Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#541459 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You choose to comment daily on a board with a Christian theme, and yet you think the validity of your claim to be a Christian isn't anyone's business? LOL. Okaaaaay. You seem a mite confused.
What does it matter to me if you, or anyone else, thinks I'm a valid Christian or not?

???

oy!, you the one confused, I don't answer to Man.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541460 May 30, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
ancient slavery have nothing to do with modern slavery,murderous slaves, hanging iron yokes on their necks
READ BIBLE 5 MOSE BOOKS ABOUT SLAVERY, THEIR FREEDOM,AND VOLUNTARY SLAVERY WITH PEARCED EARS BY THOSE WHO DID WANT TO BE FREE.
Today slavery is worse as ancient tim, whole life slavery for work to have basic foods,pay bills etc...
gay slavery, slavery to alcohol,drugs, immorality,adultery,religious churches,political goverments etc...
today slavery is like Spider nest chocking today each human on this earth
this magic Book mostly is not readed by idiots world christians,and those who without of end spew against this Book-Bible called GODS WORD
have good day old pal
be always on good mood,and fell healthy
yes in ancient Roman times when slavery was still fun:

----------
Slaves were considered property under Roman law and had no legal personhood. Unlike Roman citizens, they could be subjected to corporal punishment, sexual exploitation (prostitutes were often slaves), torture, and summary execution. The testimony of a slave could not be accepted in a court of law unless the slave was tortured—a practice based on the belief that slaves in a position to be privy to their masters' affairs would be too virtuously loyal to reveal damaging evidence unless coerced.
----------

As if the beatings and sexual abuse were not bad enough. But then Jesus of course says that slaves deserve beatings and the must work harder or they will get even more. And for Christian master they must even work harder???

It is amazing what Christians come up with to distort the bible and twist the words.

If Jesus were the almighty God he would have ended slavery. That is what Pagan man-gods and the Messiah were supposed to do. That is why the Jews revolted to the Roman empire. To overthrow it not to become its slaves so they could inherit Jesus heaven.

The funny thing is that if Christians read such bullshit in the Koran, they immediately recognize this is unethical, but when it is in the bible they start lying to get from under it.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#541461 May 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I thought he was a nubile sexually ambivalent/vague Japanese girl with knowledge beyond her years, who had very advanced close quarter combat skills despite weighing 95 lbs soaking wet.
....maybe I have him/her/it confused with someone else...
I think you've confused Waaasup with Hidingfromyou, LOL!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541462 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw! Thanks!
It is kinda sad to see Topix slowly fade away. It used to have so many more people commenting. Granted, it also had alot more garbage trolls too...
Why you no tell you is a homosexual just like him and both of you can hook up offline.

San Francisco

#541463 May 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...wassuuuppp is male?
<quoted text>
.. did I tell you Wassuuupp PM'ed me? Not going to disclose the contents of message. Use your imagination ..
Oh I have a pretty good idea of what that was about. I saw him (I think on the Prove thread) trying to get pics out of another female poster. I mean, he does that all the time. Does he EVER get laid?

San Francisco

#541464 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>What does it matter to me if you, or anyone else, thinks I'm a valid Christian or not?
???
oy!, you the one confused, I don't answer to Man.
Do you answer to Jesus? He directly commanded his followers that all people should love each other as themselves. He specifically said that was his most important teaching. Of course no one can always abide by that perfectly, but I don't see you trying very hard.

Seems to me that if your religious belief doesn't make you a better person, there isn't much point to it.

San Francisco

#541465 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why you no tell you is a homosexual just like him and both of you can hook up offline.
Do you hook up with every heterosexual of the opposite gender to you?

Since: May 11

London, UK

#541466 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've confused Waaasup with Hidingfromyou, LOL!
...you think so? I'm not so sure.

San Francisco

#541467 May 30, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>

The funny thing is that if Christians read such bullshit in the Koran, they immediately recognize this is unethical, but when it is in the bible they start lying to get from under it.
Exactly!

Since: May 11

London, UK

#541468 May 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...wassuuuppp is male?
<quoted text>
.. did I tell you Wassuuupp PM'ed me? Not going to disclose the contents of message. Use your imagination ..
...he/she/it sounds delightful.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#541469 May 30, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...wassuuuppp is male?
<quoted text>
Using our minds to think about that can get some into trouble.....
as the National Enquirer says..."Enquiring minds want to know!"

and then again........maybe not......

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541470 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hook up with every heterosexual of the opposite gender to you?
The numbers show homosexual mean almost have sex with every homosexual they come across. 79% say almost all they partners are strangers. 28% say over 1000 partners.

Here, that's you lifestyle:
http://carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promisc...

So the numbers show a high probability you going to get Lacez phone number and address and fly go montreal go have sex with him or him come to you. That the reality of the homosexual lifestyle, I not no homosexual. don't blame the messenger.

San Francisco

#541471 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The numbers show homosexual mean almost have sex with every homosexual they come across. 79% say almost all they partners are strangers. 28% say over 1000 partners.
So the numbers show a high probability you going to get Lacez phone number and address and fly go montreal go have sex with him or him come to you. That the reality of the homosexual lifestyle, I not no homosexual. don't blame the messenger.
Actually, if you bother to look at what you posted, the "statistics" on that cite are from other anti-gay Christian sources. Circular reasoning and confirmation bias. If you consider such information reliable, that may explain why you are so badly misinformed.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541472 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you answer to Jesus? He directly commanded his followers that all people should love each other as themselves. He specifically said that was his most important teaching. Of course no one can always abide by that perfectly, but I don't see you trying very hard.
Seems to me that if your religious belief doesn't make you a better person, there isn't much point to it.
Well you free to think that. No Jesus Follower should be concerned with how you think they will answer to Jesus. How is what you think relevant to the Jesus Follower? Why would the Jesus follower take advise from a Homosexual?

You can't answer to Jesus for no Jesus follower, so what you think is pointless. How you think the Jesus follower should act is pointless. Any advise you give the Jesus Follower is pointless. No Jesus follower should ever think you is a better person. If you not Jesus Christ, anything you tell the Jesus Follower is pointless. And if you Jesus Christ, then prove it.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541473 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Religion is a cultural projection. Indeed, the individual follower of a religion or faith creates their deity in their own image. This is why you have angry fire-and-brimstone Christians who troll the Old Testament for passages about damnation and tyranny, and light-and-fluffy New Testament Christians who focus on Jesus and disregard the OT. There is a God for everyone; to understand a religious person you need only learn about the deity they worship. No one ever worshiped a deity they disagreed with.
This is true. I do not think good people will become bad, or bad people become good through religion.

The problem with Monotheism, as it offers people no choice, is that it puts a blanket over the differences. Evil people pose as super Christians but secretly go on doing evil. And good people are told they must confess they are evil. When caught evil people must be forgiven, while good people are given deep feelings of guilt and insufficiency.

It creates a moral confusion in which evil people come to power.(As was pretty normal in Rome)

That is why in Pagan religions spiritual knowledge was kept secret and was not written down. This created much more clarity in society, who you could trust.

But it also made it very easy for the Romans to behead society and create people who were dependent. Long before Christianity the Romans already did these things. In Britain they ruthlessly extinguished the Druids as this upper class could organize resistance. In Christianity they simply gave it a religious justification and created an extra incentive.

San Francisco

#541474 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well you free to think that. No Jesus Follower should be concerned with how you think they will answer to Jesus. How is what you think relevant to the Jesus Follower? Why would the Jesus follower take advise from a Homosexual?
You can't answer to Jesus for no Jesus follower, so what you think is pointless. How you think the Jesus follower should act is pointless. Any advise you give the Jesus Follower is pointless. No Jesus follower should ever think you is a better person. If you not Jesus Christ, anything you tell the Jesus Follower is pointless. And if you Jesus Christ, then prove it.
All I know is that you claim to be a follower of Jesus, and yet you act like a jerk. Maybe Jesus is the savior of jerks.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#541475 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you bother to look at what you posted, the "statistics" on that cite are from other anti-gay Christian sources. Circular reasoning and confirmation bias. If you consider such information reliable, that may explain why you are so badly misinformed.
Or you just like to suppress what and who you are so you deny the raw facts and data and criticize the messenger which is just a website. The source and validity of all of the numbers and data are there. Methink that the same reason you deny the bible, you don't like because it shows you, what and who you are. And it aint a pretty sight.

San Francisco

#541476 May 30, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. I do not think good people will become bad, or bad people become good through religion.
The problem with Monotheism, as it offers people no choice, is that it puts a blanket over the differences. Evil people pose as super Christians but secretly go on doing evil. And good people are told they must confess they are evil. When caught evil people must be forgiven, while good people are given deep feelings of guilt and insufficiency.
It creates a moral confusion in which evil people come to power.(As was pretty normal in Rome)
That is why in Pagan religions spiritual knowledge was kept secret and was not written down. This created much more clarity in society, who you could trust.
But it also made it very easy for the Romans to behead society and create people who were dependent. Long before Christianity the Romans already did these things. In Britain they ruthlessly extinguished the Druids as this upper class could organize resistance. In Christianity they simply gave it a religious justification and created an extra incentive.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”

&#8213; Napoleon Bonaparte

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#541477 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The numbers show homosexual mean almost have sex with every homosexual they come across. 79% say almost all they partners are strangers. 28% say over 1000 partners.
Is there any more recent data? most of those studies are 15-20 years old.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541478 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Are you sure? You sound like Ted Haggard to me?

And who cares? Are you concerned about wasted semen like the biblical god in a world that has a big overpopulation problem? Maybe homosexuality is the solution.

If you want to make objections to homosexuality you should come up with ethical objections. But then a again who are you to throw the first stone being a Christian and worshipping a god that condones slavery and even beating of slaves?

Let Jesus speak:
Jesus wrote:
1 Peter 2:18
18Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 19For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God. 20But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
Jesus wrote:
Colossians 3
22Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.
Jesus wrote:
Ephesians 6
5Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, 8because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.
Jesus wrote:
1 Timothy 6
1All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered. 2Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them.
Jesus wrote:
Luke 12:47
47"That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
GOD SAID IT, THE BIBLE CONFIRMS IT, THAT SETTLES IT

I think this unfeeling ideology is a bigger problem than sexual preference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 8 min Buck Crick 122
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 665,298
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 31 min Clearwater 88,102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min RiversideRedneck 977,280
News Medicare looms over Trump-Ryan alliance 1 hr discocrisco 1
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 1 hr Peter Ross 549
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr LAWEST100 184,718
More from around the web