Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#542585 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My profile pic is Milla Jovovich. There is evidence of her. There is evidence of everything that is natural. Sometimes it gets your hands dirty.
Look closely and then decide.
I've just been out cleaning up the garden and the yard after a few windy rainy storms, and have done my fair share of getting my hands dirty in the garden.

My dog is pretty clever ~ just have to say to him "do you wanna" and he races out and grabs hold of his leash, but there is no evidence of him being my relative. I have looked closely .....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#542586 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
no need for any more explanation
Explanations are of no use with you. Just watch and learn.

Fennario

#542587 Jun 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Universes are simpler than immortal, omnipotent, omniscient gods. Any such argument against a universe existing without a designer is stronger against a god existing uncreated.

All that needs to be the case is that all possible universes form from an amorphous, unconscious multiverse, and this universe becomes a sure thing - perhaps just one of an infinite number just like it, each with self-conscious life. That would explain reality without invoking magic or the astronomically long odds necessary for a god to exist.

There is no need for a god to explain reality, and no way to explain a god.
Skombolis wrote:
Yeah that is much more rationale and simpler of an explanation than something greater than ourselves created it since all life we know of was created
Correct.

Your god is the least likely thing to exist uncreated that can be imagined. Nothing is less likely. There is no statistical argument that supports a god belief.

Fennario

#542588 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Just one time be your your man
If you have to go back to "us" for the rest of the day I will understand
But try making just one post speaking for yourself
Its not such a terrible thing to be yourself, even when that self is you!
You don't need anonymous people to prop you up.
Yeah I make fun of you because you are insecure and retired to Mexico and are a bigot and that is only because that stuff is true! But so is what I am telling you now. This co-dependency thing you got going on isn't healthy. You can keep your pretend movement alive in your head and still be your own man. Not everything you say has to be propped up.
Be like Mikey with the cereal, just try it, you will like it
If you don't, you can go right back to saying "we" instead of "I" , I promise:)
Shouldn't you be in prison?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542589 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't understand.
<quoted text>
Yes.
It's not a big deal. My attention span is limited.

I think I had a problem with a white heterosexual male talking about bullying and ridicule.

I'm over it now.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#542590 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Man everything goes over your head
Obviously I meant ADDITIONAL verses since like you said, I read and commented on the ones you posted. I showed how that didn't condone slavery. You responded by saying it is well established that throughout the Bible it condones slavery. I said if so then post the verses. So your new claim was based on the same verses you already used?
You didn't go to law-school with Catcher did you
Actually I take that back. He never would have even posted the original verses. He would have just said "dude"
Oh man, sorry Cather, how could i forget your go-to tactic! Please include that in the list!
Yes, you read and commented on them, then your claims continued to be invalid for the verses clearly showed that the bible condones slavery.

Another thing the bible quite obviously is is sexist.

Montreal

#542591 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is not....
You misread.
I didn't say Christian.
I said "Christian."

Montreal

#542592 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
There is zero scientific evidence that anybody is born religious. It is a choice. If that is a reason to persecute gays, it's a reason to persecute Christians.
In the "Christian's" mind, that ain't true.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542593 Jun 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Eight states? Good deal. I've heard that there's a particularly intense section in PA., too. I'm guessing it's passable though.
Down here, through Tn., NC., and Ga., it's pretty varied. You'll be in bottoms of Oak or walking for hours up an incline, then ridges.Vast areas of Rhododendron and Mountain Laurel(so much so, it blocks the sun and it'll seem like the evening), Huckleberries, Muscadine vines, everything. Water all over. Just about a spring in every hollow. Certain pockets and areas get anywhere from 60-80 inches of rain a year, avg.
You'll like it, but I'm guessing all of the trail is like that, no matter the state.
I wrote a whole response and then my Ipad farted. I'll try again.

In Maine, there are bogs. Endless hours of walking through slop. I wore rubber boots. The trail team built little wooden pathways over the worst parts. Yay !!

In New Hampshire, there is a serious difference in temperature between the low and the high. I walked up Mt. Washington.

I want to see the Smokey Mountains up close. I want to see the Shenandoah Valley. I will.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542594 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
She was just adorable in The Fifth Element. She was also powerful.
I really like that movie.
Big Badaboom?

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542595 Jun 1, 2013
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#542596 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a big deal. My attention span is limited.
I think I had a problem with a white heterosexual male talking about bullying and ridicule.
I'm over it now.
This is creepy.

Fennario

#542597 Jun 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
See that is the great thing about religious freedom creating a free market. And in a free market you must compete. Evangelicals already did that by sugar coating their beliefs, but the beliefs were very negative. But this doesn't work any more. New Christian cults will offer more freedom and less hate. So they will have to adapt.

That is not difficult, they always do the same in religion. They do not say: we invented a new religion that is better, no the will always say, we studied history and found out that today's religion has become tainted. We want to restore the purer Jesus!

What is important in all this is that the market forces them to come up with more liberal loving ideas.
Agreed.

And the credit for that goes to the rational ethics of secular humanism. The ideas generated by reason and compassion are pushing the biblical precepts aside, and the church, which sees its receipts dwindling, must adapt to maximize them. When hellfire was profitable, that was the doctrine. Now that it is hurting, the kinder gentler Jesus appears and is less sadistic.

Attacking science has the same history. It was profitable once, but now, makes the church appear ridiculous, is there is a movement to embrace science, as with god-directed evolution. Suddenly, Jesus is an evolutionist and the creation myth was never to be taken seriously in the first place.
Mark wrote:
Is science bad because it gave rise to the atom bomb? And is religion bad because it gives rise to all these political and commercial activities? No we have to separate those two.
Science produces useful knowledge. How does religion make the world better?

Fennario

#542598 Jun 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
Like true science is independent of country or culture, so is true spirituality. There is no fundamental difference among sages of all religion.
I make a distinction between religion, spirituality, and philosophy. I value spirituality and philosophy. What does religion, by which I mean a world view characterized by magical thinking and faith in gods and dogma, bring to the table?
Mark wrote:
Pastors must have a financial intensive to change their product. As soon as they need to compete for customers they can no longer antagonise customers by calling homosexuals and unbelievers evil. Then their market will become a very small niche.
Have you seen this?:

"Tithing Hits Record Low; Churches Spend More to Make Congregants Happy" http://www.christianpost.com/news/tithing-hit...

"Are churches spending more on themselves than on the needs of those outside the church? According to a new report they are, with churches keeping a larger share of their tithe-generated income for their own in-house needs.

"In a report, titled “The State of Church Giving Through 2009,” released Friday by Empty Tomb inc., a Christian service and research organization, authors found that “benevolences”– or funds used for giving outside the church including giving to charities and seminary training – hit new lows compared to their first report in 1968."

I find this particularly interesting as I have been arguing this point - the church only claims to be an important charity, but its principle benefactor is itself. Tax breaks to the churches don't seem justified.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#542599 Jun 1, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is creepy.
Really?

Would you like to elaborate?

Since: Jan 11

United States

#542600 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I wrote a whole response and then my Ipad farted. I'll try again.
In Maine, there are bogs. Endless hours of walking through slop. I wore rubber boots. The trail team built little wooden pathways over the worst parts. Yay !!
In New Hampshire, there is a serious difference in temperature between the low and the high. I walked up Mt. Washington.
I want to see the Smokey Mountains up close. I want to see the Shenandoah Valley. I will.
It's a beautiful valley.

http://www.cwomen.com/pictures/shannen-dohert...

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#542601 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that would improve his outlook towards others postings?
I should be concerned about Mike's outlook?
Maybe GOD gave us bent material for a purpose other than rope??
huh?

Since: Jan 11

United States

#542602 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=endscreen&v=EGRa7I0 t4xc&NR=1

Was it good for you?

Fennario

#542603 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
He advises anyone to turn their suffering over to God instead of resort to violence
Christian ethics teach the believer not just to avoid physical retaliation, but to allow oneself to be exploited without resistance or objection.
Skombolis wrote:
Turn the other cheek, the meek shall inherit the earth, he who finishes last will be first and so on
Those are slave ethics. They benefit the powerful, not the ordinary man:

“Religion teaches the slave-virtues -- obedience, humility,
self-denial, forgiveness, non-resistance. Lips, religious and fearful, tremblingly repeat this passage: "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him." This is the abyss of degradation. Religion does not teach self-reliance, independence, manliness, courage, self-defence. Religion makes God a master and man his serf. The master cannot be great enough to make slavery sweet.”- Robert Green Ingersoll
Skombolis wrote:
Its a good message. If only everybody followed it, then there would be no need for it
Why don't you follow it. You be meek and complacent.

I have different values, including integrity, reason, autonomy, and authenticity.

Fennario

#542604 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
In truth I pity you free-thinker because your mind is still in bondage
I will just have to suffer the bondage of autonomy and dignity while you exult in the freedom of turning the other cheek.

By the way, who gives that advice to somebody they love? I advised my children to try to negotiate a peace when possible, or to walk away,not to turn the other cheek. In fact, if they could not succeed with either of the above strategies, they were instructed to put up their fists and defend their faces, not stick another cheek out there. That's what a slave does for massah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 641,003
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Steve III 44,263
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min jasiEL 104,548
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min ffj 969,784
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 27 min Ricky F 38,319
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 28 min Clearwater 182,262
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 46 min Steve 1,579
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Thinking 37,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr onemale 280,845
More from around the web