Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#540131 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The 1st amendment limits your right to speak as it does mine.
I'm good with that. Are you?
In short no way. And if what comes next is the test the Supreme Court calls "clear and present danger I've heard it. If after the events that just came to light with the gov. targeting certain groups via irs don't know what to tell you. It takes it to another level imo. Look, many of the things posted in this very forum I can't stand. No doubt you feel the same but I hope nobody feels a threat from the gov to shut down speech. Nothing good will come of it. Latter. Off to spend some time with some veterans on this day.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#540132 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Show off. IANS already gave me a well deserved lecture on the difference between perspicuity and perspicacity.
I'm a lump of clay wrapped around shards of broken glass. Mold me at your own risk :)
Pertinacious ax wound

Clearwater, FL

#540133 May 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't need to. We'll diminish your voice nonviolently, through attrition and stigma. Then we won't have to hear who Jesus hates.
Like this?
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/charles-jacobs/s...

or this?

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/charles-jacobs/s...
Too bad your brothers didn't get your message of nonviolence.

Clearwater, FL

#540134 May 27, 2013

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#540135 May 27, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
If I hated you or was mean to you simply because of our differences than I wouldn't be much of a follower of Christ [...] A person who is nice to only those who are exactly like them are shallow and closed minded in my opinion. I am secure enough in my own beliefs and who I am in Christ that I can read the negative remarks and not retaliate with words of hate.
Good for you,and thanks again.

I think that I just told Here For Now more or less the same thing you just said in different words.
Grace Walker wrote:
Why are you so nice to me when I am always posting scripture out of a book that you find repulsive?
That's easy: why wouldn't I be?

You have been more help than you might know. I realize that you did not post that to shame the Christians who can't do what you have done, and that you say that I have done: disagree about important ideas, yet maintain civility while doing it, so I won't use your words against them except to say that those who have failed to do this just don't measure up to your character. People like you and Al Garcia have my respect for who you are and the values you embody.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540136 May 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there you go:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
It was not written in Syriac.
Never mind. I thought I was helping and adding some pertinent information CJ(as I tried to explain). It appears you don't wish to accept that for what it is. I won't bother again, as it won't lead to anything except banter.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#540137 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>When pointing out the truth, it's usually wise to make sure it's true.
But he believes it to be so, what more do you want, actual facts?
Pfft.

Montreal

#540138 May 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>There were seven people in the theater when I saw it. That left around 100 or so empty seats.

I think the 3D is worth the extra cost, so I'm gonna get a 3D TV when my house is done.

This is my favorite Star Trek movie, so far. I hope they make more. I started watching Voyager on Hulu a few nights ago. They only have the first season though.

I have to accept the fact that I'm kind of a Trekkie.
My other half loved it, he's a huge geek for the name and the genre.
I went for the fact that JJ Abrams directed it, that Benedict Cumberbatch had a major role in it, and of course because my fiance wanted me to go with him.

I actually loved it, even though I'm not a fan of many of the shows/movies of that genre (space). I liked it mainly because there was so much action, and also a story everyone could enjoy which was well done.

The only other space show I watch is Doctor Who, but that's an exception to the rule.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#540139 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind. I thought I was helping and adding some pertinent information CJ(as I tried to explain). It appears you don't wish to accept that for what it is. I won't bother again, as it won't lead to anything except banter.
As you wish.

The point was the Hellenization of the Jesus movement, witnessed, in part, by the language of the New Testament -- Koine Greek.

By the way, Jesus and his followers likely spoke Aramaic, not Syriac, though the languages are closely related.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#540140 May 27, 2013
languages - dialects

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540141 May 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
As you wish.
The point was the Hellenization of the Jesus movement, witnessed, in part, by the language of the New Testament -- Koine Greek.
By the way, Jesus and his followers likely spoke Aramaic, not Syriac, though the languages are closely related.
Whatever. That's not what the early scrolls show.
I'm done with this.
Rosa Winkel

East Maitland, Australia

#540142 May 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep thinking that, however you prove you are not.
You can't even come up with a better insult; you've used that one at least 5 times now.
Yeah and it's the sort of thing we would have said in Grade 5. LOLOL

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#540143 May 27, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank you so much that you are there for me always; that if I stumble and fall, I will fall into your grace. I praise you, my rescuer and one who loves me more than life. I bow before you in prayer, with a humble spirit and grateful heart. You are my stability in a world gone mad, my comfort when my heart is sad, the sunshine in every day. And on this day, Memorial Day, I remember all the brave people who have given their lives for freedom, for what is good and right. Please bless their families; give them comfort and peace, and a feeling of joy and contentment in knowing their loved one gave the ultimate sacrifice for a just cause. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

Montreal

#540144 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>AnnieJ wrote, "Perhaps you are right IANS...maybe I do my son more harm that good. Maybe I have not been the mother to him that I should have been."

Don't be that way, Annie. That's not what I said or meant.

You went on at great length about how you didn't want to fight this battle against the homophobes, and you did so in a way that seemed to disapprove of those of us that did - language suggesting that such behavior was wrong.

Regarding doing battle, you wrote,

"I do not want to look in to that abyss and see myself staring back at me. I do not want to become that which I deplore" and "My son deserves better than that from me"

You're implying there that people engaged in this struggle are becoming like those that they deplore, and that people deserve better than that. If you didn't mean that, my apologies.

But that is what I understood your comment to mean, I disagreed, and I was concerned that you might influence Lacez and others to stand down and be more like you. Your way is fine for you, but will accomplish nothing for anybody else, and I wanted him to feel good about what he was doing despite your words.

Better?
Don't worry, I feel just fine about what I'm doing. Have you seen the latest "conversation" I've had with Lawlest?
I'm being entirely civil, not throwing a single insult his way, and he can't help but throw at least one in every post.

Montreal

#540145 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>It aint necessarily so wrote, "<quoted text>
You don't need to help your son in this way. Let others do it for you both, and for everybody else in the same situation.
"

That's not true. AnnieJ will help her son in the way that she can and the way that she has.

As I told somebody else recently. We are not to be protected any longer. We are to be feared. We will not back down. We will not retreat. We will shove Leviticus straight up your ass with one hand and wipe your tears with the other.

We are young, we are vocal, we are skilled and we are not afraid.
HERE HERE!
I'll drink to that!

Montreal

#540146 May 27, 2013
<quoted text>Just the earth and everything living on it in an apocalyptic catastrophe.

Are you suggesting that your timeless, perfect and unchanging god outgrew his violent genocidal rages?

There is no way to divorce your religion from death and violence, however many times your god is said to change its mind.
What would make a god change his mind? Measly little humans that are his creations?
When you build something with LEGOs, and intend to destroy it, you don't look at all the tiny plastic blocks and say "on second thought."

No, you just smash the living crap out of it.

Montreal

#540147 May 27, 2013
Adam wrote:
First homosexuality is wrong because the religions says so.Secondly homosexuality is a choice, like it´s a choice to chat daily in the internet topix. Thirdly no one is born gay.Fourthly homosexuality becomes a habit. Fively when ppl continue to engage in those kind of actions they become blind and they don´t know the difference between right from wrong.sixly homosexuality causes the most dangerous disease like HIV and Aids. sevenly homosexuals becomes a addiction like internet addiction drug addiction or whatever. Eightly homosexuals are liars. They are more than happy for a lie if it serves their interests.
You really enjoy expressing how stupid you are, don't you?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#540148 May 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever. That's not what the early scrolls show.
I'm done with this.
Please provide those early scrolls.

Montreal

#540149 May 27, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>Adam isn't real. Adam is a Poe.

Focus.
Are you sure?
Poe's law indicates he is and is not.

My focus doesn't shift because of that nazi.

Montreal

#540150 May 27, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and it's the sort of thing we would have said in Grade 5. LOLOL
"Your mom's so fat that she [insert Adams "witty" comments here]."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Got my ex pregnant before break up. What do I do? 10 min glenford2 5
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 46 min GhtClk 53,382
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 1 hr Doctor REALITY 62
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 2 hr quilterqueen 4,680
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr nanoanomaly 992,496
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 2 hr quilterqueen 1,506
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Unsolved Mistery 693,594
More from around the web