Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#541018 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
All you can do is mark my post nuts....with a silly icon ...
man changed the creators name and made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship.His name Is Yahweh he is your heavenly father.
And if you have a king james bible with a concordance it will read
the words lord god baal were added to his name was because the divine reverence of his name was believed to be to holy to be spoken so mortal man changed his name .And made him a god the very thing he warns you not to worship....satan has deceived the world.
Prove this to be incorrect,,,,,,
Then tell me why you worship a man made god.
Well said Yahchanan.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541019 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
Here Is another lie that the laws were nailed to the cross because the world does not keep the law hell most can not even keep ten much less 613.this is the reason for all the sin in the world.
Agreed again. I pray people will read what you just wrote.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541020 May 29, 2013
Yahchanan wrote:
the fathers name is Yahweh He is not a god His sons name is Yahshua.
HalleluYahweh!
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541021 May 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
But those that fail the test should be dealt with as hostile, and there is really no point in making any effort to be solicitous after that.
And what does that accomplish exactly?
For a few minutes you feel like a victor
until you read his reply
And then you have to retaliate again
and again
and again
and again

It becomes a stupid game like counterstrike. That is childish. Shall we kill all the tigers because they are aggressive too? These people can not do better, haven't you figured that out by now? You can not educate them. And to educate with a beating is stupid Christian ideology.

If we use this moral, we all sink to the level of the lowest creep. That is the last thing I will do. I will never sink to the level of the fundamentalist Christian. I rather be killed than become one of them.

If discussing here would bring me down like that, I rather stay away. i have that choice, no one forces me to be here. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you have no control over your emotions, do not blame it on others.

You talk like you are some kind of military commander dealing with insurgents. But those guys have the brain of peanut themselves. They can not figure out that if you invade other peoples country some people are bound to get mad and resist to you. You come here and attack Christian ideology and expect brainwashed Christians to be nice to you? How intelligent is that?

Who cares how they react? They react as expected, they are morons. What do you expect of morons? We are not her to convert morons, to make war on morons, or to educate morons, or make nice conversation to morons. Morons are not worthy any reaction. Not even to expose them as as morons, because anyone with half a brain can see that for himself.

But behaving like a moron yourself to retaliate? That is plain stupid. Why should they be morons but not you, behaving the same?
They are on mission from God? What is your excuse?

Christianity sees every thing as battle between truth and lie (their truth). My battle with Christianity is not truth, but ethics. I do not give a damn what they believe, but I take offence how they treat others. they have no right to try to impose their believes on others.

And you have no more right to offend people than they do you. Yoy only think you have. Is this your moral? If someone tries to kill you, you will try to kill him? If he steals from you, you steal from him? If he lies to you, you lie to him? It that it? How can you believe you are any better, if you behave the same only in a different order?

If I write this, this is not because I dislike you, but rather that I have higher hopes for you.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541022 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I come in My Father's name, too. YHWH, EL, Allah, Brahma, God, Zeus, Tao, ad infinitum.
My Father is called by many names in many languages.
Shalom my friend. LOL

Does your father have an identity crisis, or is he whatever you wish him to be.

You still crack me up somethin' fierce old friend. LMAO

Andrew (CS).

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#541023 May 29, 2013
Accomplishes Nothing
[QUOTE who="Mark"]<quote d text>
And what does that accomplish exactly?
For a few minutes you feel like a victor
until you read his reply
And then you have to retaliate again
and again
and again
and again
It becomes a stupid game like counterstrike. That is childish. Shall we kill all the tigers because they are aggressive too? These people can not do better, haven't you figured that out by now? You can not educate them. And to educate with a beating is stupid Christian ideology.
If we use this moral, we all sink to the level of the lowest creep. That is the last thing I will do. I will never sink to the level of the fundamentalist Christian. I rather be killed than become one of them.
If discussing here would bring me down like that, I rather stay away. i have that choice, no one forces me to be here. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If you have no control over your emotions, do not blame it on others.
You talk like you are some kind of military commander dealing with insurgents. But those guys have the brain of peanut themselves. They can not figure out that if you invade other peoples country some people are bound to get mad and resist to you. You come here and attack Christian ideology and expect brainwashed Christians to be nice to you? How intelligent is that?
Who cares how they react? They react as expected, they are morons. What do you expect of morons? We are not her to convert morons, to make war on morons, or to educate morons, or make nice conversation to morons. Morons are not worthy any reaction. Not even to expose them as as morons, because anyone with half a brain can see that for himself.
But behaving like a moron yourself to retaliate? That is plain stupid. Why should they be morons but not you, behaving the same?
They are on mission from God? What is your excuse?
Christianity sees every thing as battle between truth and lie (their truth). My battle with Christianity is not truth, but ethics. I do not give a damn what they believe, but I take offence how they treat others. they have no right to try to impose their believes on others.
And you have no more right to offend people than they do you. Yoy only think you have. Is this your moral? If someone tries to kill you, you will try to kill him? If he steals from you, you steal from him? If he lies to you, you lie to him? It that it? How can you believe you are any better, if you behave the same only in a different order?
If I write this, this is not because I dislike you, but rather that I have higher hopes for you.
~~grin~~.LOL. Other than calling me and Christians morons and brainwashed, quite an interesting take there.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#541024 May 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that.
But you forgot to do something: you forgot to make the argument that establishes my choices as unethical. You just assume it as self-evident.
Mark wrote: "your mentality is the same. This mentality is: "The goal justifies the means". Because your cause is noble (In your view!) you think you can allow unethical means."
Recall that this began when Lacez and I were discussing my willingness to deal with scurrilous Christian posters with their own weapons, a choice he commended. I called it a sliding scale, and noted that while some others might say that this diminished me, I disagreed. Then you disagreed with me, calling these decisions and behaviors unethical. I called your argument circular, since it assumed what it set out to prove: that my strategy was somehow unethical, or in some other way wrong. I commented that I didn't believe that it hurt my spirit or my goals.
[CONT]
It is unethical from my point of view. because you use means that are unnecessary and do not accomplish any other goal than hurting someone else feelings.

If you call someone a moron even if he behaves like one, what will that accomplish? Will the moron suddenly realize he is a morron and start behaving nice?
Really?
Really??
Really???

You really believe that? Than you have little understanding of human psychology. It will only give him a justification. Especially with Christians who are used to reverse cause and effect. For instance if people did exactly the same things as Jesus long before Jesus they call that "foreshadowing". They copied Jesus! So if you offend them they reason they offended you first because they already knew you were the moron coming here to attack their beliefs. And now you proved it to them!

Not only does it not accomplish anything with them, it only is a shame to all people that rebuke Christian belief in a peaceful way. You make us look like them.

And there is no necessity for it. it is simply venting frustration. The got to you and finally you surrender and give in to your frustration and anger. Victory for them. All they want to proof is, you are no better than them. They can not win the argument, they only have a bunch of lies they call belief. They need to make it into mud-fight. That is what they do, that is what they always do.

Get smart. Don't play their games, play your own game. Get above it. If you can that you will actually become a better person from being here.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541025 May 29, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Keep tellin' yourself that, but, we both know that isn't true, right, Count?
Wrong. You're so predictable you give predictable a bad name.
scaritual wrote:
Why would you do that?
Because you're predictable and give predictable a bad name?
scaritual wrote:
Don't be so hard on yourself, Count.
Why are you eye ballin' me?
scaritual wrote:
And miss out on interacting with the "The Count of Strikerville"?
hahaaa
No interviews.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541026 May 29, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The only real difference between Christianity and Islam is that Islam doesn't consider Jesus to be a deity.
Actually Islam is closer to Judaism (and thus Jesus' teachings) than Christianity is.
Ironic, eh ?
em...uh....
Yup...

LOL

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541027 May 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Best part?
He doesn't think that his words are threats. Though empty, they are still threats, it's quite obvious.
Yawn!

This is poor...
No, this is both poor and boring.

Still nothing useful to contribute. Why am I not surprised.

CS.

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541029 May 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But all the "love."
Where will it go?
Do you mean lust or love?

“Quo Vadis”

Location hidden

#541030 May 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch.
Mind if I use that one?
----

Dismal.

CS.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541031 May 29, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Shalom my friend. LOL
Does your father have an identity crisis, or is he whatever you wish him to be.
You still crack me up somethin' fierce old friend. LMAO
Andrew (CS).
The 'creator' has no identity crisis at all. Humans do. <smile>

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#541032 May 29, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws were written for protection of those that can't protect themselves, the innocent ...like juveniles. What's stupid is that the older girl didn't realize, or no one explained to her that when she turned eighteen and joined the age of the majority scrutiny held a whole new meaning. When they were both juveniles ..informed but ignorance is no excuse before the law. She was a very bright student ...yet no one thought it important enough to educate her prior to her eighteenth birthday.
One must wonder, given her education, if she knew yet chose to ignore the law ...chose to continue regardless of turning eighteen.
I read that she turned down the State's offer opting instead to go to trial. The State will not back down. The State will use this case as an example to show that they mean business in the protection of Florida's youth ...in the protection of those yet to reach the age of the majority.
The State speaks for those without a voice. Far too many juveniles and young people meet their demise every year to predators. This is very serious.
I fear her continued defiance will have much more severe implications than she realizes.
I think it is absurd and not reflective of the times. These laws were meant so older men are not preying on young girls. It doesn't take into account many, many factors and the age disparity is not great enough. Did anybody envision these laws were meant to stop a senior in High School from dating a freshmen? This was pretty common even in my day. Although when I was a senior my girlfriend was a junior but people dating two or three years younger was extremely common.

Consensual sex between kids in the same school isn't what this is about. It is supposed to be about older men preying on younger girls. And yes even if it is consensual it should be illegal but something that wasn't illegal the day before and was considered normal by basically every standard should not suddenly be illegal the next. Make the law 21 to 16 at least.

And knowledge should be a factor as well When I was 22 I met a girl IN A BAR on a weekend night. She knew everyone in there and she also was a MANAGER and a local pizza chain. I had no reason to suspect she was not 21. Yet every morning she left my house at 6am. Generally speaking that would not have gotten any complaints except it was every day. It made no sense. Even someone working a second shift job would be home before then as my first though was maybe it had to do with having a boyfriend. The only thing that I could think of was she was going to school.

Location hidden

#541033 May 29, 2013
Edit HU

part 2 of 2

I told her I had doubts about her age and would no longer continue to see her unless i saw her ID as I remember I never got carded at the bar. At first she said her driver's license got ripped up for driving under the influence of pot. So I told her go get a State ID. Within a few days I was sure I was right although she look every bit of 21. But sure enough she brought be a state ID showing she was 21. This pattern continued for a while with her leaving and I just couldn't shake the feeling she was lying. I called the school she said she graduated from and told them she had applied for a job at my company and was doing a background check. They confirmed she was STILL a student there except she had been using her sister's name that graduated earlier and apparently taken her sister's info into Secretary of State to get a State ID. I had even met her mom who apparently lied for her!

Had I been charged none of this would have mattered. There should be some sort of knowing predatory act AND and age reflective of such an act. 18 to 15 is ridiculous imo by today's standards. But you are right, she can't be naive to the situation. They can put her on the sex offender list and ruin her life. Better to cut a deal as I can't imagine this is the kind of case they are looking to jam someone up too bad on. Still ridiculous though if you ask me,.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#541035 May 29, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad I missed that one...in keeping though with him wanting to watch Kaitlyn and Steph "go down" on each other.
Wasup thinks that he is shunned because of his faith...
Correction, he thinks he is being "persecuted as a Christian".

He can't grasp that his assholism is the problem, not his alleged religion.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#541039 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Did someone force you to be a Christian? and if they did, are they on this billboard? Is there a Christian on this billboard that is forcing you to accept Christian Theology??
Christianity has imposed itself on unbelievers. Our interest is in reversing that. Once Christian values are no longer in play informing laws, policies, and attitudes, we probably won't give you a second thought.
trifecta1 wrote:
You think Christians are surprised or caught off guard when Christianity is attacked??
Personally, I neither have an opinion on that, nor care what the answer is.
trifecta1 wrote:
I simply see you as using the same repetitive arguments over and over again[...]I see the same arguments, nothing new.
Thank you for sharing. The arguments aren't intended for you, nor is it necessary that you agree with them nor even understand them,much less that they keep you interested.
trifecta1 wrote:
You get mostly the same answers from Christians, the ones that have not gotten tired of repeating.
Your answers are irrelevant except as grist for analysis and internal discussion. For example, LAWEST and Counter_Stike have been saber rattling. We don't care about such opinions for their own sakes. They are useful to our discussions about what kind of people you are and how to deal with you.

Fennario

#541040 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
1. Why Christians don't follow all the Torah Laws.
2. Gnosticsim.
3. The Scourge of Homosexuality
4. Free Will
5. mistakes in the bible
I mean, I can go on and on.
So can I. There are hundreds of such topics discussed here, which kind of undermines your argument.

You obviously haven't understood those discussions, either. We don't care why you don't follow Old Testament laws. We know. In fact, we're pleased that you ignore most of them. We're merely commenting on your inconsistency there, and how your timeless and unchanging deity changes every few years to keep up with humanist sensibilities. We got your god to accept slavery, and we'll get it to accept homosexuality.

And we never discuss the "Scourge of Homosexuality." That's you. We discuss the scourge of Christianity and its homophobia.
trifecta1 wrote:
So what is going on is simply what another writer say one time. You and the other unbelievers, are simply howling at the moon. Because all you howling against Christianity, won't do any good.
Once again, thank you for sharing, but your perceptions in this matter are of little or no consequence. We'll decide for ourselves what is of value to us.

Fennario

#541041 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
If you no want to believe that, what that have to do with me? I repeat this all the time on here, no one responsible for what you believe, except you. Repeat Repeat.
Weren't you just bemoaning that in unbelievers? Oh yeah, here it is:

trifecta1 wrote: "I simply see you as using the same repetitive arguments over and over again[...]I see the same arguments, nothing new."

Cheers!

Location hidden

#541042 May 29, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unethical from my point of view. because you use means that are unnecessary and do not accomplish any other goal than hurting someone else feelings.
If you call someone a moron even if he behaves like one, what will that accomplish? Will the moron suddenly realize he is a morron and start behaving nice?
Roved it to them!
Not only does it not accomplish anything with them, it only is a shame to all people that rebuke Christian belief in a peaceful way. You make us look like them.
And there is no necessity for it. it is simply venting frustration. The got to you and finally you surrender and give in to your frustration and anger. Victory for them. All they want to proof is, you are no better than them. They can not win the argument, they only have a bunch of lies they call belief. They need to make it into mud-fight. That is what they do, that is what they always do.
Get smart. Don't play their games, play your own game. Get above it. If you can that you will actually become a better person from being here.
It is kind of funny that you can can make very good points in a post also so off-base

You say:

"They can not win the argument, they only have a bunch of lies they call belief. They need to make it into mud-fight. That is what they do, that is what they always do.
Get smart. Don't play their games, play your own game."

There are so many things wrong with this statement it is hard to know where to begin. First of all I showed you in several spots B9blically where you were wrong. You responded by losing your temper and insulting me.

Secondly what people believe isn't a lie. You guys constantly make the point beliefs are not facts, which I agree with, then want to have it both ways and claim a belief is a lie? It is just silly. Whether you agree with a belief or not does not make the person who believes it a liar or someone who has taken lies and claims them as beliefs

Thirdly it is the ones coming in to attack Christianity that often are the ones turning it into a mud-fight. Mainly because most believers could care less what you think about their beliefs and it infuriates you guys. Why would I care what some stranger thinks about my beliefs for it to anger me to the point of me losing my tempter. What kind of respect do you think I have for a guy who has nothing better to do than spend all day on the Internet arguing someone else's faith with them?

So yes you made some astute points that losing one's temper is all it is and letting ego or pride get in the mix when people lash out angrily. I agree that happens on both sides. Although some insults are just for fun. But your presumed moral superiority is funny to me as if losing your temper lowers you to our level. I recall our first conversation where i was civil and friendly with you but rebuffed your arguments and did so with scripture and you responded with insults. So not only you need to follow your own advice, you need to understand you are no better than us. Nor do hardly any Christians claim they are better than anyone else. People are people, all equipped with their own flaws.

Get over yourself Mark. You gave Ians some decent advice and made good observations as he justifies his own behavior constantly. But until you realize how much that applies to you and get honest that you are here for a confrontation than you most certainly are no better than anyone. You are here hoping to get under people's skin thinking you are going to wow us with your 'knowledge'. You are a dime a dozen on Topix and haven't brought anything we haven't seen before. So well I say kudos for calling bad behavior for what it is, you may want to get a glimpse in the mirror as well. Your motives, actions, and imagined superiority are right there with him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Chuck 678,913
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 19 min Liberals are Nutjobs 2,503
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min Buck Crick 118,989
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 54 min ChromiuMan 6,264
How to Recover Deleted Messages from iPhone wit... (May '13) 5 hr Wanckerty 59
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 6 hr diseases 546
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 6 hr reparations 42
More from around the web