Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#540021 May 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I dont. why do you think I care if you think I'm right or wrong? you should know I dont care either.
That susplains a lot.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#540022 May 26, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't. I blame you not understanding on your homosexual ignorance.
everyone except gays understand what homosexuality is... an unnatural chosen perversion.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#540023 May 26, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You should get an education.
Yes. As a historian I can posiively state that women actually worked in the 1st cent. Roman Empire.
You beleive in zombies but a woman working is impossible.
The insanity of religion never ceases to amaze me.
To look at that thought process even further, and it rarely comes up here. I assert that the term, "Christianity", as it's used today is very inaccurate.

They're not of the same beliefs or of the same religion, Catholicism, Protestantism are two versions, and then there are the further delineations of Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian, JW's, Mormons et al - all different.

Even within Catholicism there are variances, with branches of Catholics known as RC's, "Evangelical Catholics" and such(Catholics have remained a *bit* more unified*, sorta). I think there are "Pentecostal Catholics", too.

Honestly, there isn't much difference in the Hindu, and the Christian, in which the Hindu is straightforward and plainly admits there are myriad "gods", all said to be manifestations of the same 'god", but nevertheless, uniquely different. Much like any religion, it's a hodge podge of beliefs, and if you put 20 adherents of any religion in a room and asked then to fill out a questionnaire concerning their religious beliefs, and then compile the differences and similarities, you might likely get 100 different deities in the end result.

So, it's said that the U.S. population is 75% Christian, but it really works out to being comprised of 75% in total population - different - versions of Christianity in the U.S., with each claiming to be the "correct one", and they only claim unity because it suits their purposes at the moment and other vague reasons, too.

Factor in the "personal relationship" claims of the Christian, and it amounts to 75% of the population being "Christian", with each individual Christian being a denomination unto themselves.

frikken crazy sauce

Columbus, OH

#540024 May 26, 2013
Oh my.

Chess is gonna hit the 10k post mark any moment now.

It gonna happen.

I tell you.

Right when Jesus returns.

Yup.

Any moment now.

Real soon.

Really.

Honest.

Soon. Real soon.

Yup.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540025 May 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
That susplains a lot.
good.

Columbus, OH

#540026 May 26, 2013
Well, pretty soon.

Yup.

I'm sure of that.

Well, pretty sure.

Location hidden

#540027 May 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> and every christian here is a christian.
I've never said any different, and plainly say that if a person claims to be a Christian, I accept that statement. I think they truly believe they are.

I often mock the "No True Christian™" statements made by other Christians concerning - other Christians - but I think if you say you are, you are, no matter what my thoughts are on how closely you follow or ignore portions of the bible/religion.

I still accept that the individual is a Christian by that person merely claiming they are, indeed, a Christian?

Columbus, OH

#540028 May 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>good.
Don't interrupt me.

I'm having a Chess Jurist moment.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540029 May 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never said any different, and plainly say that if a person claims to be a Christian, I accept that statement. I think they truly believe they are.
I often mock the "No True Christian™" statements made by other Christians concerning - other Christians - but I think if you say you are, you are, no matter what my thoughts are on how closely you follow or ignore portions of the bible/religion.
I still accept that the individual is a Christian by that person merely claiming they are, indeed, a Christian?
but I dont believe you are an atheist.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#540030 May 26, 2013
Yo CJ,
Did it happen yet?

Location hidden

#540031 May 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> but I dont believe you are an atheist.
I don't expect you to believe it. I don't expect you to believe anything, and yet you do, on the most flimsy of evidences, or no evidence at all.

"Faith" suffices as evidence for you.

Columbus, OH

#540032 May 26, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Yo CJ,
Did it happen yet?
Well, no.

But it will soon.

My preacher promised, you know.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#540033 May 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text> everyone except gays understand what homosexuality is... an unnatural chosen perversion.
In the immortal words of River Tam:

Derp

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#540034 May 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I don't expect you to believe it. I don't expect you to believe anything, and yet you do, on the most flimsy of evidences, or no evidence at all.
"Faith" suffices as evidencewhen it c for you.
because my faith and beliefs is only relevant to me. what you think of it is only relevant to you. its not like you can do anything about christianity on this billboard.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#540035 May 26, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Yo CJ,
Did it happen yet?
.. being the gentleman that he is, he's waiting for me ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#540036 May 26, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Really.
Do show me how I am incorrect.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#540040 May 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do show me how I am incorrect.
I was in Correct once. Lovely place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correct,_Indiana

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#540043 May 26, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
In the immortal words of River Tam:
Derp
Can you believe it?

This guy, and his cohort, should turn in their membership cards to the human race.

_-Alice-_

Location hidden

#540044 May 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe it?
This guy, and his cohort, should turn in their membership cards to the human race.
They snuck into the gene pool when the lifeguard was checking out the hot chick's tramp stamp.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#540046 May 26, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
They snuck into the gene pool when the lifeguard was checking out the hot chick's tramp stamp.
You are a very perspicacious person, River.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr MOGADORE 994,029
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 hr MKULTRA 59,649
Why did O.J. criminal trial jurors IGNORE cuts ... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 4
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Crazy Horse 446,253
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr Crazy Horse 695,512
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 7 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,497
Marco Rubio Could Beat Trump in 2020 8 hr razz58 7
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Mon Pimpy 23
More from around the web