Adam wrote:
<quoted text>[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]
"I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."

[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]
"I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."

Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
[Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
So even God admits there are other gods.

They any good?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#540965 May 29, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are a bit uneducated with how gays are treated by Muslims in their countries..... they are certainly not afraid of you ~ they would publicly hang you.
True, that does happen in Iran. They have hanged boys as young as 15.
:-(

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540966 May 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the end of us all. And it's why religions do a roaring trade IMO, because they offer people something after death.
Personally, I just want to cram as much as possible into the time I have left.
I'm a person of Faith, and I know many Christians and people of Faith that want to cram as much into their existence on earth as possible.

If your point is there has to be a tradeoff between thoroughly enjoying existence on Earth and Faith, you're off. Way off. You can have both. I have both, I know many people who have both, and probably most of the Christians on this billboard have both as well.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#540967 May 29, 2013
Adam wrote:
Matthew 12:50

"For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
A hermaphrodite?

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#540968 May 29, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>How do you figure?
You believe them because they said they were???
On the news a man shelled out big bucks, half what the job cost to get a new roof put on his house. The roofer skipped with the money.
Was he a Roofer or was he a con-man?
By your definition he was a roofer because he said he was, when the truth is he may not know a hip from a valley.
Are you the same kind of fool as the fool that lost his money?
Do you believe everything you're told?
You're not trying to use the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, are you?
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#540969 May 29, 2013
Adam wrote:
Moslems in countries like Afghanistan Saudi Arabia Oman and Jemen are doing the will of "the father" more than you self proclaimed christian atheist clowns who donĀ“t follow the laws of Moses saying that Jesus died for your sins.
Great! Enforcing morals from people who have little child brides, of only 10-12.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#540970 May 29, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>your just jealous cuz of all the cyber-trim i'm getting and you're not!;)
You certainly have an active imagination.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#540971 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>..
Do you see there where that child given IS the migthy GOD and the EVERLASTING FATHER?
Only in English Bibles.

Ask a Jew to explain it to you.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#540972 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> But do you share that name with the father, the son and the holy ghost?
Nope. Neither did Jesus.

<face palm>

I existed before Adam.
I will exist until the end of the Universe.
There is nothing in my clothes but God.
I am a God.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#540973 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Actually it was JESUS who said this and Paul, but if Paul had said it, it is still brought by the same spirit and just as valid.
I have as much divine authority as Paul, if not more.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#540974 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Just read Matthew 28:19 and see if you are able to discern it.
Matthew 28:19 has been proven to be a later addition. The earliest manuscripts do not have it.

http://jesus-messiah.com/apologetics/catholic...

^^^ Dr. G. Reckart, Apostolic Theological Bible College ^^^

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#540975 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> You are mixed up Annie, I agree with you that both sides can do better at being more courteous in their approach to one another, but I and I'm sure that other believers have the confidence within ourselves that we ARE standing on the Word of God and his Christ, while people like HL and others are trying to prove the opposite, like HFN has already told you..........when they come here to attack and discredit our faith........they will be met with a response and it will not always be a pleasant meeting.
.. if you were a member of the KKK and someone claimed it to be a hate organization, you might find the comment offensive, an attack, because of your personal involvement or sensitivity to hearing differing opinions than your own ..

.. when someone claims Jesus is not God, you seem to take offensive. Such a statement is not made for the purpose of angering you or degrading the character of Jesus, it's an opinion, not an insult ..

.. conversely, personal insults target the person, not their opinion, in an effort to anger them or debase their character and add absolutely nothing to the debate ..

.. you believe you are standing on the true word of God, some disagree. You cannot expect people to withhold their opinion because it differs from yours. That is the very nature of debate ..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#540976 May 29, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Ha......where are .....Isaiah's prophesy was concetning the Lord Jesus....
It concerned some kid named Immanuel concieved normally to a young girl.
It is not about Jesus.

You might as well claim that the Iliad is about President Obama.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540978 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>People want to challenge Christians on this billboard or any other billboard on this billboard I no have any problem with. The website is built on controversial news and opinions.
What I don't get, is the repetition and circle. Unbelievers when they challenge Christians, use the same arguments over and over and over.
Like doing the same thing over and over again they going to get a different result. You know what they call someone that keep doing that?? Insane LOL.
So that what I don't get. Again the only thing I can think of is they repeat because they think different people reading at different times??? I guess,. But you can't measure that. So the repetition by the unbelievers to me is a pointless circular waste of their time.
But is their time. So I just watch in amusement.
Of course as Christians keep on repeating the same lies, the same proof to unmask it is brought forward.

But I do not agree it is always the same, I still read new stuff, as we get to know more of Christians lies all the time.

And of course we can not expect new readers to read the whole thread so it is a good thing to repeat regularly. It is bit strange that Christians ask new arguments as they can not refute old ones. Christians think they do so by quoting their book, but that is a fallacy we like unmask.

I think you make the mistake of thinking we are actually trying to convince you. No we are not converters like Christians, trying to convert Christians to our ideas. We only want people to have a fair choice by offering them different viewpoint. It is freedom of thinking we are defending not another mind fuck. This necessary as Christians go on trying to impose their thinking on others and are continuous threat to freedom and a public mental hazard.

Christians can not understand that because they are programmed to see only their ow ideas as true and other ideas as an attack on their faith. If people want freedom to decide whether they want an abortion Christians call that pro-abortion. They can not understand that people can be personally against abortion but still want that freedom to decide for their own. They want to impose their ideas on others. Ideas that come from the ideology of the brutal Roman slave society.

No we do not want to convince Christians, we want to make sure people have access to different views than the narrow-minded one-truth vision Christians spam in the media. That is enough.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540979 May 29, 2013
Every day is a gift from Yahweh. Believe it, recieve it, and live it. There are many not so prety things in the world. But, if all one looks at are these not so pretty things, one misses all the beautiful things that surround them. Take time to look around at all the beauty that surrounds you. You will feel better for it.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540980 May 29, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I see this as circular. You have already decided that my choice represents lowering myself and compromising my ethics.
To my way of thinking, I am lowering nothing.
I think that you need to make an argument for why adjusting my behavior to the situation is unethical, or whatever it is that you are assuming, and why we should never do it.
Until I have a reason not to do so, I will continue to deal with people as they deal with me. Those that confine discussion to ideas will get only similar replies form me.
Perhaps you saw Topix poster "blind man" recently choose to interpret words of mine as deliberate lies.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I choose not to tolerate that kind of thing. As you can see in that link, I modified my treatment of him because of that comment. I will now deal with him in kind.
Can you tell me how that hurts me or my goals? If you can, I may reconsider. If you can't, on what basis would you judge me adversely? Because you wouldn't do the same and don't approve of others that would?
And if you wouldn't do what I chose to do, why not? Because somebody taught you otherwise, never gave you a reason why, and you never asked for one?
[my view]
In my view, we are defined by our actions as much as the goals we pursue.

Your view is basically the same as the Christian. You may have other goals, but your mentality is the same. This mentality is: "The goal justifies the means". Because your cause is noble (In your view!) you think you can allow unethical means.

This is the basis of Christian ethics. A Christian can do any harm to another person because in his mind his goals are the highest possible. He is bringing people to God so ordered by God, saving them from hell. If it means doing it at the point of the sword, lying, deceiving, blackmail, bribery etc. So be it.

You fight Christianity and if you become convinced enough this is a worthy cause, then insults become justified. You use the same reasoning.

In this thinking, the more noble the cause, the more dreadful means are justified. You only have to make the goal high enough. Like Hitler said, It is not that I want to kill the Jews, but we need to, to save the German people. The means justify the cause!

Real ethics is based on the right action. One should never hurt someone if:
- the goal does not justify the severity of the action
- we have not depleted all other less hurtful alternatives

the goal itself should be based on true universal values, not ideology or personal opinion. And action must be necessary, because not acting would cause greater harm. And we should have no better alternatives.

Yes we can kill a person in some instances. For instance if he is a severe immediate threat to other peoples lives, and their is no other less harmful way to prevent this. But if there is no immediate threat or other alternatives are available, or he does not really threatens the lives of others, this action is totally wrong.

Now, you are simply rationalizing, like Christians also do, to justify your own actions. But it is just that, rationalizing. You do something and then seek justification by smart reasoning.

What you should in stead have proved is why your unethical means are justified in this situation. Well they are clearly not since you can rebuke Christians without them. And neither can you show me any positive effects. It only has negative effects. Your negative behaviour reflects bad on the rest of us. It only make Christians look better if we behave like them. It gives them an apology.

Christians know that all to well and that is why they themselves dress up as anti-Christians to make those look bad. Christians are not dumb as many seem to think, they very cunning, scrupulous, they have developed strategies and tactics and have manuals for their people and train them how to operate and work as a team. They manipulate people in ways few people realize.
[/my view]

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540981 May 29, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
That's the end of us all. And it's why religions do a roaring trade IMO, because they offer people something after death.
That's what they get for their huge payout in wasted time, terror, tithes, and opportunity cost: a promise that never need be paid and cannot be verified.

And they take this promise from a nest of snakes and a book with other promises - promises that apply to THIS world, and which can be shown to be worthless.

[1] They were each promised a peace that passeth all understanding from these same people.

[2] And they were also promised the so-called gifts of the spirit: love, joy, peace, forbearance, gentleness and self-control, another obvious lie. Look at them.

[3] They were promised the ability to move mountains with as little as a mustard seed of faith, yet none of them can move a speck of dust without blowing on it.

[4] And they were promised that Jesus would return soon, another obvious failed promise.

At least Jack of beanstalk fame got magic beans. These people just get gas.
mike

AOL

#540982 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have [my]proof evidence and knowledge. That is all that matters.
What a marvelous display of, "I got nothing, except what I believe". As if what you believe can be utilized by another.

What matters is, you have the ability to believe, and apply it to yourself.
mike

AOL

#540983 May 29, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good example of understanding from an "open minded" person. Oh but for the grace of God...
Hello

Is "Grace" the best a GOD can do?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540984 May 29, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Freedom and Joy. The Essence of the Christian Walk
Freedom and joy? No.

That would your "walk" comprises submission, obedience, an inferior ethic, a false sense of love and spirituality, self-loathing, alienation in ones own world, and false hope of an eternity that you couldn't bear if you received it.

If you were actually offered a choice between eternal consciousness and sleep, and the choice was irrevocable, you would be a fool not to choose the sleep. Being trapped in a wakeful state without escape would be unbearable. You would require continuous intoxicants. You would miss sleep most of all.

And if hell was extinction rather than suffering, you would be begging for it.

Try thinking this stuff through a little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 3 min Johnny 27
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 685,471
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Bongo 24,607
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 30 min Downer 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr PrinceofDarkness 985,610
submissive women are the best for me (Nov '08) 5 hr Cher in canada 182
blue eyed girl 9 hr tishab 2
More from around the web