Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#541824 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're a Homo. That tells me all I need to know to inform me who and [what] you are. You should not care, because I certainly don't don't care what a Homosexual thinks of me.
How do you figure that stereotypes about other people must be correct, but stereotypes about you aren't?

San Francisco

#541825 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Anything is better than a Homosexual.
Except that you have no idea what you are talking about.

San Francisco

#541826 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing honorable about Homosexuality. That like saying there is honor in being HIV Positive and having AIDS.
Actually, there is nothing honorable in remaining intentionally ignorant.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#541827 May 31, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED*
Scripture is for the most part the Romantic dreams of people. The most truthful of religious writings are MYTHS. Or as Campbell says: MYTH is not how it was, but how it is. Myth tries to present a timeless wisdom. It is purposely not literal, but uses allegories and symbolism in stead. It uses poetry to get above the literal thinking. It taps in the psyche of the human mind. It has no single explanation, because our reality itself is subtle and multifaceted. The Greek poets were trying to understand their Gods rather than obeying them. For them they were principles of Nature.
.. in ancient times, priests did not reveal truth; they only maintained traditions ..

.. somewhere along the line, natural creation became supernatural. For 2,500+ years, we've had benighted worship of a deity instead of the advancement of humanity. How can we change that ??..

.. it's useless to point out the obscenities, absurdities or atrocities in the bible. Only the dissemination of knowledge to our youth will destroy the hoax ..

.. we'll never change how some people on this thread view our world. They'll continue to insist God is the causation of creation and refuse to acknowledge creation is not an act but a process. It's best to let them be, let attrition take its course ..

.. in the interim, keep spreading knowledge and know someone on Topix is reading it ..

San Francisco

#541828 May 31, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> so we really are born into sin and live in an evil broken world ?
No, because sin is a concept predicated on the judgement of a fictional entity.

San Francisco

#541829 May 31, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible does make it clear that there is only one creator God of all and Father of all, he asked him in the book of Isaiah if there were any other God beside him and he said that he did not know any, all other deities are man created.
YOU assertion comes from a carnel mind that do not believe. Sorry.
No, the Bible never denies the possible existence of other deities. Quite the opposite in fact: the very first Commandment stipulates that the Hebrews should have no other gods before Yahweh. This is a nonsensical command if there are no other gods.

San Francisco

#541830 May 31, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Still does not prove that he condones it, One of your own fellow unbelievers posted a scripture condemning those who enslave others.
Why would God have rules about something that God found immoral? Is there any other instance in the Bible where God does such a thing?

What passage condemns those who enslaves others?

San Francisco

#541831 May 31, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Ironic, you don't have enough sense to understand that you are condemned by your OWN words.
According to your ideology, no one is condemned as Jesus paid for all sins two millenia ago. Or did Jesus suffer in vain?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#541832 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS a fallacy.
Many are born unable to do those things, some develop those things as they grow up.
Are you saying that babies choose to be born blind, crippled and other birth defects ?
BTW, babies are not born to eat solid food, dummazz. They survive on la liquid diet until (and if) they grow teeth.
...and if they don't develop to eat solid foods, something is Wrong.

Same as if they don't grow to develop a liking to the opposite sex, something is Wrong.

Those are natural developments. If it does not happen, it's Un-Natural.

Are you comparing Homosexuality to a birth defect?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541833 May 31, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>....
I have always been fascinated with the female sex.
They think different, look different, act different, smell good, they've got tits, and they know how to make me feel like a million bucks.....
And you had these feelings since you were 2 or 3 years old ?

Wow!

I like everybody who was nice to me. I didn't think of girls in a sexual way until I was maybe 10 years old.

San Francisco

#541834 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Harsh? maybe. But it's true. Gay sex- men having sex with other men are the biggest contributor to the spread of the HIV virus that causes AIDS.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/risk/gender/msm/index....
Gay sex is a public health threat. Don't you think that the public has a right to discuss that?
Gay sex isn't a threat to anyone. Unsafe sex is. And not knowing the difference is a very irresponsible, especially considering how much information has been widely available to the public on the matter of STD transmission.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#541835 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we'll never change how some people on this thread view our world. They'll continue to insist God is the causation of creation and refuse to acknowledge creation is not an act but a process. It's best to let them be, let attrition take its course ..
.. in the interim, keep spreading knowledge and know someone on Topix is reading it ..
Maybe it is because you have never provided any proof whatsoever that a perfectly working and self-sustaining universe created itself through a fortuitous turn of events that would defy mathematical probabilities. Maybe it is because you have no proof whatsoever for how life started and nobody has ever been able to create life from non-life. Maybe because there are huge gaps in evolution theory which even if true doesn't rule out the possibility of a creator

You are gay and have been trying to argue scientifically things that argue someone is not born gay even though you want to be arguing the opposite

You ever consider it isn't stubbornness on our part but simply you have way overvalued your own knowledge?

Any rational human being will concede as of now it can't be proven if God exists. It als0 can't be proven how life started

So people are refusing to acknowledge your theories?

Your other ones haven't proven to be too good.

But feel superior if it helps you sleep at night. Or maybe it is just simple over-compensation from someone just smart enough to realize they aren't that smart?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#541836 May 31, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is one of the reasons I'll never be religious.
You waste precious seconds and minutes making "prayers" which have no effect on anyone whatsoever.
Can you prove you actually believe wholeheartedly in a god?
Next time there's an accident and you break a leg or something equally hospital-worthy occurs, would you sit at home and try to "pray the sickness away"?
Yes, you need to he prayed for very badly, because the open ignorance in your post is astounding, like many you need to learn the distingtion between religion and a true born again experience in Christ Jesus. Also no one is required to prove wholeheartedly their belief in God to you or anyone else, so long as God knows thst is ALL that is required and nothing else.

The prayers of a righteous man availeth much, I wouldn't have to pray a broken leg away because God will heal in his own time, you have just told yet another lie.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541837 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...and if they don't develop to eat solid foods, something is Wrong....
So should we call all handicapped people sinners and evil and tell them they could get better if they wanted to?

Let us assume that homosexuality is a birth defect. Are they going to Hell for that ?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#541838 May 31, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a good read HL ...check it out.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cancer/canc... text>Thanx!
.. good read. Thanks !!..

.. always know, I'll give the benefit of the doubt .

San Francisco

#541839 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have often said, I have seen more non-christians act in accord with the teachings of Jesus than most 'vocal' Christians.
I agree. My anecdotal experience has been that those who proclaim their religious identity the loudest are usually the ones least likely to follow their own ideology.

Religious fundamentalism seems to attract people who want a strict set of simplistic guidelines for how they want everyone else to behave. It also seems to attract the insecure who prefer to be told what to think and how to act. How often have you seen fundies exclaim that those without a religion cannot have any ethics? It boggles their mind that anyone could think for themselves, or act in accordance with a just and peaceful society without being forced to do so.

San Francisco

#541841 May 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you know about such desires???
What do you know about such desires???

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541842 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay sex isn't a threat to anyone. Unsafe sex is. And not knowing the difference is a very irresponsible, especially considering how much information has been widely available to the public on the matter of STD transmission.
So why are gay men so irresponsible that the federal government says their sexual activities are the biggest threat to passing a scourge of a disease called AIDS?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#541844 May 31, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Bible never denies the possible existence of other deities. Quite the opposite in fact: the very first Commandment stipulates that the Hebrews should have no other gods before Yahweh. This is a nonsensical command if there are no other gods.
That is eluding to IDOLATRY not actual real "gods" of which they do not exist, anything that you love so much and put above and ahead of Christ is considered the God that YOU worship.........and that can be anything in this world.

The Lord said that where a man's treasure is that is where his heart is also.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541845 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So should we call all handicapped people sinners and evil and tell them they could get better if they wanted to?
Let us assume that homosexuality is a birth defect. Are they going to Hell for that ?
Is Alcoholism is a birth defect? and do you think they will go to hell for that?

Are you saying being a homosexual is a handicap?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Pegasus 280,457
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 18 min sameer 131
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min macumazahn 104,194
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Liam 637,060
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min lightbeamrider 28,056
Russia to be #1 Non-GMO Food Exporter... 1 hr Truthiness 5
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 1 hr Ann Bonney 53,702
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 44,081
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr pusherman 968,653
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Paul is dead 3,593
More from around the web