Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#542148 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
you would never have anything that got published!
<quoted text>
.. yes, and I've read it. Good writing ..
.. let us now return to the castle ..
I only got one computing article published decades ago and only been citied in a single history book... an art history one at that. LOL

I was told (to cheer me up) that "To be published is a priviledge, to be cited is an honor." < OK, I'll delude myself with that for a while. <smiles>

Since: May 11

UK

#542149 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
May I bring HL? She's kinda my mentor.
We have recently taken delivery of a £2000 mattress...please bring HL and rubber sheet.

My pet name for my wife is "swampy"...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#542150 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
and one more time with...english?
Engrish...This time wis feewing.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542151 May 31, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, atheism just means I don't have the belief of a theist that a deity or deities exist.
Would you agree that the difference between your concept of reality and thiers is that while you believe the Sun exists you don't believe that Apollo is hauling it around in an invisible chariot, but thiests believe that a deity is required to create night and day ?

Since: May 11

UK

#542152 May 31, 2013
I am ripped to the tits on old grape juice....goodnight all.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542153 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. on a different level, yes. The other senses compensate and what a blind or deaf person has never known is not grieved. What do you think is missing in the life of a person living without sight or hearing?...
I am always remind that humans in general do not greive not having a tail.
Note that Christopher Walken once asked if he would rather have a tail or the ability to fly, after much thought, said, "I would rather have a tail, I can fly on airplane anytime I want."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542154 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, well, then we seem to agree that people who have promiscuous unsafe sex are acting irresponsibly.
Like heterosexuals with STDs ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542155 May 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
One book and many articles and opinion pieces, in legal journals, newspapers and other publications.
Regrettably, not once have I used the word "dude" in any of my writings.
I'm thinking of doing it though, just for you.
You must footnote it!

<smile>

Location hidden

#542156 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I only got one computing article published decades ago and only been citied in a single history book... an art history one at that. LOL
I was told (to cheer me up) that "To be published is a priviledge, to be cited is an honor." < OK, I'll delude myself with that for a while. <smiles>
This is what HL told me:

"To be punished is a privilege, to be cited is because you didn't lower the shades".

:-)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#542157 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You must footnote it!
<smile>
Your life STINKS.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542158 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't agree that Christianity was not intended to succeed Judaism. That's the whole reason the Hebrew Bible was included in the Christian Bible. Jesus was supposed to be the Jewish savior (never mind that Jesus didn't fulfill the Hebrew prophesies of who the messiah was supposed to be/what he was supposed to do).
I don't know why you attack Christianity yet give Judaism a pass. Judaism is alot more warlike than Christianity, at least ideologically. Christianity in practice has been more warlike simply because the Jews were dispersed into a diaspora; they had no more opportunity to ethnically cleanse their neighbors. So I'd say that all of the Abrahamic religions are potentially dangerous to a civil society and are morally outdated.
Agreed. the best thing that happened to Judaism was the destruction of the Temple and diaspora of 70AD onward.
In many respects, Reform Judaism has (unintentionally) continued what Jesus (allegedly) preached far better than (Pauline)Chrisitanity has.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#542159 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I'm taking a couple days off. My foot hurts and I'm in no hurry.
I could come pick you up.

I'll leave right away.

http://traditions.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/...

I'll be there around Septemberish.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542161 May 31, 2013
Thank you for bringing up Midrash.
Dang you that I am too tired to post at length.

Midrash in Judaism is considered opinion. It does not hold the weight of authority. Unlike Christian Dogma and Apologetics, it can be rejected out of hand if one so chooses without personal condemnation.
Midrash at it's core is a contradictory assemblage of Rabbinical attempts to solve Scriptural contradictions and omissions. In so doing, it made the waters even muddier. Any honest Rabbi will admit that.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> The Midrash and its function. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash , also http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encycl... (1913)/Midrashim
More about slavery in the OT from Judaic Midrash halakha, "VE-eileh ha-mishpatim" (AND these are the statutes). It was a deeper explanation kept by the Rabbi's concerning OT text. An exegesis of the Torah....

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#542162 May 31, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
Pray for the people in this tornado's path. This is bad. I am feeling like this is the worst in my lifetime. Many deaths I feel. Pray people, Pray
You must give an offering to the Tasmanian Devil.

I recommend a bunny rabbit.

Location hidden

#542163 May 31, 2013
Adam wrote:
HOMOSEXUALS ARE EVIL IT´S IN THEIR NATURE.
Reported !!!

:-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#542164 May 31, 2013
Never been to India or had Hindi friends, eh ?
ROFLMAO
I was fortunate to be have had an Indian household as part of our extended family as a child.
You are like Trifecta explaining homosexuality.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hinduism a very old "religion", probably the oldest, in which male and female still have equal places.
Actually it is not a religion. Westerners think it is a religion because they can not conceive that thousands of very different cults could live harmoniously, if Protestants and Catholics can not even go through the same door without murdering each other ferociously.
Hinduism does not exist, it is a name given by the English to the complex, incredibly divers practices, rituals, philosophies they saw. But since there was no religious fight they concluded this was the most chaotic and confusing religion they ever saw. A mess.
Hinduism is the religious freedom we also had in the Roman empire before Christianity. But Hinduism is based on an entirely different culture than western culture. Hinduism is based on the idea that religious freedom and diversity is based on social conformity....

Location hidden

#542165 May 31, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I could come pick you up.
I'll leave right away.
http://traditions.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/...
I'll be there around Septemberish.
Is that a picture of Waaasssuuup and his wife?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#542166 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave CS alone. Why are you always persecuting us Chrisjewlims ?
LOL
CS is such a pompous ass.

I can't help goofing on him.

Monsieur le YahwehBonMarche.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#542167 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...forget golf.
I was cured of golf in my first experience, attempting to play with right-handed clubs.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#542168 May 31, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
I can make Kaitlin look like a school girl at a slumber party.
The choice is always yours.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 min The swamiji 7,486
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min June VanDerMark 599,459
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min feces for jesus 864,062
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 6 min hpcaban 221,984
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min hpcaban 1,953
Vulcan Empire (Vampires) Within America 22 min Groomlake 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Pegasus 272,404
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,417
More from around the web