Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#542605 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
open your mind and experience spirituality. Not the definition you guys have changed it to mean so you can feel less ostracized but real spirituality.
I don't take spiritual advice from Christians.

Your understanding of it is wrong-headed. The sine qua non of spirituality is an awe-inspiring sense of connection to the cosmos which evokes a sense of gratitude to be here and to be participating in life.

Christianity couldn't be further from that. It teaches exactly the opposite. It leaves you alienated from your own body, the rest of mankind, the rest of life, and the universe itself. You are instructed that flesh as weak and vile. You are to be detached from the world, to view man as failed, and to view matter as base.

You are psychologically disconnected. Your gratitude is diverted from reality to a make-believe ghost. And you live your lives waiting to be gone from here.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#542606 Jun 1, 2013
Wherever I go and whoever I encounter I will bring them a gift.The gift may be a compliment,a flower, or a prayer.Today I will give something to everyone I come into contact with and so I will begin the process of circulating joy,wealth and affluence in my life and in the lives of others.

Today I will gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me.I will receive the gifts of nature;sunlight and the sound of birds singing,or spring showers or the first snow of winter.I will also be open to receiving from others,whether it be in the form of material gift,money,a compliment or a prayer.

I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulation in my life by giving and receiving life's most precious gifts;the gift of caring,affection,appreciation and love.Each time I meet someone I will silently wish them happiness,joy and laughter.

Written by Deepak Chopra

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542607 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a beautiful valley.
http://www.cwomen.com/pictures/shannen-dohert...
Oh hell

I met her. She hugged me. She wasn't wearing that at the time.

Later, when I was alone, she was.
Answers in science

Sydney, Australia

#542608 Jun 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is creepy.
Just like so much else one finds here on Potix.

Fennario

#542609 Jun 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Religious "truth" is different from regular truth.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
What is religious truth teddy when there are so many religions
It's whatever you want to believe. Each believer seems to have his own version of it.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Sufficient for me to know it is truth [...] I don't really care who believes me or not
That's probably a good attitude, as other religious people will have their own personal versions of truth, and the evidence based thinkers don't consider any of it truth.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I do not deal in magic
If you believe in the Christian god, you believe in magic. Magic is when things materialize or levitate or whatever as an act of will in violation of the laws of physics. Moving mountains with faith would be magic, as would revivifying a body from the grave.

Fennario

#542610 Jun 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
But in stead of praying, helping the victims is a better a idea.
No, not by collecting money for them, that the pastors pocket themselves
No by going to the area and help them
And if you want to spend money
give it in person
Cut out the middleman
do good yourself
Agreed. Charitable work should be local and direct, and doesn't always require giving money, even when it requires spending some.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542611 Jun 1, 2013
Answers in science wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like so much else one finds here on Potix.
Would you care to elucidate?

Fennario

#542612 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
We help where we can and we also pray that if it is God's will He alleviates the suffering of others It is telling to me that someone would have such a problem with that.
I have a problem with that, too.

Why would you worship a god who had the power to alleviate suffering but didn't? And why are you so accepting of that? Imagine saying that to anybody else:'please alleviate suffering if it is your will.' How could you respect somebody with the power to do so by crossing his arms and twitching his nose, but didn't feel like it?
Skombolis wrote:
I would advise you do some serious thinking on your approach and who you want to be
You're giving him advice? You've got chutzpah. Reality check: You're a drug addict and convicted felon and doing unskilled labor working the night shift at the lowest paying job you have ever had during which you post on the Internet.

Fennario

#542613 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote: "I would advise you do some serious thinking on your approach and who you want to be "

Skombolis wrote: "open your mind and experience spirituality. Not the definition you guys have changed it to mean so you can feel less ostracized but real spirituality. But i know you never will."
Skombolis wrote:
I might have used a different word that shift (as in same crap different day) but yeah, still night shift, same place And the beat goes on
This sayeth the life coach and spiritual adviser.

You don't really have any sense of the disconnect between your advice and the person you show us, do you?

Fennario

#542614 Jun 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
lol... I even had to look up that word, scintillating. Better a friendly word than a bitter one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U6vLAa-kylMXX
It's good that you look up the words that you don't know. Will you remember it? Will you use it?

And thanks for the farting warthog link. I hadn't seen that before.

Fennario

#542615 Jun 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. for the most part, you ridicule ideas. That's cool. When people ridicule others because they are different, it's not cool. That's the sign of a bully ..
OK, fair enough.

Fennario

#542616 Jun 2, 2013
LOL. Read that again.
Skombolis wrote:
ok Skombolis wrote: I understand why you have so much free time. Being a hypocrite is like a full-time job for you already

I work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week
What's your point?
And what does that have to do with hypocrisy?
Nothing comes easily to you, and as you know, I am no longer willing to work to try to explain anything to you. That is, I don't expect to be able to explain anything to you, so I don't try.

When I expand on something you've written, such as the explanation for why a multiverse is orders of magnitude more likely than a perfect god, or why Christianity is antithetical to spirituality, it's really not written with any expectation that you will understand it.

If you haven't seen the point yet, then it's not for you. Give it up. Don't try to understand.

Fennario

#542617 Jun 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
And the kid missed that one only by an "i" for an "e". I was humbled by their knowledge and dedication.
Yes, very impressive.

Fennario

#542618 Jun 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
You still can't support your insanity on its merits. Check. What was it like being a bottom in prison?
LOL.

Nice to see your posting again. I have always enjoyed it.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542619 Jun 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Nice. Did you see the movie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LER9pt-hFLMXX
I'm not a fan of Jim Carey. I think Nicholas Cage is a better actor.

Nuff said about that, I hope.
Lost In Transition

United States

#542620 Jun 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
For if I do not, I fear falling into the deaths of stupidity like some here.
That's "depths" of stupidity.
Look out below!
Lost In Transition

United States

#542621 Jun 2, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to elucidate?
Maybe.
What do you charge?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542622 Jun 2, 2013
Lost In Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.
What do you charge?
The best troll, in the history of trolls, ever:

&fe ature=endscreen&NR=1

Dude is even better than me. That's sayin something, isn't it?

Do you rub your meat before you smoke it? Just askin

Fennario

#542623 Jun 2, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I mean, maybe the Jesus! moon walked on water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bDOLZj1vjlsXX
Michael Jackson: "I know you all want to be a little white girl like me. Shamona! hee-hee-hee!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lost In Transition

United States

#542624 Jun 2, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The best troll, in the history of trolls, ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6p0sr2BejUkXX&feature=end screen&NR=1
Dude is even better than me. That's sayin something, isn't it?
Do you rub your meat before you smoke it? Just askin
Depends on the meat.
Sometimes I just soak it in beer.
Mmmm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min T-Town Anon 37,840
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 641,228
Marcia Clark's closing remarks were a near parf... 19 min Doctor REALITY 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 20 min SSnowFFlake 1,708
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 18,663
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min The Hangman 969,910
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Wolfs Song 104,610
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,059
More from around the web