“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#540536 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
You see GOD was manifested in the flesh and did these things, and before anyone can say that God manifests himself through the flesh of those he uses to preach through and uses to heal people, notice that the last part of that scripture says RECEIVED UP INTO GLORY..........so this IS talking about Jesus who was GOD in the the flesh as well as the Son also, both Father and Son, God and Man, Human and Devine. The problem that so many have in seeing this is that God made himself a human body in the womb of Mary and brought Salvation alone hy himself, the flesh often prayed to the spirit within, and one has to be truly be Blessed of God to see and understand this as the verse said that GREAT IS THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS. Peace.
You do know it's the Hellenization of early Christianity, IE: Greek influence,that the intermingling and the necessity of - "spirit and flesh" - within Christinanity originated. The concept of "the flesh"(and that flesh or literal body being immortal or being reintegrated after death) was a very important component of those outside influences. It made the religion appealing to various cults and preexisting Greek and Roman religious beliefs. That's also one of the reasons the early Gnostic/Docetic Christian cults were all but obliterated.

Every time I hear "the flesh" mentioned within Christian context, I sorta chuckle.

At that moment Christinanity might as well be talking about any number of Greek deity/religious/pagan beliefs.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#540539 May 27, 2013
LoveHealsAll wrote:
We have the Holy Spirit, God, Jesus. The Trinity
And pro wrestling.

Don't forget pro wrestling.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#540540 May 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
And Jerry Falwell was an assclown.
What do you folks think?

Did Falwell qualify for heaven?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#540542 May 27, 2013
And NASCAR.

Wouldn't wanna forget that.

The trinity, pro wrestling, and NASCAR.

United States

#540543 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You keep saying shit like "hit, strike, abuse, smack, beat..."
You're being absurd.
It's a wee pat on the bottom.
Leave it alone, you little beeotch.
Nobody should ever lay a hand on a baby.

You said repeatedly, and not just on this thread, that you spanked a six-month-old as discipline.

That is barbaric.

United States

#540545 May 27, 2013
LoveHealsAll wrote:
Love Heals all , God is great . Nice to see a positive thread.
Even better is The Holy Church of Catcher.

No gods, but a happy hour you wouldn't believe.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#540547 May 27, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
why you don't quote Jesus words 'My Father is greater then I "
you quote only passages fiting your man made doctrines at same time violate rev 22;18-19
do you know basic koine language and spiritual meaning of Jesus sayings,
or rather you trust scribes of King James gay Version?
Are you familiar with this scripture Shrink.........

John 10:30
I and my Father are one

You can't use the scriptures against itself Shrink.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#540548 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it is because they are not in a hurry to give up their body. They have had it all their lives. You may have heard the saying, Im ready to go but Im not packing my bags.
Ask them.
If I was convinced that upon death I would continue to 'live' in eternal bliss, I would would do everything in my power to get there as quickly as possible.

It is this reason that I do not believe a single one who claims such "belief/faith".

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540549 May 27, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know it's the Hellenization of early Christianity, IE: Greek influence,that the intermingling and the necessity of - "spirit and flesh" - within Christinanity originated. The concept of "the flesh"(and that flesh or literal body being immortal or being reintegrated after death) was a very important component of those outside influences. It made the religion appealing to various cults and preexisting Greek and Roman religious beliefs. That's also one of the reasons the early Gnostic/Docetic Christian cults were all but obliterated.
Every time I hear "the flesh" mentioned within Christian context, I sorta chuckle.
At that moment Christinanity might as well be talking about any number of Greek deity/religious/pagan beliefs.
Given that you are an unbeliever with an unBlessed ming Scar I'm sorry to say that your input on this subject have no credibility here.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#540550 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
(John 8:29)"The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."
(John 4:34)My food, said Jesus,is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work."
(John 8:46)Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?"
(John 6:29)The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
(Luke 10:16)He who rejects me rejects him who sent me."
John 8:42 If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me."
Ah yes! "John" the proven blasphemer, fraud and liar along with a snipet from the anynomous collection of admitted second hand tales known as "Luke/Acts".

<face palm>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#540552 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Given that you are an unbeliever with an unBlessed ming Scar I'm sorry to say that your input on this subject have no credibility here.
Scar is able to make a rational arguement to support his case.
You seem only able to make grunting noises lately. Sad. You used to make a bit of sense.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540555 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean that you dont believe in the real Jesus Christ.
Sure I do, I am saved by my belief IN Christ and who he really is, but let me ask YOU my friend, whom do YOU believe Jesus Christ to really be?.........do you believe that he is God almighty ( apparently not ) do you at least believe that he is the child born and the son given and the only begotten of the father, the only ONE and TRUE way to God in whose name there is no other name given among men under heaven whereby we may be saved, do you believe these things?.........or as an Islamist you believe instead that he was a Prophet ONLY?

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#540556 May 27, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you
I did study long time my grandam greek peasant language,
and know that ancient koine have flesh meanings or spiritual meanings dependent what context were spoken those words
Nowhere in Bible is claim that Jesus was or is G-D YAHVEH EL SHADDAI-ANCIENT OF THE DAYS,
JOHN 1;1 in greek old language doesn't have small alphabet letters,
but point to GOD ALMIGHTY[THE THEOS) and mighty god( hebrew El Gibbor,or theos)
it doesn't prove claim of L100,
IT ALSO DOESN'T DESCRIBE TRINITY NOWHERE AT BIBLE
L100 DOESN'T WORSHIP GOD ACCORDING TO GODS WORD,
HE WORSHIP GOD ACCORDING TO HIS CHURCH DOCTRINES CLAIM GREAT MISTERY,and at same time bambling what this Great Mistery is?
doctrines of christianity are pagan doctrines and devil teachings deceiving humans from Gods teaching past 2000 years
I tend to agree with *almost* everything you say above, dr Shrink.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#540558 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Given that you are an unbeliever with an unBlessed ming Scar I'm sorry to say that your input on this subject have no credibility here.
Given that you suffer from extreme confirmation bias with a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance, your response is to be expected.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540559 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
@LAWEST100
Jesus never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus in the Gospel of Mathew:
"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be I'mcalled great in the kingdom of heaven."
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." [Mathew 5:17-20]
Still not enough?
Sorry but nope, the Bible says that Christ is the end and the fulfillment of the law, and also lets us know that 'when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away with'........we no longer have to offer more up animal sacrifies as atonements for our sins, Jesus Christ IS the ultimate sacrifice and his death, burial and resurrection paid it all for our salvation.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#540560 May 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
What do you folks think?
Did Falwell qualify for heaven?
BAD CREDIT?

NO CREDIT?

NO PROBLEM!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540561 May 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better is The Holy Church of Catcher.
No gods, but a happy hour you wouldn't believe.
The Belly button shots are on me.

Literally.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540563 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you familiar with this scripture Shrink.........
John 10:30
I and my Father are one
You can't use the scriptures against itself Shrink.
Are you familiar with this one?

Lucas Ep. V

"I am your father"

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540569 May 27, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure
I am more involve with Scripture from you and your spent time listening lies of your church
if you are smart post us passage where Jesus said
"My Father is greater than I"
Are you familiar with basic greek NT LANGUAGE??
Ironic post, I am Blessed to be where the truth is being preached in it's fullness, you tend to think that the truth is not out there anywhere to be found, but if your heart is honest and sincere God would otherwise draw you into where his truth Word is being preached in all fullness and non restrait, not any punches being pulled ( figutively speaking ) and not at all sugar coated, whatever you think that you know about scripture, is obviously not embedded in your heart, you curse people out and often with vulgar language description, as believers we are not perfect and we occasionally have our weak moments where we all have to repent from certain things that we have to someone, but is a constant on going thing with yourself, and it is evidenced by your obvious absence from being where the Word is taught in it's fullness.

To break it down to you like this Shrink..........the Word preached is food for our inner man to grow on and develope IN Christ Jesus to become stronget IN him, just as natural food is to nourish the physical body, and so we are more at peace IN God if we take heed to the things that we have heard preached, it is interesting that right now both you and Adam are the one's that I am in debate with over the true nature of the Lord Jesus, and yet the two of you hate one another with a passion, that is not the spirit of Christ in the least. I hope that both of you will take what I have written with some seriously.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#540570 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You they were all used at some point in time in the region.
Aramaic was the tongue of area of the Galileans in Jesus day, and there were several dialects. Most of the time, those dialects are all under the umbrella of Aramaic when talked about today...until it comes to the scholars who have to translate or transcribe it.
Despite dialects, we have several in USA English alone, the main languages of the 1st century Judean marketplace and politics were Latin, Greek, Egyptian, Hebrew, Aramaic and to a lesser extent languages of the Persian Empire.

Greek as well as Latin were the languages of Roman Elite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min June VanDerMark 541,883
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min curiouslu 738,091
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min duststorm 441,330
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min onemale 258,993
What kind of planes REALLY flew into the twin t... 56 min Doctor REALITY 4
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr bacon hater 95,357
I'm voting for Joe Biden 1 hr andet1987 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 173,616
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 18 hr lili 148
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE