Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#541942 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The question is Why are Gay men according to the government the top spreader of the HIV virus? why is that? you still not answering. Is is because Gay men are more irresponsible in their sexual lifestyle?
It probably is more to do with the style of sex which is more likely to transmit given the more physical nature of it. Small cuts and tears and whatnot. Don't really want to go into more detail then that.

Vaginal and anal sex are the most common ways to transmit also meaning that straight women and gay men are going to be the ones getting the disease more often being on the recipient end. Not that both parties aren't at risk but one is more so then the other.

My guess is men in general are less likely to get physicals or to more responsible when it comes to protection.

I was going to Google some things and decided its more than I feel like getting into right now, especially since i have stuff to do, so if someone has info to disprove it they are welcome to share it. But that would be my guess anyway

(T) Peace

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#541943 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> As long as homosexuality has been around if there was a scientific explanation, it would have been found by now.
Why do you assume that science should have had an answer by now? Science can't cure colds either. Are colds a choice too?

And because science can't answer it so far, you can by declaring it a choice? Huh?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541944 May 31, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>No, I have memories of my Great Grandfather around the time I was two or three.<quoted text>I probably did too ...maybesome more than others.<quoted text>The sexual part probably later for me. But I was raised in Florida. Girls were everywhere, lots of them....plus I had two sisters.
I never treated girls as if they were less or second hand citizens ...just wasn't raised that way. When I was growing up girls did all the things boys did; they fish, snorkle/scuba, ski, sports ...I'd be a liar if I said I never lost a foot race to a girl. Girls did just about everything boys did except play rough ball.
Also, Miami, Florida is a cultural mecca. Environmental factors have played a hugh role in shaping my views. Chic's weren't delegated to the kitchen, per say. I learned to wash dishes, fold laundry, vaccume, as well as take out the trash and mow the lawn.
Sound very much like my childhood in Connecticut.
I never "chose" to eventually like girls. It just happened. The same way I fell in love. I never "chose" to fall in love. It just happened.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541945 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
It is presented as Fact and it is Fact. <quoted text>Atheists do not exist, I don't believe in them :)
It is belief. Belief is not fact, but in Christianity belief is given the status as fact. If it were real facts we could check them. We can not, they must be believed on authority. That is what makes Christianity unique compared to other religions, it demands the most belief. It is a belief thing, in which people are bounded by this common belief. In that respect is was almost the same as communism and fascism that also relied on people believing an utopian ideology.

Location hidden

#541946 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. what a joke ..
.. how do you know a deaf or blind person is severely limited in experiencing life fully? Are you deaf or blind ??..
.. deaf and blind people go to school, learn their ABC's, obtain jobs, get married, have children, and, like everyone else, die. Did you know some deaf people have a superpower? Yes, they can read lips? Can you ??..
.. and, you want to say people not exactly like you are abnormal, defective in some way? Anyone who thinks like that lacks manners and does not realize how much a little comment like 'abnormal' or 'defective' can affect someone ..
.. you're not impressing me with your logic or knowledge ..
He said "fully" not "at all"

Of course they can do many things people with sight or hearing can do

You think being deprived of one or two of your major senses doesn't prevent you from experiences others with those sense can have?

You are trying so hard to manufacturer something you can pretend to be offended by that you are just looking silly

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#541947 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Can be, a redhead is natural, homosexuality is not.
So you say, to satisfy your views.

I suppose you'd say that it's also "natural" to be left-handed?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541948 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I do understand, it's a Choice. There is no evidence that it is not. IMO, there is no honor in making that choice.
Congradulations on your choice to be heterosexual.

When did you decide to be heterosexual ?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541949 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Every religion follows the values of the culture that creates it. And every worshiper creates their deity in their own image.
“You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
- Anne Lamott
This is true, and what does it say about our own culture that we have a religion like Christianity?

Fremont, CA

#541950 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>A baby that is left handed will be noticed within months of delivery. So obviously that is natural and biological.
Homosexuality has no such advantage. It's a willful and pre-meditated Choice. A left handed baby is not not willful or pre-meditated.
I wonder how long it took your parents to realize that you're nuts.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541951 May 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a child starts to throw the ball with his left hand, something is wrong, because the vast majority of people are right-handed?
Christianity for a few hundred years considered left-handedness a sign of Satanic posession and would burn lefties at the stake... after torturing a confession out of them of course.

Give me a hot iron and I can have any Chrisitan spitting on the Bible.

San Francisco

#541952 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound very much like my childhood in Connecticut.
I never "chose" to eventually like girls. It just happened. The same way I fell in love. I never "chose" to fall in love. It just happened.
Well, you see, some people have the special ability to choose their sexuality. And apparently, when people have this special ability, they choose to be gay. Maybe being gay is superior? Lol.

Fremont, CA

#541953 May 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand why you might be sensitive because judging from your posts you are retarded!
What's wrong with you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#541954 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
And what is your answer?
Desires fall into many choices and catagories
Example,contentments,happiness ,lifestyles ect.
Desires of are of the individual not a group.
Every individual has their own personal desires
and not all desires are the same.JMO.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541955 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>heterosexual is a natural development.
So is having a full head of hair and an IQ of 100.

Those not meeting that are unatural sinners and choose to go to Hell.

<face palm>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541956 May 31, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
... But judging from this reaction, I guess I am now an enemy of your faith....
ROFLMAO

You're new here, aren't you.

Fremont, CA

#541957 May 31, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You came in here and saw us. We have nothing to prove to you people. You want to tell us why we're so wrong and how our beliefs are myths and superstitions, then come with some evidence and solid reasoning. Of course, all you guys do is sling accusations then you complain about being judged. Time the hypocrisy stops feller; show us what your 21st century brain is capable of.
CS.
So says the guy who provides nothing but nonsensical Yahwehbabble.

San Francisco

#541958 May 31, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true, and what does it say about our own culture that we have a religion like Christianity?
Well, to be fair, I will grant that Christian ideology was an improvement over Judaism. And Christianity today is hardly consistent. Look at the multitude of sects that it has fragmented into. Certainly some sects are pretty bad, such as the many American literalist fundie ones. But others are far more benign, and focus more on love and acceptance and the actual message attributed to Jesus, such as the Anglicans (at least in Europe and America) and Unitarians.

Fremont, CA

#541960 May 31, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably is more to do with the style of sex which is more likely to transmit given the more physical nature of it. Small cuts and tears and whatnot. Don't really want to go into more detail then that.
Vaginal and anal sex are the most common ways to transmit also meaning that straight women and gay men are going to be the ones getting the disease more often being on the recipient end. Not that both parties aren't at risk but one is more so then the other.
My guess is men in general are less likely to get physicals or to more responsible when it comes to protection.
I was going to Google some things and decided its more than I feel like getting into right now, especially since i have stuff to do, so if someone has info to disprove it they are welcome to share it. But that would be my guess anyway
(T) Peace
So go do your stuff already.

Location hidden

#541961 May 31, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you?
You gonna cry too after she made a post implying Christians are stupid and incapable of understanding how life works and the best thing to do is just put the knowledge out there for those capable of understanding or accepting it?

You are such a hypocrite Catcher

Oh wait, I actually rebuffed your argument with facts that support my position

I meant to say:

"dude"

:)

San Francisco

#541962 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some say there is no honor in being single or childless.
According to your favorite person, Saul/Paul, women can only be saved by giving birth ("if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety"). 1 Timothy 2:15

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 106,531
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min LAWEST100 654,084
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Toby 64,090
First time bi curious (Oct '15) 37 min andy 11
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 42 min WildWeirdWillie 183,177
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 43 min andy 55
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,877
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Toby 973,823
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 17 hr Clive 80
More from around the web