Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#542493 Jun 1, 2013
Sorry

That should read..

Does he even love Beelzebub and his entire host of greater and lesser demons?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#542499 Jun 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have had the testimony stricken. From what you have stated, there were strong legal grounds to exclude the testimony that was in conflict with the witness's earlier statements.
And don't argue with me.
For you, it's water under the bridge anyway.
I dont know if a prison sentence is ever water under the bridge. As a lawyer you should understand that. If you lose a case and your client goes to jail, for you its oh well. but for your client I'm sure its devestating.........

Location hidden

#542500 Jun 1, 2013
Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."

Wait wait! He's just sleeping I tell ya! He's all tuckered out from the beating I gave him.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#542501 Jun 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. until the early 1980s, the problem of pedophilia was rarely addressed. The movie SYBIL changed all that ..
.. I'm only about 25% through the book MORTAL SINS but one thing jumped out at me, something AIN regularly points out. Because the RCC believes in forgiveness and atonement, offending priests were allowed to continue their work with children and, of course, targeted a new child ..
.. wash, rinse, dry, over and over. Forgiveness is great but at what point does an individual become accountable for their behavior ??..
<quoted text>
.. my post (above) was written to refute allegations that pedophilia is tied to homosexuality. As such, it was a fair rebuttal ..
.. as for the cover-up, I agree with you. However, RCC religious concepts created the problem. "Christian concepts of forgiveness and redemption conformed to the code that governed how ordained men - priests, bishops, cardinals, and even the popes - related to each other." (1)..
.. if you consider this an attack on religion, so be it; however, this is the very problem IAN refers to: Christians can sin, ask forgiveness and receive redemption - over and over - without taking personal responsibility ..
.. when the RCC commissioned a study (2) it was noted that a LARGE proportion of priests, "do not relate deeply or closely to other people and use the institution and their status as cover-ups for psychological inadequacy." (3)..
.. to place such people in positions of power and authority is unacceptable ..
(1) Page 20, MORTAL SINS by Michael D'Antonio
(2) THE CATHOLIC PRIEST IN THE UNITED STATES, PSYCHOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS (1978)
(3) Page 18, MORTAL SINS by Michael D'Antonio
I think there might be a misunderstanding about the intent of my tagging onto your previous post and my subsiquent post.
I will try to put it in more simple terms. You addressed pedophilia to a degree. I felt we had common ground here.
Pedophilia is a much larger issue then one single group. Be it homosexuals who are also pedophiles. Or priests that are pedophiles. And in my oppinion, it is wrong to stereotype either or any as such. Another issue you brought up is the cover up. I say many have tried to use this as an excuse to cover up. It totaly is unbiblical. It is bull. These priests/churches/groups are criminals in my oppinion. Moving some one to another place, and then it happens again, and moves them to another place, and this cycle continues over and over again is not forgiveness, redemption, restoration, nothing other than, covering up to protect their interests. A pedophile should go to jail. Their spirit being redeemed and/or restored by the blood of Christ is between them and Christ as they sit in jail or as they await being executed. We can forgive them and still execute judgement. We have a responsability to protect the innocent. And it not being done.
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue only. There are more instances of male, female pedophilia then there are male, male or female, female. It more than likely is not about sex at all. It is more about power and sickness. IMO.
Why is there not discussion of the prostitution of minors, sex slaves in the sex trade, male and female with male and female, teachers. Pedophilia within families that are covered up generation after generation. This too is covered up.
Pedophilia is not just about homosexuality and priests. Singling out any one of these shows bigotry towards one or the other.
I wasn't discussing the issue with IANS. I was discussing the magnitude of pedophilia with you. If IANS wants to join the conversation, he is more then welcome, this is a public forum. If someone wants to discuss grace, redemption, restoration, etc. they are welcome to do that as well. Pedophilia and the cover up of it, is commited by people who have no theistic beliefs as well. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542502 Jun 1, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "master's thesis".
Are you going to title it "How I obsess about people posting on Topix"?
Sounds like something a junior high student would do.
lol

dumbass

#542503 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."
Wait wait! He's just sleeping I tell ya! He's all tuckered out from the beating I gave him.
Shouldnt you still be sleeping? Its barely 1:00 PM in Cali..........

Location hidden

#542504 Jun 1, 2013
HL, I 100% agree they absolutely should not be in a position of power. And further, they should be in jail for covering this up.

Location hidden

#542505 Jun 1, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
Shouldnt you still be sleeping? Its barely 1:00 PM in Cali..........
California?

I've never slept in California. I've never been awake there either.

Where do you ride storms?

Location hidden

#542506 Jun 1, 2013
Off to the gym.

#542507 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
California?
I've never slept in California. I've never been awake there either.
Where do you ride storms?
You should be sure to go there. The Pismo Beach area is beautiful, and San Fran is quite interesting. I plan on getting into Yosemite fairly soon, maybe January, to do some hiking.

I must have thought you were from Cali because of your topix name. Thought you were one of them California Beach nicks..........

I'm in Minnesoda

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#542508 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I really didn't know grandparents either
One was murdered before I was born and the other on that side tried her best but there were a lot of other factors for why it was difficult to see her. The ones on the other side, well their idea of being grandparents was apparently putting a check in the mail on birthdays and Christmas.
I didn't know i was missing anything so it never was a factor. But I see the impact my parents have with my God-child (nephew) and that he has on them. I hope they remain close till my parents die. Him being in their lives has done wonders for their mental health and even coping with physical ailments. And they really are teaching him a lot as far as values and manners and morals. Not suggesting my brother and his wife aren't great parents because they are. But they run their own business and to keep it successful in this economy requires a LOT if time. I personally don't see how people raise kids in the first place on their own but grandparents have so much more time with no distractions to give. It has to be a huge help.
Anyway, point is I think it is cool to see people close to their grandparents and there for them at the end. I was around a lot for my dad's sake when his parents passed but it felt like going through the motions on I wasn't close with either one and even that seemed to mean a lot to them. I would have to imagine that is multiplied a thousand fold for grandparents that were always close with their grandkids. I am sure Christ being around is a source of tremendous comfort for his grandmother
(T) Peace
That's really sad with your grandparents Steve...
somehow what we don't know by having them around we don't really miss I guess. I find it fascinating when seeing others still as great grandparents right through to the parents of large families, with all the kids added. I'm sure any grandchild who is fortunate enough to be close at hand must be a comfort. Ja,,, it sounds great for your parents there, and I am glad they are happy with your little nephew too. I know you love him and have fun.

Well it's Sunday here... Hope you have a rested week-end... Keep smiling and always His Peace my Brother Friend.
“The best mind altering drug is the truth.”
Lily Tomlin

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#542509 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You should be sure to go there. The Pismo Beach area is beautiful, and San Fran is quite interesting. I plan on getting into Yosemite fairly soon, maybe January, to do some hiking.
I must have thought you were from Cali because of your topix name. Thought you were one of them California Beach nicks..........
I'm in Minnesoda
I'm your guy.

Socal. On the beach.

Nothing comes close.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#542510 Jun 1, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>This is a great place for pretending?
That's not a nice time to say that when we are discussing the possible loss of a grandmother.
So I'll pretend you didn't say that John, and you pretend I didn't answer.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#542511 Jun 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you evade and deflect in the light of your own unfounded statements, the more you exhibit the fact that you have no ground to have made the statement in the first place...and that your religious "basis" for them is, in itself, erroneous and unfounded.
Again...If you posit that a statement that your deity sets a precedent for the world as right or wrong behavior(especially in the light that they will be "punished" for it), then you had better be able to show that this deity is real and actuality, or you are "blowing hot air".
Matt-7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#542512 Jun 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there might be a misunderstanding about the intent of my tagging onto your previous post and my subsiquent post.
I will try to put it in more simple terms. You addressed pedophilia to a degree. I felt we had common ground here.
Pedophilia is a much larger issue then one single group. Be it homosexuals who are also pedophiles. Or priests that are pedophiles. And in my oppinion, it is wrong to stereotype either or any as such. Another issue you brought up is the cover up. I say many have tried to use this as an excuse to cover up. It totaly is unbiblical. It is bull. These priests/churches/groups are criminals in my oppinion. Moving some one to another place, and then it happens again, and moves them to another place, and this cycle continues over and over again is not forgiveness, redemption, restoration, nothing other than, covering up to protect their interests. A pedophile should go to jail. Their spirit being redeemed and/or restored by the blood of Christ is between them and Christ as they sit in jail or as they await being executed. We can forgive them and still execute judgement. We have a responsability to protect the innocent. And it not being done.
Pedophilia is not a homosexual issue only. There are more instances of male, female pedophilia then there are male, male or female, female. It more than likely is not about sex at all. It is more about power and sickness. IMO.
Why is there not discussion of the prostitution of minors, sex slaves in the sex trade, male and female with male and female, teachers. Pedophilia within families that are covered up generation after generation. This too is covered up.
Pedophilia is not just about homosexuality and priests. Singling out any one of these shows bigotry towards one or the other.
I wasn't discussing the issue with IANS. I was discussing the magnitude of pedophilia with you. If IANS wants to join the conversation, he is more then welcome, this is a public forum. If someone wants to discuss grace, redemption, restoration, etc. they are welcome to do that as well. Pedophilia and the cover up of it, is commited by people who have no theistic beliefs as well. Just some of my thoughts on the matter.
.. all your points are well taken ..

.. you probably see forgiveness and redemption differently than the RCC and some Christians and other churches. For you, it's probably real. For others, it's not. For instance, "Pastor Chuck Phelps heads up Trinity Baptist Church in Concord, New Hampshire and he played a key role in covering up the rape of a 15-year-old girl in the church." ..

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

.. while it doesn't matter what organization conceals crimes of this nature, churches must monitor such abuses or they will continue to incur public outrage ..

.. "19% of females and 9% of males experience sexual abuse."(1) With such statistics, all responsible adults must monitor people who have authority over children ..

(1)*Page 19, MORTAL SINS

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#542514 Jun 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Matt-7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
.. it didn't work. I asked Alice to come over this weekend and she said her foot hurt, phantom pain. Do you think she was fibbing ??..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#542515 Jun 1, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Matt-7:7
Do you sell oceanfront property in Arizona too?

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542516 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm in Minnesoda
I'm in Vermont. I'm hiking the Appalachian Trail a little bit at a time. So far, I've hiked a little over 500 miles. One day I'll make it all the way to Georgia.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#542520 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
It sounds like capital punishment.... except no-one gets punished if they kill an innocent person due to an error in the judicial system, do they? Just put it down to a 'mistake' and pay compensation of some sort to the family, these days.

Who does the punishing of the Master who struck the Slave? And what did the Slave do to be struck? You can't just take a Scripture and make fun of it and without giving it any thought.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#542521 Jun 1, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
***Wrongful execution is a miscarriage of justice occurring when an innocent person is put to death by capital punishment, the "death penalty." Cases of wrongful execution are cited as an argument by opponents of capital punishment.[1]

A number of people are claimed to have been innocent victims of the death penalty.[2][3] Newly-available DNA evidence has allowed the exoneration and release of more than 15 death row inmates since 1992 in the United States,[4] but DNA evidence is available in only a fraction of capital cases. Others have been released on the basis of weak cases against them, sometimes involving prosecutorial misconduct; resulting in acquittal at retrial, charges dropped, or innocence-based pardons. The Death Penalty Information Center (U.S.) has published a list of 8 inmates "executed but possibly innocent".[5] At least 39 executions are claimed to have been carried out in the U.S. in the face of evidence of innocence or serious doubt about guilt.[6]

In the UK, reviews prompted by the Criminal Cases Review Commission have resulted in one pardon and three exonerations for people executed between 1950 and 1953 (when the execution rate in England and Wales averaged 17 per year), with compensation being paid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_executi... ***

Imagine how our history books are going to look in a couple of thousand years or more? How many innocent people have the courts had killed since they came into being? Laugh away.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 979,274
how can i get panties? (Jul '10) 5 min I am straight 15 ... 34
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min Rosa_Winkel 445,559
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr Squirtss7602 31
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr spinosaurus baryo... 92,257
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr truth 667,516
More from around the web