|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One book and many articles and opinion pieces, in legal journals, newspapers and other publications.
Regrettably, not once have I used the word "dude" in any of my writings.
I'm thinking of doing it though, just for you.
You must footnote it!

<smile>

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only got one computing article published decades ago and only been citied in a single history book... an art history one at that. LOL
I was told (to cheer me up) that "To be published is a priviledge, to be cited is an honor." < OK, I'll delude myself with that for a while. <smiles>
This is what HL told me:

"To be punished is a privilege, to be cited is because you didn't lower the shades".

:-)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You must footnote it!
<smile>
Your life STINKS.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree that Christianity was not intended to succeed Judaism. That's the whole reason the Hebrew Bible was included in the Christian Bible. Jesus was supposed to be the Jewish savior (never mind that Jesus didn't fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah was supposed to be/what he was supposed to do).
I don't know why you attack Christianity yet give Judaism a pass. Judaism is alot more warlike than Christianity, at least ideologically. Christianity in practice has been more warlike simply because the Jews were dispersed into a diaspora; they had no more opportunity to ethnically cleanse their neighbors. So I'd say that all of the Abrahamic religions are potentially dangerous to a civil society and are morally outdated.
Agreed. the best thing that happened to Judaism was the destruction of the Temple and diaspora of 70AD onward.
In many respects, Reform Judaism has (unintentionally) continued what Jesus (allegedly) preached far better than (Pauline)Chrisitanity has.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
I'm taking a couple days off. My foot hurts and I'm in no hurry.
I could come pick you up.

I'll leave right away.

http://traditions.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/...

I'll be there around Septemberish.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Thank you for bringing up Midrash.
Dang you that I am too tired to post at length.

Midrash in Judaism is considered opinion. It does not hold the weight of authority. Unlike Christian Dogma and Apologetics, it can be rejected out of hand if one so chooses without personal condemnation.
Midrash at it's core is a contradictory assemblage of Rabbinical attempts to solve Scriptural contradictions and omissions. In so doing, it made the waters even muddier. Any honest Rabbi will admit that.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> The Midrash and its function. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash , also http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encycl... (1913)/Midrashim
More about slavery in the OT from Judaic Midrash halakha, "VE-eileh ha-mishpatim" (AND these are the statutes). It was a deeper explanation kept by the Rabbi's concerning OT text. An exegesis of the Torah....

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Pray for the people in this tornado's path. This is bad. I am feeling like this is the worst in my lifetime. Many deaths I feel. Pray people, Pray
You must give an offering to the Tasmanian Devil.

I recommend a bunny rabbit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Adam wrote:
HOMOSEXUALS ARE EVIL ITīS IN THEIR NATURE.
Reported !!!

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Never been to India or had Hindi friends, eh ?
ROFLMAO
I was fortunate to be have had an Indian household as part of our extended family as a child.
You are like Trifecta explaining homosexuality.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinduism a very old "religion", probably the oldest, in which male and female still have equal places.
Actually it is not a religion. Westerners think it is a religion because they can not conceive that thousands of very different cults could live harmoniously, if Protestants and Catholics can not even go through the same door without murdering each other ferociously.
Hinduism does not exist, it is a name given by the English to the complex, incredibly divers practices, rituals, philosophies they saw. But since there was no religious fight they concluded this was the most chaotic and confusing religion they ever saw. A mess.
Hinduism is the religious freedom we also had in the Roman empire before Christianity. But Hinduism is based on an entirely different culture than western culture. Hinduism is based on the idea that religious freedom and diversity is based on social conformity....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I could come pick you up.
I'll leave right away.
http://traditions.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/...
I'll be there around Septemberish.
Is that a picture of Waaasssuuup and his wife?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave CS alone. Why are you always persecuting us Chrisjewlims ?
LOL
CS is such a pompous ass.

I can't help goofing on him.

Monsieur le YahwehBonMarche.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...forget golf.
I was cured of golf in my first experience, attempting to play with right-handed clubs.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
I can make Kaitlin look like a school girl at a slumber party.
The choice is always yours.
:)

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Pray for the people in this tornado's path. This is bad. I am feeling like this is the worst in my lifetime. Many deaths I feel. Pray people, Pray
God's will, not mine, be done.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh Lacez, Lacez, Lacez, woe is you, right? Still playing the martyr card? You, the most persecuted of all that has suffered in Topix kingdom.

I'm not sure you would know an insult if it hit you in the face dear chap. All I'm asking you to do is lay down your persecution complex for a few days, not because I want to be friends, but for the sake of reasoning. Nothing else, but it seems you can't manage it.

All your wasted yelling and hollering and complaining, where is it going to get you? What are you trying to prove? Who are you trying to convince? What is your point old chap? If you would see how awfully pointless this obsession of yours with pointing out bad guys dressed as wolves and play red riding hood is, then you would see that no one is chasing you. there is no hunting party and no grandma's house.

Now, I can't convince you of anything, but obviously there is much fear in you, and where there is fear, there is pain, and where there is pain, there is darkness and suffering. You are no tower nor are you an island fortress lad. All I'm asking you to do is to use your brain for something useful.

You have no idea how boring this place is fast becoming, with the exception of a few posters. What do you fear? If you fear nothing, then you would have no problems with my simple request.

Right?

CS.
You know, usually when asking someone to stop pointing out your insults to them, you stop insulting them so they have nothing to point out.
To be reasonable is to not insult someone when they aren't insulting you back, not even remotely.

See, when wishing to have a civil conversation, you don't insult the opponent, for that is obviously not a civil interaction.
I do see that you do not wish to be civil though.

Regarding my motives here, I've already explained that multiple times.
I do it for the entertainment, for one.
Though the second reason ties in to the first; I am here to show anyone who happens to come across this forum how you are uncivil.
It shows when you attack and insult me without any provocation.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>In the words of my good friend Anti-Theist:

We will think for you.
May I use that in the future?
So many great quotes being used by you and IANS.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The good part is you do not have to agree with me. We can see things differently and both be right from another perspective...
The thing you are lacking is facts, reality and honesty.

It is not a matter of difference of opinion. You are making stuff up and calling it truth.

I am under the impression that you are simply a pathological liar. That can be treated. OTOH, you may simply be a common lying asshole. There doesn't seem to be a cure yet for that.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>It amuses me tho. They now have gay marriage in NZ so I would be rubbing his face in that - if I was a Kiwi.
Soon, most first world countries will have it, for it is the right thing to do.
These people believe, somehow, that same sex marriage would affect their lives. There is no evidence for that, obviously.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a homosexual with a foot fetish. He really enjoyed washing the feet of the men in his harem.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Can you show me a scripture where teh Jesus denies being homosexual?
In Hebrew the word for foot was often used as asubstitute for the word penis.

One could legitimately translate the woman washing Jesus feet with her hair as a very erotic act.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I save that sort of thing for evidence based thinkers. Faith based thinkers don't require evidence or reason to believe, nor do they respect it.
Amen :P

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

335 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min UidiotRaceMakeWorldPEace 172,602
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min River Tam 722,580
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min ocxz 115,849
**** jesus loves you **** (Aug '07) 21 min Truths 48,600
reason topix is GOING OUT OF STYLE 32 min Why because u 12
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Patrick 224,740
Same -sex marriages are of OF THE DEVIL 1 hr passing by 16
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Commander Bunny 257,179
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Liam 533,887