Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#542362 Jun 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
You've been very inappropriate.
I think that you'll find that Christians will have increasingly less say in deciding what is appropriate as time passes. These things are determined by popular opinion, and we are in a state of transition from an age of a nearly complete religiosity to the opposite. As you have seen, there is a growing contingent that finds you inappropriate. I predict that it won't be long before you'll have to closet your religious opinions to escape nearly universal ridicule for expressing them.

But that's only fair, right?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#542363 Jun 1, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Pray for the people in this tornado's path. This is bad. I am feeling like this is the worst in my lifetime. Many deaths I feel. Pray people, Pray
Pray? Seriously? Let me help out by contemplating my navel.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omp...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#542364 Jun 1, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Try us.
Uggghh

I deal with men Ians, not people who can't even speak for themselves. So trust me, I have no need to convince you of anything
<quoted text>
Is that what you meant by respect? What kind of respect were you hoping for in return?
I don't want or need any respect from a bigot. You are irrelevant to me. You were irrelevant to America when you were here and now you are irrelevant to Mexico

Why is it so important for you to convince yourself that others care about your opinion or why you don't believe or that they want your respect?

Oh right, the small group of insecure sycophants you are in a co-dependent relationship with has skewed your perception of reality. Trust me IANS, nobody outside of your Internet fantasy cares what you think about their choices.

Tell it to your burro

Hey, Maybe that can be like the Mexican version of "talk to the hand"?

LOL

Location hidden

#542365 Jun 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Alice
This not a lesbian thread. Why are you here?
Because she is one of the coolest posters on Topix and most people enjoy her company

She brings a lot of laughter to the table and some pretty good insights

You might give it a try instead of just having horse blinders on and homosexuality on the brain

How bad must things be when how other people live their life is more important to you then what is going on in your own?

Just saying

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#542366 Jun 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
… That is what makes Christianity unique compared to other religions, it demands the most belief.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
“It demands nothing from me... do not go to church... in fact, am a ball of energy living in spirit which is tuned only to the Truth like a true magnetic compass, yet that can't be proven... tho' it's true.
<quoted text>
Religious "truth" is different from regular truth.
Regular truth is the quality that facts posses, facts being defined as linguistic strings that accurately map a piece of reality.
Our minds attempt to discover what is true and create an accurate map of reality. If you cannot verify that a "road" on your mental map corresponds to an actual "road" out there - road meaning any feature of reality in this - the road is not a fact, and claims about it have no truth value.
Does your map contains angels and magic? It may be comforting, but calling it truth to others just undermines your credibility whenever you use the word thereafter.
What is religious truth teddy when there are so many religions, and how can I explain further what I have in detail in my book, yet will not detail here due to it not having been published as yet ? Sufficient for me to know it is truth, and anyone else can decide where it fits in then, as facts are I will expose a lot!

I don't really care who believes me or not, as have been down that road too often of disbelief by anyone... let alone acceptance by dogmatic Christians, but there is no point in sharing what is not, nor deceiving anyone. Some facts are still coming to light... this is my life... is very real... and as real is true... that's as much as I am prepared to share of this in here.

I do not deal in magic, and 'angel' is what my mother was, so they are not new to me. Truth is I was not seeking to discover anything, nor on any different road, yet some reality moments in my life have been the most unexpected. This was one of them... so for here it will remain as my written words when answering...

Perhaps one day you will read about it... but not under fiction.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#542367 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Pray? Seriously? Let me help out by contemplating my navel.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/omp...
Why not pray to the all-powerful that the tornado's stop?

Because we might find out it does not work?

The all-powerful is not so powerful anymore.
He could not even save himself from the cross
that is why he quickly left
and now relies on humans to do the work

But in stead of praying, helping the victims is a better a idea.
No, not by collecting money for them, that the pastors pocket themselves
No by going to the area and help them
And if you want to spend money
give it in person

Cut out the middleman
do good yourself
and you will actually become a better person
The real spiritual laws are written in your heart
not in a book

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#542368 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she is one of the coolest posters on Topix and most people enjoy her company
She brings a lot of laughter to the table and some pretty good insights
Ditto!
Hey Dare Brother... good to catch you. Always busy Ja? Still night shift same place? Think of you often, and trust you are well. Take care and be Safe.
Always in His Love and Peace

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#542369 Jun 1, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are quoting from the Torah not the Christian Bible
WHU?

Are you kidding? Did you really type that?

Let's see what Christian websites have to say. Lemme see, a link to a Protestant and Catholic site should suffice, no?

Protestant:
*Ask The Pastor*

"The term Old Testament is a Christian term. The term Torah is a Jewish term. If you are asking if the Old Testament of the Christians is the same as the Torah of the Jews, yes, it would be the same. The term Torah generally speaks of the first five books of Moses. When Jewish people speak of all the Old Testament writings, they use the term Tanach.(Or Tanakh.) The Tanakh speaks of the three sections of the Jewish Bible, which is the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings."
http://www.christianchallenge.org/ask/TorahOl...

Catholic:
*What is the difference between the Torah and the Old Testament in the Catholic Bible?*

"Torah comes from the Hebrew word for "law" and refers to the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy—also known as the Pentateuch(...)When we as Catholics refer to the Old Testament, we are referring to all forty-six books of the Bible written before Christ, including the first five that the Jews call the Torah."
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/what-i...

Also:
"According to Jewish tradition (later adopted by Christianity) the Torah was dictated to Moses by God, with the exception of the last eight verses of Deuteronomy, which describe the death and burial of Moses."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah#Compositi...

But that doesn't matter. We weren't talking about Mosaic law as something that Christians were to follow, only that slavery was condoned by the deity -*see above*- "the Torah was dictated to Moses by God".

So, the Torah as dictated to Moses by the Yahweh!*>is<* a part of the Christian bible(OT/NT), and the points raised about slavery in the OT, still carried over into the NT as the verses supplied here, http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , show:
scaritual wrote:
The NT didn't abolish slavery or change anything stated in the OT, it only stated that all people, slave, Gentile etc., were open to following the NT/OT - religion. Mark 14:66, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Colossians 3:11,1 Timothy 6:1-2
There are likely more verses in the OT/NT that speak of slavery in the sense that it was natural, and condoned by the deity. Something that was a part of daily life. Genesis would be a good example of this, since it's said to have been communicated to the Moses! by the Yahweh!, for instance.
If people insist there was contamination of biblical text by tampering/addition/editing, then consider just how much of it you can trust as being "the Yahweh! words", or the words and desires of man himself, and not from the deity at all.
There are more verses in the NT in which slavery was spoken of as still an average and non-issue component of day to day life(just as it was in the OT).

The Jesus! words=> Luke 12:47-48 Go ahead, claim it was a parable, literary device, etc...

All you're saying is that the Jesus! used an evident and accepted aspect of daily life - one that he was a part of and implicitly approved of - since he said nothing to abolish it - to "teach" with.

It is said in the myth he was an exemplary Jew.
Skombolis wrote:
If you have a problem, take it up with Judaism as Christians are not under Mosaic law
You can say Mosaic law doesn't apply to Christians, but Mosaic law at the time did for the "Messiah".

Even the Pharisees could not find fault with the "Messiah"=>John 8:46

It's your religion, you should know or consider these things, no?

Location hidden

#542370 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's one you might like:
“A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.”- James Feibleman
==========
I like this guy's way of telling that your god is mythical, not real. From http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/inde...
"Top 12 Warning Signs of Mythical Gods."
1. The words of men (written or spoken) are presented as being the Word(s) of God.
2. God speaks to you in a voice only you can hear, even if other people are within easy hearing distance of you.
3. God never tells you anything you couldn't have come up with on your own.
4. The miracles you can verify don't really require supernatural intervention, and the miracles that require supernatural intervention, you can't really verify.
5. You take people's belief or disbelief in God as an indicator of their moral condition.
6. Over the course of history, your religion tends to divide into various sectarian theologies corresponding to various personality types, cultures, and other social factors, rather than converging on a single, common, increasingly detailed and specific understanding of God's nature and will.
7. Those who believe in your God evolve a "spiritual" jargon in which terms like "seeing," "hearing," "presence," "touch," and so on mean things that don't involve literally seeing, literally hearing, literally being present, literally touching, etc.
8. God is routinely given all the credit for things men do on His behalf.
9. Later revelations from God require a reinterpretation of what God "really meant" in some of His earlier revelations.
10. You need to apply a different standard of proof when judging your own beliefs than what you would accept as valid when judging the beliefs of others.
11. Your beliefs about God include inconsistencies, difficulties, and self-contradictions that can only be excused by appealing to the idea that "God works in mysterious ways" and "God's thoughts are not man's thoughts."
and of course…..
12. You never ever actually see or hear him, in the literal sense of seeing or hearing.
Thanks, all good stuff.

<adds to Heresy file>

Location hidden

#542371 Jun 1, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not pray to the all-powerful that the tornado's stop?
Because we might find out it does not work?
The all-powerful is not so powerful anymore.
He could not even save himself from the cross
that is why he quickly left
and now relies on humans to do the work
But in stead of praying, helping the victims is a better a idea.
No, not by collecting money for them, that the pastors pocket themselves
No by going to the area and help them
And if you want to spend money
give it in person
Cut out the middleman
do good yourself
and you will actually become a better person
The real spiritual laws are written in your heart
not in a book
Nobody had advocated prayer in leau of helping

We help where we can and we also pray that if it is God's will He alleviates the suffering of others

It is telling to me that someone would have such a problem with that.

Is your hatred of religion really that strong?

When you were a Christian, did you only pray and not help people because you prayed for him because it was an either or proposition? I am sure the answer is no. So why promote an idea about prayer and how people approach it that you know is false? Just because you know it will be well-received in certain groups to say do something instead of pray even knowing people do both?

Is your hatred of religion really that strong that you would sacrifice your integrity?

You may not see it but trust me, you are on the road to becoming IANS

I would advise you do some serious thinking on your approach and who you want to be

Since: May 11

London, UK

#542372 Jun 1, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was cured of golf in my first experience, attempting to play with right-handed clubs.
I was never a 'golfist', I remember when it came time for appraisals in the army the golfists would suddenly start their springtime rut...

The rest of us who didn't have any 'assessment sticks' would just sit back and be regaled by fabulous stories of how a mans ego was crushed by his inability to hit a plastic ball in a straight line and how the boss recovered from the rough with great aplomb...

There is a lecture on justice by Michael Sandel from 2008 where there is a comment made about golf and how tiger woods can not be compared to michael jordan....well my goddness you could pretty much feel the crackles coming from the heads of the golfists.

http://fora.tv/2008/07/04/Michael_Sandel_Just...

Don't you be calling their sport a "game" LMFAO

Location hidden

#542373 Jun 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro. Asking for prayer this day. Don't think my Granny is going to live much longer. God's blessings.
I'm sorry to hear that.

I had a Granny too.

Location hidden

#542374 Jun 1, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> WHU?
Are you kidding? Did you really type that?
Let's see what Christian websites have to say. Lemme see, a link to a Protestant and Catholic site should suffice, no?
Protestant:
*Ask The Pastor*
"The term Old Testament is a Christian term. The term Torah is a Jewish term. If you are asking if the Old Testament of the Christians is the same as the Torah of the Jews, yes, it would be the same. The term Torah generally speaks of the first five books of Moses. When Jewish people speak of all the Old Testament writings, they use the term Tanach.(Or Tanakh.) The Tanakh speaks of the three sections of the Jewish Bible, which is the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings."
http://www.christianchallenge.org/ask/TorahOl...
Catholic:
*What is the difference between the Torah and the Old Testament in the Catholic Bible?*
"Torah comes from the Hebrew word for "law" and refers to the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy—also known as the Pentateuch(...)When we as Catholics refer to the Old Testament, we are referring to all forty-six books of the Bible written before Christ, including the first five that the Jews call the Torah."
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/what-i...
Also:
"According to Jewish tradition (later adopted by Christianity) the Torah was dictated to Moses by God, with the exception of the last eight verses of Deuteronomy, which describe the death and burial of Moses."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah#Compositi...
But that doesn't matter. We weren't talking about Mosaic law as something that Christians were to follow, only that slavery was condoned by the deity -*see above*- "the Torah was dictated to Moses by God".
So, the Torah as dictated to Moses by the Yahweh!*>is<* a part of the Christian bible(OT/NT), and the points raised about slavery in the OT, still carried over into the NT as the verses supplied here, http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , show: <quoted text>
There are more verses in the NT in which slavery was spoken of as still an average and non-issue component of day to day life(just as it was in the OT).
The Jesus! words=> Luke 12:47-48 Go ahead, claim it was a parable, literary device, etc...
All you're saying is that the Jesus! used an evident and accepted aspect of daily life - one that he was a part of and implicitly approved of - since he said nothing to abolish it - to "teach" with.
It is said in the myth he was an exemplary Jew.
<quoted text> You can say Mosaic law doesn't apply to Christians, but Mosaic law at the time did for the "Messiah".
Even the Pharisees could not find fault with the "Messiah"=>John 8:46
It's your religion, you should know or consider these things, no?
I know you think Googling has made you look smart but it really hasn't.

You quoted from Vayikra

Check out your own link that says

"Torah comes from the Hebrew word for "law" and refers to the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy

That is what was incorporated into Christianity

Do you see the book of Vayikra listed there?

Do you know the difference between Judaism and Christianity?

Do you know the difference between Mosaic Law and the New Testament?

You don't. It's obvious you don't. And all the Googling doesn't seem capable of changing that. But I would suggest you continue till you get it right
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#542375 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Here's a little culture for you, yesterday's Word Of The Day form Urban Dictionary: vurp
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
There's more where that came from. I've got culture coming out my ass.
High culture is what you'll always get there. It's good for all the words too embarrassing to ask someone. Lol

I have done that before.

Location hidden

#542376 Jun 1, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto!
Hey Dare Brother... good to catch you. Always busy Ja? Still night shift same place? Think of you often, and trust you are well. Take care and be Safe.
Always in His Love and Peace
LOL, I might have used a different word that shift (as in same crap different day) but yeah, still night shift, same place

And the beat goes on

da da da...da da da

Meh, it pays the bills and then some. I guess in this economy I shouldn't complain

Glad i got to see you too sister

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#542377 Jun 1, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If I heard somebody say EPHESIANS, I'd say bless you.
Sneezing ain't for sissies.
Or maybe "Jesundheit!".

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#542378 Jun 1, 2013
<quoted text>
... more scintillating conversation like "Shalom and much love, health and prosperity my friend PW"
lol... I even had to look up that word, scintillating. Better a friendly word than a bitter one.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#542379 Jun 1, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. ridicule is the earmark of all bullies ..
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree.
Sure, bullies may ridicule. But ridicule is not essential to bullying, and ridicule does not make something bullying. The Christian church bullies with angry, judgmental lies much more than ridicule. And ridiculing it is not bullying. It is a defense against bullying. Ridicule is the great equalizer against the angry, harsh judgment coming from the pulpit. It is much kinder, because it doesn't ask you to hurt the target like the angry scapegoating from the church, just laugh at it.
We can offer reasoned argument to those that can care about such things, and appeal to the consciences of those that have them. But ridicule is useful to intimidate those not amenable to either.
“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus." -Thomas Jefferson
"If religion contained any truth, it could be ridiculed, insulted, even defiled, without being diminished in any way. Its truth would shine through: undimmed, unblemished, shaming those who abused it into silence." - Pat Condell
.. for the most part, you ridicule ideas. That's cool. When people ridicule others because they are different, it's not cool. That's the sign of a bully ..

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#542380 Jun 1, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey bro. Asking for prayer this day. Don't think my Granny is going to live much longer. God's blessings.
It must be great to have one Chris... I didn't know grandparents. but join with you there for your comfort. We are at that stage with my husband's Mum... God Bless and take Care over there.

Location hidden

#542381 Jun 1, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Alice
This not a lesbian thread. Why are you here?
BTW, Congratulations.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Tellthetruth 988,615
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 hr Tellthetruth 37,310
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 2 hr Johnny 18
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,554
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 3 hr Johnny 24
Why doesn't God STOP the world's MADNESS and in... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 10
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr oneear69 688,931
More from around the web