“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#542140 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The deaf or blind person may think it's natural for them as well, but that still makes their condition a handicap or a birth defect.
Being born blind or deaf is defective and not natural. It's not a slur against them, it's just a fact. A blind or deaf person is severely limited to experience life fully.
Just as the religionist may think it is "natural" to them, except the "religionist" chooses to become "handicapped" in his thinking(in that an unproven/unnatural deity)that controls the natural world from some "magical" point beyond it's existence of creation, and accepts no rational expression that may refute that "handicapped" position.

Since: May 11

UK

#542141 May 31, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Gay agenda/whom it relates
You Homosexuals always come up with the false assumptations of liars and false interpretations of ignorants to deceive the dumb ppl and to recruit them to your ranks.
and one more time with...english?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#542143 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>For many, it's still a stigma.
Agreed. It is as ridiculous as basing honor as who one falls in love with.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542144 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife and I watched you in Resident Evil Retribution tonight, I think she wants to dyke-out with you...
may I bring my camera?
May I bring HL? She's kinda my mentor.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#542145 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the best posts from a Christian that I've seen in a while:
God uses bad people and circumstances to accomplish His ultimate goals. Think of how many blacks became Christians as a result of the slave trade. If they and their ancestors had not been brought to America, they would have remained in Africa in perpetuity, never having had a chance to hear and accept the Gospel. You fail to see the big picture. God's primary concern is our spiritual welfare, not our physical comfort.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
The best response to that ??? Whatever the fuckthat was:
Are you fcking serious? God couldn't just have sent Christians over to Africa to teach them? He had to ruin and destroy millions of lives,not only the slaves lives but the slave holder's lives as well. Do you have a clue as to how demoralizing slavery is on both sides?
Physical comfort? WTF? Is that all you think the slaves endured?
This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are an evil and extremely stupid and heartless person who thinks like a Nazi.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/christian...
Christians are funny :)
That's some stuff. Thanks.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542146 May 31, 2013
WOW!

You are an uneducated person making up your own history just like the uneducated Christians are making up their own.

Wish you all would get a real education instead of making shit up.

You are as mush a clueless moron as any babbling fundie.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity did not succeed Judaism, it was created to destroy Judaism, It was Jews, the Galilean to be precise, that were converting the slaves to make them revolt. They actually set fire to a large part of Rome.
Christianity did not succeed Judaism, it destroyed religious liberty and replaced it by a state ideology. it is no real religion, it is an ideology.
Protestantism was a blessing because it allowed diversity. Some denominations were quit nice, like the quakers for instance. they allowed a personal relation with God without the clergy. But real religious freedom means allowing all religions, we are getting there now. In fact I see this fundamentalist rise more like a last grand stand to try to stop the inevitable. But already they are changing as the realize they will lose their members if they can not change their tone to a more positive one. In a free market you can win with negativity and repression.
As I see it Christianity and Islam are very much religions of warrior people. The Romans were an extreme warrior people and so were the Germanic and also the Arabs. That is why it is so repressive. That is why it is so sadomasochistic in nature. That is why their God is repressive king. That is what it says about our western culture. We are still busy trying to reform to a non warrior culture.(But western nations are still good for 80% of military power in this world). That is what patriotism (pater = father, male idea of a society) is still so important. That is why society is based on competition (conflict) rather than cooperation. But we are changing. Change is inevitable.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#542147 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Scar, as a God (per Psalm 82) I can instruct how to "discern scriptures".
If you agree with what it clearly says then it is to be taken literally.
If you disagree with what it says then it is to be taken figuratively.
You can also make any passage refer to, or be a prophecy about, Jesus, the antichrist, modern times, the end of the world etc.
You may also redifine any word you choose and you may pick from the Greek, Latin, Hebrew or English version; which ever supports your case better.
There you go my fellow Elohim. Go forth and spead the good news!
Just remeber this is the only life you get. Although we are Gods and sons of the Most High, we are mortal and will die like all living things.(Psalm 82 and Genesis 1).
Blessed Be!
PRAISE PANGU!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542148 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
you would never have anything that got published!
<quoted text>
.. yes, and I've read it. Good writing ..
.. let us now return to the castle ..
I only got one computing article published decades ago and only been citied in a single history book... an art history one at that. LOL

I was told (to cheer me up) that "To be published is a priviledge, to be cited is an honor." < OK, I'll delude myself with that for a while. <smiles>

UK

#542149 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
May I bring HL? She's kinda my mentor.
We have recently taken delivery of a £2000 mattress...please bring HL and rubber sheet.

My pet name for my wife is "swampy"...

Location hidden

#542150 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
and one more time with...english?
Engrish...This time wis feewing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542151 May 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism just means I don't have the belief of a theist that a deity or deities exist.
Would you agree that the difference between your concept of reality and thiers is that while you believe the Sun exists you don't believe that Apollo is hauling it around in an invisible chariot, but thiests believe that a deity is required to create night and day ?

UK

#542152 May 31, 2013
I am ripped to the tits on old grape juice....goodnight all.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542153 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. on a different level, yes. The other senses compensate and what a blind or deaf person has never known is not grieved. What do you think is missing in the life of a person living without sight or hearing?...
I am always remind that humans in general do not greive not having a tail.
Note that Christopher Walken once asked if he would rather have a tail or the ability to fly, after much thought, said, "I would rather have a tail, I can fly on airplane anytime I want."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542154 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, well, then we seem to agree that people who have promiscuous unsafe sex are acting irresponsibly.
Like heterosexuals with STDs ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542155 May 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One book and many articles and opinion pieces, in legal journals, newspapers and other publications.
Regrettably, not once have I used the word "dude" in any of my writings.
I'm thinking of doing it though, just for you.
You must footnote it!

<smile>

Location hidden

#542156 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only got one computing article published decades ago and only been citied in a single history book... an art history one at that. LOL
I was told (to cheer me up) that "To be published is a priviledge, to be cited is an honor." < OK, I'll delude myself with that for a while. <smiles>
This is what HL told me:

"To be punished is a privilege, to be cited is because you didn't lower the shades".

:-)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#542157 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You must footnote it!
<smile>
Your life STINKS.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542158 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree that Christianity was not intended to succeed Judaism. That's the whole reason the Hebrew Bible was included in the Christian Bible. Jesus was supposed to be the Jewish savior (never mind that Jesus didn't fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah was supposed to be/what he was supposed to do).
I don't know why you attack Christianity yet give Judaism a pass. Judaism is alot more warlike than Christianity, at least ideologically. Christianity in practice has been more warlike simply because the Jews were dispersed into a diaspora; they had no more opportunity to ethnically cleanse their neighbors. So I'd say that all of the Abrahamic religions are potentially dangerous to a civil society and are morally outdated.
Agreed. the best thing that happened to Judaism was the destruction of the Temple and diaspora of 70AD onward.
In many respects, Reform Judaism has (unintentionally) continued what Jesus (allegedly) preached far better than (Pauline)Chrisitanity has.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#542159 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I'm taking a couple days off. My foot hurts and I'm in no hurry.
I could come pick you up.

I'll leave right away.

http://traditions.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/...

I'll be there around Septemberish.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542161 May 31, 2013
Thank you for bringing up Midrash.
Dang you that I am too tired to post at length.

Midrash in Judaism is considered opinion. It does not hold the weight of authority. Unlike Christian Dogma and Apologetics, it can be rejected out of hand if one so chooses without personal condemnation.
Midrash at it's core is a contradictory assemblage of Rabbinical attempts to solve Scriptural contradictions and omissions. In so doing, it made the waters even muddier. Any honest Rabbi will admit that.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> The Midrash and its function. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash , also http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encycl... (1913)/Midrashim
More about slavery in the OT from Judaic Midrash halakha, "VE-eileh ha-mishpatim" (AND these are the statutes). It was a deeper explanation kept by the Rabbi's concerning OT text. An exegesis of the Torah....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min MrsGladToBeMe 3,347
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min HipGnosis 442,816
9/11&bin 15 min REV CAROL 1
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min AN NFL FAN 121,636
Sex with Mom (May '12) 28 min george_m06 17
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min hojo 583,982
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 44 min Richardfs 9,310
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Blagoja 828,231
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr WasteWater 98,969
More from around the web