May 31, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
>apologies, edited for space.<

Phonetic Spelling:'ay-law'
Parts of Speech: Proper Name
Definition: Elah = "An oak"
Several points to learn:
1. "elahh" is the way the word "hhla" (spelled from right to left as it is Aramaic) is pronounced.
2. The words "Elahh", "hhla (read from right to left)" and "Allah" all have the "h" letter and pronunciation in them.
3- "Allah" in Arabic is pronounced as "Al-lawh" or "Al-lah" depending on the sentence that it is used in. In Arabic, the sound of the word "Allah" could be thicker (Allawh) or thinner (Allah) depending on the sentence.
4- The Aramaic word "hhla (read from right to left)", which is transliterated as "elahh" which means "GOD" is pronounced as "El-aw" as show above.
5- The Aramaic word "hla (read from right to left)", which is transliterated as "elah" which means "oak" is pronounced as "Ay-law" also as shown above.
6- "Allah" in Arabic is pronounced as "Al-lawh" or "Al-lah" depending on the sentence that it is used in. In Arabic, the sound of the word "Allah" could be thicker (Allawh) or thinner (Allah) depending on the sentence.
7- The Hebew word "Elohim" is the plural of "Elowah", which is derived from the Aramaic word "Alaha", or "Elahh"; the same as the Arabic word "Allah" or "Allawh" in pronunciation.
If we pronounce the words "Allah" in Arabic and "Elahh (pronounced as 'El-aw')" in Aramaic, then we would hear almost the same exact word.
In Arabic it is important to know that the letter "h" is inserted at the end of every word that ends with the "a" sound. For instance, take my name "Osama". Although it is pronounced as "Osama", but in Arabic it is written as "Osamah". If you pronounce "Osama" and pay close attention to your pronunciation, then you would notice that you are pronouncing it as "Osamah". There is a small "h" pronunciation at the end of it. Take another example "Maria". In Arabic, it is written as "Mariah", because of the slight "h" pronunciation at the end of it. "Angela" is also written as "Angelah" and so on. Arabic does not ignore the slight "h" pronunciation at the end of the words that have the "a" sound at the end of them.
In the case of "Allah". In Arabic, it is in many cases pronounced heavily as "Alla" and slightly as "Allah" unless the person purposely pronounces the "h", which would then be pronounced heavily as "Allah".
In the case of the Aramaic word "El-law (hhla)" above, if you pronouce the word, then you will notice a slight pronunciation of the letter "h". The pronunciation of the word "El-law" is pronounced heavily as "El-law" or "El-la", but it is also pronounced slightly as "El-lah" or "El-lawh" or "Al-lah" or "Allah". Arabic as I said inserts the letter "h" at the end of the words that end with the "a" pronunciation, thus making "Osama" be "Osamah", "Maria" be "Mariah", "Alla" be "Allah", etc...
Source(s):
"El-law" or "El-lawh" in Aramaic means "GOD", while "Eloi" in Aramaic means "My GOD" as Jesus used the word "Eloi" when he was delivered up to the Romans and said "My GOD My GOD why have you forsaken me?(Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani?)....(Mark 15:34)"
In Arabic, "GOD" means "Allah", and "My GOD" means "Ilahi" or "Elahi" which is derived from the word "Allah".
All that you say here Adam is correct and makes perfect sense. there's one problem though....The Most High One is not a god or God or gawd or gott or got.

So I don't know. You make a lot of sense but where does the word God and Lord come from. See what you find and let me know.
Elohiym (Elohim) is modern translated as God, but god, or gott or got while being a Norse Sun deity, got its original meaning from gosh, gost, ghost. Basically and more accurately, a spiritual or incorporeal entity. Without shape or form, smoke and light.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
WITH you always... mmmmmmmmmmmm much pain IS felt B/man!
I have been feeling it for some time now. Most won't understand but you might. My daughter aske me a few days ago what was wrong. I told her I don't know, but it's not good. Something is not right. Great sorrow.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
you need to learn the distingtion between religion and a true born again experience in Christ Jesus.
Religion is pretty sickening, huh? You're not the first to notice. You're not even the first Christian on this thread to distance himself from religion.
LAWEST100 wrote:
Yes, you need to he prayed for very badly
That would be so valuable. Thank you so very much.

And to show my gratitude, I will chant to Mother Earth for you while wearing a pyramid.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Joe dugooder wrote:
The redemptive work of Jesus is complete. Be great full!
Www.newdrivewaypaving.com
Amen

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey PW !!
Thanks. The last time I took a long walk, I had two real legs. This is taking some trial and error. I've only fallen about 30 times so far. Stupid mountains :)
I can believe that... but as far as falling goes... I do that with 2 legs !!!
Take Care and keep smiling. <3

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
You're mocking????
Yeah. Couldn't you tell?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was a flaming homosexual.
Unless you can prove he wasn't, then he was.
Why do you follow the teachings of a known homosexual?
*Christian logic*
Jesus? Who is Jesus? Was there ever a Hebrew called Jesus? What you say here about this person, you know for sure, right?

CS.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You came in here and saw us. We have nothing to prove to you people. You want to tell us why we're so wrong and how our beliefs are myths and superstitions, then come with some evidence and solid reasoning. Of course, all you guys do is sling accusations then you complain about being judged. Time the hypocrisy stops feller; show us what your 21st century brain is capable of.
CS.
what a load of old shite....LMFAO

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Just blowing thru and I see you CS... but need time to to get back to you with this epistle! Thank you for sharing and taking the time... until later. 10 am Sat here now.
Lovely! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, my sermon was quite long, but I do look forward to your response.

Shalom and have a great day PW.

Andrew (CS).
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree. Being blind or deaf (or whatever) is just different. Who are those who can hear and see to say that such people miss out on anything? Blind and deaf people focus more on the abilities they have; they can specialize, while the rest of us are generalists. They might notice more details with their other senses than we do.
And as I pointed out before, there is plenty that humans can't sense at all. We can normally only hear and see in a very narrow band of sound and light. Are our lives impoverished because we can't see in the X-ray spectrum? Or hear frequencies below 20 hertz? Humans also don't have wings, so should birds consider us handicapped because we cannot fly, and pity us?
And just think about the scorn cats have for us.
You can never own a cat, they own you and let you know it.
:D

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your favorite person, Saul/Paul, women can only be saved by giving birth ("if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety"). 1 Timothy 2:15
According to Biblical Scholars of the last 200 years, Timothy 1&2 are not authentic letters from Paul. AS much as I dislike Paul, I can;t pin this rubbish on him.

"Nineteenth and twentieth century scholarship questioned the authenticity of the letter, with many scholars suggesting that First Timothy, along with Second Timothy and Titus, are not original to Paul, but rather an unknown Christian writing some time in the late-first-to-mid-2nd century.[2] Most scholars now affirm this view.[3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to...

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say, to satisfy your views.
I suppose you'd say that it's also "natural" to be left-handed?
I'm left handed, the Greek for left handedness being, "sinister".

I needed to learn to shoot right handed as the SLR, L85A1/2 and the Diemaco C8A1DG eject to the right....but other than that...I feel fine.

....but I can't use a fountain pen.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
.....she has scummy balls

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been feeling it for some time now. Most won't understand but you might. My daughter aske me a few days ago what was wrong. I told her I don't know, but it's not good. Something is not right. Great sorrow.
You are there in America I believe... and much is not right in many places on earth. But I do understand such feelings - and thankfully my husband believes me having witnessed enough - but sadly... they have 99% turned out to be right. The immediate tragedies are in truth going on all the time somewhere, but others seem to hit our senses hard and awake, even if asleep at the time.
eg. I was being shown round Ozland in a camper-van for 5 years, yet woke wide awake just as the pentagon was hit, and saw it on the TV.+ the towers fall. The other was the Japan tsunami / Fukushima. Just mentioning these 2 here, but been like this all my life... Maybe a result of being involved in so much rescue work...+ war zones. But if even the ants know to head to higher trees, or the creatures higher ground, we are not 'without felling' for suffering souls if such tragedies are in the air. What gets me is that no-one counts 'religion' then! It's called 'C~A~R~I~N~G'
Be safe B/man and God Bless.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm left handed, the Greek for left handedness being, "sinister".
I needed to learn to shoot right handed as the SLR, L85A1/2 and the Diemaco C8A1DG eject to the right....but other than that...I feel fine.
....but I can't use a fountain pen.
I am also left-handed.

We have to be far more ambidextrous--scissors are a good example. Right-handed people have no idea.

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
*******BREAKING NEWSFLASH*********
individuals have the free-will and ability to choose what they do and don't do with their bodies and what they like and dislike!!!
for instance, that cabana-boy didn't just inadvertantly bend you over and slip his ying up your yang without your having anything to do with it!:)
seriously....when you were the Japanese waif...

...who were you hiding from?

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Another chip of the same block, both have their roots in the Jewish religious fanatics, the Galilean or Zealots. After their uprising led to the destruction of Jerusalem, three Zealot tribes moved to the Arabian desert where they lived in three oases. There they started to convert Arabs to their beliefs. Jews were very much proselyting in those days. That is the root cause of all this religious fanaticism today.
The claim that Mohammed improved the position of the woman is totally untrue. In fact Mohamed himself started his career as an employee of a Widow. Because he showed promise she promoted him to caravan leader.
She asked him to marry her! She was 15 years older. She was 40 and he was 25. So who was the boss? During his entire marriage Mohammed never dared lay eyes on another women and was monogamous. After she died he married some 14 other women and had sex with 22.
Why do women have to veil themselves? the reason was that one afternoon Mohamed visited his closest friend and nephew Ali. He was not at home his wife told him. Mohamed saw the bare skin of his friends wife and got so sexually attracted to here, that he wanted her.
He made his friend Ali divorce his wife, so he could marry her. This outraged the community. Mohammed then had a new revelation from God (he would fall to the ground and move wildly like in an epileptic attack). then he said God had said he should marry the women and his men accepted it. That is when the blame was put on the women. The wife had enticed Mohammed. Man were simply not strong enough to resist such an attack. All women had to be veiled.
So what about Islam? It is the same religious monopoly as Christianity and like Christianity is has a tradition of oppressing women. All ideologies are creations of man, not women. Christianity and Islam are purely male affairs. Simply look at the Christian God, he is three things:
- Father = male
- Son = male
- spirit = male
You may not know this but spirit is male, nature is female (It is Mother Nature and Father heaven), So even if the Christian god has three aspects they are all purely male. Nothing female allowed. The spirit must free itself from the body (Matter from Mater or mother) The man must reject the woman to be free. In fact homosexuality among males was also based on this. Women were considered to low for real love, they were only good for reproduction, to produce sons, more males.
These religions are hopelessly rigid and incomplete and run by males. That is the underlying problem. Free the woman and better religion will come from this. Than we can enjoy life like normal healthy people again without this distrust of pleasure of the flesh.
But you can not force this. These religions are based on male dominance, on war. To overcome that females must use their own force which is true love. Man do not have true love. Read the Bible, Jesus love is male love. A father's love is demanding discipline. A father will say: I don't like this, but am doing this for you. I repress my love for you, so you will learn.(see the sadomasochism in this)
If we can restore religion like in old Egypt or Greece in which Women play an equal part than everything will become more harmonious again. Yes women have to save the world, not man with their theoretical ideas and ideals. And they must do it by demanding their share, but not by starting to behave like a man. Man and Women are fundamentally different beings.
Women will change Islam, you wait, and you will see. Women are not weak, they are mentally stronger than man, if they can put their mind to something.
tl;dr

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
what a load of old shite....LMFAO
So, you're a shite hunter or shite spotter? you seem to have the nose for it.

:)+)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Where in the Bible does it condone slavery? In the passage where it says slaves obey your masters you need to read the entire passage it is making the point that when we get dealt a bad hand (such as amaster beating his slave for no reason or even being a slave) we turn over our suffering to God instead of reacting badly or violently.
That's a nice god you worship there.

I'll bet he cares about hostages and rape victims just as much as slaves, people who would also be well advised to obey their tormentors.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, your lack of an education shows even more when you can't distinguish the difference between Australia and New Zealand.
It amuses me tho. They now have gay marriage in NZ so I would be rubbing his face in that - if I was a Kiwi.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 519,501 - 519,520 of596,585
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

505 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min scaritual 680,525
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min Go Le Gay Levi GO 109,705
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min NUTS AMERICA 37,882
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 512,235
5000th post wins game (Apr '13) 13 min andet1987 1,388
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min BenAdam 217,104
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 23 min spunkslut69 262
•••
•••
•••