“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#540611 May 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
Lawlest worships a false idol, Jesus.
He is not worshipping the right god, your god!

Burn him at the stake!

(This bickering over fantasy is ridiculous)

Montreal

#540612 May 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Are you familiar with this one?

Lucas Ep. V

"I am your father"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =g1fIH6GMIJgXX
I love you Alice AKA River.

Montreal

#540613 May 28, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a Gandhi mentality...
Why thank you, that's an immense compliment!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540614 May 28, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I don’t know how else to say it. We are to obey God.:)
How about the usual: bla bla bla flap flap flap

Your god says for you to put your finger in your nose.

Montreal

#540615 May 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>So when you say that God kills those people in Revelation it's actually Jesus who is doing the killing.

Sounds like killings sanctioned by Jesus to me.

Yet you lie and say that Jesus does not sanction killing.

You're all over the place on this.
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>No sir, your spiritual understanding is stalled, or more to the point not there at all and obviously never was, like I pointed out before.........God is not willing that any man perish but that every man comes unto repentance, however since this is not going to happen he has an appointed day that he will deal with all injustices and those who have committed them.
You see the nonsense he comes up with after you speak a logical thought?
If Jesus is his god, then Jesus killed many and condoned a hell of a lot of death.

It's the easiest logic to apply, that if you say something, it means what you've said and doesn't have any exceptions.
If it is a definitive response with 100% dominance, then it has no exceptions.

Lawlest is not a rational minded being though. Ratiocination is not a word in his dictionary, neither is logic.
Any reason, logic, or rational thinking applied to his words is met by a mordacious comeback.

Montreal

#540616 May 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>How about the usual: bla bla bla flap flap flap

Your god says for you to put your finger in your nose.
I love it, you treat others with the same mentality as they treat you with.
He acts like a baby, you mimic his attitude to reply.

If met with caustic retorts, you return them in full.

If met with civil discussion, you participate accordingly.

I know I've said this before, but I like your style.
Rosa Winkel

Surry Hills, Australia

#540617 May 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying that Muslims are even more bigoted, hateful and prejudiced than Christians?
Yeah, it could be a case of out of the frying pan, into the fire.
:-(

Fennario

#540618 May 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
Christianity calls itself a religion of hope, but it kills all hope for a better life in this world and leaves them with an empty promise of a better afterlife. But if people are desperate they grab that last straw.

Best of all, the cynical leaders pardon themselves by the forgiveness thing, and demand from their sheep to do the same whenever they are caught acting in violation. It is all so devious. It is a psychopaths dream, and history has shown that time and again.

Another smart thing is getting new converts out of the gutter, drug addicts, criminals. They have low ethics and want to believe anything not to go back to the gutter. And their ethics is so low they will not notice how inhumane it all is what Jesus preaches.

All they can cry is: I am saved!
Good post. Not much has changed today. The nihilism and despair for the world is still going strong.

Here For Now wrote: "The end is closer. But that just means that the fight will be over all the sooner."

The slave ethics that can be summed up in one word - submission - are still in effect. This poster combines the pessimism with the submissiveness in one line:

Here For Now wrote: "Christians are not to Conform to the world but to try and obey God."

As for addicts and criminals - well - our thread felon and drug addict isn't here to speak for himself, but you're right there, too. The pickings are better on Skid Row and Death Row than they are on Restaurant Row.

Fennario

#540619 May 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
being an unbeliever does NOT give you the gift of discernment.
Au contraire.

Being literate and reading without bias give me the gift of discernment.

You, on the other hand, have a sever confirmation bias that causes you to transform whatever you read into what you want it to say. You, the believer, are the one lacking the gift of discernment.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#540620 May 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, Playboy didn't show sex but they did show hair pie. Maybe it's Hustler that I'm thinking of.

It WAS the 80's.....
They didn't even show hair for a time. Now they show shaved and in all its glory.

Playboy has been a big advocate of the first amendment in that regard.

Fennario

#540621 May 28, 2013
LoveHealsAll wrote:
We are a spirit, we live in a fleshly human body, we have a soul. God sent his son Jesus to perform miracles. This is quite simple.
Thank you for sharing your mythology.

Fennario

#540622 May 28, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
And NASCAR.
Wouldn't wanna forget that.
The trinity, pro wrestling, and NASCAR.
And Moon Pies.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#540623 May 28, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Belly button shots are on me.
Literally.
eeeewwww

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#540624 May 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Not correct my friend, belief IN the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus is the only path to salvation and spending eternity with God....
When did Jesus say this ?

Please post verses.

Fennario

#540625 May 28, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
You can't use the scriptures against itself Shrink.
You can hardly find one that isn't contradicted by another somewhere else:

[1] Man is saved by faith, not works ("For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works." - Ephesians 2:8-9)
[2] Except when he is ("Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." - James 2:24)
==========
[1] Man can be righteous (Genesis 7:1, Job 2:3, James 5:16)
[2] Man can't be righteous (Romans 3:10)
==========
[1] Men have seen God ("So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared." - Genesis 32:30)
[2] And also, no man has seen God ("No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." - John 1:18)
==========
[1] Honor thy father and mother.- Exodus 20:12
[2] If any man come to me, and hate not his father and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.- Luke 14:26
=========
Jesus' final utterance
[1]“When he had received the drink, Jesus said,“It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." - John 19:30
[2]“Jesus called out with a loud voice,“Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last." - Luke 23:46
[3]“About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice,“Eloi, Eloi, a lama sabachthani?” which means,“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”- Matthew 27:46
=========
[1] Every word of god is true (Proverbs 30:5)
[2] God deceives prophets (1 Kings 22:23) and the wicked (2 Thess. 2:11-12)
=========
Jesus to the Sanhedrin when asked if he was the messiah
[1] "I am" (Mark 14:62)
[2] "You have said so" (Matthew 26:64)
[3] "If I tell you, you will not believe" (Luke 22:67-8)

Your present dispute is no different. Some of you produce scriptures identifying Jehovah and Jesus as one, some find contradictory scriptures saying they are distinct. Your bible allows you to create whatever theology you like, just as long as you submit.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#540626 May 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. Christians are already now dying for Christ. Muslims are already dying for Mohammed. And Gays are already being killed for their right to be Gay.

All I'm saying is, it's going to get worse for all three groups. A lot worse.

I would never advocate murdering anyone. Jesus Christ would not murder a Gay or a Muslim just because He disagreed with them. But Jesus surely would not bite His tongue about the sinfulness of their belief and practice.
Your Jesus would be so proud of you.

Fennario

#540627 May 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was convinced that upon death I would continue to 'live' in eternal bliss, I would would do everything in my power to get there as quickly as possible.
It is this reason that I do not believe a single one who claims such "belief/faith".
"Every christian who tries to escape the path of a speeding bullet with fear in his eye is an example of a "foxhole conversion" to atheism and proves they don't really believe in a heavenly paradise in the hereafter. There are a hell of a lot more of those conversions than there are of atheists to christians." - Darrell Plank

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#540628 May 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Could ya just see the archaeologists in 2000 years stand'n there scratch'n their heads!
Barbee Dol, Goddess of Crustaceans!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#540629 May 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.

I neither stifle abortion or gay marriage either. But I will certainly use my right to voice my disapproval.
You have the right to remain stupid.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#540630 May 28, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>love thy neighbor does not mean calling evil good. Same sex marriages and same sex activities, are evil.
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 589,196
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 836,692
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 min FuckDaPolis 42
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min waaasssuuup 4,030
Akatlar ( BOSCH SERVICES ) ( 342 00 24 ) BOSCH ... 27 min natcansr 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min WasteWater 5,878
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min WasteWater 271,237
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 176,743
More from around the web