hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#540896 May 28, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
haha..
Our talks have been quite passionate regarding this subject.
Wasn't sure what you thought of them.
I appreciate your truthfulness..My friend.
I have my woe's and occasionally I miss the mark. My friends accept me anyway. I am blessed.
I have been busy today, so tired now. Got home from our holiday late last night.
How did you celebrate your Memorial Day?
I grilled burgers & dogs with friends, outside in the shade of an old oak ...the simple pleasures!

I hope yours was equally enjoyable.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#540897 May 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> No young man ( and I use that term loosely when applying it to you ) you are a Godless unbeliever who atthis point in your life have no inclination to be saved and therefore do not have the slightest clue of wherein you are saying, but it's alright coming from you when we consider the source.
Again, you have nothing but empty insults.
You haven't defended your argument once, leaving it hanging in the wind.

Now you're "loosely" applying a term to me when you have no idea of my age.
You sure do like to make empty claims.

Once again, how does it feel to beat on someone who isn't fighting back?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#540899 May 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not arguing kids and you are a kid.How can you be a follower of Christ if you reject the teachings of the OT? Jesus ate,sleeped and breathed the OT. How can he be god when he lived under the commandments from God giving to Moses? Not to forget Jesus was a jew not christian. Because christians worship Jesus rather than the creator which Jesus never did. Jesus worshiped god the LORD like Moses David Eliah did. Jesus never said worship me or take me as your god. Jesus said your god and my god are one god.Where are your logics and where are your morals?
Ha......where are yours?.........Isaiah's prophesy was concetning the Lord Jesus in that scripture, and if I am a kid in the Lord, then you very apparently are not even a babe in the Lord because you do not believe on Jesus as he is, you see it is one thing to believe that Lord Jesus was a migthy Prophet, but it is another thing to believe on him for who he really is, the mighty God and the Lord of our salvation, upon whom there is none other name whereby we must be saved through the sacrifice of the shedding of his blood.

Jesus also did not breathe sleep and eat the OT laws because he said himself that he was the fulfillment of the law, he even came under fire from the religious hypocrites of his time on earth for healing people on the sabbath day as he said..........man was not made for thr sabbath, but the sabbath for man..........we fon't kill bullocks, ra ms and goats now to atone for our sins because the death burial and resurr ed ction if Jesus Christ paid it all for us.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#540900 May 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Just read Matthew 28:19 and see if you are able to discern it.
Discern this.

After the Council of Nicea in 312, any and all "heretical"<(non- trinitarian)>versions of the bible and other "heresies" were collected and altered, destroyed or burned. Due to that, the world can never know for certain just what the "original" books were, or what they contained.

As far as Matthew 29:19 is concerned...

We can look at Eusebius' writings before the CON(Council of Nicea) and notice that he often referred to 28:19, and used this wording; “Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name.” He used that wording - around 18 times - before the CON(Council of Nicea).

Eusebius obviously valued his life...

After the CON(Council of Nicea), Eusebius referenced the form that is used today(If I recall correctly, once).

At Nicea, Constantine had roughly 300 versions of the Bible burned.

Gone.

Any version not approved was obliterated and sects or practitioners of other doctrines were pursued to eliminate any "stragglers" left. It goes to reason that the only version of any writing concerning the bible(commentaries etc.), and the bible itself advocated the Nicean decree or view of the "trinity".

That pretty much ensured only Pauline Christianity was left standing. This is the Roman Empire we're talking about here, they were thorough and methodical in all they did. After the CON(Council of Nicea), you can't forget that the Empire, and later, the Catholic church, endeavored over the following -*<centuries>*- to completely eliminate any variances contrary to official doctrine. Let's be clear, for at least 1000 years, the doctrine you now think is original, unique and "just like it was when it happened" was created, honed and installed. That "1000 years" is conservative number, too.

A short list(by no means, all) of some of those other Christian doctrines/beliefs, and what is known of these are sketchy in large measure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...

You're looking at your doctrine from a fully developed standpoint, 1700 years after it was instituted. It seems to you as if it can and could have only been as you know it to be, now, but it is a fabricated and constructed belief.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia.
"The formulation ‘one G-d in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith. Prior to the end of the 4th century among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective." - New Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. 14

The standard across the board response to any mention of Trinitarianism being nothing more than a gussied up form of polytheism goes something like this:

"Christianity is not polytheistic! It is three in one!"

You really don't get just how ridiculous that looks and sounds.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540901 May 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
Jesus ate slept and breathed the OT. Jesus also said you should follow each and every law. Think not I came to abolish the laws of Moses (the prophets)I came not to abolish them but to fullfil.
Jesus never said that we should follow each and every law, if that were the case then that means we would also have to practice an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but here is what he had to say about it........

Matthew 5: 38-39
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also

Do you practice this?.........it doesn't necessarily pertains to a physical blow so much as not retailiating against anyone for a wrong that they have done to you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540902 May 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> sounds accurate. Jesus said something on the order of this , you must hate your life to gain your life'
To me, those are empty words, and potentially damaging if one takes "hate" a little too literally. I can only make sense of it if I translate it, "If you cling too tightly to survival and take no risks, you lose too much."

What does that mean to you as a Christian - practically speaking, that is? How should a Christian hate his life? What kinds of things does one do when he hates his life as a Christian that a non-Christian wouldn't do?

What I think that you might see if you look at that closely is that it really doesn't mean anything at all.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540903 May 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Discern this.
After the Council of Nicea in 312, any and all "heretical"<(non- trinitarian)>versions of the bible and other "heresies" were collected and altered, destroyed or burned. Due to that, the world can never know for certain just what the "original" books were, or what they contained.
As far as Matthew 29:19 is concerned...
We can look at Eusebius' writings before the CON(Council of Nicea) and notice that he often referred to 28:19, and used this wording; “Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name.” He used that wording - around 18 times - before the CON(Council of Nicea).
Eusebius obviously valued his life...
After the CON(Council of Nicea), Eusebius referenced the form that is used today(If I recall correctly, once).
At Nicea, Constantine had roughly 300 versions of the Bible burned.
Gone.
Any version not approved was obliterated and sects or practitioners of other doctrines were pursued to eliminate any "stragglers" left. It goes to reason that the only version of any writing concerning the bible(commentaries etc.), and the bible itself advocated the Nicean decree or view of the "trinity".
That pretty much ensured only Pauline Christianity was left standing. This is the Roman Empire we're talking about here, they were thorough and methodical in all they did. After the CON(Council of Nicea), you can't forget that the Empire, and later, the Catholic church, endeavored over the following -*<centuries>*- to completely eliminate any variances contrary to official doctrine. Let's be clear, for at least 1000 years, the doctrine you now think is original, unique and "just like it was when it happened" was created, honed and installed. That "1000 years" is conservative number, too.
A short list(by no means, all) of some of those other Christian doctrines/beliefs, and what is known of these are sketchy in large measure.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...
You're looking at your doctrine from a fully developed standpoint, 1700 years after it was instituted. It seems to you as if it can and could have only been as you know it to be, now, but it is a fabricated and constructed belief.
From the Catholic Encyclopedia.
"The formulation ‘one G-d in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith. Prior to the end of the 4th century among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective." - New Catholic Encyclopedia, Vol. 14
The standard across the board response to any mention of Trinitarianism being nothing more than a gussied up form of polytheism goes something like this:
"Christianity is not polytheistic! It is three in one!"
You really don't get just how ridiculous that looks and sounds.
Feel free to spend that "historic" anyway you like, but those of us who believe know that God got his Word and truth over to his people.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540904 May 28, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
BEACAUSE preaching like yours guys is not preaching or witnessing about GODS LOVE GOSPEL
only insults,mocking, and disquisting attacks againt thos who doesn't know God like all of you.
this is reason of anger against those who claim to know God and serve Him.
but conspire murderous attacks and insults against all those who came here to find all answers to their doubts
you are not servants of God,you never are obey Gods Word Agape Love,never listen warning from God Rev 18;4-5
you guys are pseudo believers just left behind serving man doctrines instead God and whole Gods Word
look at prophets,isaiah,Jeremiah etc....
How they acted against false prophets and worshipers of Bal-satan
same way you act to those who doesn't know God and His Purpose
you are worse from homosexuals,and atheists,
and they are first to receive Gods Grace, because all of you just dumped to the mud Gods Grace
Trifecta 1
try to teach others in the Agape Love and Gospel of Good news spoken and witness given about Kingdom of God to all masses,regardless what morality, or orientation
God take care them,not you and all of those fake christian haters, and warmongers pigs predending to serve G-D Yahveh
Shrink, you can't make any writer here write like you want them to write.

The only thing you can do is not like how they write.

So don't make any sense you try and rebuke anybody for they writings. We all grown adults responsible for how we write here on this billboard.

So you write, and don't worry about how another write, because you can't do anything about it.

When you write, remember the serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Keep in mind what you cannot change, and you will be a much happier writer, when you write.

Fennario

#540905 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
you advocate harm, whether physical or not; others and I advocated preventing harm.
Counter_Strike wrote:
Am I to believe that you're not taking the olive branch nice and pleasant?
I think that he's telling you that your offer of an olive branch is insincere - that he doesn't like being poked in the eye with it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540906 May 28, 2013
Well I 'm calling it a night for now, sorry for any posts that I missed addressed to me and I'll go the rounds with you unbrlurvers tomorrow on the Bible truth behind the Godhead.

I will say to IRRIRA that I haven 't ignored your post to me intentionally, and I hope you are having a Blessed day right now with God's peace that surpasses all understanding.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540907 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh-heh....
I must admit, Ms. Happy tries and for a while there it seemed as if Catcher forgot who he was and started to reason things out. BT doesn't really care for the useless arguments, he's more into substantive information. The rest of these people seem to have a lot of time on their hands. they don't come to learn anything or teach anything. They act surprised when they come into a religious thread and not see the red carpet rolled out for them. Why is that so?
Why do people believe that the things they love and the things they do are bigger than everyone else and what they believe? If it isn't in the persuit of truth, wisdom, higher knowledge and greater understanding, what are the foundations that they build their beliefs and practices on? Who holds them accountable? The fact is, any law not agreeing with the way they want it is bigotted. Not all gay people flaunt their beliefs and behavior in people's faces. that's disrespectful, and when it's handed back, there's a problem.
Who in their right minds would go to a religious thread, disrespect people's beliefs and try to establish something completely contrary? Are these Julius Caeser type seige tactics? I'm here trying not to get ugly, but if I do, I will choose one and not relent. I pray it doesn't need to come to that.
Shalom.
Andrew (CS).
I know this post wasn't to me Cs. But you are correct in your assumption about me. I'm not here to "bash" anyone's religion. I'm here to glean information and share information. Whether it us accepted or not, I can't determine how that is assimilated. All I can hope for is that it is accepted in the light that it is given, Often it is not. Emotion is a poor communicator, and often serves to divide rather than to foster understanding. I know that you understand exactly what I am saying.
More often than not, I have much to contribute, but hold back because I would rather not become involved in RIPRAP.
Although I am not Christian or Jewish, I find I am much more knowledgeable than the people who are, and could actually enlighten them. However, when they are acting like vipers in their discussions, I refrain...not really my problem enough to be bitten and abused for contributing....so the info just go's down the rathole, because I just feel it isn't even worth the effort.
Anyway---I just wanted to say thanks for the honest evaluation of character CS.
I appreciate it...whether anyone else does or not. Thanks...

Fennario

#540908 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
Don't worry fella, your time at the top of the mountain will be short lived. Enjoy it while it lasts.
CS.
Are you shaking Scary Chicken at him? Oogah boogah! Arise, chicken!

This is the cry of the impotent and defeated - "My god's gonna beat you up - uh, later. You'll see - uh, when you're dead'

You people are ridiculous. Your god is even weaker than you are. We're grown adults. Go to a schoolyard and shake your chicken at the kids. See who you can terrify there.

Fennario

#540909 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
If me telling the truth is insultive to you then that's just too darned bad bub.
I'm glad that you feel that way.

Arise, chicken! Chicken arise!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540910 May 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
this topic "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" is of course a challenge as it pretends that Jesus would actually exist, which lots of people want to contend. it also pretends Jesus has something to do with love, which is even a bigger lie. By making this bold statement publicly you invite people to react and disprove such claims
What is less rational is why a topic like "Why I’m no longer a Christian" ( http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD... ) is completely overrun by Christians who try to prevent people from discussing why they left Christianity.
It tells us that Christianity still tries to dominate the media to sell her oppressive ideas and I understand that a growing number op people take offence of that. Like they take offence of their attacks on people of different race, conviction, and sexual preference.
Of course these protesters are abused and insulted by Christians, but they bravely go on giving people honest and accurate information to unmask the lies of Christianity, while remaining as civil as they can.
People want to challenge Christians on this billboard or any other billboard on this billboard I no have any problem with. The website is built on controversial news and opinions.

What I don't get, is the repetition and circle. Unbelievers when they challenge Christians, use the same arguments over and over and over.

Like doing the same thing over and over again they going to get a different result. You know what they call someone that keep doing that?? Insane LOL.

So that what I don't get. Again the only thing I can think of is they repeat because they think different people reading at different times??? I guess,. But you can't measure that. So the repetition by the unbelievers to me is a pointless circular waste of their time.

But is their time. So I just watch in amusement.

Fennario

#540912 May 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
Sorry I do not agree to this. We should never lower ourselves in this way. Your examples are not convincing because we can adapt to these people without lowering our ethics.
I see this as circular. You have already decided that my choice represents lowering myself and compromising my ethics.

To my way of thinking, I am lowering nothing.

I think that you need to make an argument for why adjusting my behavior to the situation is unethical, or whatever it is that you are assuming, and why we should never do it.

Until I have a reason not to do so, I will continue to deal with people as they deal with me. Those that confine discussion to ideas will get only similar replies form me.

Perhaps you saw Topix poster "blind man" recently choose to interpret words of mine as deliberate lies.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

I choose not to tolerate that kind of thing. As you can see in that link, I modified my treatment of him because of that comment. I will now deal with him in kind.

Can you tell me how that hurts me or my goals? If you can, I may reconsider. If you can't, on what basis would you judge me adversely? Because you wouldn't do the same and don't approve of others that would?

And if you wouldn't do what I chose to do, why not? Because somebody taught you otherwise, never gave you a reason why, and you never asked for one?

Location hidden

#540913 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. these are indeed the times we're living in Adam.
When you look at Shrink and how he flip flops, and the startling ammount of hate he has for almost any and everyone, and the repetitive filth he slings every day to anyone that says something he disagrees with, and his graphic vulgarity shows you the confusion and the free for all this place has become and this world is fast becoming. It is already mostly confused.
Filth is maintained and upheld, but no one wants to discuss anything that gives people time to think and study. Watered down education, watered down society, watered down values, watered down morals.
Poor all around. Sad but true.
Andrew (CS).
Dr, Shrink is actually quite intelligent if you look closely. He is also very straightlined in his beliefs.
It may appear he is flip flopping, but he is just reevaluating his decisions about people that post. He wants to be kind to folks, but his beliefs wont let him. I understand that, I used to be much the same. The language barrier doesn't help.

Fennario

#540914 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
I never thought I would see the day you [Dr. Shrink] side with the homosexuals in calling other people immoral and wicked. LOL x 99 I suppose you can't take your meds when you're in a straight jacket, and you can't type either, so who types this garbage for you? Now you and Lacez are best buddies. How touching.
Jesus I hate this religion. It really can't die fast enough.

Location hidden

#540915 May 28, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
How is trying to have a conversation with HFN being an a-hole Wasup? Is it that I disagree with her? Or am I being an a-hole simply because I disagree with a Christian?
Did I call her names? Did I call her an a-hole such as what you called me?
Uh OH !! YOU musta deflected the boy's advances or not wanted ta discuss "pubic hair" in "pubic" huh?
Asswup's like that y'know...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540916 May 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja no fine. You want to make it a cut and dried issue writer you can't get any more than this...
[ I think I'm going to repeat what I posted to Lawest here...]
Why not...
… any who choose not to believe don't need Jesus, as equally as those who do believe and depend on him. Any who can no longer 'hear' the Word, will never... that... is the timeline which has been crossed in Spirit and in Truth, and not a soul on earth can change it. It is where heaven and become separated, and any impurity will not survive...
“He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.” Rev 22:11-17
It is easy to say the battle belongs to the Lord, but not to let go and let God. It is the sacrifice in turn we make for Him... and live... to witness.
But you must let go and let God. If a Jesus Follower can't do that, then they are playing God and will have a very frustrating Christian Walk.

It's not hard for me at all. It very simple. The Christian walk is a [personal] walk with Jesus Christ. Personal. One on One. Two Entity. YHWH and the Jesus Follower. Period Full Stop.

I think one of the things that give me the most Joy worshiping Jesus Christ, is knowing I'm not responsible for no other soul, but mine.

Now that, is Freedom. So it should not be hard for you Jesus Follower to let go and let God. After you deliver the Gospel, hands off. It's now up to YHWH :)

Fennario

#540917 May 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
You've long called me a bigot, but then you say we should live a healthy life. What's healthy about the gay lifestyle?
Racism is more than just a moral issue, it is anti-human and it is placing one color above the others. Homosexuality is strictly a moral issue. If a gay painter is teh best painter in teh world he deserves his props as a painter. Please don't blur the lines between the two.
CS.
There is no difference at all for hating a man because he is emotionally and sexually attracted to his own gender than there is in hating him for his skin color. You - a black man - deserve to be treated with the same bigotry that you offer others. I won't do it, but you deserve it.

Are you aware that until 1978, the Mormons officially considered black people scum? Now, they no longer admit to it.

Do you know what the curse of Ham is? Many white Christians consider you an abomination, cursed by their god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min X Pendable 183,192
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min ROCCO 64,316
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Teller 106,580
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crucifiedguy 281,925
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 497
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Steve III 45,259
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve III 654,272
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 973,912
More from around the web