Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
Are you comparing being born Gay with Cancer? what does being left or right hand or does a infant love its mother have to do with your argument?? it's natural for a baby to love it's mother. you see that in the animal kingdom. you can tell probably within 1yr if a baby is left handed or not, what's your point? <quoted text>So because he is not a Christian he is not mellow and logical??? LOL. Maybe he challenged you because [your] position isn't logical, ever think of that?
I wasn't challenging anyone.
And the statement G made isn't the first time I ever heard it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

scambuster wrote:
Something I came across this morning, regarding the hate here toward atheists. Some christians regard them as sick, broken people. Instead of directing hate toward atheists, shouldn't we be doing whatever we can to love them? Shouldn't we spend time in meaningful conversations with them?!
Matthew 9:12-13 On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means:'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
I'm not going to say that someone who is atheist, or homosexual, or of a different religious belief is a sick person because they are not, in my opinion. It's the obvious opinion of some others here, though, that they are. And even if the belief is held that they are "sick" or not righteous, shouldn't we, as christians be showing mercy and compassion and not hate?
Shouldn't we be living out lives in a way that others will see our happiness, and say "I want that. How can I get it?"?
That sounds like a good plan except you aren't going to convince bigots they want anything more than more bigotry and more bigots for their "crusade"

You are talking about people who have made up their own constitution and their own imaginary social demographic and whose goal is to see Christianity wiped out or in leau of that confined to one's home or church. People in their "America" would no longer have first amendment rights or freedom of religious expression

When people do act loving they ridicule it as being fake. When they don't act loving they claim the person isn't being a good Christian even though they think being a Christian makes someone immoral. It doesn't even follow logic.

Jesus rebuked people. He corrected them. He also said dust off your sandals. The Bible says expel the wicked from among you. Granted that was about those in the church refusing to change their sinful ways when it came to sexual immorality but the point is having certain people around is cancerous to the group. Having bigots set up shop here doesn't bring anything positive to the table. And they don't even love themselves. Look at how they spend every day and the lengths they will go to in order to not face anything about themselves that may be unpleasant or the rationalizations they come up with to justify their actions and their bigotry.These are people who find the real them repulsive so they have to lie about who they are, even to themselves.

Don't get me wrong, in general you make an excellent point. But here all it would be is used for an excuse to try to treat people like doormats and it won't have any positive effect on bigots dead set against the faith

JMO

(T) Peace

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I just reacted to the things you utter and the picture this creates with me......
WOW!

That is the exact thing the Christians do with the Bible!

Congratulations, you are as ignorant as a they are.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
.... there is no basis of discussion.....
Then STFU.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
If G is correct in that, "A person is not born with ANY sexual preference. Sexual desires do not develop until later in life.", it would have to be the same for both heterosexuals as well as homosexuals. Would it not?
I thought you were agreeing with G.
I don't know. I've always liked girls.
You remember when you were born ?

ROFLMAO

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is the heterosexual.
So then ...sexual preference is learned behavior?

If not, what other choices might exist?

I'm not looking to cause a thing here ...just asking questions, gathering and processing information.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There he goes again!
I am paranoid about something I never brought up and couldn't care less about!
And of course not one word in response to the actual post or any explanation on why someone who criticizes the faith now would call on people to be better Christians or why my response must have been peaceful
You are like some sort of mega-genius when it comes to lawyering huh Catcher? What I can't figure out if how you have any time to play on the Internet let alone all day every day. I mean you have Johnny Cochran's famous "if it doesn't fit you must acquit". Your catch phrases of "you're weird" and "DUDE" are gonna be just as famous some day, you wait and see
~snicker
He is just a garden variety cum laude grad. Hes probably a omnifutant rapesuck too.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Are you comparing being born Gay with Cancer? what does being left or right hand or does a infant love its mother have to do with your argument?? it's natural for a baby to love it's mother. you see that in the animal kingdom. you can tell probably within 1yr if a baby is left handed or not, what's your point?
.. you do not want to see any correlation ..

.. for instance, newborn babies do not love, their world consists of me, me and me. At one point, they realize there are other people in their world and begin to bond ..
trifecta1 wrote:
So because he is not a Christian he is not mellow and logical???
.. huh ??..
trifecta1 wrote:
Maybe he challenged you because position isn't logical, ever think of that?
.. HU's statement was a strawman's fallacy since nobody knows how a newborn will develop, what diseases they will acquire or if they'll by left or right handed ..

.. you will continue to insist you are correct because, regardless of the evidence, that's what you do ..

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no original texts, not one!. That is very telling. All the oldest texts are from after Nicea......
You don;t know much. You are wrong.

We have copies of the Old Testament from 200 BC and many pre-nicean Christian manuscripts canonical and non-canonical.

Where did you get your degree in history ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude!
You should have retained me to defend you.
You might have avoided prison time.
LOL

While i am sure you were available as you don't ever appear to be working, I don't think your arguments of "dude" were going to be of any help!

The problem wasn't the lawyer, it was a witness changing his testimony after two years and the prosecutors not turning over the change in what is an ongoing discovery process and then calling him to the stand last in order to best sandbag the case.

Although if you were the attorney, by far you would have made things worse. I probably would still be locked up as you would be arguing the prosecutions case for him as you seem to do with every every argument you engage in on Topix. You say something stupid and then either have no defense or give someone the information to prove what you said makes no sense!

You shingle should read

"defend yourself dude, you can't do any worse"

or maybe

"Need a lawyer? Check Topix 24/7 and look for Catcher. I will treat you like you are my only client...because you will be"

:)

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking to cause a thing here ...just asking questions, gathering and processing information.
There are many factors involved.

the simple answer is no one knows why anyone "falls in love" with any one else nor why anyone wants to have sex with anyone else.

If they did, the Christians would have found a "cure" for homosexuality (beyond brainwashing).

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nope. Is a person born with cancer?
This is a good read HL ...check it out.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cancer/canc...
Is an infant left or right handed? Does a newborn loves its mother ??..
.. just surprised because HU seems to be a pretty mellow, logical guy ..
Thanx!

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember when you were born ?
ROFLMAO
huh???

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>well said.

receiving advice on sexuality from a homosexual is like hiring an obese glutton as a personal trainer.

(altho, i'm sure they give some enthusiastic head!;)

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>huh???
You wrote that you ALWAYS liked girls.

That means you remember liking girls from the moment of birth, if not earlier.

Do you remember liking girls before you were conceived , too ? That would be interesting to read. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking fair questions

The argument HL is agreeing with would be one that the only logical conclusion would be that sexual attraction is learned behavior and based in part on environment and socialization

I have seen studies where sexual preference can be determined as early as 3 years old and it ended up being the case. Something to do with how they socialize with same sex children. There is also an ongoing debate on whether basically there is a "gay gene"

Some scientists says its nonsense, others aren't so sure. The gay community is scared this kind of study could lead to genocide of the gay community.

Point is, there are a lot of theories and not a lot of facts. But what evidence are they presenting to support the conclusion people are born with no sexual preference? To me, that is arguing against people are born gay or straight. I personally think people are born with preference but due to socialization and maturity of the brain, they simply don't understand their own predisposition enough to act on it during earlier stages in life. But if people are born sexually neutral so-to-speak when it comes to orientation, then what other factors could it be other than environment and socialization?

Again I don't agree but that is the argument they are making so I understand why you are asking questions.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You are asking fair questions
The argument HL is agreeing with would be one that the only logical conclusion would be that sexual attraction is learned behavior and based in part on environment and socialization
I have seen studies where sexual preference can be determined as early as 3 years old and it ended up being the case. Something to do with how they socialize with same sex children. There is also an ongoing debate on whether basically there is a "gay gene"
Some scientists says its nonsense, others aren't so sure. The gay community is scared this kind of study could lead to genocide of the gay community.
Point is, there are a lot of theories and not a lot of facts. But what evidence are they presenting to support the conclusion people are born with no sexual preference? To me, that is arguing against people are born gay or straight. I personally think people are born with preference but due to socialization and maturity of the brain, they simply don't understand their own predisposition enough to act on it during earlier stages in life. But if people are born sexually neutral so-to-speak when it comes to orientation, then what other factors could it be other than environment and socialization?
Again I don't agree but that is the argument they are making so I understand why you are asking questions.
Well said, Skom. Thanks!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you do not want to see any correlation ..
.. for instance, newborn babies do not love, their world consists of me, me and me. At one point, they realize there are other people in their world and begin to bond ..
<quoted text>
.. huh ??..
<quoted text>
.. HU's statement was a strawman's fallacy since nobody knows how a newborn will develop, what diseases they will acquire or if they'll by left or right handed ..
.. you will continue to insist you are correct because, regardless of the evidence, that's what you do ..
you no have any evidence oy! that's why I know I'm correct.

It's not any kind of fallacy to know a baby will develop a liking for solid food. A baby will develop speech. A baby will develop the ability to crawl and to walk. So we do have the ability to know how a baby will develop---[naturally]. Development of attraction to the opposite is as natural as learning how to walk. If a baby never develops to walking, there is something wrong. And if a baby grows to develop an attraction to the same sex, there is something [Wrong].

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
receiving advice on sexuality from a homosexual is like hiring an obese glutton as a personal trainer.
(altho, i'm sure they give some enthusiastic head!;)
iyai!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
While i am sure you were available as you don't ever appear to be working, I don't think your arguments of "dude" were going to be of any help!
The problem wasn't the lawyer, it was a witness changing his testimony after two years and the prosecutors not turning over the change in what is an ongoing discovery process and then calling him to the stand last in order to best sandbag the case.
Although if you were the attorney, by far you would have made things worse. I probably would still be locked up as you would be arguing the prosecutions case for him as you seem to do with every every argument you engage in on Topix. You say something stupid and then either have no defense or give someone the information to prove what you said makes no sense!
You shingle should read
"defend yourself dude, you can't do any worse"
or maybe
"Need a lawyer? Check Topix 24/7 and look for Catcher. I will treat you like you are my only client...because you will be"
:)
From what you say here, the prosecutor committed a "Brady" violation (Brady v. Maryland, look it up), or suborned perjury, and your lawyer provided ineffective assistance by allowing it. Easy dismissal, unless your narrative is incomplete or incorrect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 519,221 - 519,240 of596,526
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

465 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 3 min patwill 36,096
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Aerobatty 216,895
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Just Think 680,139
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min RADEKT 250,373
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min danetoo 109,568
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 48 min alisha24 249
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 54 min NUTS AMERICA 37,859
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 512,090
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 2 hr sakib 47
•••
•••
•••