Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540272 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Bla bla bla flap flap flap.
As I said earlier, there really isn't much substance to you. You drop your bombs and answer any replay with this. No problem. I don't really need any more form you.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#540273 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>As I said in my commentbefore you are blind. That means you don´t know the difference between right from wrong.
No, it means you don't know the difference between smart and stupid.
You advocate murder, you are in no position to declare what's right or wrong.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540274 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Reason #6 – The church feels unfriendly to those who doubt.
Young adults with Christian experience say the church is not a place that allows them to express doubts. They do not feel safe admitting that sometimes Christianity does not make sense. In addition, many feel that the church’s response to doubt is trivial. Some of the perceptions in this regard include not being able “to ask my most pressing life questions in church”(36%) and having “significant intellectual doubts about my faith”(23%). In a related theme of how churches struggle to help young adults who feel marginalized, about one out of every six young adults with a Christian background said their faith “does not help with depression or other emotional problems” they experience (18%).
Again, the reasons people abandon Christianity or religion don't matter to me, because in the end, the reasons can't help me when it comes to my soul.

If people believe they no have a soul or no believe who Jesus Christ is, then those reasons you put down on the billboard would matter. But they don't matter to me.

Montreal

#540275 May 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>I saw that name for the first time Saturday in the Urban Dictionary Word Of The Day definition
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Ah yes, in the interview, he said his fans were cumberbitches.
I love the guy for Into Darkness as well as for the British TV series "Sherlock."

I can't wait for it to start up again in a year or so.

Montreal

#540276 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>A perfect god couldn't change at all. It would become imperfect. Did you see this the other day:

"Nothing that is perfect can change without becoming imperfect. Consider a perfect circle [of a specified diameter, perhaps] ten cubits across. What part of it can you change and have it remain a perfect circle?"

So how could a perfect god change its mind?

Worse, thinking is a change in mental state, and implies not being aware of all things. Nothing perfect could think. Nor act.
It puts even more holes into their arguments.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#540277 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oh there is evidence. You just don't believe the evidence. And that is your absolute right.
Many people deny the holocaust, but there is evidence for the holocaust. so you not doing anything new.
I suppose the evidence you refer to for a magic Jesus is what's written in the bible?

Watford, UK

#540281 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<standing ovation>
Thanks!

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#540282 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I never spanked a 6 month old, I disciplined them.
And I don't give a shit if you approve.
Bingo. I've come to use a few people here as a barometer that gives a false reading. Rest assured whatever Mr. Catcher posts on isn't so, exactly the opposite is.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#540283 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
As I said earlier, there really isn't much substance to you. You drop your bombs and answer any replay with this. No problem. I don't really need any more form you.
I thought bla bla bla flap flap flap was pretty meaningful.

You weren't pickin up what he was puttin down?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540284 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>whoa. I did not even know he said that.
The LGBT is trying to accomplish the impossible, to get society to hush about their lifestyle. If they can't accomplish that in the friendliest part of the world to they lifestyle which is Europe, how they think they can accomplish that in America in places like the south and mid-west or in any other parts of the world?? They even killing Gays in New York City, the friendliest city in the world to the gay community, and it's on the rise:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57585202/...
They have a fight on their hands, wish them good luck.
I am not surprised that the violence is on the rise. Those that are homophobic are pushing back. Sadly it will probably increase for a while. These people realize that they are losing the battle...they are afraid...they are uncomfortable with change. They are failing and don't know how to stop it...so they react with violence.

The violence will only strengthen the resolve of those that want peace. It will also be what causes some to take a look at their beliefs...especially among our youth. Most of them do not want to live in a world with such divisiveness...anger...hatred.

Our youth of today live, work, play and are educated with the most diverse group of people in our history. They are friends, neighbors and co-workers of all different nationalities, color, religions and yes...sexual orientation. Most of them have learned from these expierences...their lives have changed because of this diversity.

Oh...and one last thing...most of them don't base how they treat others on what they do in the bedroom...they believe that it is none of their business. They see a bigger picture Trifecta...they are more worried about finding jobs...being educated in order to find that job. They are more concerned about the economy and if they will be able to afford a home than how or with whom someone is having sex.

We could learn a lot from our youth. I have faith in them.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540285 May 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose the evidence you refer to for a magic Jesus is what's written in the bible?
backed up by evidence as to who wrote the gospels. All you can say is that the apostles are lying. Which is just unbelief, and is a personal issue.

Watford, UK

#540286 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>
You're almost dimensionless in your posting. Your religion seems to be limited to denouncing homosexuality.
I think the starting point with Adam his that he has no respect for the rights of people outside of his belief system.

However, when it comes to homosexuals, that disrespect develops into seething hatred and rage.

Watford, UK

#540288 May 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I can.
I chose to be straight back in elementary school, 4th grade I think. I saw my first Playboy magazine. There were pictures of naked women having sex with naked men, I chose to look at the naked women.
Oh to just spend a week as Hugh Hefner circa 1965!

To try and get in the mood, I may spend all of tomorrow in my dressing gown.

I just need the girls.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540289 May 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the murder of this NY gay man, the senseless violence, is deeply rooted in hate and a portion of the blame is squarely on you and your constituents shoulders ..
.. religious rants condemning homosexuality, claiming God commands and encourages such characterizations, only encourages the crazies to commit violent acts. After all, isn't God on their side ??..
.. the LGBT community will no longer stand-down when religious groups stereotype certain groups as vile, less than human. Churches did that with slaves and now their target is homosexuality, atheism or anyone who doesn't believe as they do ..
.. you're being exposed right here on Topix. Get use to it ..
That's what I'm talking about!

I'm certain that you noticed Trifecta1 callous reaction: "They have a fight on their hands, wish them good luck."

I'm had a similar reaction upon reading about Christians murdered in the Middle East, but was unwilling to share it.

I'll just say this much: if you want flaunt being Christian or pushing Christianity in a Muslim country, maybe you'll get 72 virgins because you died there.

Watford, UK

#540293 May 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Playboy shows sex now?
When I was a kid in the sixties, my dad used to get Playboy.

The strongest material it showed then were topless girls.

They were the days of Little Annie Fanny and what about those great Alberto Vargas drawings!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#540295 May 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the reasons people abandon Christianity or religion don't matter to me, because in the end, the reasons can't help me when it comes to my soul.
If people believe they no have a soul or no believe who Jesus Christ is, then those reasons you put down on the billboard would matter. But they don't matter to me.
You have unintentionally hurt Christianity even more and have given strength to why our youth are leaving.

You are only concerned about yourself...you don't care about others. You help aid in their decision to not only leave the faith but to not return to it.

I will have to search but if I remember correctly...it is not biblical to be only concerned about yourself.

Off of the top of my head though...

Why would God ask you to be disciples of the world if you are to only think of yourself?

Why would there be words of letting your light so shine so that others may follow if the only one that your are to be concerned with is yourself?

Then again..there is the great commission...why bother if you only care about yourself?

Watford, UK

#540296 May 27, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Bla bla bla flap flap flap.
Is that from one of those OT laws that believers say are no longer viable?

Watford, UK

#540297 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are simply the best.
Even better than the little baby Jesus?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540298 May 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not surprised that the violence is on the rise. Those that are homophobic are pushing back. Sadly it will probably increase for a while. These people realize that they are losing the battle...they are afraid...they are uncomfortable with change. They are failing and don't know how to stop it...so they react with violence.
The violence will only strengthen the resolve of those that want peace. It will also be what causes some to take a look at their beliefs...especially among our youth. Most of them do not want to live in a world with such divisiveness...anger...hatred.
Our youth of today live, work, play and are educated with the most diverse group of people in our history. They are friends, neighbors and co-workers of all different nationalities, color, religions and yes...sexual orientation. Most of them have learned from these expierences...their lives have changed because of this diversity.
Oh...and one last thing...most of them don't base how they treat others on what they do in the bedroom...they believe that it is none of their business. They see a bigger picture Trifecta...they are more worried about finding jobs...being educated in order to find that job. They are more concerned about the economy and if they will be able to afford a home than how or with whom someone is having sex.
We could learn a lot from our youth. I have faith in them.
Well I hope your faith in the youth help you in whatever way you think it will help you.

I will never put my faith in Man. My faith is in Jesus Christ. That faith is what serves me the best.

Watford, UK

#540300 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
@Happy Lesbo
Your body is designed for procreation and not to cut off the highway and leave those males of humanity whom the LORD has created for you.
Men were created for women?

I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min hojo 683,527
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min bad bob 15,181
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,996
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 2 hr Orangestar4189 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 2
Moroccan Guys Have The Biggest Cocks! (Jun '13) 4 hr Mimi 31
More from around the web