Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#540396 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Once again you have no idea of what you are talking about, the death sanctioned in Revelation is God taking vengeance on those who have slaughtered his people, those who were martyred for his name's sake, and those who will suffer the second death in the lake of fire.
You are just like a child arguing over something that you have no knowledge concerning.
You're making things up as you go along.

You're the one who said that Jesus is God.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540397 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok fair enough. I don't know him from Adam but would bet if he does things to help and started posting about it it would just be used by others as a tool to mock. See I read that and get a very different meaning. What I get is that when a person goes to judgment its you and God. It matters not a bit what anyone else said or did on this earth as we all give our account. Work out your own salvation.
And I bet it was not hard for you to figure out.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#540398 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>not really.
It's because I know the world war between muslims and christians is inevitable. It's already started.
So Gays having to deal with Muslims is also inevitable. And I think the Gays are going to have a much more difficult time with muslims.
You're saying that Muslims are even more bigoted, hateful and prejudiced than Christians?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540399 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok fair enough. I don't know him from Adam but would bet if he does things to help and started posting about it it would just be used by others as a tool to mock. See I read that and get a very different meaning. What I get is that when a person goes to judgment its you and God. It matters not a bit what anyone else said or did on this earth as we all give our account. Work out your own salvation.
I don't know what others will do. I only know that I do not mock anyone's charitable work.

Of course we see it differently Chris. Since Trifecta was responding to a conversation about why Christian youth are leaving the church...I had only one conclusion to draw...he didn't care why they were. We weren't...at least I wasn't...addressing anyone's salvation.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540401 May 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying that Muslims are even more bigoted, hateful and prejudiced than Christians?
I'm saying Gays have far less to be afraid of from Christians than with Muslims.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#540405 May 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, insults.
They are fallacies aimed to hurt a person's character.
I'm trying to be civil again, but you make it very hard to do so with your constant attacks towards me without provocation.
It's good that you are trying to be civil "again" , but when you apply these untruths about life livings in God under this current dispensation because you are not Blessed with the ability to rightly divide scripture..........well it's like the prophet said, it's like fire shut up in my bones and I can't keep still, so when I hear untruth about the Word, I just feel too compelled to come behind and correct it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540406 May 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making things up as you go along.
You're the one who said that Jesus is God.
And I can say so because he IS.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540408 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant comment.Probably one of the best I ever heard since very long time.Keep it up.
Thanks.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540409 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
@LAWEST100
Jesus is god?
That's RIGHT..........he is the WORD that was with God in the beginning and the WORD that WAS and IS GOD now, it is all throughout the Word itself.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540410 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
other differences are, christians live in democratic systems moslems not because they know why. See all these gay marriage debates in western societies. Democracy in europe is a afront against christianity.See the netherlands the most liberal state in europe, see UK,see Scandinavia,see france,spain they have allready accepted homo marriages. America should not take europe as an example.
What is ethically wrong with accepting gay marriages?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540412 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what others will do. I only know that I do not mock anyone's charitable work.
Of course we see it differently Chris. Since Trifecta was responding to a conversation about why Christian youth are leaving the church...I had only one conclusion to draw...he didn't care why they were. We weren't...at least I wasn't...addressing anyone's salvation.
It's interesting, but not something I overly care about. Those youths have the choice to embrace of reject Christ. They reject, they bear the consequences, not me.

You tell me more youths are are having more out of wedlock babies, then I would certainly care about that because that means more of my tax dollars are going to welfare. That has consequences for me.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540414 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No Annie, I have seen Churches preach the word of God. Not the TV versions of preachers that are like what I think you are comparing them to.
Annie Christians are not to Conform to the world but to try and obey God. Agreeing with the world that something is right when God says it is wrong is not what God would have us do.
I do not believe that what I have read from some Christians on this thread is God's way...at least it wasn't what I was taught.

IMO...

Trifecta declaring to continue to discus the sex between gays until gays are quiet about gay marriage...is trying to silence them.

Lawest's post to Lacez...was in my opinion...trying to silence Lacez.

Que's obsession with gays being pedophiles...silencing gays was his intent.

Calling gays (and non-Christians) evil, wicked, vile, immoral and all those other terms of endearment are merely ways of silencing.

In a way...at least in my opinion...it is a means of mentally beating people in to submission...of silencing them.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540415 May 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "word" accepts slavery, promotes sexism, homophobia, racism, murder, and so on.
You are making the claim that your Jesus was all these items and more.
No it doesn't, above all else, get an UNDERSTANDING and stop trying to debate something that you are ill equiped to properly debate, being an unbeliever does NOT give you the gift of discernment.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540417 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> That's RIGHT..........he is the WORD that was with God in the beginning and the WORD that WAS and IS GOD now, it is all throughout the Word itself.
You mean you have no proof, only story telling?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#540420 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes someone/people are trying to silence Christians. Maybe not you but they are. Just look at what is happening in the USA and in the world.
It is happening down here..... and at least one other religion is getting a free ride and becoming stronger!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540421 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen
Good early evening HFN, how're you today?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540422 May 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you have no proof, only story telling?
I have the greatest prof of all, the Word of God, too bad that's not enough for you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540423 May 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is not whether a Jesus lived or not.
Gods need not even exist in the physical world
The problem is that he is a lousy God.
Satan is created to make Jesus look good, by making him even more evil. Then people are made to chose sides in this cosmic between good and evil, which is actually a war between evil.
eh? that a different spin. I no think
I see this spin before.

"Jesus is a lousy God"? I disagree of course, but I never see someone make this charge against Jesus before. Jesus may be God, but He is a lousy God?

That different.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540425 May 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And I can say so because he IS.
Just like Jesus, pompous and self-righteous

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#540426 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say the body lives after death. I have and do say that the body dies but the Spirit, the real you, lives on and does not die.
"When Abraham gave up his ghost" springs to mind here....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Chess 99,513
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 9 min Tony 6,130
Gangs 17 min Jenn 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min kent 670,128
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min bad bob 184,221
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 25 min Allan 6224 454
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 1 hr Tony 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr AussieBobby 286,431
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 hr another viewer 980,031
More from around the web