME" Christians, there's a difference ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Happy "victim" Lesbo
Your questions were based on negative )and incorrect) conclusions you have made about the Christians in this room. And your lack of integrity and inability to engage in introspection once again has prevented you from seeing this
Your "questions" were intellectually dishonest and were wondering if the reason Christians are so joyless is that they can't follow their contradictory Bible. And your complete lack of even a minimum level of honesty allows you to claim that isn't a personal attack?
What is wrong with you?
Why can't you be honest at all?
3) You think our problems stem from not being able to understand the Bible when you can't can't even understand yourself
Your post was an attack, your denials are dishonest, your victim act has gotten old, and any problems you think you see in Christians you should be able to easily see in yourself yet self-blindness and denial prevents it
Like I said:
Physician, heal thyself
.. your posts to me are unadulterated character assassinations based on falsehoods and paraphrasing ..

.. it seems you want to put me in a defensive posture, force me to rebut your insults. Or, do you want me to claim ownership of untrue character defects you have attributed to me ??..

.. everyone here can read. Sometimes someone may miss the thrust of a post and if they want clarification, they need only ask the writer. Nobody here needs your debasing psychological profiles; they can form their own opinion based on what the writer writes ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#542889 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
... claiming Christians don't glorify God
... claiming Christians wallow in gloom and doom anxiously awaiting the end-times...
...Claiming Christians either don't have the fruits or don't show they do...
Based on this thread, those aren't insults but reasonable observations.

Note that WSJLM does not represent a majority of anything.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#542890 Jun 3, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Biblical Scholars of the last 200 years, Timothy 1&2 are not authentic letters from Paul. AS much as I dislike Paul, I can;t pin this rubbish on him.
"Nineteenth and twentieth century scholarship questioned the authenticity of the letter, with many scholars suggesting that First Timothy, along with Second Timothy and Titus, are not original to Paul, but rather an unknown Christian writing some time in the late-first-to-mid-2nd century.[2] Most scholars now affirm this view.[3]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to...
My question then is: if the provenance of any portion of the Bible turns out to be false, why is there no mechanism in place to remove it? And this is certainly not the only part of the Bible that has such an issue. The added ending to the Gospel of Mark (where zombies pop up out of the ground for goodness sake) has been shown to be fake. Revelation is another book with issues enough that Martin Luther almost included it in the other 7 books he edited out of the Catholic Bible in drafting the Protestant one.

With Established Harem

#542891 Jun 3, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Self-explanatory
Insult #5
<quoted text>
Insult #6
Self-explanatory
<quoted text>
Insult #7
Self-explanatory
<quoted text>
Insult #8
.. MANY does not mean ALL, it means SOME ..

.. again, you paraphrase everything ..

.. what's wrong with you ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 min ChristineM 445,967
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min MKULTRA 51,731
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 3 hr c840xba 26
shuh up meathead! 4 hr Doctor REALITY 1
NJ Home Remodeling Contractors Information by P... 4 hr Pangione Developers 1
How many MILLIONS of MEXICAN MEN R N in U.S. IL... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Gabriel 991,936
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Michael 693,160
More from around the web