Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#541735 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ahhh, the old spiritual discernment trick. Knew it was coming ..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> It is no "trick" it comes only from God's spirit, you either have it or you don't and it is very obvious that YOU do not.
.. and, you do, right? That's why you're special ..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#541736 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the gays and lesbians on this thread ..
...that is here pushing the homosexual agenda.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#541737 May 31, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is one of the reasons I'll never be religious.
You waste precious seconds and minutes making "prayers" which have no effect on anyone whatsoever.
Can you prove you actually believe wholeheartedly in a god?
Next time there's an accident and you break a leg or something equally hospital-worthy occurs, would you sit at home and try to "pray the sickness away"?
May I interject something here? My view on prayer is that even if it doesn't effect the external, it changes a person from the inside if the prayer is in earnest. It speaks to that person's subconscious. Prayer and talking to God can change a person's internal map of the world, and therefore increase the quality of life of the person who does the praying. Some may call it the placebo effect, but I would rather just enjoy how it's changed my life for the better than put a label on it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541738 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...ouch, I have no idea how he's gonna' recover from that razor sharp cutting riposte...LMAO
eh? "ouch"?? what da...
you think the writings on here are things to [recover from]? aha!lol! why on earth would you think such a thing?

Location hidden

#541739 May 31, 2013
All of the "smart" remarks, all of the anti-God arguments, all of the people wallowing in their prideful rebellion against God, will not change a thing. Evey knee shall bow and every tongue will confess. Yeshua is Lord of all. And the mighty will be humbled. Yeshua is Lord. To the Glory of Yahweh.

With Established Harem

#541740 May 31, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HL. The cover up of the RCC is an easy target. But what bothers me is the continued cover up of pedophiia and child abuse in our world. Not just by people of faith. But by all peoples as a whole. It happens in every community through out the world. By male and female, rich and poor. It is mostly covered up and when some one tries to protect the children that person is ostersized, and said to be a trouble maker, etc. etc. etc. And the abuse is covered up while the attention is drawn to the person trying to help. It happens in our families, in our neighbors families and no one will talk about it. People need to stand up for the children. And I believe, that those who turn a blind eye will be held accountable.
.. until the early 1980s, the problem of pedophilia was rarely addressed. The movie SYBIL changed all that ..

.. I'm only about 25% through the book MORTAL SINS but one thing jumped out at me, something AIN regularly points out. Because the RCC believes in forgiveness and atonement, offending priests were allowed to continue their work with children and, of course, targeted a new child ..

.. wash, rinse, dry, over and over. Forgiveness is great but at what point does an individual become accountable for their behavior ??..

With Established Harem

#541741 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
A person is not born with ANY sexual preference. Sexual desires do not develop until later in life.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is your opinion.
.. no, that's a fact ..

Location hidden

#541742 May 31, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Taming the tongue.
As a guard against the misuse of power of speech therefore fow what should we pray.
Set a watch O Lord before my mouth;keep the door of my lips.Psalms 141:3
A Psalm that could help out a lot of people here!

Location hidden

#541743 May 31, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I figger he must'a been real.
It jist makes sense that Jesus was tell'n the disciple guys ta give the stuff back to him what they done stole from the fella so's the whole bunch didn't haft'a go ta jail fer it....when he said "Give onto Caesar what is Caesar's."
I reckon ole' Judas didn't take to kindly ta the idea, see'n as how he ratted 'em out anyway... an made Jesus the fall guy...
That's a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541744 May 31, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not necessarily bad as revolutions seldom do much good.....
Yes.

The USA should still be subject to the English Crown, The French should still have a King, China should still have an Emperor and Russia Should still have a Czar.

You are an idiot or a liar. FACT

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541745 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>...that is here pushing the homosexual agenda.
The homosexual "agenda":

"Stop telling me who I can't love"

Jesus' Agenda:

"Love everyone."

Christian Agenda:

"Hate everyone different from 'me'"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#541746 May 31, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
A Psalm that could help out a lot of people here!
One must admit this thread has variety,(smile).

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#541748 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
There are no scientific evidence that anyone is born a Homosexual. None. A person born white or black, is obviously from birth. So. One is clearly a choice-Homosexuality.
The other, race, is not.
Why do you think that that would be a relevant factor even if were the case? Christianity is a choice? Does that justify scapegoating Christians?

Location hidden

#541749 May 31, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not gay goddamn it!
....they just occasionally have sex with men.
Or just rent them to "carry their luggage".
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541750 May 31, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree on the Caesars, Socrates however is a great parallel with Jesus as far as historical figures go.
Realize that I am not talking about the Zombie God stuff but a 1st Cent. Rabbi.
there is a lot of evidence that the mangod is indeed on coins and his real name is Julius Caesar, even the names resemble J.C. is both Jesus Christ as Julius Caesar. It may well be that the Romans fused the Carpenter God of the Galileans with God Julius Caesar, also known as Divius Julius (God Julius).

The reason why every explanation fails is that their simply is no one explanation as Christianity is a mix of lots of cults over a period of centuries.

You for instance like to believe in pure proto Jewish Jesus. There is no proof such a figure ever existed. The Galilean that were the cult that started this, were not at all spiritual people, but religious fanatics of the worst kind. There is no reason to believe their Messiah was a wise man. As Jewish historians have pointed out these Messiahs were military leaders. And they had many instigating revolts to the Romans.

If Jesus looks kind it is only because the Romans defused this rebellious movement by changing a quest for earthly liberation in a quest for liberation in the afterlife. They made Jesus into this masochist powerless figure heralding suffering.

At the same time they defused another dangerous cult, the Caesar worship. This was an extremely dangerous cult as it continuously reminded the people that the senators had killed their God. So they defused it by giving it another setting and turning Caesar in a Jew and the Senators in Jewish high priests. This way they turned all popular hate to their adversaries the Jews. Now they killed the godman. But they kept all the attributes that made the Caesar cult so popular: the symbol of the Cross, the suffering, the ever forgiveness for those that would change sides (mercy). etc. And into this gnostic ideas, and rituals and symbolism of other cults were mixed.

This mixing of religion was nothing out of the ordinary and did not happen at one point in time. Jewish priests did it all the time and had created whole new religions mixing Jewish, Greek and Egyptian cults in Alexandria.

But people crave to believe underneath all this is one pure strain of true belief. That is what underlies protestantism too. They want to believe that before the Popes there were pure Christians sharing meals and living peacefully like the Hobbits in their shire. These are all Romantic notions.

Just like your notions of the pure Jewish sage Jesus, are romantic notions. We have such figures, like Hillel, who was truly a great man, his wisdom far exceeding anything Jesus ever said.

You share the ideas with modern Christians that everything Pagan is inferior and Jewish ideas are superior. This is nonsense. Read the old testament, the Jews had an appalling moral in the early days. Abraham a wiseman? How can anyone that makes a deal with god for material gain like wealth and power be called wise and noble? The Jews too had grave shortcomings in their thinking, one was their inherent racism to non-jews. Something many other peoples had, but they did not make it into a book ideology. Jesus too shows this utter racism when he compares a non-Jewish women to a dog.

The Greek too had their blind spots, but Hellenistic culture was highly developed as they allowed, even encouraged, free discussion about life, the Gods, Nature, the Cosmos. This discussion was stifled in Judaism when the Torah was created. But you can't keep a good man down, and the Jews than changed to discussion of the interpretation of the Torah. Though this gives the mind room to discuss, it is stupid as you should discuss reality itself, rather than a book about reality. The same stupidity was taken over by the Romans and the Arabs.

We should not look for ghosts in history but wisdom.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541751 May 31, 2013
Thanks for putting so many words in my mouth.

You learned much from the Christians.

Let me know when you wish to have an honest debate.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
there is a lot of evidence that the mangod is indeed on coins and his real name is Julius Caesar, even the names resemble J.C. is both Jesus Christ as Julius Caesar. It may well be that the Romans fused the Carpenter God of the Galileans with God Julius Caesar, also known as Divius Julius (God Julius).
The reason why every explanation fails is that their simply is no one explanation as Christianity is a mix of lots of cults over a period of centuries.
You for instance like to believe in pure proto Jewish Jesus. There is no proof such a figure ever existed. The Galilean that were the cult that started this, were not at all spiritual people, but religious fanatics of the worst kind. There is no reason to believe their Messiah was a wise man. As Jewish historians have pointed out these Messiahs were military leaders. And they had many instigating revolts to the Romans.
If Jesus looks kind it is only because the Romans defused this rebellious movement by changing a quest for earthly liberation in a quest for liberation in the afterlife. They made Jesus into this masochist powerless figure heralding suffering.
At the same time they defused another dangerous cult, the Caesar worship. This was an extremely dangerous cult as it continuously reminded the people that the senators had killed their God. So they defused it by giving it another setting and turning Caesar in a Jew and the Senators in Jewish high priests. This way they turned all popular hate to their adversaries the Jews. Now they killed the godman. But they kept all the attributes that made the Caesar cult so popular: the symbol of the Cross, the suffering, the ever forgiveness for those that would change sides (mercy). etc. And into this gnostic ideas, and rituals and symbolism of other cults were mixed.
This mixing of religion was nothing out of the ordinary and did not happen at one point in time. Jewish priests did it all the time and had created whole new religions mixing Jewish, Greek and Egyptian cults in Alexandria.
But people crave to believe underneath all this is one pure strain of true belief. That is what underlies protestantism too. They want to believe that before the Popes there were pure Christians sharing meals and living peacefully like the Hobbits in their shire. These are all Romantic notions.
Just like your notions of the pure Jewish sage Jesus, are romantic notions. We have such figures, like Hillel, who was truly a great man, his wisdom far exceeding anything Jesus ever said.
You share the ideas with modern Christians that everything Pagan is inferior and Jewish ideas are superior. This is nonsense. Read the old testament, the Jews had an appalling moral in the early days. Abraham a wiseman? How can anyone that makes a deal with god for material gain like wealth and power be called wise and noble? The Jews too had grave shortcomings in their thinking, one was their inherent racism to non-jews. Something many other peoples had, but they did not make it into a book ideology. Jesus too shows this utter racism when he compares a non-Jewish women to a dog.
The Greek too had their blind spots, but Hellenistic culture was highly developed as they allowed, even encouraged, free discussion about life, the Gods, Nature, the Cosmos. This discussion was stifled in Judaism when the Torah was created. But you can't keep a good man down, and the Jews than changed to discussion of the interpretation of the Torah. Though this gives the mind room to discuss, it is stupid as you should discuss reality itself, rather than a book about reality. The same stupidity was taken over by the Romans and the Arabs.
We should not look for ghosts in history but wisdom.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541752 May 31, 2013
blind man n the bleachers wrote:
All of the "smart" remarks, all of the anti-God arguments, all of the people wallowing in their prideful rebellion against God, will not change a thing. Evey knee shall bow and every tongue will confess. Yeshua is Lord of all. And the mighty will be humbled. Yeshua is Lord. To the Glory of Yahweh.
true thing writer!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541753 May 31, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think that that would be a relevant factor even if were the case? Christianity is a choice? Does that justify scapegoating Christians?
A 2000yr religion Christianity should be criticized by it's opponents openly and Christians should defend happily openly and not complain.

Homosexuality should be criticized openly by it's opponents, that is not scapegoating and Gays should defend homosexuality happily and not complain. That is a Democracy. Any effort to stifle that criticism is anti-american communism and a trample on the Bill of Rights.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#541754 May 31, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>A 2000yr religion Christianity should be criticized by it's opponents openly and Christians should defend happily openly and not complain.
Homosexuality should be criticized openly by it's opponents, that is not scapegoating and Gays should defend homosexuality happily and not complain. That is a Democracy. Any effort to stifle that criticism is anti-american communism and a trample on the Bill of Rights.
Agreed!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541755 May 31, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
A person is not born with ANY sexual preference. Sexual desires do not develop until later in life.
<quoted text>
.. no, that's a fact ..
That is your opinion. Man was made for Woman, Woman was made for Man. That is natural. Homosexuality is Un-natural.

That like saying someone is not born with a preference for food. Their desire for food develops later in life. Naturally people eat food, not dirt. Naturally people are born Straight not Gay. And there are Zero scientific evidence that anyone is born Gay. It is a Choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min Team America 42,188
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Chuck 690,486
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 27 min Robert F 989,758
I absolutely HATE my LG V20 smartphone!!! 30 min Doctor REALITY 1
Slop your Hogs again please God!!! 54 min 1967 is calling 2
US Marines Mostly Gay (Oct '11) 4 hr Mike 2232 42
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Rabbis on the Run 140
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 9 hr Paul is dead 632
More from around the web