“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#542740 Jun 2, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
....my answer would not be "god" by default that's for sure.
why not God? Science has even less answers.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#542741 Jun 2, 2013
The Thinking Man wrote:
Faith is not immune to evidence.
Evidence is what substantiates faith.
Religious faith in a belief can be and often is immune to contradictory evidence, and requires no evidence at all to justify the belief.

If a group of people read a paper that says 13 hammers are behind a door, each person can believe that, sight unseen. Once the door is open and the hammers are seen by that group, the faith each person had that the paper was factual is substantiated.

If that situation is changed, and the group reads that 13 hammers are behind the door, but the paper says, "just have faith that they are there, based upon the information you have", then each person will decide, by faith, whether to believe that or not.

The last example given represents faith supported religious belief(S).

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#542742 Jun 2, 2013
The Thinking Man wrote:
If the disciples had not seen a risen Jesus there would be no reason for their faith
Nope. That's an unsupported claim, and it's also a biased belief.
The Thinking Man wrote:
and there would be no way that Christianity would have ever survived let alone grown into the major spiritual movement that exists today.
*see above*

Your two previous statements could apply to any deity/religious/supernatural belief set.
The Thinking Man wrote:
The faith of the disciples was shattered when Christ died on the cross, and restored upon the resurrection appearances 3 days later. It's easy for us in our modern Western world to dismiss this central event in world history, because as a general rule, nobody rises from the dead. Many people scoffed at it then too. That's entirely understandable.
Deities throughout history have been claimed to have died and been raised, brought back to life, etc...

So, the motif is nothing new, and as a matter of fact, Christians will reject other life/death/rebirth deity myths for the same reasons atheists and those of other deity beliefs reject the Christian myth.
The Thinking Man wrote:
My question about evidence is this:
What kind of evidence are we looking for?
Beyond Reasonable Doubt as in a criminal case?
Preponderance of Evidence (more probable than not) as in a civil case?
Is 100% empirical evidence the only worthy evidence?
Evidence that is convincing to all theists and nontheists would be sufficient.

13 hammers.
The Thinking Man wrote:
If yes, is it because this gives the atheist a mental escape route to define what is and isn't worthy to be called evidence?:)
Is circumstantial evidence worth considering?

What is the circumstantial evidence?
The Thinking Man wrote:
What is our basis for denying the credibility of circumstantial evidence? That it's not conclusive enough? See, the problem isn't the evidence itself, but how we value the evidence, and how our own high expectations can skew that evidence.
Supply the circumstantial evidence, until you do that, nothing can be evaluated.
Solomon78

Köln, Germany

#542743 Jun 2, 2013
I think the reasons for the acceptance for homosexual marriages in some of protestant dominated countries is the alliance between the heads of feminists and the human rights activists who claim to be christians and the churches to whom they belong. That means if the majority of the protestant churches starts to accept lesbians then the fags will require the same rights.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#542744 Jun 2, 2013
With whom did sin orginate.

He that committeth sin is of the devil;for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

Note;Without the Bible the question of the orgin of evil would remain unexplained.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#542745 Jun 2, 2013
The Thinking Man wrote:
Humankind was given empirical evidence on a Sunday morning 2,000 years ago.
Another bare assertion, based in a faith supported belief.
The Thinking Man wrote:
The fact that we weren't there to see it is of little importance. What matters is whether or not we choose to believe those who told their story.
Who told the story?
The Thinking Man wrote:
Are we so arrogant that we dismiss accounts of others because they wrote in a different language, in a different time period, in a different culture? I think so.
"They wrote". Remember the 13 hammers?

Why don't you believe in Vishnu? Why don't you believe in Zoroaster and Ahura Mazda?
Why do you dismiss those stories?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#542746 Jun 2, 2013
The Thinking Man wrote:
Atheism is the pinnacle of human arrogance and ignorance.
No, atheists just don't have a belief in deities for the reasons that theists do believe in deities.

That isn't arrogant or ignorant.

Each group of theists that believe in a different deity, will claim it can only be their deity that is real and genuine, and all other deities are false.

That's arrogant.

Then those believers in different deities will claim people who don't believer in their deity, is ignorant, and that people should believe in their deity for the reasons they believe...

That's ignorance.

Location hidden

#542747 Jun 2, 2013
From what time has the devil been murderer.

Ye are of your father the devil and lusts of your father ye will do.He was a murderer from the beginning and abode not the truth because there is no truth in him. John 8:44

Location hidden

#542748 Jun 2, 2013
What is the devil's relationship to lying.

When he speaketh a lie,he speaketh of his own;for he is a liar and the father of it.John 8:44

Location hidden

#542749 Jun 2, 2013
Was satan created sinful.

Thou was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created til iniquity was found in thee.
Ezekiel 28:15
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#542750 Jun 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Atheism does not exist. It's all a figment of your imagination. <quoted text>Some of the best scientists were Christians. The most famous Civil Rights leader was Martin Luther King, a Christian.
Why are you so wring?
And how many were fundamentalist Christians that adhered strictly to the Bible?

Both Mandela and Martin Luther King, though they were Christians, used Gandhi as an inspiration, not Jesus. Jesus does not allow the oppressed to resist injustice.
39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
If Martin Luther King had preached this, black people would still be in separate buses.

These words are extremely unethical as they take away the right of people to defend themselves against injustice. But do white Christians listen to the words of Jesus when they feel threatened? No, then they demand semi-automatic guns to defend themselves. It is only for the slaves, not for the slave masters.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#542751 Jun 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
And where in my post was I insulting you? You seem very sensitive, and you don't seem to want to get over your martyrdom complex either. I for one am not persecuting you, so you would do well to stop being such a drama queen.

I suppose you have nothing better to do with your time other than provoke the people who do not agree with the gay agenda, then cry bawl and holler. You deserve an academy award for your performance...maybe, best actress?

CS.
First paragraph: I am not insulting you.

Second paragraph: How about a few insults? I know you're a guy, but here, how about if I call you a woman?

You're better off sticking to your Yahwehbabble. At least that's incomprehensible gobbledigook, so you can get away with it.

Long Beach, CA

#542752 Jun 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Atheism does not exist. It's all a figment of your imagination. <quoted text>Some of the best scientists were Christians. The most famous Civil Rights leader was Martin Luther King, a Christian.
Why are you so wring?
Well, I was wet, and it helps to dry off.

Long Beach, CA

#542753 Jun 2, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So homosexuals are animals?
We all are animals.

We're part of the animal kingdom.

Location hidden

#542754 Jun 2, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many were fundamentalist Christians that adhered strictly to the Bible?
Both Mandela and Martin Luther King, though they were Christians, used Gandhi as an inspiration, not Jesus. Jesus does not allow the oppressed to resist injustice.
<quoted text>
If Martin Luther King had preached this, black people would still be in separate buses.
These words are extremely unethical as they take away the right of people to defend themselves against injustice. But do white Christians listen to the words of Jesus when they feel threatened? No, then they demand semi-automatic guns to defend themselves. It is only for the slaves, not for the slave masters.
sir?
may I ask you humble question?
why you preach your earthly fables, nonsenses take from someone like you?
are you able to change Eternal Spiritual Codex of laws?
are you prophet,if yes?please let us know whom you represent?
russian Puttin, or chinese president,or scientists from Russian university in Leningrad under personal scrutiny of Lenin,Marks,Engels?
or you are just lonely,sick on the top, posting plagrazing web internet pages and playing to be great pope from Amsterdam suburbs of bars full of prostitutes, and homsexualas?

please? confees us yourselves, who are you my dear kleine flohmart dealer?

Location hidden

#542755 Jun 2, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
sir?
may I ask you humble question?
are you gay? or member of gay church?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#542756 Jun 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
First paragraph: I am not insulting you.
Second paragraph: How about a few insults? I know you're a guy, but here, how about if I call you a woman?
You're better off sticking to your Yahwehbabble. At least that's incomprehensible gobbledigook, so you can get away with it.
I don't play by your rules, in case you may have been wondering. I was just pointing out Lacez's inability to move past his persecutionism. Thanks for missing the point, you're still trying to achieve common sense I see. Interesting.

CS.

Location hidden

#542757 Jun 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? I thought you were a professional shite sweeper, sweeping up all the load from this thread, spotting it and being aggressive against it wherever it may be?
Strange, you sound confused old timer. I understand.
Counter_Strike
sir
I found your post posted to Anna-lesbian
You reject Jesus Christ as Your Saviour and redeemer of all those who His Fther Yehova Gave Him as His own church

according to 1 John 2;22-23...
YOU ARE ANTICHRIST

QUOTE;
" WHO IS A LIAR BUT HE THAT DENEIETH THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST(YOU DENIED IN POST WRITTEN TO ALICE LESBIAN)

he(you) is AN'TI-CHRIST,THAT DENIETH FATHER AND SON
23/
whosoever denieth the son the same hath not the Father but
HE THAT ACKNOWLEDGETH THE SON HATH THE FATHER?

Your rants denying Son reap you out from the Father Yehova(YHVH)

IT WAS MY HUMBLE PLEASURE TO WARN YOU BEFORE COMPLETE FAIL,
ALSO IS PLEASURE TO INFORM TOPIC POSTERS TO BE AWARE OF YOUR DECEIVINGS,LIES, AND LOW IQ spiritual simple understanding GOSPEL OF G-D

Have good day, rest of evening spend to pray for forgiveness,there exist not other option to be please with your evil mouth,against atheists,gays,lesbians,sceptic s, and the worst you are ANTICHRIST DENY SON AND FATHER,LIKE ALL THOSE POOR ATHEISTS

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ALL OF YOU?

please?don't respond.
Great G-D YAHVEH Assembly doesn't require any responds or debates with ANTICHRISTS DENYING SON JESUS AND HIS FATHER AT SAME TIME

Long Beach, CA

#542758 Jun 2, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't play by your rules, in case you may have been wondering. I was just pointing out Lacez's inability to move past his persecutionism. Thanks for missing the point, you're still trying to achieve common sense I see. Interesting.
CS.
Again.

First, you say you are not insulting Lacez.

Then, you proceed to insult him.

As I say, why not just stick to your supernatural cant?
Solomon78

Köln, Germany

#542759 Jun 2, 2013
lesbianism=feminism=Christian love?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min truth 550,943
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Dally Mama 753,739
If Muslim women were smart... 14 min Otto Von Hapsburg 2
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 16 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,338
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min Remnant of 144000 38,904
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 32 min Trunketeer 4,840
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 34 min andet1987 97
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min Dr_Zorderz 262,090
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Activeforpeace 96,453
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 6 hr girls united states 173

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE