|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Which slave are you talking about?
I don't think people have souls.
My position is that Exodus was written by ethically inferior men, who had no contact with any god, let alone a good god.
I have no idea what you believe about the OT, the OT god, Exodus, or slavery. As a Christian, you're liable to believe damn near anything. I can make very few assumptions.
Well.... thanks for your thoughts!!

***Even more important than the warmth and affection we receive, is the warmth and affection we give. It is by giving warmth and affection, by having a genuine sense of concern for others, in other words through compassion, that we gain the conditions for genuine happiness. More important than being loved, therefore, is to love.
- Dalai Lama ***

Just thought I'd pop this here,'cause as a Christian, I can believe damn well anything, and I believe this :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks P-warrior
If you want tragedy taken seriously, try doing it in private.
Thanks for your opinion ~ I'm not taking it seriously though.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you are right. No evidence at all. No evidence of Asians being of our same species either. You let us know when you find some.
Do you enjoy being shunned and abused for your stupidity?

I'm starting to feel bad about making fun of you...

Nah, just kidding !!!

Big prepubescent meaty bone? It's your favourite, right?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Serah wrote:
Well.... thanks for your thoughts!!
***Even more important than the warmth and affection we receive, is the warmth and affection we give. It is by giving warmth and affection, by having a genuine sense of concern for others, in other words through compassion, that we gain the conditions for genuine happiness. More important than being loved, therefore, is to love.
- Dalai Lama ***
Just thought I'd pop this here,'cause as a Christian, I can believe damn well anything, and I believe this :)
There ya go.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks P-warrior
If you want tragedy taken seriously, try doing it in private.
Hi Mike,
Thanx for stopping by. Now get bent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Stop-It-Now_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, she was fibbing. It turns out that she enjoys the long struck of a male rod. Don't worry, I took care of servicing her. You will have to find another man, like maybe Kittenkoder will help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so cool !!
I can't wait to make it to the southern sections of the trail. I'm hoping to make it to Pennsylvania this summer. That will make 8 states. I hear the rocks are pretty bad in PA. I may have to adjust my stride. One of my legs is numb.
You go girl! There is so much more to u than a disability, we've seen it on here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No evidence of a Soul? You should say according to your evidence, there is no evidence of a Soul....
There is no evidence of a lot of things, but just looking around proves that things happened, without evidence!!
Nope. Look closer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it didn't work. I asked Alice to come over this weekend and she said her foot hurt, phantom pain. Do you think she was fibbing ??..
I'll be your pet if you tell me it's a gift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your opinion ~ I'm not taking it seriously though.
Hello Serah
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike,
Hello hick-up

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike,
Do you think that would improve his outlook towards others postings? Maybe GOD gave us bent material for a purpose other than rope??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Look closer.
Errr - at what? Your profile pic or lack of evidence of life?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***Wrongful execution is a miscarriage of justice occurring when an innocent person is put to death by capital punishment, the "death penalty." Cases of wrongful execution are cited as an argument by opponents of capital punishment.[1]
A number of people are claimed to have been innocent victims of the death penalty.[2][3] Newly-available DNA evidence has allowed the exoneration and release of more than 15 death row inmates since 1992 in the United States,[4] but DNA evidence is available in only a fraction of capital cases. Others have been released on the basis of weak cases against them, sometimes involving prosecutorial misconduct; resulting in acquittal at retrial, charges dropped, or innocence-based pardons. The Death Penalty Information Center (U.S.) has published a list of 8 inmates "executed but possibly innocent".[5] At least 39 executions are claimed to have been carried out in the U.S. in the face of evidence of innocence or serious doubt about guilt.[6]
In the UK, reviews prompted by the Criminal Cases Review Commission have resulted in one pardon and three exonerations for people executed between 1950 and 1953 (when the execution rate in England and Wales averaged 17 per year), with compensation being paid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_executi... ***
Imagine how our history books are going to look in a couple of thousand years or more? How many innocent people have the courts had killed since they came into being? Laugh away.....
I'm not sure about capital punishment. It sounds like you're dead against it.

I remember after Anita Cobby was murdered...the protesters hung nooses outside the court where the killers were being tried.

The only alternative is life sentences. For a terrible crime, Never To Be Released. Our taxes will feed Travers, the Murphys, Martin Bryant and the Snowtown Murderers until they die.

They're all guilty as hell, but I hate to think of an innocent person being hanged.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Errr - at what? Your profile pic or lack of evidence of life?
My profile pic is Milla Jovovich. There is evidence of her. There is evidence of everything that is natural. Sometimes it gets your hands dirty.

Look closely and then decide.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
I respectfully disagree.
Sure, bullies may ridicule. But ridicule is not essential to bullying, and ridicule does not make something bullying. The Christian church bullies with angry, judgmental lies much more than ridicule. And ridiculing it is not bullying. It is a defense against bullying. Ridicule is the great equalizer against the angry, harsh judgment coming from the pulpit. It is much kinder, because it doesn't ask you to hurt the target like the angry scapegoating from the church, just laugh at it.
We can offer reasoned argument to those that can care about such things, and appeal to the consciences of those that have them. But ridicule is useful to intimidate those not amenable to either.
“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." -Thomas Jefferson
"If religion contained any truth, it could be ridiculed, insulted, even defiled, without being diminished in any way. Its truth would shine through: undimmed, unblemished, shaming those who abused it into silence." - Pat Condell
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I almost bit you for that. I almost ate you. I'm trying to be nice.
I don't understand.
_-Alice-_ wrote:
Were you born a white heterosexual male in the United States of America?
Yes.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
It is not repetitious as far as commands but is talking about false gods in both One says don't have any, the other says don't build anything in their likeness
That is incorrect. The first Commandment is about other gods, the second about idols:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image

These are distinct Commandments, not a repeat. If they were the same, then you would only have nine.

Clearly, your discernment is faulty, the result of a faith based confirmation bias that transforms the words into whatever you need them to mean just as you did here.

I'll be happy to interpret your bible for you whenever you have difficulty.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so cool !!
I can't wait to make it to the southern sections of the trail. I'm hoping to make it to Pennsylvania this summer. That will make 8 states. I hear the rocks are pretty bad in PA. I may have to adjust my stride. One of my legs is numb.
Eight states? Good deal. I've heard that there's a particularly intense section in PA., too. I'm guessing it's passable though.

Down here, through Tn., NC., and Ga., it's pretty varied. You'll be in bottoms of Oak or walking for hours up an incline, then ridges.Vast areas of Rhododendron and Mountain Laurel(so much so, it blocks the sun and it'll seem like the evening), Huckleberries, Muscadine vines, everything. Water all over. Just about a spring in every hollow. Certain pockets and areas get anywhere from 60-80 inches of rain a year, avg.

You'll like it, but I'm guessing all of the trail is like that, no matter the state.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
My profile pic is Milla Jovovich. There is evidence of her. There is evidence of everything that is natural. Sometimes it gets your hands dirty.
Look closely and then decide.
She was just adorable in The Fifth Element. She was also powerful.

I really like that movie.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Serah
G'Day Mike

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 519,821 - 519,840 of598,721
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

473 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Which hosting provider would you use for a blog? 3 min marispetrescu 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 223,089
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 529,768
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min NEWS-FLASH 171,407
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 716,210
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min petesake kis 114,570
I have just been arrested! What should I do? 23 min Dr_Zorderz 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Charlie Sheen 255,618
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 4 hr Sasha 108
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••