Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540371 May 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I see what you mean. I wrote those words, but they are not my sentiments. The last time you posted it, you left out the "What would you think of this answer" part. That's a pretty important omission. It changes my meaning in exactly the same way as reproducing "I would never say that I don't love my wife" as "I don't love my wife."
By the way, this is the link to that showing both how I posted it in the quote above and how you reproduced it
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
I hadn't reread my post that you had quoted to realize what you had done, and I didn't recognize the words. I just knew that they misrepresented my opinion. My apologies for any part I may have played in the confusion.
Is this the "game" that you didn't want to play? It was necessary to clear up the confusion that resulted from your reposting words that I didn't recognize out of context.
Thank You for providing that link. It not only shows that I was accurate when I copied and pasted, removed the Quote marks and added IANS said, It also shows the your comment, in context, in it's entirety. Proving that when you responded to my comment, also shown at the link you provided, indicating you had never said anything like that, you knew you were not telling the truth. And it shows that you are still being deceptive. For this link proves that I didn't leave anything out, for your entire post is just above my comment. Nice try though. And it is not a problem. In the fun of the back and forth, we can all get a bit off track from time to time.
Again, have a great day IANS :)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#540372 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply because I do not believe as you do Chris does not mean that I hate you or anyone else.
You believe differently than I do...because of that...am I to assume that you hate me?
No, I wouldn't use the word hate with you. With Catcher and IANS, you bet. I see nothing but hate for Christians from those two. In fact I think it was Mr. Catcher that said Christians were like air pollution. Now again I may be getting posters mixed up but whoever posted that think on that for a min. What do we do with air pollution? I see no way but to think of that as pure hate. Sad thing is today its p/c when its Christians. If a person of any note was to say blank are like air pollution it would be a top news story the sec. it was reported. The blank is any other group but Christians. I just get tired of the hypocrisy.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540373 May 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Judeah/Israel had always been a crossrowads of politics, merchandise and cultures.
Multilingual was the norm in the Roman Empire, even among the lower classes.
Sorry, I left out Coptic, another well used and known language in Judea.
You they were all used at some point in time in the region.
Aramaic was the tongue of area of the Galileans in Jesus day, and there were several dialects. Most of the time, those dialects are all under the umbrella of Aramaic when talked about today...until it comes to the scholars who have to translate or transcribe it.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540374 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>By the time the Muslims get done with these Gays, they going to be begging for how Christians treat them, LOL.
There is no difference between Muslims and Christians.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540376 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know? Back when Dennie was still posting I came into agreement with her that at least for me what I do to help will do little to no good to share in a place such as this filled with so much hate. I do remember one time that sticks in my mind when RA shared something he did and at the time all kinds of crap was posted saying it wasn't so. I would just like to know how you come to judge this person and in your own words saying this Christian "is only concerened about yourself? Any proof for that? If this person shared something good they did to help others would you consider it or dismiss it as per your usual? I pity much of what is posted here as in the end the hate will mostly hurt the ones that hold it.
Okay...here is your reponse...

This post was based on the following posts of Trifecta's where he is saying that he does not care have people are leaving Christianity. There was another post of his (that I didn't run across again) where he stated he only cared about his soul. I don't think that is biblical...to not care. These posts were the basis of my conclusion along with the reading that I have done on why the youth are leaving the church.

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the reasons people abandon Christianity or religion don't matter to me, because in the end, the reasons can't help me when it comes to my soul.
If people believe they no have a soul or no believe who Jesus Christ is, then those reasons you put down on the billboard would matter. But they don't matter to me.

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the reasons people abandon Christianity or religion don't matter to me, because in the end, the reasons can't help me when it comes to my soul.
If people believe they no have a soul or no believe who Jesus Christ is, then those reasons you put down on the billboard would matter. But they don't matter to me.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540378 May 27, 2013
Matthew and John wrote theirs for sure.
[QUOTE who="Khatru"]<quo ted text>
The gospels may have Matthew. Mark, Luke & John's names attached to them but that doesn't mean they wrote them.
Given that all four were supposed to be disciples of Jesus you'd have thought there would be no discrepancies and contradictions. However, the contradictions are many and at times, fundamental.
Just the sort of thing you'd expect to find after centuries of theological gerrymandering.
As for the magic bit, you're right, I don't believe in magic.
You, it seems, do.
I'm glad that you don't restrict your magic to the bible and that you accept that there is magic to be found in other books.
Now you just need to get out of the mindset that any magic found outwith the bible is evil.
Miracles still happen today. So although I don't call it magic, supernatural events still happen.

Everything you think is contradictions in the bible there is a perfectly legitimate explanation for.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540379 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are.

The Christians will show their disapproval of your lifestyle by criticizing it.

The Muslim will show their disapproval of your lifestyle, by chopping off your head.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#540380 May 27, 2013
Good afternoon everyone.

Clearwater, FL

#540381 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Say that to Christians in Egypt right now. I would guess they wouldn't agree with you.

Clearwater, FL

#540383 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
This post was based on the following posts of Trifecta's where he is saying that he does not care have people are leaving Christianity. There was another post of his (that I didn't run across again) where he stated he only cared about his soul. I don't think that is biblical...to not care. These posts were the basis of my conclusion along with the reading that I have done on why the youth are leaving the church.
trifecta1 wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
Ok fair enough. I don't know him from Adam but would bet if he does things to help and started posting about it it would just be used by others as a tool to mock. See I read that and get a very different meaning. What I get is that when a person goes to judgment its you and God. It matters not a bit what anyone else said or did on this earth as we all give our account. Work out your own salvation.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540384 May 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that all the words in the Bible are from Jesus.
You then said that Jesus does not sanction death.
Revelation sanctions death.
Therefore, despite what you say, Jesus does sanction death after all.
Once again you have no idea of what you are talking about, the death sanctioned in Revelation is God taking vengeance on those who have slaughtered his people, those who were martyred for his name's sake, and those who will suffer the second death in the lake of fire.

You are just like a child arguing over something that you have no knowledge concerning.

Clearwater, FL

#540385 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they are.
The Christians will show their disapproval of your lifestyle by criticizing it.
The Muslim will show their disapproval of your lifestyle, by chopping off your head.
Or you kids.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540386 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
trifecta1 wrote:
trifecta1 wrote:
Matthew 7:
21“Not everyone who says to me,‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

It is biblical for a Jesus Follower to be concerned for their own soul. There is absolutely nothing the Jesus Follower can do about someone else soul.

The Jesus Follower needs to be concerned with what they do with this body on earth while the soul is alive in it. That is the responsibility only of the Jesus Follower. No one can do that for them.

Once the body dies and the soul meet YHWH, the actions of somebody else don't matter. I by myself is fully responsible before YHWH. that why I tell you the religion Christianity not mean much to me. I glad it growing and in good shape sure. But Jesus Christ is my priority. Christianity comes in a distant 8th or 9th place in my life after family money friends travel and health.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540388 May 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you so much that you are there for me always; that if I stumble and fall, I will fall into your grace. I praise you, my rescuer and one who loves me more than life. I bow before you in prayer, with a humble spirit and grateful heart. You are my stability in a world gone mad, my comfort when my heart is sad, the sunshine in every day. And on this day, Memorial Day, I remember all the brave people who have given their lives for freedom, for what is good and right. Please bless their families; give them comfort and peace, and a feeling of joy and contentment in knowing their loved one gave the ultimate sacrifice for a just cause. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540389 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I wouldn't use the word hate with you. With Catcher and IANS, you bet. I see nothing but hate for Christians from those two. In fact I think it was Mr. Catcher that said Christians were like air pollution. Now again I may be getting posters mixed up but whoever posted that think on that for a min. What do we do with air pollution? I see no way but to think of that as pure hate. Sad thing is today its p/c when its Christians. If a person of any note was to say blank are like air pollution it would be a top news story the sec. it was reported. The blank is any other group but Christians. I just get tired of the hypocrisy.
Then why attack me Chris for something that others might have said or what others might or might not feel?

I had this friend that told me...you can not be nice to people in Topixworld and expect the same thing in return.

That most people here see kindness and being fair as weakness. That people will take advantage of you because they know that you won't attack in return. That there are only two ways to survive...stay silent and just post music or attack back and throw out any attempt to be kind.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540390 May 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Notwithstanding the sick and sadistic nature of your post, why do you talk about Muslims and gays?
Is it because you know that Christianity is losing out to Islam?
not really.

It's because I know the world war between muslims and christians is inevitable. It's already started.

So Gays having to deal with Muslims is also inevitable. And I think the Gays are going to have a much more difficult time with muslims.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#540391 May 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
More insults every time.
It condemns touching pork, eating pork, wearing pork leather, wearing mixed fabrics, and eating shellfish.
You do all those things, therefore you are in the same classification as homosexuality, by your own book's terms.
When one has an unBlessed mind in Christ like yourself, you hinge on an idea that has no true bible bearings under this dispensation of grace, and deceive yourself into believing you have something that. Really pathetic.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#540392 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Matthew and John wrote theirs for sure. <quoted text>Miracles still happen today. So although I don't call it magic, supernatural events still happen.
Everything you think is contradictions in the bible there is a perfectly legitimate explanation for.
You're right I can explain all the contradictions.

They are mismatches, errors and mistakes.
Mark

Hedel, Netherlands

#540393 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
http://www.oocities.org/campus christians_sjc/articles/whowro te4gospels.html <quoted text>Satan is real. So that "magic" you talking about could be demonic. But you don't believe God or Satan exist, so of course you not going to believe miracles magic or demonic activities exist oy! that should be obvious.
The problem is not whether a Jesus lived or not.
Gods need not even exist in the physical world

The problem is that he is a lousy God.

Satan is created to make Jesus look good, by making him even more evil. Then people are made to chose sides in this cosmic between good and evil, which is actually a war between evil.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540395 May 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you kids.
But I expect that. I expect a world wide war against Islam. It's the secular humanists and gays that think there will ever be a time when the world will swallow their rights that won't know what hit them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min The Hangman 974,698
Snapchat fun 2 accounts 11 min mar 3
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Clearwater 70,640
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min onemale 282,942
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min Gods r Delusions ... 658,561
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 3,020
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Demon Finder 18,777
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 11 hr Hilary 93
More from around the web