Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#539855 May 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is trying to take away your rights, RR.
It's advice. It's good advice. It's friendly advice.
If you want to maintain your faith, you'd be better off compartmentalizing it for protection. If you bring it out in public, it's gonna be treated like a belief in the Lizard People.
How do you know your boss isn't one of the Lizard People? Watch him closely when there's a fly buzzing around. If you blink, you might miss it.
Huh... Would you say the same thing about, say, gays?

If you want to maintain your [gay orientation], you'd be better off compartmentalizing it for protection. If you bring it out in public, it's gonna be treated like a belief in the Lizard People.

Strange when it's changed from "faith" to "gay orientation", isnt it?

If you agree with what you wrote, you should also agree to how I changed it.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539856 May 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you & IANS should start a club to strengthen your efforts to supplant the Constitution for something else.
To say that "religion is fine, just keep it in your home and church" is an absolute violation of our Constitutionally protected rights.
I can pray and worship any god from any religion ANYWHERE I want and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.
Good post

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#539857 May 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a deep and disturbing question. Disturbing on the fact that the NT is about forgiveness, redemption and compassion yet so many still demand an eye for an eye.
It's just recently that I have changed my own opinion of capital punishment.
I would have to say that at present I'm 70/30 against death.
.. hi ya Al !! OH !!, how I've missed your gentle wisdom ..

.. again, it seems to me that some Christians pick and choose which portions of the bible are applicable to them. While on the cross, Jesus forgave the sinner to his left and right. Would that not set an example for all to follow ??..

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#539858 May 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to maintain your [gay orientation], you'd be better off compartmentalizing it for protection. If you bring it out in public, it's gonna be treated like a belief in the Lizard People.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's very strange since those two things are not comparable.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#539859 May 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect again often wrong Lacez, I don't belittle gays and don't hate, I merely refer to God's Word concerning them, and in the most REALIST sense of all, Jesus DOES mention the abomination in the first chapter of Romans, many will gasp here and that was Paul, but understand that JESUS is the very WORD himself made flesh, it is said ' lo, I come in the volume of book to do thy will o' Lord'.........so anything that the spirit gave Paul and all the other Apostles and Prophets is the Word that created everything in existence from the beginning.
Show us the verse in which Jesus specifically mentions gays.
You commit abominations every day when you wear mixed fabrics, eat shellfish, eat or even touch pork, and so on.

You won't be able to.
And yes, you do attempt to belittle gays and you quite obviously hate gays.
That's apparent to everyone here.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#539860 May 26, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Wow. The only good thing I can say here is I am very very very thankful that at this time we live in a nation where EVERYONE has a right to speak. No doubt in my mind the powers of darkness and hate will do all it can to shut Christians up using the force of law and threat of death one day. But that's not today, glory to God. Glory to God for real freedom. Real liberty that only He can give.
Do you sleep with a night light on?

Montreal

#539861 May 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>What you really said was that the book sanctions death for gays, I said that Jesus never sanctioned death for anyone, you said that you never mentioned Jesus, but if you read my post above to Lacez you'll see why I called you a liar, because NOW under the current covenant of Christ the book does NOT sanction death for anyone, so you are a liar, and the only thing that you said in a looooong while that was correct, is that all liars WILL have their part in the lake of fire as well as UNBELI EVERS..........so I would change if I was YOU.
So you get to choose what is true and what isn't in the bible?
You said yourself that the OT is to be ignored, yet you are using the OT as a means to your hate towards gay individuals.
You're so blinded by hate that you think it's love.

Montreal

#539862 May 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Son, I am very likely more than twice your age and have seen more and experienced more in my life than your brain capacity could probably hold right now, not to mention experience in the things of God if he ever Blesses you to be reborn into the body of Christ, using this analogy.........if you are not a doctor or a plummer or an electrician and don't know anything about these professions and the techniques thereof, would you argue and debate the workings of any those with them?.........then why argue with people of God who have accuminated knowledge faith abd growth IN Christ Jesus by the spirit throughout many years of living IN God?.........you are young and very immature, with no clue of the fool that you are making of yourself.
More insults and an inability to refute what I have said.

How does it feel to try and beat on someone who isn't fighting back?
In this exchange, how often have I insulted you versus how often you insulted me?
The answer; you have insulted many a times, I have not insulted you once in this exchange.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#539863 May 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if Jesus does not sanction death for anyone and America is largely a Christian nation, why do we still have capital punishment ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>God gave MAN dominion over the earth and allowed man to set the laws of the land in place.
.. according to the bible, God gave dominion of planet Earth to Satan, no ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> And what does Lord Jesus have to do with capital punishment?........
.. didn't He establish a model for forgiveness ??..
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:39 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
.. what ??..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539864 May 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of help, although I am working to recruit more through argument, exhortation, and example.
Not Annie. She's excused, as is anybody else that doesn't feel good about piling on.
But I've seen many of my fellow posters grow considerably in that area. A few are freethinking theists. I'm reluctant to name names, because it might sound patronizing, but I have four in mind right now.
How about you? Can we get your help? Will you use your heart and mind, or is it going to be mindlessly clenching onto faith like Lawless, Clearwater and Trifecta?
I don't ask you to give up supernatural speculation or to deny your spiritual instinct. Just be decent and stop supporting that vile church.
And if you ever want to abandon the ad hominems, we can become more like friends again, unless you prefer to continue hunkering down and defending your church from criticism with personal attacks like a spitting llama. Is that an option, or is your reaction not your choice to make? Others seem to be able to do so.
Truce?
You don’t mean truce!. Why act like you do? People are not stupid you know. You mean do what I want or hit the highway.. You want God to be take out and your way put in His place. No you are not God and no on the highway too. I will listen to God, not you!

And get sone help for your hate.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#539865 May 26, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Al !! OH !!, how I've missed your gentle wisdom ..
.. again, it seems to me that some Christians pick and choose which portions of the bible are applicable to them. While on the cross, Jesus forgave the sinner to his left and right. Would that not set an example for all to follow ??..
Hi HL!!!! I've missed you very much as well!!

It's very difficult for me as I understand that Jesus followed Mosaic law and Mosaic law as I understand it allows capital punishment. However,
I also understand where Jesus speaks of compassion. Forgiveness.

Just because someone CAN do something, should they? Are there alternatives?

This I believe is the message of Christ. Follow the law but intelligently and compassionately.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#539866 May 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Obviously not, as being gay is a state of being, not an ideology, and not something one can choose to be.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No.

This is your last chance to avoid harsh ridicule for your willful ignorance. Sexual orientation is not analogous to religion.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#539867 May 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you sleep with a night light on?
... You know...

http://img0.etsystatic.com/003/0/7185342/il_5...

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#539868 May 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are several scriptures promoting or defending slavery for your files, although some of this list may have come from you:
[1] "As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a possession forever; you may make slaves of them, but over your brethren the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness." - Leviticus 25:44
[2] "Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy,... and they shall be your possession ... they shall be your bondmen forever." - Leviticus 25:45-46
[3] "Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..." - Titus 2:9
[4] "Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ...." - Ephesians 6:5
[5] "When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be punished; for the slave is his money." - Exodus 21:20
[6] "Let all who are under the yoke slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be defamed. Those who have believing masters must not be disrespectful on the ground that they are brethren; rather they must serve all the better since those that benefit by their service are believers and beloved." - 1 Timothy 6:1
[7] "Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes...." - Luke 12:37
[8] "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her." (Exodus 21:7-9 NLT)
[9] "The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Also,
Gen 9:25 - God cursed Ham, son of Noah, with perpetual slavery for the crime of seeing his father naked.(Ham was formerly considered the ancestor of all "blacks.")
Ex 21:4 - A male slave may marry and have children, and may go free after six years; but his family remains the property (or hostages?) of his master.
Lev 19:20 - When a man has sex with a female slave (or "bondmaid"), SHE must be scourged.
Eph 6:5 - Paul says slaves must obey their masters "with fear and trembling."
Thanks - I didn't have those.

I really need to sort out what I've got and organise it better.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539869 May 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Please...don't enter any talent shows...
I'll hold up a sign by a freeway off ramp.

"Will jump over my balls for beer"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539870 May 26, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post
They didn't think so.

I'm crushed :(

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539871 May 26, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's very strange since those two things are not comparable.
In the context of freedom, yes they are.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#539872 May 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously not, as being gay is a state of being, not an ideology, and not something one can choose to be.
<quoted text>
No.
This is your last chance to avoid harsh ridicule for your willful ignorance. Sexual orientation is not analogous to religion.
Until you can demonstrate that sexual orientation is not something you can choose, my post stands.

(Cue the "when did you choose to be straight?" strawman)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#539873 May 26, 2013
simplyput wrote:
I wonder how the ATHEIST, that have CHRISTIAN parents and Family members ---TREAT their Family?? Is it the way that treat us on here ??? Do they tell their PARENTS they are WRONG to believe that crap?
Do they want to BATTLE with their Parents? Do they HATE their Parents? Do they say to their Parents, you believe a MYTH, a FAIRYTALE, your so FULL OF CRAP???
How do Atheist and agnostics, and just Unbelievers feel about their Christian Families??
I’m pretty sure at least one would. No shame in that one. I’m afraid he will end up in prison if he doesn’t get a handle on his hate.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#539874 May 26, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Very cute, LOL.
We don't call them iguanas here, incidentally. We call them goannas.
http://walkaboutpark.com.au/index.php...
I'm probably giving my age away here but I remember "Solid Rock" by Goanna.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,764
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min PadMark 675,757
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min bad bob 128
Something you hope your husband never finds out 26 min Crazy Guy 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Eye no u 445,796
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,102
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr andet1987 6,231
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Aura Mytha 110,398
More from around the web