Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540443 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No? You would change your mind were you living among them.
I do live among them. Is there anything that you aren't afraid of?
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540444 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>eh? that a different spin. I no think
I see this spin before.
"Jesus is a lousy God"? I disagree of course, but I never see someone make this charge against Jesus before. Jesus may be God, but He is a lousy God?
That different.
Simply take Love. Jesus sucks. He is not loving at all. Most mothers have far more love than Jesus. Most mothers can stand rejection, without throwing their children in eternal torture. In fact no loving mother would ever think of torturing her child.

Jesus has no love. He calls mercy love. But his mercy? For what? For eating an Apple by two people against his father wishes. Really? Punishing mankind for that? That idea is monstrous.

He is even jealous of the love between mothers and children. That is sick. In other religions such love is seen as gods love, but Jesus ego can not stand that someone else is loved more than him. by normal standards this god is a self-glorifying egomaniac created in the image of Roman emperors.

Not the sort of persons we want to worship.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#540445 May 27, 2013
~~~~P_E_A_C_E M_A_N~~~~

I can have immediate peace
If I allow others
To be the rulers of their lives
The way I like to rule
My own life.

- Sri Chinmoy

~

If not today,
Then in the distant future,
The voice of peace will conquer
Insurmountable disharmony-obstacles.

- Sri Chinmoy

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#540446 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo. I've come to use a few people here as a barometer that gives a false reading. Rest assured whatever Mr. Catcher posts on isn't so, exactly the opposite is.
I do t know why, but he's being a fuckingidiot about this spanking the kids thing.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540447 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you only care about things that affect you personally? If it affects you monetarily?
My soul is unique. I can't compare it to anything else personally or financially. My concern about everything else in life, whether it be other people, family, friends business, whatever; I can fix or affect with deeds or harder work or financial support or help or whatever it may be.

All of those things is secondary to what my spiritual/soul life is with Jesus Christ. I sustain and feed that first, everything else in life comes second. At least I try to make everything else second.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#540448 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe that what I have read from some Christians on this thread is God's way...at least it wasn't what I was taught.
IMO...
Trifecta declaring to continue to discus the sex between gays until gays are quiet about gay marriage...is trying to silence them.
Lawest's post to Lacez...was in my opinion...trying to silence Lacez.
Que's obsession with gays being pedophiles...silencing gays was his intent.
Calling gays (and non-Christians) evil, wicked, vile, immoral and all those other terms of endearment are merely ways of silencing.
In a way...at least in my opinion...it is a means of mentally beating people in to submission...of silencing them.
I don’t know which posts you are talking about Annie. I think it is more like they came here to harass and belittle us and our beliefs and people are responding to it. People get enough and say things. Both sides do. What do you think they are trying to do to us Annie? Could it just be that they are trying to silence Christians and Christianity and try to redefine Christianity to their laws instead of Gods? That is exactly what they are here doing.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540449 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not afraid of either group. In fact, I think it's the other way around.
So you think Muslims scared of you??? LOL!! you funny writer.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#540450 May 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. war? You misunderstood. The battle for equal rights is going quite well without war ..
.. you see, my friend, many of your fellow believers are torch-bearers for gay rights because they know Christianity is losing the younger generation over the gay equal rights issue ..
.. you don't realize Christianity’s very reputation is at stake, that many believers see a right-wing segment trying to change the very thing that Jesus taught. They're reading your insults, judgmentalness, hypocrisy, lewdness and hostility towards gays. The're asking how one sect of Christianity gained so much power but fail to heed Jesus' highest commandment to love thy neighbor ..
.. many Christians have homosexual relatives and friends. They feel that some churches, at a certain level, are complicit in endorsing anti-gay bullying. These people sit on the sidelines, post scripture, try to add a gentle voice on Topix ..
.. truth be known, they're probably somewhat embarrassed to even be associated with your little evangelizing group that demonize homosexuals on Topix. These very Christians need to take a stand not only for equality but for Christianity. They need to realize they're losing the young folk ..
.. isn't it time you thought about washing feet instead of waging war ??..
I'll wash your feet.

Because you make great sammiches.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#540451 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Exactly, He will not hear anything but his supposed law. Again, you can’t reason with anyone who has no reason. Iran has none. He still doesn’t realize he is not God/ruller. No one has to obey the not all mighty Irans.
Oh and not that I’m insulted or anything but I’m a she.
Oh. So sorry, you're a she.

bla blu blee blee bla bla boop blip bleep.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#540452 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not really.
It's because I know the world war between muslims and christians is inevitable. It's already started.
So Gays having to deal with Muslims is also inevitable. And I think the Gays are going to have a much more difficult time with muslims.
And you're here to help....
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#540453 May 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is happening down here..... and at least one other religion is getting a free ride and becoming stronger!
I believe we will see more of it too. The end is closer. But that just means that the fight will be over all the sooner. God will win.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#540454 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:

Fascinating
Spock?

United States

#540455 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very good post and very true.
Thank you.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#540456 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Adam..........I saw your other post posting a number of scripture where Jesus often spoke of himself and the Father as separate persons, but what you have to understand is that Jesus was in a flesh and blood shell here on earth for 33 and a half years, he often spoke of himself and the Father as being ONE together in the Godhead, there are also a number of scripture where he also eluded that he is that very God as well, I have already posted that he is the Word made flesh and blood and dwelt among us as well as the Word that WAS GOD in the beginning that created everything in the beginning, I could post some scriptures but always remember that the flesh and blood body that he wore for 33 years like you wear your clothing, was the Son while the spirit within animating that body was the Father.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#540457 May 27, 2013
I think that gays being able to marry will likely happen. I am not against Gays. That is most likely because I have met some nice gay people. Some of you make Gay look bad. Although I believe what the Bible says it also talks about other things being bad too. None of us are without sin.

United States

#540458 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I do t know why, but he's being a fuckingidiot about this spanking the kids thing.
Spanking the kids?

For chrissakes, we're talking about a six-month-old baby!

Just figuring out how to sit up!

And you seek to justify striking her?

Geez, dude.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540459 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spock?
My ears are cuter.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#540460 May 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>"When Abraham gave up his ghost" springs to mind here....
:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540461 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Yes someone/people are trying to silence Christians. Maybe not you but they are.
Flap flap flap
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#540462 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Very good post and very true.
I don’t know how else to say it. We are to obey God.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Clearwater 853,652
Why do blacks name their children ridiculous na... (Sep '08) 3 min RFD 239
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Dan 595,837
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 32 min Concerned Adult 444,107
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 39 min Kid_Tomorrow 5,797
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min The_Box 100,682
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min WasteWater 272,053
More from around the web