<quoted text>
Did Jesus approve that message?
Why don't you ask Him when you see Him.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#541397 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbelief.

What did the ten spies say.

But the men that went with him said,We be not able to go up against the people for they are stronger than we.Numbers 13:31

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541398 May 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Such as.
"The Bible contains several references to slavery. The Bible does not condemn slavery and actually regulates its practice, especially in the Old Testament,[1][2] but also in the New Testament.[3][4] Male Israelite slaves were to be offered release after seven years of service, with some stipulations.[5][6][7] Foreign slaves and their posterity became the perpetual property of the owner's family,[8] except in the case of certain injuries.[9]

The Bible was cited as justification for slavery by defenders.[10][11] Abolitionists have also used text from the New Testament to argue for the manumission of slaves.[12][13][14][15]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_sl...

why do you clowns constantly lie about the magic book none of you apparently read.

Location hidden

#541399 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbelief.

Why id many fail to enter into God's rest anciently.

And to whom sware He that they should not enter into His rest but to them that believe not So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.Hebrews 3:18&19

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#541401 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Catcher! Whassup? Have any of the self-described Christians on this thread convinced you of the loving power of their deity yet?
.. hi ya Oscar! They've convinced me that being considerate & understanding doesn't work. How's the Brit nerd ??..

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#541402 May 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>**TO SKOM**
<quoted text>
Those are your words, not mine.
And I've told you that I am tired of rolling the boulder uphill trying to explain anything to you. How many times do I need to repeat myself? I've already told you that it's not a matter of peaceful or not peaceful.
Give it up. Don't try to understand. It's not for you. I don't feel like trying to explain anything to you any more. As I said, it's just too much work.
.. you finally got it. Congratulations !!..

Location hidden

#541404 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbelief.

How are these unbelieving ones spoken of.

But with whom was He grieved forty years was it not with them that had sinned whose cacases fell in the wilderness.Hebrews 3:17

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#541406 May 30, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Lesson of unbelief.
Why id many fail to enter into God's rest anciently.
And to whom sware He that they should not enter into His rest but to them that believe not So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.Hebrews 3:18&19
The Hell! Law says that Hell! is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell! is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't. HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

Location hidden

#541408 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbelief.

What lesson should be learned for their course.

Let us therefore fear lest a promise being left us of entering into His rest any of you should seem to come short of it. Hebrews 4:1

Please note;God does not change.If he was grieved at the unbelief of the Isralites and refused them admittance to Canaan in consquence.He cannot permit us to enter the heavenly rest as long as we indulge in unbelief.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#541409 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That is your fantasy and your imagination.
Here is some more facts of your decline:
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/at...
Rejected. That's a Jewish apologetics site.

I just Googled "Atheism in decline worldwide" http://snipurl.com/275coog Here are the six eight hits (I numbered them). Look at them. The first one, which says that atheism is in decline, is your link from a Jewish site. The second, from Church Times, agrees, as does the fourth written by a theologian.

The other three, from Wikipedia and the Huffington Post, say the opposite, as do their references, such as "The Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism" for the two HuffPo articles, and the 91 references at the bottom of the Wiki piece. None of the apologetics pieces offers a single piece of research in support.

[1] God not so dead: Atheism in decline worldwide
www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/atheism-i... ;
“Atheism as a theoretical position is in decline worldwide,” Munich theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg told United Press International Tuesday. His Oxford ...

[2] New Atheists in decline - Church Times
www.churchtimes.co.uk › Comment › Opinion&#8206;
New Atheists in decline. Posted: 04 Jan 2013 @ 00:16. Religious arguments are gaining ground among secular philosophers, as theology achieves more ...

[3] Demographics of atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism... ;
The number of atheists is on the rise across the world, with religiosity generally declining. Scientists and in particular eminent scientists are mostly atheists,...
Studies and statistics - Geographic distribution - Income distribution - References

[4] Science,'frauds' trigger a decline in atheism - Washington Times
www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/.../2005030... ;
Mar 3, 2005 –“Atheism as a theoretical position is in decline worldwide,” Munich theologian Wolfhart Pannenberg said in an interview. His Oxford colleague ...

[5] Religiosity Plummets In Ireland And Declines Worldwide; Atheism ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../religiosity-plumme... ;
by Dominique Mosbergen
Aug 8, 2012 – Rocked in recent years by sex-abuse scandals and crises in leadership, the Catholic Church in the Republic of Ireland has been struggling to ...

[6] Atheism Rises, Religiosity Declines In America - Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../atheism-rise-relig... ;
Aug 14, 2012 –(RNS) Religiosity is on the decline in the U.S. and atheism is on the rise, according to a new worldwide poll. The poll, called "The Global Index ...

==========

I repeat: there is nothing true known only to believers. If something can ONLY be found amongst apologists, they made it up.

Location hidden

#541410 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbelief.

What should all labor to do.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.Hebrews 4:11

Location hidden

#541412 May 30, 2013
Lessons of unbelief.

When told of the disciples failure to heal an afficted son what did Christ say of the generation.

He answereth him and saith,O faithless generation how long shall I be with you,how long shall I suffer you,bring him unto me.Mark 9:19

Location hidden

#541414 May 30, 2013
Lesson of unbeleif.

What did Christ say to Thomas because he did not believe the testimony of his brethren concerning His Resurrection.

Reach hither thy finger and behold My hands and reach hither they and and thrust it into My side and be not faithless but believing.John 20:27

Please note;The Lord rebuked Thomas for his unbelief because he would not accept the testimony of so many credible witnesses who had seen Him.How much more reprehensible is that unbelief which holds out against the present cloud of witnesses of prophecy fulfilled and fulfilling.

Fennario

#541416 May 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. not so long ago, leaders of the Southern Baptist Church were staunch segregationists. After preaching from the pulpit about, "The filthy, disgusting idea of drinking from a water fountain after a black person," the pastor turns to the children and says, "Let's sing Jesus Loves the Little Children, All the Children of the World.”..

.. understand, the pastor wasn't a white supremacist or a racist, he was simply revealing the wisdom contained in the gospel and had the ability to preach contradictory worldviews: Jesus loves everyone equally but whites are better than blacks. Since he had the authority of Scripture, his arguments were persuasive and his flock believed him ..

.. fast forward to the 21st Century. Somewhere in the south, a preacher stands behind the pulpit and begins his sermon: "Today, let's look at what we learn in Timothy 1:10,'The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine...' Yes, my brothers and sisters in Christ, homosexuals are immoral abominations." ..

.. he turns to the choir and instructs them to sing "Amazing Grace." ..
Nice post. And the beat goes on.

Fennario

#541417 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
I can say I'm deeply proud of the way the Christians on here stand up for they believe in. And in doing that, they strengthen me. Whatever the secular humanist and unbelievers think they accomplish on this billboard, to me it favors the Christians. Shrink writer will be fine LOL.
Nice example. No wonder you're so proud.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#541418 May 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
OH crap, Don't start that again!
If one could prove beyond a doubt that Jesus lived and was crucified in the first 1/3 of the 1st Cent., it would do nothing to prove a single thing your religion claims about him.
There were possibly tens of thousands Jews crucified by the Romans. Jesus was nothing special in that regard.
Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Julius Caesar really existed and wasn't merely an icon.

Go.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#541419 May 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. let me introduce you to Uganda where Evangelical Christians are promoting a bill to execute homosexuals ..
CHRISTIANS IN UGANDA
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/afric...
UGANDA'S "KILL HOMOSEXUALS" BILL
https://www.allout.org/en/actions/uganda-now
Then I'd suggest staying out of Uganda.

We can send the American military over there and waste everybody. We could then establish an empire. Would that solve the crisis?

Does Uganda have anything to offer in the way of natural resources; gold, diamonds, oil, timber, agriculture, fishing, ivory, country clubs?

Fennario

#541421 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Yesterday I read one the most distressing writings I ever see on this billboard from a dutch writer that say he was forced into Christianity as a child. And his country was conquered by Christians and Christianity was forced upon them. Them things not right. Now it make a lot of sense why so much of europe rebel against Christianity.
We all resent having Christianity imposed on us.

I don't mean being forced to go to church. I mean being subjected to things that Christians believe because they think Jesus believe it, too. I've said it before; This is the principle source of contention between the church and secular society - your pushiness. I realize that you don't care at all. But we care very much. So, we're doing something about it: pushing back:

Fennario

#541423 May 30, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No problem. And since according to IAN'S any rebuke that is verbal is peaceful by definition then mine must have been as well right?
As I told both you and Mark, this isn't an issue of peace or war. Why are you fixated on that? It's also not about influenza or school vouchers. It's about your church imposing its will on unbelievers, and us not being willing to settle for it.

It's all been peaceful ever since the last witch burnings in Salem. It is nothing but a war of words, a struggle of ideas - not a peace issue.

Are you intending to litter the thread with continual diversions to the irrelevant? There will never be ever appearing on this thread but words, and as long as we are confined to words, peace will prevail. There may be hurt feelings, but there will be peace, not punches. There may be anger and even threats, but there will be peace, not gunfire.

Peace doesn't mean happiness. It means peace. It's not an issue on a message board.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#541424 May 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Julius Caesar really existed and wasn't merely an icon.
Go.
Who cares if Julius Caesar really existed, and by that, I mean...

No one currently invokes the name of Julius Caesar to justify condemning entire components of the members of our society as being evil, abominations, or "sinners" worthy of eternal tortuous living deaths, or insists the only way to avoid those blanket condemnations is to worship him based upon a mythic story in a book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 603,116
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aerobatty 877,530
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min Gary Coaldigger 7,899
The Christian Atheist debate 12 min too lazy to log in 3,778
Why African-Americans so ugly? 43 min Life129 1
bj needed 48 min Michael Jackson 2
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... (Feb '15) 57 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 992
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr The swamiji 7,611
More from around the web