Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not so writer!! that happen to Jimmy "superfly" snuka??? that the man there!
No actually it should be me, Mr. John Laurinaitis, Executive vice president of talent relations and the man who destroyed Tully Blanchard along with the four horsemen back in 1987.

PEOPLE POWER

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious that they actually believe it's true when they say homosexuality isn't natural.
Also, saying it's a choice is like telling an ice cream lover what ice cream tastes like, even if you've never had a single drop of ice cream in your life.
That's the funniest part: being lectured about homosexuality by someone who hasn't a clue about it. Anyone who shows that kind of dishonesty certainly undermines their credibility overall.

“People power!”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious that they actually believe it's true when they say homosexuality isn't natural.
Also, saying it's a choice is like telling an ice cream lover what ice cream tastes like, even if you've never had a single drop of ice cream in your life.
You know what else is hilarious? You're fired, best wishes in all your future endeavors.

“People power!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Oh yeah..... PEOPLE POWER!

“People power!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your good afternnon >>>Lawest<<< and our early Sat. am. 5-30.
I'll keep them just in case lol … my eyes and ears are very sensitive.“If thine eye be single it is full of Light” ja?… and “if you have ears to hear let them hear what the Spirit has to say...” No matter where these verses are found they are so true. My sensitivity to many things has had the medics guessing all my life when forced to have it checked more then a few times, but they can’t find the Spirit!… thought they could probe my mind too - psych - but told 'all clear'! I knew that.
… a Bible verse with a smile for today...
PROVERBS 25
24 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
… and one of your favourite songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =IvfsfS6NVUcXX
Trust you have a Peace filled week-end filled with His Love. One Blessing in disguise my friend... you are held buzzily with the buzz.
~~smile~~ Til again... Take Care
I know this isn't a good time to say this but... you're fired, I wish you the best in all your future endeavors

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
A 2000yr religion Christianity should be criticized by it's opponents openly and Christians should defend happily openly and not complain.
Except that you've been complaining about our criticism of Christianity for at least months.
trifecta1 wrote:
Homosexuality should be criticized openly by it's opponents, that is not scapegoating
You do more than criticize. You dehumanize and marginalize people like gays and atheists, and make the lives of each more difficult and more dangerous.
trifecta1 wrote:
Any effort to stifle that criticism is anti-american communism and a trample on the Bill of Rights.
Disagree.

We can stifle your church using argument, exhortation and ridicule, and all of them are as red, white and blue as apple pie. Your church has done the same to its targets under American law since the inception of the country, and has just begun experiencing being subject to the same itself.

So far, you've lost a lot of ground, but maybe that will start to turn around for you soon.

May the kindest, the most reasonable, and the most appealing argument prevail.
3 score and half year ago

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> That is eluding to IDOLATRY not actual real "gods" of which they do not exist, anything that you love so much and put above and ahead of Christ is considered the God that YOU worship.........and that can be anything in this world.
The Lord said that where a man's treasure is that is where his heart is also.
This is a very lame explanation and deceiving.

Read the bible for what it says.
If it says that there are other gods then that's exactly what it means, not some duped up BS excuses to try to defend monotheism.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Where in the Bible does it condone slavery?
The Midrash and its function. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash , also http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Catholic_Encycl... (1913)/Midrashim

More about slavery in the OT from Judaic Midrash halakha, "VE-eileh ha-mishpatim" (AND these are the statutes). It was a deeper explanation kept by the Rabbi's concerning OT text. An exegesis of the Torah.

Quoting: "Your slaves and maidservants that you shall possess from the nations that surround you, from them you may purchase slaves and maidservants. Also, from the children of the sojourners who reside with you from them you may purchase [slaves], and from their families that live among you that were born in your land.[All these] shall be your permanent possession. You shall will them as inheritance to your children after you as hereditary property; you shall keep them in servitude permanently. However regarding your bretheren, Bnei Yisroel, man over his brother, you must not rule over him to crush him." - Vayikra 25:39-46

Commentary: A non-Jewish servant, however, can be passed on to descendants through inheritance! The possession of a non-Jewish slave is eternal. But note another difference: A Jewish slave may not be subjected to “hard labor”(b’farech); a non-Jewish slave has no such condition. Seemingly, a non-Jewish slave may be worked to the bone with the most menial of work.

As mentioned above, a Jewish servant must be released after six years of work.

Not so, however, is the case for a non-Jewish slave. How are we supposed to understand that they are kept forever? How are we to allow hard labor for someone who was purchased like property? How can we understand the purchase of another human being at all?

The institution of slavery represents a blurring of the line dividing human personhood from property. This blurring is reflected clearly in some of the laws recorded in the parasha (Note that I am treating the institution of slavery in toto, without reference to the important distinction between Hebrew slaves and Canaanite slaves, as in Vayikra 25:39-46):

(a) When a master strikes his slave and the slave subsequently dies (after 24-48 hours), the master is exempt from punishment "because he is his property" (21:21-22. Rashbam: "and the law allows him to strike him in order to chastise him.")

(b) An ox that gores and kills a slave subjects its owner only to a 30-shekel fine and not to "ransom money" designed to redeem the master from a death penalty (21:29-32).

(c) The master may (sometimes) compel his slave to cohabit with a slave-girl and the children will belong to the master (21:4). http://www.yu.edu/ http://www.slideshare.net/steiny100/jewish-sl...

"the children will belong to the master"

I'm disgusted, are you?

Biblical verse that relate directly to the Midrash exegesis.

Genesis 17:13, Genesis 17:27, Exodus 20:10, Exodus 21:1-4, Exodus 21:7, Exodus 21:8, Exodus 21:16, Exodus 21:20-21, Exodus 21:26-27, Leviticus 19:20-22, Leviticus 25:39, Leviticus 25:44-46, Leviticus 25:48-53, Numbers 31:28-47, Deuteronomy 15:12-18, Deuteronomy 21:10-14, Deuteronomy 20:14, Deuteronomy 23:15-16, 2 Samuel 9:10

The NT didn't abolish slavery or change anything stated in the OT, it only stated that all people, slave, Gentile etc., were open to following the NT/OT - religion. Mark 14:66, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Colossians 3:11,1 Timothy 6:1-2

There are likely more verses in the OT/NT that speak of slavery in the sense that it was natural, and condoned by the deity. Something that was a part of daily life. Genesis would be a good example of this, since it's said to have been communicated to the Moses! by the Yahweh!, for instance.

If people insist there was contamination of biblical text by tampering/addition/editing, then consider just how much of it you can trust as being "the Yahweh! words", or the words and desires of man himself, and not from the deity at all.

“FOUR HORSEMEN!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mr_ Excitement wrote:
<quoted text>
No actually it should be me, Mr. John Laurinaitis, Executive vice president of talent relations and the man who destroyed Tully Blanchard along with the four horsemen back in 1987.
PEOPLE POWER
Well look who it is! One Tully Blanchard has been waiting since 1987 to get revenge on you, Laurinaitis, so i'll put this plain and simple. You-Me wrestlemania 30, I quit match.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks. Your posts usually require some thought. The above is such an example ..
.. one more favor? Your thoughts on Hinduism ??..
Hinduism a very old "religion", probably the oldest, in which male and female still have equal places.

Actually it is not a religion. Westerners think it is a religion because they can not conceive that thousands of very different cults could live harmoniously, if Protestants and Catholics can not even go through the same door without murdering each other ferociously.

Hinduism does not exist, it is a name given by the English to the complex, incredibly divers practices, rituals, philosophies they saw. But since there was no religious fight they concluded this was the most chaotic and confusing religion they ever saw. A mess.

Hinduism is the religious freedom we also had in the Roman empire before Christianity. But Hinduism is based on an entirely different culture than western culture. Hinduism is based on the idea that religious freedom and diversity is based on social conformity.

This may sound paradoxical, but you can only have religious freedom without fights if you demand respect from all concerned for each others beliefs, practices, preferences.

In the West it is the opposite. Look at us, look how we are fighting, trying to destroy each others ideas, and in the process antagonise each other. We still live by the Monotheist principle: there can only be one truth. And as everyone believes this happens to be his own truth, we fight to let our truth be victorious, and take it as an attack on our person if someone attacks our ideas. And we see it as a condition for religious freedom that we can do this.

Hindus will never attack each others ideas, but neither do they accept that others will impose their ideas on them. This strict social code of respect is what makes it work. It offers great individual freedom and social stability.

Our civilisation is technically very advanced but socially we still have a long path to go. The west is all about competition. Since Christianity lost her absolute power we now have a system in which ideologies fight each other, in our political system we call this party democracy, and we can not conceive their could be a better system since man is egoistic and will always fight. Western man that is. Because this still is warrior cult in which fractions fight over power.

India is more a matriotic society than a patriotic society. They still revere the mother Goddess. A patriotic society want its men to fight for it (and its father god), a matriotic society takes care of its citizens like the mother goddess.(Kennedy: Do not aks what your country can do for you but what you can do for you country).

Such a society is more loving and creates wealth in another way. India was for more than a thousands years the richest country on Earth, and it did it without exploitation of others. this ended with the British rule. The Europeans relied like all warrior people on the exploitation of other peoples. This is not necessary, it is only in the mind of us westerners that survival depends on dog eats dog. That if we will not do it to them, they will do it to us. Dog eat dog. That is why we will always need the most and biggest weapons.

I can't say much specific on Hinduism as it is diverse. They have a simple principle in common: The Divine is all and in all. So everything in Narute and every being deserves respect. In our culture God is outside of nature, and we people first have to gain respect. And we have little respect for people with different ideas or habits or preferences.

In Hinduism you have 12 or so different kind of marriage contracts. You can marry each other pure for lust if you like. It that is what you two want to agree on, that is your business. They respect peoples nature whatever it is, as long as the conform socially and do not impose it on others. Diversity is the key.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
That is your opinion. Man was made for Woman, Woman was made for Man. That is natural. Homosexuality is Un-natural.
Homosexuality is more natural than religion. Religion is only found in one species.
trifecta1 wrote:
there are Zero scientific evidence that anyone is born Gay. It is a Choice.
That's irrelevant - or should be. If I understand your argument, you would have to agree that since there is zero scientific evidence that anybody is born religious - it is a choice - treating Christians as you treat gays is justified. Is that correct?

“FOUR HORSEMEN!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you've been complaining about our criticism of Christianity for at least months.
<quoted text>
You do more than criticize. You dehumanize and marginalize people like gays and atheists, and make the lives of each more difficult and more dangerous.
<quoted text>
Disagree.
We can stifle your church using argument, exhortation and ridicule, and all of them are as red, white and blue as apple pie. Your church has done the same to its targets under American law since the inception of the country, and has just begun experiencing being subject to the same itself.
So far, you've lost a lot of ground, but maybe that will start to turn around for you soon.
May the kindest, the most reasonable, and the most appealing argument prevail.
There are no arguments when one Tully Blanchard is around, only bodies.
3 score and half year ago

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

blind man n the bleachers wrote:
All of the "smart" remarks, all of the anti-God arguments, all of the people wallowing in their prideful rebellion against God, will not change a thing. Evey knee shall bow and every tongue will confess. Yeshua is Lord of all. And the mighty will be humbled. Yeshua is Lord. To the Glory of Yahweh.
They've been saying this for almost 2,000 years.

I hate to tell you this but Yeshua is operating a bagel shop.

“People power!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Tully Blanchard wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look who it is! One Tully Blanchard has been waiting since 1987 to get revenge on you, Laurinaitis, so i'll put this plain and simple. You-Me wrestlemania 30, I quit match.
Challenged accepted, and loser leaves in a bodybag.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is more natural than religion. Religion is only found in one species.
LOL! Touché.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Ya but you swallow and take it up the ass like a woman.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mr_ Excitement wrote:
<quoted text> I know this isn't a good time to say this but... you're fired, I wish you the best in all your future endeavors
How many times have you said that!

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Adam wrote:
Have you guys realized how boring and empty the times are we live in? People of these days sucks more than ever and tend to jump from one thing into other whatever is fashion today. Things turned upside down. What is bad today becomes good tomorrow and what was good yesterday becomes bad today.If somebody told me 20 yrs ago, gay marriages will be legalized in the new millennium, I would have said are you completely gone mad?
The thing you don't seem to realize, Adam, is that gay people and their relationships don't affect you in the least. Yet you obsess about gay people. Seek help.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I am gonna go out on a limb and say their about to see and hear. But I know a place that always needs donors and since you don't think sight or hearing is such a big deal can I let them know you will be donating your eyes? You can even keep your hearing. You want to start the process or are you done trying to b.s. people because you painted yourself into a corner? Of course it's a big disadvantage to be blind or deAf. And people overcome it and still live productive lives but they absolutely miss out on some things. You minimizing how important seeing or hearing is if anything cheapens all people have done to overcome that on their lives. Buy don't worry I'm sure something will come along soon enough that you can fake indignation over.
.. you have cheapened this debate to the point that it is unrecognizable ..

.. your original contention was being blind or deaf is abnormal, unnatural. In making that contention, you stereotyped and ridiculed the entire Deaf & Blind community ..

UNNATURAL

4. lacking human qualities or sympathies; monstrous; inhuman
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/unnatu...

.. sure, being deaf or blind is a disadvantage in society but by labeling them unnatural, you overlook the richness and value of their lives in a meaningful and respectful manner and fail to take into account their dignity ..

.. deaf and blind people resent being told they are unnatural or abnormal, they view their condition quite differently. It's really that simple ..

.. I'm done with this debate. You are wrong to call the deaf and blind abnormal or unnatural because, for them, it's quite normal and natural ..

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

scambuster wrote:
Something I came across this morning, regarding the hate here toward atheists. Some christians regard them as sick, broken people. Instead of directing hate toward atheists, shouldn't we be doing whatever we can to love them? Shouldn't we spend time in meaningful conversations with them?!
I think we both know that that's not going to happen before the church is humbled and becomes desperate.
scambuster wrote:
shouldn't we, as christians be showing mercy and compassion and not hate?
That's not really what the church is about. It gives lip service to those things, but doesn't respect or embody them.
scambuster wrote:
Shouldn't we be living out lives in a way that others will see our happiness, and say "I want that. How can I get it?"?
Just be yourselves. What else can you do?

You're a pretty nice guy. If I wanted religion, I would want your kind. Or Grace or Al's.

But it pretty clear that you are not the product of your church. We see how most Christians turn out. It is rather clear that good Christians are simply the ones who wouldn't follow the herd, which is pretty ugly. I expect that you realize that which is why you wrote this post. If so, you are correct: Christianity has nothing to offer secular humanists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Jordan says he used to be..'against ALL... 4 min Doctor REALITY 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 538,774
Satan knows.....that an ETERNITY in HELL....is ... 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min KiMare 94,633
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 23 min Yourbrainisbroke 297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min atheism is destru... 732,691
Appjoy invite code 27 min Im Rk9 43
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 54 min JudgeNJury 257,830
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Chris Clearwater 173,271
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••