Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very good post and very true.
I donít know how else to say it. We are to obey God.:)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>It's interesting, but not something I overly care about. Those youths have the choice to embrace of reject Christ. They reject, they bear the consequences, not me.
You tell me more youths are are having more out of wedlock babies, then I would certainly care about that because that means more of my tax dollars are going to welfare. That has consequences for me.
They are part of the troubling fact that of the 59,979 live births in Alabama last year, 42 percent were born to unwed mothers. Of those, 12.4 percent were born to women under 19.

History tells us that a difficult future awaits those children.

Were it not bad enough that Alabama ranks so low in many factors that give children a chance ó such as health care and education ó the fact that those children are starting out in a home without a father spells trouble.

A distinct possibility is that most of these mothers, even the younger ones, might have the ability and the support groups to give their babies the love and care they need. Yet, statistics show that children beginning life in a single-parent home have a strike, sometimes two strikes, against them from the start.

State government can only do so much to prevent births to unmarried mothers. State-sponsored sex-education classes and available birth control have proven effective in other regions, but strong religious opposition to this has kept such programs small in the state.ďAbstinence-onlyĒ programs have succeeded only on a limited basis.

Read more: Anniston Star - Our troubling statistics Alabamaís rate of unwed mothers is cause for alarm
http://www.annistonstar.com/view/full_story/1...
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. So sorry, you're a she.
bla blu blee blee bla bla boop blip bleep.
LOL
Grace Walker

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The message seems ambiguous.
On one hand you say the old law is fulfilled (ended) and on the other you say that the old law still applies.
Yet there appears to be no end of believers who continue quoting from the OT as if its laws do apply.
What Christians need to do is to first reach a common consensus among themselves. However, I see little chance of that happening.
Hi Khatru,
I am going to try to explain the differences in the 2 covenants in layman terms. First we will call the covenants a " contract" because that is what a covenant is.
Now, Lets say that you and I had a "contract" with the bank. We owed a huge debt and someone decided to come along and Pay that debt for us. You accepted his offer, however, I didn't trust him and refused to accept his offer. The " contract" is still in effect for me, ONLY because I didn't accept his offer to pay my debt for me. The bank still holds me reliable to repay my debt and the law still holds for me but it is void for you. Your was Pardoned and Paid in full. You were set free from the debt you owed.

The Old Covenant or contract was between Man and God..God laid down the Law to show people that they could NOT hold up to their end of the bargain....and of course they did not. The only one that could VOID the contract was the ONE who made the contract..God.. And He did when He came up with a New contract with Jesus..Jesus was too pay the debt by " Fulfilling" the requirements of the Law that Man couldn't do HOWEVER, If someone doesn't accept His offer, The Law is still in effect for THEM. This also includes believers who still continue to Stay under the Old Covenant OF Law.

The bible tells us to Mature in Christ. Consider an adult who goes back to his parents house. The rules you had as a child no longer pertains to you as an adult child However, As an adult, You STILL honor your parents rules and do as they say. You don't break all the rules just because it doesn't pertain to you anymore. You obey your parents out of Love and respect...Same way we do when we understand the difference between the covenants and understand that we are not Judged under the Old Covenant Laws even if they are still in effect for those who refused to accept the free gift that was paid on our behalf. It would be a slap in the face for the One who paid the debt and people reject the offer but it happens.....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
For those of you that remember TREBOR....He lost his 5 year old grandson last night to kidney disease....Please keep his family in prayer
Thank you for letting us know Epiphany. I will.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>By the time the Muslims get done with these Gays, they going to be begging for how Christians treat them, LOL.
"After Hitler gets done with them Jews, they will begging for how the KKK treated them."

<face palm>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospels may have Matthew. Mark, Luke & John's names attached to them but that doesn't mean they wrote them....
No sane biblical scholar on the planet believes that anything in the Bible (except a few of Paul's letters) are anything but anonymous texts.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do live among them. Is there anything that you aren't afraid of?
Then how you could say we are the same I donít know. But what ever.

Yes there is, but I donít think you really wanted to know.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say the body lives after death. I have and do say that the body dies but the Spirit, the real you, lives on and does not die.
Then why do Christians cling to their mortal shells so desperately ?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I am missing
- unethical
- dishonest
- deceitful
- two-faced
- unloving
- unfeeling
- hateful
- masochistic
- self-righteous
- power hungry
- fearful
- fear demanding
- bullying
- blackmailing
- misusing powers
- delusional
- irrational
- personality disorder
- plain silly
Jesus is the archetype of the monumental ego. He is made after the god-size ego of Roman emperors, who were mostly psychopaths.
Therefore like the emperor he decides over life and death, thumps up and thumbs down. he talks in a condescending way. His ego can not stand rejection and becomes wrathful. He is extremely jealous. He wants to be worshipped or else. He wants to be loved by his subjects above anyone else. Everything should be sacrificed to his monumental ego.
He can best be compared with recent leaders like Kim Il Jong. This shows the same personality worship. We see the same division in pastors (ideology teachers) and flock. No wonder, Kim Il Jung was an Evangelical Pastor like his father and mother.
The big ego wants everyone to bend for him or feel his wrath. People may only live by their consent, their mercy. When they die, the whole world must cry. Everything they do is presented as bigger than life, and they imagine that everyone will cry rivers of tears when they die. http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Jesus is even jealous of the love people have for their parents and children:
M a t t h e w 1 0
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth:
I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother, and
the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a manís foes [shall][be] they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is
not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or
daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth
after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that
loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
I Would call that the thinking of a psychopath. But a psychopath of course would disagree with me. He would call it "love for God". This is God in the mind of the Psychopath. The psychopath will only bend for a bigger psychopath that strikes more fear.
What we miss from Jesus is real love, real compassion. We only see big gestures. The guy never laughs, never makes fun, never enjoys him self like normal humans would. Never pats people on the back, no kind words. He only rewards people for licking his boots. He is busy impressing others and putting down his critics. He is so full of himself. There is nothing humble about Jesus. Everything he does is staged and a sacrifice to his monumental ego.
But if you are brainwashed in it, you will accept it. Do not think the North Koreans only cry for fear. The Germans were brainwashed by Hitler in similar ways and believed in Hitler with the same passion. They wanted to die for their leader.
Thanks for that input. Their god is certainly a psychopath, the worst monster in all of fiction. It not only claims to have almost sterilized the earth once, but it is said to be planning to do it again. No monster can compete with that.

But that's not even the bad part. It plans to keep us awake forever just to torture most of us to no benefit to it or anything else - gratuitous agonizing. Lex Luther can't touch that, nor can any other monster or supervillain from fiction. Satan, who owes his existence and success to Jehovah-Jesus, is a piker compared to him.

I have a good word for you, a synonym for psychopath: a mattoid
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/mattoi...

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't expect you to care Trifecta nor am I concerned if you do or not.
I actually believe that the more you speak of only being concerned for yourself the more that people take a look at their own beliefs and actions.
There you go. You can do this, too. That's all it takes: call a spade a spade, and in no uncertain terms.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
A Jesus Follower better be concerned with their salvation first before anything else.
What a beautiful religion you have!
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do Christians cling to their mortal shells so desperately ?
I suppose it is because they are not in a hurry to give up their body. They have had it all their lives. You may have heard the saying, Iím ready to go but Iím not packing my bags.

Ask them.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Again, you canít reason with anyone who has no reason.
Flap flap flap. Your fundamental belief is faith based. You therefore have no standing in any discussion about reason.

Bra bra bra flap flap flap !

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Khatru wrote:
Who said we Brits are silly anyway?
Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling....
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
LOL. Cheese's crust ... got all-muddy!
Mark

Ammerzoden, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Khatru,
I am going to try to explain the differences in the 2 covenants in layman terms. First we will call the covenants a " contract" because that is what a covenant is.
Now, Lets say that you and I had a "contract" with the bank. We owed a huge debt and someone decided to come along and Pay that debt for us. You accepted his offer, however, I didn't trust him and refused to accept his offer. The " contract" is still in effect for me, ONLY because I didn't accept his offer to pay my debt for me. The bank still holds me reliable to repay my debt and the law still holds for me but it is void for you. Your was Pardoned and Paid in full. You were set free from the debt you owed.
The Old Covenant or contract was between Man and God..God laid down the Law to show people that they could NOT hold up to their end of the bargain....and of course they did not. The only one that could VOID the contract was the ONE who made the contract..God.. And He did when He came up with a New contract with Jesus..Jesus was too pay the debt by " Fulfilling" the requirements of the Law that Man couldn't do HOWEVER, If someone doesn't accept His offer, The Law is still in effect for THEM. This also includes believers who still continue to Stay under the Old Covenant OF Law.
Not true, the first contract was between the Jewish tribal God and the offspring of Abraham and Jacob (NOT MAN).(READ IT!) that is why we read that the living Jesus says he only comes for the twelve tribes of Israel.

It is only after his death that jesus would have changed his mind.(Claimed by someone who met Jesus only in his dream). Well that is a Roman invention of course as they made this cult part of their new state ideology. that is why we have to believe Jesus rose out of the death.

And Jesus did not fulfil the requirements of the contract more then any other Jew. that is all bullshit. In fact his brother James was more a stickler prick than Jesus when it came to Jewish Law. Jesus invents his own definition which is a easy way to get from under it. He tells his disciples they need not fulfil the contract. Why? Because he says so. how convenient for Jesus.

And the first contract was not a one time debt. The contract was: You obey my commandments and I will make the Jews filthy rich and powerful. But if too many wander away from them I will take my revenge on you, until you comply with them again.

Because this contract was with the Jews as a people, Jesus could never save human kind by a new contract. that is all later invention. The Romans wanted to force convert the Jews that is why this was all built into the story of the new religion. Religious fanatic Jews were giving them a hard time by attacking all over the empire and attempts to wipe them out had failed.

That is when the emperor said: Basta, from now on their is only one religion. Either convert or die.

Please get real, the Roman empire was not a santa claus story, it was a brutal, cynical slave society in which the rich elite became specially talented in manipulating the masses. That is what mass religions are tailored for.

that is why it is all so unethical what Jesus preaches. Even if he is a god, he is a lousy god. Jesus teachings keep people submissive by forbidding to revolt to injustice, heralding suffering and only leave people one hope: the afterlife. But only if they accept this ideology that destroys their human rights.

Stop reading books, start thinking for yourselves.

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spanking the kids?
For chrissakes, we're talking about a six-month-old baby!
Just figuring out how to sit up!
And you seek to justify striking her?
Geez, dude.
I think RR was a little fast on the draw during that exchange and now is too proud to say so. At least I hope that's what it is.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

I know this is kind of late, but I like muff diving.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

And Jerry Falwell was an assclown.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

If you're going to go muff diving, make sure you have some SCUBA gear.

Self Contained Underwear Breaching Aparatus

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 517,961 - 517,980 of598,778
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

420 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Rosa_Winkel 716,800
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 min WildWeirdWillie 171,466
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 min brown top 339
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 14 min vp joy 60
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 36,415
Teach your children to be LEERY of strangers 17 min Doctor REALITY 4
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 18 min jsmith 1,411
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Chess 530,173
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Buck Crick 223,253
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 45 min SimmerExtreme 64
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,735
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••