“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#541281 May 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Imo a person that has said yes to the Lord Jesus and been born again and then has the Holy Spirit living in him isn't going to see any of this in the same way.
You're describing Klan members. They've done that.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
The very word says what concerns a Christian is foolish to the world that is perishing.
The world is not perishing. Your church is, however, at least in the West where it is known, and where people are educated. I hear its doing well where impoverished and unschooled people that are unfamiliar with it live, like Africa and Asia.

Congratulations!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#541282 May 30, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Here I am, in awe of Your tremendous love and power. I too am persuaded that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any power, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from Your love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord (based on Romans 8:38-39). My identity is not in my job, my profession, nor any other thing, but in You. I am convinced that no matter what happens, I am a precious human being in Your sight and Your love, grace, and mercy will always sustain me. Thank you so much. In�Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen....

Fennario

#541283 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
May 17, 2013:
http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/...
More Christianity Growth in America, look at that!
This is what you offer to show us how well Christianity is doing in America? 600,000 Christian immigrants? You hate those people.

In the meantime, your children are defecting from the church at an alarming rate. About four million Americans will be born in America this year, and fewer than half will be Christians.

Sorry.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#541284 May 30, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you been born fifty years earlier you might have been called Exalted Cyclops.
Yeah, that whole one eye thing...

Fennario

#541285 May 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Thanks for the history lesson, but true "christians" did not kill or enslaved anyone regardless of claiming the mantle of Christ.
We don't care about so-called true Christians, which seem to exist mostly in your imagination. We're more interested in actual Christians, which must be what you would call false Christians.

We're a little more grounded in reality that you are.

Incidentally, I notice that you aren't so interested in making such distinctions when counting Christians. If the census only counted what you call true Christians, your religion would already have been pronounced dead.

Since: May 11

UK

#541286 May 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't listen.
You come up with your own conclusions.
You're a poser and an idiot.
*puts up Redneck off-white sheet*
bye
ahh you're a bed-wetter...it explains a lot.

Fennario

#541287 May 30, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
And you main ranting ans stomping since you come on here is how Christianity dying. And I truly believe you hate Christianity with a delusional blind foaming at the mouth hatred.
I don't hate Christianity any more than Communism, Islam, or monarchy. I just don't have to deal with those, so you don't hear much about them.
trifecta1 wrote:
So the truth of Christianity growing, I take the utmost pleasure in wiping you face in it.
It seems that you're the one with the hate issue. Weren't you promised fruits of the spirit?

Fennario

#541288 May 30, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Ever read or heard Joseph Campbell's lectures on mythology ?
Sure. I had a six or eight lecture set on VHS in the eighties. He was a scholar and a gentle spirit. We briefly discussed this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Are you familiar with Jung and his archetypes? It's very compatible with Campbell's "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" motif.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#541289 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>I think he's telling you that you lack spiritual discernment and that you aren't rightly dividing the word of truth. Each of you appears to decide for himself what the bible says, often calling dissenters disciples of Satan. Didn't you just do that yourself?

LAWEST100 wrote, " many of you have done that because you don't have the faith to believe in God's Word as it has been translated into the english language, you don't have faith to believe that God has a hand in guiding and protecting his Word that he may get it over to his people unchanged.........sad and pitiful"

There you go. See - you know what the bible says and they don't, right? Wouldn't you agree that that's clearly Satan at work?
It's a GOOD thing that we don't have "the faith to believe."
I don't think any rational being wants to believe in a belief without evidence.
Why worship an imaginary being that can only be read about in one book?
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#541290 May 30, 2013
Somebody praise the Lord. He was, he is, he is to come.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#541291 May 30, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Beginning after the Civil War, members of the Protestant-led Ku Klux Klan organization began engaging in arson, beatings, cross burning, destruction of property, lynching, murder, rape, tar-and-feathering, and whipping against African Americans, Jews, Catholics, and other social or ethnic minorities.
They were explicitly Christian terrorist in ideology, basing their beliefs on a "religious foundation" in Christianity. The goals of the KKK included, from an early time on, an intent to "reestablish Protestant Christian values in America by any means possible," and believe that "Jesus was the first Klansman." Their cross-burnings were conducted not only to intimidate targets, but to demonstrate their respect and reverence for Jesus Christ, and the lighting ritual was steeped in Christian symbolism, including the saying of prayers and singing of Christian hymns. Many modern Klan organizations, such as the Knights Party, USA, continue to focus on the Christian supremacist message, asserting that there is a "war" on to destroy "western Christian civilization."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terror...
Are all Christians responsible for the KKK? Of course not. But the better question is: is racism endemic in Christian ideology, and unfortunately, according to the Bible, the answer is sadly, yes.
Hey wildrice, thought you had gotten a case of agraphia. Wish Buck was here to repudiate all your pontificating bullshit. Do you not know the difference between a Christian and one in name only?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541292 May 30, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you consider yoursrlf equal with the Lord Jesus?
I am not equal to many people for a variety of reasons.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#541293 May 30, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I only know Kaitlyn from WINLAC...I have probably exchanged less than five or six posts with her.
"G" brought the post over here...I made a comment about it.
This is my last post regarding this...won't get dragged in to a debate over what I said. There is not much else that I can say anyway that will make a difference.
Sometimes no matter what is said one side or the other will find offense...sometimes both sides will. It is the risk that is taken when one voices their opinion.
I don't know if you are being "dragged into a debate" Annie

You had no problem saying someone was being shunned for their actions and not their beliefs. It also implied the person who thought his beliefs played a role was blind as to the real reason. It also was clear you were not speaking just for yourself either. But the evidence shows this guy isn't blind for thinking that as clearly his beliefs do play a role.

I am not sure it falls into how you want to portray it as if no matter what opinion you may give on anything someone may take offense. You made a pretty bold and quite frankly IMO an untrue statement that was summing up someone's character as a whole for why he was being shunned.

So I don't think it is the risk you run so much any time you give an opinion. That makes it sound like you somehow have been the victim of simply trying to express yourself. You made it clear someone was being shunned. on Topix mind you and all that entails with how others post, for only his behavior and his beliefs played no role. So if you want to change this

Annie said:

Sometimes no matter what is said one side or the other will find offense...sometimes both sides will. It is the risk that is taken when one voices their opinion.

to this:

Sometimes when implying someone has been appropriately shunned for their awful behavior and they can't seem to understand that is the reason and not their beliefs, other may challenge you on that when the evidence shows that isn't the case...sometimes both sides may. It is the risk that is taken when one states such things

then I am 100% in agreement

This is my last post on it as well. I think it is clear his beliefs certainly play a role among the people who have "shunned" him and as usual it is a hypocritical double-standard. I don't see anything else that needs to be said about it

Montreal

#541294 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>Who did he insult? "A lot of people"?

I suggest that we give up the pretense about insults. You people are offensive. Your bible is offensive. You offend gays and you offend unbelievers.

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

Vile? That's offensive. Screw your bible and the god that you think wrote that.

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

Do you believe that or disavow it? If the former, you compare me to a murderer and a whoremonger, and call me fit for torture. You have no room to complain about insults.

[3] Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ." - 1 John 2:22

Did the piece of crap that authored that just call me a liar for my unbelief? I have two words for him, and they're not "God bless."

And you're crying about, "A lot of people here are delusional"

Seriously - can we dispense with the BS? Why should anybody be concerned about offending you, especially if you choose to be offended by something like that?
Here's something he'll probably take as an insult, whereas it's just a quote from a book I've been reading.
I rather enjoyed this part, what do you think of this quote:

"There wasn’t anything the Holy Ghost had done in Mother Mary’s pu**y that Bing couldn’t have done better, if he had three days alone with her in the House of Sleep."
- NOS4A2, Joe Hill

Montreal

#541295 May 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>Hey wildrice, thought you had gotten a case of agraphia. Wish Buck was here to repudiate all your pontificating bullshit. Do you not know the difference between a Christian and one in name only?
Then there are a hell of a lot less Christians that you make it out to be.
If all of the Christians are fake Christians, anyone who doesn't believe what you believe, then there must only be a handful of you.

Location hidden

#541296 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Did I ever claim otherwise?
Perhaps you don't know what peace is. It's antitheses are things like war and chaos. My objection to you is unrelated to peace. I don't like what you did for other reasons that I have given you ad infinitum.
And I don't care to discuss serious matters with you. You're not up to it. you have little to contribute, you paraphrase and mangle, and it's always much more work than it should be. The boulder, you know.
Your value lies elsewhere.
I am just wondering why you cry so much over peaceful comments then?

You sure you showing a lot of pretend indignation for how Lacez was spoken to and have on many occassions indicated how people post on Topix is a clear expression of their morals. Yet now anything it writing in nothing but a peaceful rebuke

Your arguments are pretty stupid and clearly contradict one another. But you throw all logic out the window when rationalizing your own behavior so I am not surprised

Location hidden

#541297 May 30, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>Actions vs words my friend. No doubt some in the kkk claim to be Christian. I really doubt that. I lived in Mobile, Al some time back and the kkk has murdered countless people over the years. Imo this latest tactic is really quite old. Call an evil group like the kkk Christian like years ago when WIP posted that Christians were like the Taliban. Its just bomb throwing.
Yep

And for people to claim they are simply voicing their opinion as they have a right to and why shouldn't they have the same courtesies extended to them is just more feigned ignorance

It would be like showing up to a Mothers Against Drunk Driving seminar and simply voicing your opinion that you think there is nothing wrong with driving drunk and acting surprised it elicited an emotional or angry response.

They (most of them) have come here with the sole intention of mocking the faith. Every so often they use debate as the pretense but it doesn't fool anyone considering the comments between such posts. I have seldom seen people less capable of being honest on such a regular basis.But for them to be truthful now would be admitting hundreds of past statements were lies. That is the hole digs oneself into when they start with lies in the first place. Lies always require more lies and so on.

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#541298 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What is taught is not what it says in some book, but what people actually learn. If you tell a child to be gentle while you are beating him, you don't teach gentility. You teach violence and hypocrisy.
Kind of like when you rally against bigotry while showing nothing but bigotry

Then again, the motto for your pretend country's currency ought to say "do what we say, not what we do"

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541299 May 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Sure. I had a six or eight lecture set on VHS in the eighties. He was a scholar and a gentle spirit. We briefly discussed this:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Are you familiar with Jung and his archetypes? It's very compatible with Campbell's "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" motif.
I haven't read Jung in a few decades.
Campbell was one of the few people that made sense to me regarding all the myths... and their value when separated from religion.

I don't mind that most people aren't interested in such things. What bothers me is that so many pretend to.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#541300 May 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Even with the influx of immigrants, Christinanity still declines in the U.S.
http://silenthappydance.com/wp-content/upload...
That is your fantasy and your imagination.

Here is some more facts of your decline:
http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/at...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min scaritual 776,179
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 19 min WildWeirdWillie 175,724
17 Cats Who Will Make You Question Evolution 48 min hafacs 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min onemale 265,254
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 58 min Classic 1,906
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr God Truth 18
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 559,800
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr foothillbilly 441,788
More from around the web