Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#542522 Jun 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Matt-7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
"Look in that thar jug, air I am, sniff at cork, thar be I, split some wood, pick it up n git ready to rock!" - Buck Crick, Chapter 5, Paperclips.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#542523 Jun 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all your points are well taken ..
.. you probably see forgiveness and redemption differently than the RCC and some Christians and other churches. For you, it's probably real. For others, it's not. For instance, "Pastor Chuck Phelps heads up Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, New Hampshire and he played a key role in covering up the rape of a 15-year-old girl in the church." ..
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
.. while it doesn't matter what organization conceals crimes of this nature, churches must monitor such abuses or they will continue to incur public outrage ..
.. "19% of females and 9% of males experience sexual abuse."(1) With such statistics, all responsible adults must monitor people who have authority over children ..
(1)*Page 19, MORTAL SINS
I absolutely agree. People who do this stuff piss me off and those who cover it up do too. I am not a violent person and I do turn the other cheek. That is what we are supposed to do. But that's in regards to us. Those in our care, that's another story. And children are all in our care. And people who hurt children, well, I struggle with how I feel, it scares me. Because I really want to hurt them, bad.
Rosa Winkel

Byron Bay, Australia

#542524 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like capital punishment.... except no-one gets punished if they kill an innocent person due to an error in the judicial system, do they? Just put it down to a 'mistake' and pay compensation of some sort to the family, these days.
Who does the punishing of the Master who struck the Slave? And what did the Slave do to be struck? You can't just take a Scripture and make fun of it and without giving it any thought.
I think it sounds horrible! Like some slave or convict being lashed to death.

I have the greatest respect for William Wilberforce, who worked to abolish the slave trade. He was a devout Christian, as was his friend John Newton. But they and the other abolitionists would have had to disregard certain parts of the Bible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wilberfo...
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/REwilber...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#542526 Jun 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all your points are well taken ..
.. you probably see forgiveness and redemption differently than the RCC and some Christians and other churches. For you, it's probably real. For others, it's not. For instance, "Pastor Chuck Phelps heads up Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, New Hampshire and he played a key role in covering up the rape of a 15-year-old girl in the church." ..
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
.. while it doesn't matter what organization conceals crimes of this nature, churches must monitor such abuses or they will continue to incur public outrage ..
.. "19% of females and 9% of males experience sexual abuse."(1) With such statistics, all responsible adults must monitor people who have authority over children ..
(1)*Page 19, MORTAL SINS
Christians should know it doesn't work that way ~ Repent ***1.
to feel sorry, self-reproachful, or contrite for past conduct; regret or be conscience-stricken about a past action, attitude, etc.(often followed by of ): He repented after his thoughtless act.
to feel such sorrow for sin or fault as to be disposed to change one's life for the better; be penitent.***

Prayer is not an excuse for bad behavior ~ it is a reason to change one's behavior because we are sorry for the behavior of the past. There seems to be a lot of confusion over this for some reason!!

#542527 Jun 1, 2013
Malone wrote:
Why should Jesus love me? That is the million dollar question. I am just glad He loves me just the way I am despite the things I do.
Hey Malone ~ good to see your words :)

#542528 Jun 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to argue that God did not create evil. One time I was at a "Bible study" and the preacher started going on about God creating evil. Of course I wasn't going to sit there and here that. A pretty heated argument/discussion insued. Everyone was quiet besides the two of us. He basicaly asked the same question you did. I said show it to me in the bible. And he then opened his Bible and showed it to me. I read it, all verses around it. And said you are right and I was wrong. He and everyone there looked at me in shock. They couldn't believe I just admitted I was wrong. You see, up until that point, every argument he presented was in complete and therefore inconclusive. They learned alot about me that day. And I learned alot about myself.
As to your hypothetical situation. I could die and conclusive evidence would be before me. Even then though, I would question what was before me. Because it would be a possability that I was halusinating. You know, I could only be thinking I was dead when in fact I was in a coma in the hospital. Under the influence of some drug that some doctor had given me.
Also, I don't base my beliefs only on what I have read or been told. Experience is a great contributor to what one believes.
Yes ~ we are all given our yardstick of Faith and it is our experiences that make it grow :)

Or perhaps, for some, it is what they put their experiences down to that hinders their Faith, and it wilters like a flower in the sun!

#542529 Jun 1, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it sounds horrible! Like some slave or convict being lashed to death.
I have the greatest respect for William Wilberforce, who worked to abolish the slave trade. He was a devout Christian, as was his friend John Newton. But they and the other abolitionists would have had to disregard certain parts of the Bible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wilberfo...
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/REwilber...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures...
It does sound horrible to us ~ because we have homes, and an income and are not roaming around hungry and cold.

***Ephesians 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.***

We have probably all had a boss who is horrid and unbearable to work for, but in reality, we are a slave to employment; I know many who have worked for years in a job they hate but know others who will quit and move onto greener pastures.

We cannot really compare what happened thousands of years ago to what is happening today, but we do know that slavery as it was in certain countries was abominable and had to be abolished. Wars were fought to free people, but some of this had more to do with racism than caring for starving people IMO.

Location hidden

#542530 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ we are all given our yardstick of Faith and it is our experiences that make it grow :)
Or perhaps, for some, it is what they put their experiences down to that hinders their Faith, and it wilters like a flower in the sun!
Well said :)

#542532 Jun 1, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
OK...I am hooked up again.....
Hope everyone is doing good
Talk to you L_A_T_E_R
Looking forward to seeing your words :)

#542533 Jun 1, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, that's the "Christian" way!
No, it is not....

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542534 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I think there might be a misunderstanding about the intent of my tagging onto your previous post and my subsiquent post.
I will try to put it in more simple terms. You addressed pedophilia to a degree. I felt we had common ground here.
Pedophilia is a much larger issue then one single group. Be it homosexuals who are also pedophiles. Or priests that are pedophiles. And in my oppinion, it is wrong to stereotype either or any as such. Another issue you brought up is the cover up. I say many have tried to use this as an excuse to cover up. It totaly is unbiblical. It is bull. These priests/churches/groups are criminals in my oppinion. Moving some one to another place, and then it happens again, and moves them to another place, and this cycle continues over and over again is not forgiveness, redemption, restoration, nothing other than, covering up to protect their interests. A pedophile should go to jail. Their spirit being redeemed and/or restored by the blood of Christ is between them and Christ as they sit in jail or as they await being executed. We can forgive them and still execute judgement. We have a responsability to protect the innocent. And it not being done.
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue only. There are more instances of male, female pedophilia then there are male, male or female, female. It more than likely is not about sex at all. It is more about power and sickness. IMO.
Why is there not discussion of the prostitution of minors, sex slaves in the sex trade, male and female with male and female, teachers. Pedophilia within families that are covered up generation after generation. This too is covered up.
Pedophilia is not just about homosexuality and priests. Singling out any one of these shows bigotry towards one or the other.
I wasn't discussing the issue with IANS. I was discussing the magnitude of pedophilia with you. If IANS wants to join the conversation, he is more then welcome, this is a public forum. If someone wants to discuss grace, redemption, restoration, etc. they are welcome to do that as well. Pedophilia and the cover up of it, is commited by people who have no theistic beliefs as well. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue only.
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue at all. It's simply rape. It's not about sex. It's about power and control. It's a violent act, not a sexual act. It makes no difference what gender the victim is.

Location hidden

#542536 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue at all. It's simply rape. It's not about sex. It's about power and control. It's a violent act, not a sexual act. It makes no difference what gender the victim is.
I agree. And I stated such in the post this post of yours was responding too. Come on Alice, pay attention :) it doesn't cost much :) Seriously though, when I said it is not a homosexual issue only, or whatever exactly I said, in context, I was saying not only are there homosexuals that are also pedophiles, there are hetro sexuals that are pedophiles. I then went on to say that it is not about sex at all, it is about power and sickness. IMO
It doesn't make any difference what gender the vitim or the offender is. Again IMO I think we agree.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542537 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree. And I stated such in the post this post of yours was responding too. Come on Alice, pay attention :) it doesn't cost much :) Seriously though, when I said it is not a homosexual issue only, or whatever exactly I said, in context, I was saying not only are there homosexuals that are also pedophiles, there are hetro sexuals that are pedophiles. I then went on to say that it is not about sex at all, it is about power and sickness. IMO
It doesn't make any difference what gender the vitim or the offender is. Again IMO I think we agree.
Cool BM. Sorry, my attention span is like that of a gnat. That sentence just jumped out at me.

It's all good

:-)

Location hidden

#542541 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool BM. Sorry, my attention span is like that of a gnat. That sentence just jumped out at me.
It's all good
:-)
LOL I hear you. Some days are like that :)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#542542 Jun 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
You should be sure to go there. The Pismo Beach area is beautiful, and San Fran is quite interesting. I plan on getting into Yosemite fairly soon, maybe January, to do some hiking.
I must have thought you were from Cali because of your topix name. Thought you were one of them California Beach nicks..........
I'm in Minnesoda
I thought you might have been alluding to something else.

I'm in Kentucke.
mike

AOL

#542545 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>i apologize Mike. I forgot how much positive human emotion creeps you out! Things like concern or empathy or even simple bonding through shared personal experience really bothers you and I should have been more sensitive to your inability to care about anyone other than yourself. Oh wait I can't take how you feel into consideration as that has nothing to do with me! Dang...you got me between a rock and a hard place! I know your normal M.O. would be to claim Chris is lying about his grandmother being close to death and to mock people who mourn the loss of a loved one. Should I consider this progress that you at least believe he has a grandmother and that older people are commonly in poorer health since people do die? Hey at this rate in a few hundred years you might be able to muster up some compassion for someone other than yourself!
Thanks

You know me well,..I was headed in that direction of calling it "fake", but I wanted to pace myself, you should've seen my face, my eye got all big with excitement ready to pounce.

Location hidden

#542546 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
It sounds like capital punishment.... except no-one gets punished if they kill an innocent person due to an error in the judicial system, do they? Just put it down to a 'mistake' and pay compensation of some sort to the family, these days.
Who does the punishing of the Master who struck the Slave? And what did the Slave do to be struck? You can't just take a Scripture and make fun of it and without giving it any thought.
I did give it some thought.

Would you like to?

I've read Exodus. I can make fun of the whole damn thing if you like.

Location hidden

#542547 Jun 1, 2013
Serah wrote:
***Wrongful execution is a miscarriage of justice occurring when an innocent person is put to death by capital punishment, the "death penalty." Cases of wrongful execution are cited as an argument by opponents of capital punishment.[1]
A number of people are claimed to have been innocent victims of the death penalty.[2][3] Newly-available DNA evidence has allowed the exoneration and release of more than 15 death row inmates since 1992 in the United States,[4] but DNA evidence is available in only a fraction of capital cases. Others have been released on the basis of weak cases against them, sometimes involving prosecutorial misconduct; resulting in acquittal at retrial, charges dropped, or innocence-based pardons. The Death Penalty Information Center (U.S.) has published a list of 8 inmates "executed but possibly innocent".[5] At least 39 executions are claimed to have been carried out in the U.S. in the face of evidence of innocence or serious doubt about guilt.[6]
In the UK, reviews prompted by the Criminal Cases Review Commission have resulted in one pardon and three exonerations for people executed between 1950 and 1953 (when the execution rate in England and Wales averaged 17 per year), with compensation being paid.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_executi... ***
You need to explain why you think that's relevant.
Serah wrote:
Imagine how our history books are going to look in a couple of thousand years or more? How many innocent people have the courts had killed since they came into being? Laugh away.....
This looks like a pretty typical red herring.

#542549 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I did give it some thought.
Would you like to?
I've read Exodus. I can make fun of the whole damn thing if you like.
Well, tell me, why did the Slave get beaten and what happened to the Master when he gave up his Soul?

Should be a piece of cake seeing as you have read all of Exodus!!
mike

AOL

#542551 Jun 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. All I can say is I have pity for anyone that thinks this is entertainment. Just wow.
Hello, thanks for the reply.

Why do you fake christians get bent out of shape when someone reject a tragic story on an entertainment site?

If it is serious, then make a phone call, do it in private, otherwise, it is what it is, entertainment.

Nice try though!

I'm heartless, and worthless.

If a GOD were real, things would be done differently, certaintly, you wouldn't need to pretend on the internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 36 min truth 667,942
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 39 min truth 7
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 58 min raj 37
Everyone is a fool 1 hr andet1987 5
Electing Donald Trump was a terrible mistake 1 hr andet1987 8
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,108
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr trifecta1 979,463
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Moron Wrangler 286,085
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 92,716
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr lisw 183,629
More from around the web